Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ohio Toxic Chemical Disaster

Why is the MSM not covering this? Fish and cows are now dying 100 miles away, Ohio River now contaminated as far as West Virginia, chemical plume cloud is moving around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 5, 2023 9:55 AM

Blue States - your taxes will pay for the cleanup.

by Anonymousreply 1February 13, 2023 3:04 PM

Because freight railroads have hijacked our country. They need to be broken up and nationalized

by Anonymousreply 2February 13, 2023 3:06 PM

Sue the snot out of everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 3February 13, 2023 3:06 PM

[quote]Why is the MSM not covering this?

I just did a search, and within the last day, there's articles and TV pieces from ABC, CBS, CNN, WaPo, The Guardian and many others ... including the NY Post, which is characteristically (and perhaps appropriately, in this case) lurid:

"Animals are falling sick and dying near the site of a hellish Ohio train derailment last Friday which released toxic chemicals into the air, according to reports — sparking fears of the potential health impacts the crash could have on humans."

by Anonymousreply 4February 13, 2023 3:09 PM

The news is covering it but it's not getting a huge amount of attention. I didn't even know about it until I saw someone tweet "sure, there's a million tweets about UFOs and only two tweets about this" and posted a photo of the disaster. I had to look it up to know what they were talking about. By then, it had been five days since it happened.

Just did another search and what I found were local news stations saying "water utility is taking precautions" and "local council to meet" and nothing indicating how serious it was.

In fact, the bottom four search results on the top page are "buy Amtrak tickets" and "Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad" sorts of results, nothing about the derailment at all.

by Anonymousreply 5February 13, 2023 3:18 PM

A horrific environmental disaster is happening in Ohio, and you may not even have heard about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 13, 2023 3:19 PM

Even though the MSM is covering this, it feels like their coverage is just sort of a shoulder-shrug "toxic chemical spills are just not that big of a deal" attitude that is woefully inadequate and wildly inappropriate, but now that the MSM is wholly owned by corporate interests, to be expected. And never mind the whole harbinger of things to come aura.

by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote]Blue States - your taxes will pay for the cleanup.

CSX is responsible for the cleanup.

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2023 3:21 PM

Weird the train derailed right next to a gas station called 'Leake Oil'

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2023 3:22 PM

Time to stock up on bottled water.

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2023 3:25 PM

You could remove the words “toxic” and “disaster” from the title of this thread, OP. They’re implied by your use of the word “Ohio”.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2023 3:27 PM

It’s ratings. Gotta let Riri’s SuperBowl performance and these balloons pass first. I expect we’ll get live coverage from head anchors by end of the week. If they slot it in right after the Earthquake relief efforts, they’ll be able to ride that wave of viewer anxiety to higher ratings. The only wild card is that Fox News may start another silly Pete blame train.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote]CSX is responsible for the cleanup.

Oh, you're cute. Ignorant, maybe gullible, but cute.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2023 3:31 PM

Clean air? Clean water? A life without toxins? You don't need those things, Patriots! Not when you have firearms and OWNING THE LIBS! Anyone who tells you differently is spreading FAKE NEWS! You should find out their names, their families names, where they live and work and tell you EXACTLY what REAL Patriots and God fearing Americans think of them and their WOKENESS! :wink:

Carry on, my MAGA fam! #2A

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2023 3:37 PM

The MSM will cover it 20 years from now when the communities affected have been devastated by cancers and birth defects.

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2023 3:39 PM

Pete is crouching under his desk, or maybe standing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2023 4:09 PM

Depressing but true, r15. We'll get some lovely longform articles many years from now, peppered with phrases like "locals say it was the train derailment, but experts aren't so sure."

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2023 4:30 PM

And now the OP of this thread has been grayed out and red tagged?! Feels very suspicious and conspiratorial.

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2023 6:25 PM

I read the billion dollar company responsible for the disaster offered the residents $25k for the clean up.

Those people are truly fucked. Their houses are worthless now and most can't afford to leave. Those chemicals will slowly kill them in next 20 years. Millions of people in the area could be affected and no one is really talking about this. Vinyl chloride will slowly poison their water, environment and wildlife.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2023 6:59 PM

Nearly 1 million pounds of vinyl chloride were on this train. Now, the EPA has confirmed it's entered the Ohio River basin which is home to 25 million people.

