Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wolf Pack. Anyone else watching?

[...]

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2023 5:45 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2023 11:49 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2023 11:52 AM

What is the show about?

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2023 12:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2023 12:08 PM

r3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2023 12:14 PM

It's ok in a style over substance way. Davis, from Teen Wolf, is running the show. SMG really must need the paycheck to agree to doing this. Her role is so stupid. The first episode ends with her character sharing classified information about an ongoing investigation with one of the suspects, only to set up the show's mystery.

I get "Manu Rios in Netflix's Elite" type of vibes from Tyler Lawrence Gray's performance.

Perfect guilty pleasure entertainment, at least for me.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2023 12:46 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2023 12:51 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2023 12:52 PM

Is there something for Colton?

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2023 4:29 PM

R9 Colton was in the Teen Wolf movie.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2023 12:49 AM

I read something about a “big twist” but I’ve watched every episode and I must have missed that..

The gay character/actor is hot, as is the biracial kid. The girls are annoying.

SMG is barely in it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2023 2:33 AM

[quote) I read something about a “big twist” but I’ve watched every episode and I must have missed that..

If there is a twist, I imagine the gang will not find the twins' father, but their mother. *Looking at SMG's character*

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2023 1:24 PM

This is why the teen boys are all turning gay; these scenes are too hot; the slutty girls can't compete. Bros like feeling muscles on other bros.

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2023 1:26 PM

r13 they're showing him as a bad boy slut.. honestly, it's refreshing from a gay pov that they're not portraying him as an awkward suburban virgin... however, I'm inclined to believe they're pushing it as self destructive rebellion, insecurity, escapism and the disconnect from his adoptive father or longing for his real father, i.e. a relatable male role model.

r7 the dialogue and plot is mediocre, but it's better surprisingly better than most things aimed at Z. The editing is linear... even if they skip transition scenes. I think her acting despite the level of everything else is quite good here. She used to have a problem of being too hammy. It's still on the melodramatic side but toned down significantly.

but it's hallmarks of gen z shows to focusing on the primary leads as the only developed characters, and where the rest tend to be two dimensional or even single... often flawed, clueless, if not outright irrational. And other than say millennials programs where the leads internal neuroses are worn on their sleeves. Writing for Z shows struggle with character development for their leads. . . so, you frequently find external catalysts. . . essentially, nothing happens because of them, everything happens to them.

There's a few oddities to keep it from being placed firmly in the category of Z just yet. It may improve as it goes on. . . however, youth driven mysteries and thrillers tend to hit you over the head with the plot points. So, that's to be expected. . . and of course, the nonsensical twists.. often lacking foreshadowing because of the desperation to have a twist.

I would have to say, at this point, there's no strong indicators it'll be renewed thus far.,.. it's a bit of a jumbled mess. It might strength by the end but they're running with a 90s setup and trying to hammer it into current tropes.. and well, limited episodes. If they had 23-26 episodes, it would be more viable. It could possibly strengthen over a few seasons but not likely with companies running it.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2023 2:37 AM

They're definitely using SMG to draw viewers (likely Buffy fans such as myself...no shame). But she is, indeed, barely in it. I watched the first two episodes and it was ok.

This thread just reminded me that I forgot to cancel that 7-day free trial with Paramount+ so...might as well finish the damn show, now.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2023 3:23 AM

[Quote] They're definitely using SMG to draw viewers (likely Buffy fans such as myself...no shame).

Buffy was actually a good show with decent writing. I'm trying to understand what the appeal was for SMG? She said in an interview that she's working on another project with Jeff. And she also talked about creating a safe environment on set for the Wolf Pack cast, she got a crew member fired for massaging an actor's back. Like does she know who she's working for?

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2023 11:11 AM

Horrible. Everyone in it needs to eat a sandwich...or five. Also, acting lessons would help.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2023 12:20 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2023 4:34 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2023 4:46 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2023 4:48 PM

r18 yeah that's become the standard r17

given so few kiddies have normal human interaction and lean towards (socialized/conditioned) autism, they tend to prefer shit acting to the over-exaggerated but they lose interest in shows quickly. . . and not very forthright in what they want in their entertainment media. It's no doubt as to why so many have difficulties marketing to them.

That's kind of the problem of any generation that it's difficult to write for them while the youngest of them are still growing up. . . but far too many shows marketed towards them feel incomplete or rushed through and relying on concept more than fleshing out everything they need to.

The series that do better aren't so heavily aiming for them as the primary audience.

my bigger gripe with the show is that they rely too much on cgi. . and yeah, SMG was promoted as if she was a major, if not the lead character.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2023 5:07 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2023 5:12 PM

r22 If they would combine old school fx with new it would look better... but the industry says it's too expensive to rely on props and makeup artists. . . even major budget films reject the notion of using anything but cgi these days. And to be real, a lot of that is also driven by prima donna actresses (a few actors, too.. but there's a long list of actresses that refuse it.) - so now, the majority of scifi/fantasy entertainment, everything from monsters to aliens are humanized or cgi.

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2023 8:05 AM

The gay sex scenes are hotter than anything on gay shows as UNCOUPLED or the new and cancelled QUEER AS FOLK. The gay character Harlan is so far my favorite one. His father (Rodrigo Santoro) is hot too and an interesting character. SMG's role got much more important since the last episode - so I see why she took the part. The acting by the young cast needs some improvement, I agree. But they aren't terribly bad (no over-acting as in EUPHORIA is actually a good sign).