This is one of the deadliest environmental emergencies in decades and no one is talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2023 7:01 PM

OP = troll...see for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2023 7:03 PM

Train derailments and toxic spills are VERY TURD WORLD

by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2023 7:17 PM

R17 And don't forget all the documentary filmmakers who'll circle this disaster like vultures working for streaming platforms.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2023 7:37 PM

Horrifying.

As if Roundup weren’t doing enough damage.

by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2023 8:20 PM

Pete speaks to the National Association of Counties Conference but not about trains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2023 8:32 PM

Reddit has posted many terrible videos and photographs of the "accident".

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2023 8:36 PM

Oh no, Ohio already had a problem with producing inbred damaged freaks without this to compound the issue. Jfc....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2023 8:37 PM

Who or what is responsible for this? This is not an oppsie. Who authorized a toxic substance of that quantity to be transported?

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2023 8:39 PM

Many people have moved back to the middle of America for a better quality of life after the covid pandemic. An accident of this size is just the kind of fuckup to get people packed up and moving again.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2023 8:41 PM

[quote]Oh, you're cute. Ignorant, maybe gullible, but cute.

With all due respect…you’re stupid. It will go the way of Exxon and the Valdez spill.

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote]Many people have moved back to the middle of America for a better quality of life after the covid pandemic. An accident of this size is just the kind of fuckup to get people packed up and moving again.

Really? You might want to tell all those people who moved out of middle America for warmer climates.

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2023 8:57 PM

Ridiculous to be afraid of f0re!gn enemies, when the call is coming from inside the house.

by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2023 8:58 PM

There’s several massive nuclear power reactors being built here in Britain, and I’m despairing over that choice, anticipating a disaster. Perhaps I need to get out sooner than I planned (though with WHAT money and to what possible country, I do not know..)

by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2023 9:01 PM

You're not cute.

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2023 9:11 PM

Didn’t we already have to sit through an atrocious Adam Driver movie about this?

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2023 9:19 PM

It’s a good thing republicans don’t believe in weather or pollution or elections.

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2023 9:26 PM

I hope when The Toxic Avenger finally arises from all of these environmenal accidens, he goes after those who voted for relaxing safety regulations, first.

by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2023 9:37 PM

*accidents

by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2023 9:51 PM

Phosgene was one of the weapons used in WWI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2023 10:04 PM

Wasn't there a movie about this with Mark Ruffalo?

by Anonymousreply 40February 13, 2023 10:06 PM

R40 No, the exact thing happened in an Adam Driver movie late last year, Ohio and train derailment with toxic chemicals.

by Anonymousreply 41February 13, 2023 10:40 PM

This shitstorm is only 50 miles northwest of Pittsburgh PA.

by Anonymousreply 42February 13, 2023 10:42 PM

Here, there’s an article about it, life imitating art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 13, 2023 10:42 PM

I was thinking this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 13, 2023 10:51 PM

r18 it was because he was spamming a Rihanna thread for some reason, not because of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2023 12:16 AM

[quote]An accident of this size is just the kind of fuckup to get people packed up and moving again.

Maybe, but the Midwest is basically THE area where this kind of stuff happens regularly. There are trains and trains full of all kinds of chemicals and weaponry (going to and from military installations) all across the Midwest, but it's a huge area and you can go your whole life not being near a disaster, so most people won't worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 46February 14, 2023 12:19 AM

When handing out the measley $500k to the townsfolk they've set up for horrifying deaths, the railroad owners should tell them that the acid rain and poisonous crops their area will produce might eventually affect Democrats so the Republicans who get cancer from this chemical spill (caused by the rollback of safety laws by their beloved Trump and destruction of unions by their party) can know they are helping to own them some Libs.

They always fall for that one.

by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2023 12:20 AM

Pete needs new joke writers.

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg copped bipartisan heat Monday when he failed to address the catastrophic Ohio train derailment which released toxic chemicals into the air this month — but joked about Chinese spy balloons and moaned about a lack of diversity in the construction industry.

“It couldn’t be a more exciting time for transportation,” Buttigieg, 41, said .

“It’s had its challenges. I mean, if you look at what the American transportation systems have faced in the last two or three years partly because of the pandemic, we’ve faced issues from container shipping to airline cancellations … Now we got balloons,” the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, awkwardly joked.

But the one-time presidential candidate’s cringey attempt at humor went down like a lead balloon.

“Nobody thinks this is funny,” Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) raged in a tweet Monday, sharing a video of the Cabinet member’s quip.

“He jokes about balloons while ignoring East Palestine, OH. We deserve better than this,” former Ohio state senator and democrat Nina Turner also fumed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 14, 2023 12:33 AM

[quote]“Nobody thinks this is funny,” Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) raged in a tweet Monday, sharing a video of the Cabinet member’s quip.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about what Insurrection Ken has to say.

by Anonymousreply 49February 14, 2023 1:10 AM

500k is the starting point for negotiations

by Anonymousreply 50February 14, 2023 1:11 AM

Reporter Evan Lambert ARRESTED for Trying to Cover Planned Toxic Chemical Release in Ohio

by Anonymousreply 51February 14, 2023 9:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 14, 2023 9:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 14, 2023 9:50 AM

R51…I don’t know what you’re playing at but he was arrested a week ago and for being disruptive at a press conference. Apparently he was reporting “live” on air while the Governor was giving a press conference. While he shouldn’t have been arrested or jostled…he also shouldn’t have been doing a live shot in the room while the press conference was on going. You make it seem like he was doing investigative journalism…he wasn’t…he was being annoying to everyone else in the room.

by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2023 2:51 PM

We can't stop mass shootings but by GOD we're gonna arrest journalists for "being annoying" and by GOD we are going to have many people defending it when it happens!

by Anonymousreply 55February 14, 2023 5:01 PM

[uote]by GOD we are going to have many people defending it when it happen

Wow, you’re an asshole with an agenda. I did not defend his arrest or his being manhandled. But you’re being conspiratorial and making it out that the reporter was doing god’s work when the reality was he was interrupting the press conference. Instead of being a good reporter and listening to the conference and asking intelligent questions, he felt it was more important to banter with someone back at NewsNation…a pissant , online outlet that employs Chris Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 56February 14, 2023 5:11 PM

Gov DeWine says: This Clusterfuck is ALL ME, fellas!

"Reporter: Senator Vance is on Fox critical of the Biden Administration.. Are you satisfied with the Biden Administration response? DeWine: … The President called me and said anything you need. I will not hesitate to call him if we see a problem but I’m not seeing it"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 14, 2023 9:06 PM

"Republican politicians and media seeking to exploit the OH train derailment for political gain can direct their inquiries to Gov. DeWine, who said today he followed Norfolk Southern’s recommendation to burn the chem cars, and whose CEO gave his him his word everything will be ok."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 14, 2023 9:07 PM

And you know he can back it all up, too.

"From day one, our USDOT personnel have been assisting in the response to the Norfolk Southern derailment in Ohio. As NTSB conducts its investigation and EPA works to keep residents safe, our Federal Rail and Pipeline and Hazardous Material teams will continue to offer support."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 14, 2023 9:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 14, 2023 9:21 PM

Disgraceful

by Anonymousreply 61February 14, 2023 9:24 PM

Oh me oh my-oh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 15, 2023 11:39 AM

Erin Brockovich is sounding the alarm about this all over social media, but she's only a media darling when it suits the media's corporate owners.

You know those sad ambulance-chaser ads for Camp LeJeune, asbestos exposure, and the Sept 11 fund?

We'll be seeing "East Palestine" ads in about 10-20 years.

by Anonymousreply 63February 15, 2023 11:54 AM

[quote]Even though the MSM is covering this, it feels like their coverage is just sort of a shoulder-shrug "toxic chemical spills are just not that big of a deal" attitude that is woefully inadequate and wildly inappropriate

True:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 15, 2023 12:10 PM

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Pete Buttigieg, the Transportation Secretary under President Biden, has reportedly been binge-watching the children's show Thomas the Tank Engine in an effort to understand the recent wave of train derailments that have been plaguing the United States.

Sources close to Buttigieg say that the Secretary has been glued to his TV, watching episode after episode of the popular children's show. Determined to unlock their secrets, Buttigieg has been taking copious notes as he studies the behavior of the show's colorful cast of anthropomorphic trains.

"He's really into it. Like REALLY into it," said one anonymous source. "He makes loud train noises just like they do on the show. He's even started wearing a conductor's hat around the office. It's a bit strange, but if it helps him understand what's going on with these derailments, then more power to him."

"It seems that maybe we need to incorporate the power of friendship into our railroads," thought Buttigieg out loud. "Maybe with enough teamwork and enough fun we can fix our country's infrastructure!"