I really don't care for CGI effects (but I know that HOUSE OF DRAGON is overrated because their CGI and brownish colors didn't look that good compared to STAR WARS: ANDOR). Producer Jeff Davis and his writers delivered funnier dialogue on TEEN WOLF, that's what I miss on WOLF PACK so far, to be more tongue in cheek. Davis's TEEN WOLF: THE MOVIE had some of it and the young lead in it, Eli (Tyler Hoechlin/Derek's son) would've been perfect to spun-off in WOLF PACK.

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2023 1:15 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2023 1:23 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2023 1:24 PM

It's kind of funny how much attention and effort is put into the gay making out scenes, while the rest seems rather rushed at times.

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2023 1:42 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2023 2:47 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 29February 27, 2023 2:56 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 30February 27, 2023 2:57 PM

R29 Honestly, there's nothing "Hot" about that IMO. It looks like two anorexic teenagers who need haircuts groping each other

R27 You've described 98% of gay cinema. The sex scenes are always great. HOWEVER, the story, acting, lighting...not so much

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2023 12:12 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2023 2:40 PM

R32 WAIT...I'm a homophobe because I called two skinny fucks, who wouldn't piss on your old ass if you were on fire AND paid them btw, anorexic? I have watched this garbage and lost IQ points because it's so fucking AWFUL. You'd realize that if you weren't so busy living out your high school fantasies by watching shitty television geared toward people 20 years your junior. Meanwhile, it'd be better off being gay cinema because those scenes are the ONLY thing remotely interesting. THAT'S how bad it is.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2023 3:10 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2023 3:24 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2023 3:34 PM

The show is not really keeping my attention, unfortunately. It's probably because the main cast are, indeed, supposed to be in high school (many of the actors were apparently born after 9/11...kids to me). I'm in my 30s and shows set in high school no longer pique my interest. I only tuned in to this one because of SMG.

The last show where the main characters were in high school that I seriously watched was The Vampire Diaries, and that's because I'm around the same age as the actors. I also watched its spin-off The Originals but couldn't get into Legacies because, again, the characters are in high school and the actors are "babies" to me.

High school storylines today are obviously going to be geared and tailored to fit tropes common with actual teens today. That means it's all appealing to Gen Z whereas shows like Teen Wolf, TVD, and Gossip Girl (the original CW version) were more targeted toward Millennials, which is what I am. Shows like Euphoria, this one, Riverdale, and That 90s Show (how dare they, btw), I cannot get into after a while.

I guess I'm officially "too old for this shit," now. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Now, excuse me while I go listen to my millennial playlist and reminisce on the good ole days of being an early, angsty, 2000s teen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Nobody has done more to promote generic twinks than Datalounge. Unless you count OnlyFans. Fem werewolves. How original. VIDEO = RP drunk and talking about Taylors hot ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2023 10:03 PM

Thanks for posting R37 Imagine the furore if Edward forgot about Bella and got with Jacob instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2023 12:12 AM

Not the desired demographic for the show, but I still watch it. Love the whole teenage mystery from the CW, Freeform, streaming platforms, etc. Back when I was young, such gay positive content was unthinkable. Yeah, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2023 8:59 AM

R35 Who gives a shit? I like what I like and don't need fucking Darkmingelord's approval. CLEARLY, they're not anorexic, but they're wayyy too thin for my taste. I mean...why are you even arguing? Do you work for this dumb show?

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2023 12:01 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2023 9:36 PM

R41 And you’re one of those Internet assholes who just can-not wait to tell someone how wrong they are, right? You’re practically foaming at the mouth as you scurry from post to post--like a roach-- waiting to drop your knowledge on inane topics like the anatomy of teenage boys and fat deposits. WHAT? ALL of this over an obviously hyperbolic statement about two thin actors? Do you honestly believe that I think those actors suffer from anorexia? I mean…how in the universe could anyone think that was a serious indictment? They have six packs and healthy skin. Are you THAT hard up for attention here or just completely oblivious? Something’s lacking for you to be this uptight over such an innocuous statement, especially on this board.

I’ve seen your dumb name all over DL, and you seem to be in the habit of calling people out or something. Maybe get a cat or a life?

by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2023 11:01 AM

Just watched the season finale. With the introduction of Baron the series got a lot better and by the end Sarah Michelle Gellar's character made a lot more sense.

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2023 1:41 PM

I sort of absentmindedly watch this, so I’m a bit confused as to what’s going on (and don’t really care all that much), but it sure has some cute boys.

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2023 2:12 AM

The kid playing Everett and the kid playing Baron look so much alike..(yes, I know one is biracial)..but their facial features are so similar.

by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2023 2:14 AM

The show was losing me (except for the hot guys), but I admit the finale piqued my interest again. As a season, it was really weak though... why do they feel the need to drag out this shit so much? If they had arrived at the finale's plot beats by episode 4 and had brought the whole pack building thing to an end by the finale, the season would have had much more punch. This way, it's just Jeff Davis lazily shitting his weak-ass pseudo-mysteries all over this show and thinking it's a formula for success. (Teen Wolf only worked in the first two seasons because the actors had good chemistry. It was successful despite Jeff Davis, not because of him.)

by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2023 6:59 PM

[Quote] (Teen Wolf only worked in the first two seasons because the actors had good chemistry. It was successful despite Jeff Davis, not because of him.)

The writers also changed once they moved to LA. There was an attempt at keeping the plots somewhat coherent but that went out the window very quickly. Of course a lot Teen Wolf fans will say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2023 3:20 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2023 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!