At publishing time, after completing hundreds of episodes of Thomas The Tank Engine Buttigieg admitted that he was no closer to learning why our trains are derailing, but even more importantly he has learned that Thomas and his friends were all racist bigots.

by Anonymousreply 65February 15, 2023 9:03 PM

[quote] This is one of the deadliest environmental emergencies in decades and no one is talking about it.

Our reporting staff is covering the VERY important 2024 presidential announcement this week by Nikki Haley.

by Anonymousreply 66February 15, 2023 9:10 PM

Scary videos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 15, 2023 10:50 PM

Anyone living within 100 miles of the Ohio River (myself included) has a right to be scared and suspicious of any media coming out of this disaster. We've all seen the outcomes of environmental disasters caused by corporate greed Families are told all is well, business as usual, return to your homes... only to drop dead years later from black lung and vicious cancers all traced back to the same source. Look at the shareholders.

by Anonymousreply 68February 15, 2023 10:56 PM

40 thousand fish have died. No one is going to be convinced that this fuckup is safe.

by Anonymousreply 69February 15, 2023 11:00 PM

So very angry this was allowed to happen.

by Anonymousreply 70February 15, 2023 11:01 PM

This has depressing echoes of Chernobyl and Fukushima. Initially people were told that evacuation was just a precaution. The bad news trickled out slowly.

by Anonymousreply 71February 16, 2023 1:17 AM

CNN covered the story earlier and they're going to have another segment on soon.

by Anonymousreply 72February 16, 2023 1:21 AM

Raquel Welch just died. The Ohio toxic chemical disaster news story can wait.

by Anonymousreply 73February 16, 2023 1:30 AM

I noticed that many of the townsfolk are quite big.

by Anonymousreply 74February 16, 2023 1:32 AM

What are you suggesting, R74? Get the 10 fattest people in town to hang around the area and breathe in all those vapors?

by Anonymousreply 75February 16, 2023 1:48 AM

R74 Are the roomy in the hips? Great big fat people? BB liked em that way so he loved OH.

by Anonymousreply 76February 16, 2023 1:49 AM

Jake Tapper had Erin Brockovich on as a guest. She looks nothing like Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 77February 16, 2023 2:00 AM

No, R75, just an observation. They're worried about these chemicals but clearly not worried about their waistlines.

by Anonymousreply 78February 16, 2023 2:04 AM

If I lived in Ohio, I would self-medicate with food or drugs, as well.

by Anonymousreply 79February 16, 2023 2:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 16, 2023 2:27 AM

“When I went back to Ohio…. My city was gone!”

by Anonymousreply 81February 16, 2023 2:39 AM

Secretary Pete seems to be roasted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 16, 2023 2:49 AM

Not happy with Pete

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 16, 2023 2:50 AM

Yeah I no longer use Twitter so I miss stuff. I am ok with missing accusations of reversed racism

by Anonymousreply 84February 16, 2023 2:51 AM

Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 16, 2023 2:53 AM

Pete is responsible but not business owners or operations managers and consultants. Why transport this volume of combustible and toxic chemicals all at once?

by Anonymousreply 86February 16, 2023 2:54 AM

Maybe the fat fucks in the town shouldn't have voted for Trump. He's the one who didn't force the railways to install those new brakes.

by Anonymousreply 87February 16, 2023 2:54 AM

R87 They shouldn’t vote for Republicans, period. This is the end result of corp greed and unregulated industry. I HOPE they feel they owned the LIBS though!

by Anonymousreply 88February 16, 2023 2:57 AM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 89February 16, 2023 3:00 AM

Right wingers LOSE THEIR MINDS over train derailment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 16, 2023 3:01 AM

JD Vance has been on FOX, assuring everyone old Sleepy Joe took time out of his nap schedule to detail the train by himself after Hillary urged him to do so and the Democrat's token gay guy, Pete Whatshisface, was actually the one who threw the match to light up the tankers, so the viewers will know who is REALLY to blame there R87.

by Anonymousreply 91February 16, 2023 3:02 AM

I like this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 16, 2023 3:04 AM

R92 You would. Meanwhile, Gov DeWine(REEEEPUBLICAAAAAN) said he doesn’t need Federal help after Mighty Joe offered him whatever he wanted.

That should be a pic of Pete saying “And this is what Republican government gets you.”

by Anonymousreply 93February 16, 2023 3:08 AM

Train derailment = accident. Transporting large quantities of volatile and toxic chemicals all at once= gross negligence, malfeasance. Incompetence, someone's fuck buddy making bad decisions from a position they are unqualified to hold.

by Anonymousreply 94February 16, 2023 3:12 AM

Cheryl uncrossed her legs, didn't she.

by Anonymousreply 95February 16, 2023 3:13 AM

Trump killed Obama's stricter regulations on trains carrying hazardous materials.

How fitting, then, that this happened in a state that voted for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 16, 2023 3:16 AM

The goal was to save money on transportation? Not only did this astute business decision not save a dime, it is going cost billions in settlement monies.

by Anonymousreply 97February 16, 2023 3:19 AM

Voting for the deregulation that causes your land and homes to turn into a toxic wasteland and you and your loved ones to suffer from pancreatic and thyroid cancers, all to Own the Libs.

Savvy. Genius. MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 98February 16, 2023 3:21 AM

Can someone ask the asshole Republicans for ONCE how this isn't the fault of the deregulation they love so much? How the fuck is this Pete B or Biden's fault?

by Anonymousreply 99February 16, 2023 3:22 AM

R99 The corp media is not going there. They are happy to keep letting Republicans gaslight and lie about who’s at fault.

by Anonymousreply 100February 16, 2023 3:23 AM

Ayn Rand acolytes, lassez faire free thinkers. Classy bunch.

by Anonymousreply 101February 16, 2023 3:23 AM

If it weren't for the possible environmental impacts, it'd be pretty hard to care about this. Vote for a clown, expect a circus.

by Anonymousreply 102February 16, 2023 3:25 AM

Exactly, r102. If this only affected the Republican trash who want this type of deregulation, then by all means, enjoy the birth defect generation to come. Unfortunately, they drag us down with them and we pay the most to clean up the mess.

by Anonymousreply 103February 16, 2023 3:31 AM

They have to blame Democrats because this is obviously another consequence of Republican policies.

by Anonymousreply 104February 16, 2023 3:32 AM

These people probably didn't give a damn about taking Covid precautions so what's a little contaminated water?

by Anonymousreply 105February 16, 2023 3:34 AM

From the outside looking in, that place is a wasteland. Completely preventable

by Anonymousreply 106February 16, 2023 3:35 AM

I visited the nypost. Nothing on the front page. The post is discussing Hunter Bidens ten inch cock.

by Anonymousreply 107February 16, 2023 4:02 AM

Shouldn't THEY be taking care of this?

Or is it still canceled for stealing other people's luggage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 16, 2023 4:13 AM

Goodbye Joe me gotta go me oh my oh, son of a gun, gonna have big fun in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 109February 16, 2023 5:18 AM

[quote]The goal was to save money on transportation? Not only did this astute business decision not save a dime, it is going cost billions in settlement monies.

We'll see. The rail industry has a history of getting governments to let it off the hook.

Documents show that when current transportation safety rules were first created, a federal agency sided with industry lobbyists and limited regulations governing the transport of hazardous compounds. The decision effectively exempted many trains hauling dangerous materials — including the one in Ohio — from the “high-hazard” classification and its more stringent safety requirements.

Amid the lobbying blitz against stronger transportation safety regulations, Norfolk Southern paid executives millions and spent billions on stock buybacks — all while the company shed thousands of employees despite warnings that understaffing is intensifying safety risks. Norfolk Southern officials also fought off a shareholder initiative that could have required company executives to “assess, review, and mitigate risks of hazardous material transportation.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 16, 2023 11:18 AM

Poor, poor corporation is now concerned about "safety."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 16, 2023 11:40 AM

😵 [italic] Silent Hill

by Anonymousreply 112February 16, 2023 11:48 AM

Cowards didn't even show up to the Town Hall. That's how little they think of what they've done to that town and the environment, for decades.

But, please keep voting to screw over workers and trash our air and water, Conservatives! Burn it all down and keep making the rich even richer so you can "Own the Libs", you geniuses!

by Anonymousreply 113February 16, 2023 12:01 PM

The people in the town got what they voted for, R113.

by Anonymousreply 114February 16, 2023 5:24 PM

I'm kind of baffled by the people that say the residents of the town/county all deserve this because they voted for Trump.

About 30% voted for Biden. They're suffering alongside the Trump voters. What the fuck did they do to ask for this? What were they supposed to have done to prevent it?

There's a lot of heartlessness here.

by Anonymousreply 115February 16, 2023 5:56 PM

Trump and Biden will be long gone by the time mothers are giving birth to three-headed infants.

Maybe someone will create a game about this and HBO will create a series based on the game. Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 116February 16, 2023 6:10 PM

People are reporting their family pets are becoming ill. Vet bills are expensive

by Anonymousreply 117February 16, 2023 7:07 PM

I don't give a fuck who they voted for, this is a national shame along the lines of J6. Disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 118February 16, 2023 7:09 PM

R117, maybe Fido and Mittens shouldn't have voted for the Orange Turd. I know I won't shed a tear when the little fuckers die. They get what they richly deserve.

by Anonymousreply 119February 16, 2023 7:10 PM

Norfolk Southern didn't send their staff to be EXPOSED TO TOXIC CHEMICAL FUMES. This company should be rendered insolvent when the smoke clears.

by Anonymousreply 120February 16, 2023 7:11 PM

Someone on Instagram mentioned that his parents bought some land near the Ohio River bc they wanted to get away from Covid restrictions and all that suppression and paternalism in blue states and now their water, land and animals are contaminated and worthless. Of course, when someone mentioned that Ohio has a Republican governor and the Trump administration was responsible for revoking safety regulations, he wasn't having it and it's all Biden's and Democrats fault that his parents have to live in a toxic hellhole now.

by Anonymousreply 121February 16, 2023 7:20 PM

It won't kill enough of these Ohio people who routinely vote republican, this is a troll thread anyway.

by Anonymousreply 122February 16, 2023 7:36 PM

Another Norfolk Southern train carrying hazardous materials derailed near Detroit today, though authorities say there's no evidence of a leak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 16, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote]The people in the town got what they voted for, [R113].

And yet, being as stupid and ignorant as they are, will still blame Biden and Dems.

by Anonymousreply 124February 16, 2023 8:44 PM

I live in Louisiana where they routinely vote against their own interests, my family included. There is nothing good here, and people struggle yet they vote for crooks. They would rather starve to keep others, which means blacks actually, from getting help. I do not condole them.

by Anonymousreply 125February 16, 2023 9:00 PM

What does it tell you when a trash heap of a state like WV which is entirely dependent on blue states and that thar "socialism" for survival, will just vote for Jim Justice over Manchin? A bunch of dirt poor ignoramuses voting for Republicans without fail. It comes from an evil place.

White, working class Republicans are useless idiots. Period. And spare me your lecturing me on how we're supposed to appeal to those assholes. You don't get to shit on liberals for "cancel culture" and being "snowflakes" when we're not even allowed to be brutally honest about the very people who can't handle the truth about who they are. They couldn't wait to gleefully vote for an orange, spoiled, stupid buffoon who knew and knows less than shit about democracy or history. They voted for him saying far worse and having done far worse, and yet that's perfectly fine with so-called "moderates" who think we could ever appeal to racist, bigoted, working class whites who don't actually believe in an even playing field and think only they should collect benefits, as if millions of non-whites are paying a shitload in taxes do BillyBob can sit on his ass waiting for coal to come back.

by Anonymousreply 126February 16, 2023 9:12 PM

aren't* paying

by Anonymousreply 127February 16, 2023 9:13 PM

R126 Exactly. These people hate Democrats and would laugh if this happened in a liberal CA city. They will vote to give companies like this more power and money so they’ll never be accountable for destroying their lives.

by Anonymousreply 128February 16, 2023 9:32 PM

Sad but true, R126

by Anonymousreply 129February 16, 2023 9:38 PM

I ain't so worried about them railroads not havin' no reglations. I vote for the ones who are keeping them woke drag queens from teachin' my babbies CRT and grooming them for God knows what!!!

by Anonymousreply 130February 16, 2023 11:08 PM

I'm sure those toxic chemicals won't affect the children in the disaster zone. Maybe just a couple of flipper babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 16, 2023 11:19 PM

𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

Shrugs it all off. Just one of a thousand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 17, 2023 5:01 AM

R132 Boy our resident weak ass Russian Boris is getting bad at his job.

by Anonymousreply 133February 17, 2023 11:37 AM

Talk about a headline totally misrepresenting both the article and the person interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 134February 17, 2023 11:48 AM

Yes, R134, Mediaite screwed the pooch on that one.

by Anonymousreply 135February 17, 2023 11:55 AM

scary...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 17, 2023 12:43 PM

I dunno r136. The Simpsons has been on the air for about 837 years. At this point, they have covered every single fucking topic known to mankind.

by Anonymousreply 137February 17, 2023 1:23 PM

The right wingers are in full force with this story.

They whined about the "MSM not covering the story" when it was something they were desperately trying to blame on Pete Buttigieg.

Of course, as more comes out about CSX and its mishandling of this, suddenly the GOP flackeys will all rally around the corporation and do whatever is needed to protect business, the American way, etc.

Meanwhile, fuck all the poors in eastern OH and western PA who might get sick and die from this shit. Just another in a long line of things done in that region to fuck over people's health for a dollar/ruble.

by Anonymousreply 138February 17, 2023 1:27 PM

Reminder to the Poor's in OH and PA:

Only one of the parties is actively trying to destroy your Medicare and Medicaid coverage and deep six the ACA! So, when the cancers from this environmental catastrophe finally show up in your body, your spouse's body, your kids and grandkids bodies....you won't have ANY medical insurance to pay for medical care, if they get their way!

Guess which party it is! (Hint: the word you're looking for starts with an "R", like in the word "Russia").

by Anonymousreply 139February 17, 2023 1:38 PM

I live 80 miles north of this disaster. I saw a map posted on Twitter that we were in the zone to have our water affected. Yesterday our town announced that our water is fine. I don't believe them.

by Anonymousreply 140February 17, 2023 1:53 PM

*Poors

by Anonymousreply 141February 17, 2023 1:53 PM

R140 Could you post a link to the map? I can't find it and my family lives less than 80 miles from that area.

by Anonymousreply 142February 17, 2023 2:00 PM

r142 I only saw it once and when I tried to find it again I couldn't. sorry.

by Anonymousreply 143February 17, 2023 2:16 PM

R142 here it is honey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 17, 2023 2:30 PM

R139 a wise message but I'm afraid you're pissing in the wind.

Western PA in that region is the spot that elected Santorum.

Eastern OH closer to this disaster elected Jim Traficant, a human cesspool, for years.

These people are just not motivated to change at ALL.

by Anonymousreply 145February 17, 2023 4:10 PM

according to this video what we really have to worry about is the rain after this disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 17, 2023 4:17 PM

[quote]what we really have to worry about is the rain after this disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 17, 2023 4:33 PM

People there said if you throw a rock into the water it creates florescent ripples.

by Anonymousreply 148February 17, 2023 4:39 PM

It's nice. It's different. It's unusual. It's nice.

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2023 4:40 PM

The guy at R147 retweets Tucker Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 150February 17, 2023 4:43 PM

R150, I'm not sure what you're getting at. Tucker Carlson is a scumbag, therefore we don't have to worry about the environment? Tucker Carlson is a partisan hack, therefore there's no danger of toxic spills? How exactly does that follow?

If Tucker Carlson were thrown into a volcano, could we then start to care about corporations polluting the soil and drinking water?

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2023 5:13 PM

R151 I didn't get any of that from R150s post?

Interesting if that Twitter account R150 shared is indeed a Carlson poster. Yes, people of every political stripe can and are concerned about this disaster.

But also, it makes me look through suspicious eyes at a poster like that to ask myself:

(1) Is this just a post to try to blame Biden, Buttigieg, et al?

(2) Is this a "I never dreamed leopards would eat MY face" scenario from someone who's usually a big corporation/libertarian shill?

by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2023 5:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2023 5:50 PM

It's a Republican district, so the people there naturally understand that profits come before safety. So, why are they upset? It's not like some drag queen is reading stories to their kids.

by Anonymousreply 154February 17, 2023 6:13 PM

Someone should create a Qtard account to spread a new conspiracy theory for the MAGAt town folks to obsess over, that the substance in the tankers will turn their kids into M&M eating commies and watch them hunt the railroad executives down.

It's the only way they will face any type of justice.

by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2023 6:25 PM

R154, and they will continue to vote Republican. Hateful, stupid people.No other excuse to be that poor and voting Republican. You're either an idiot, a bigot-racist or both.

by Anonymousreply 156February 17, 2023 6:29 PM

I was watching CNN either yesterday or the day before when they interviewed one of the townsfolk. She said half the town was related. I don’t think she was kidding.

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2023 6:32 PM

I'm from Louisiana, this spill is just like another day here. We don't bitch about it either, we have to keep the oil flowing for you people.

by Anonymousreply 158February 17, 2023 6:34 PM

This is so frightening. I hope my hollywood crush is safe in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 17, 2023 6:56 PM

[quote] NOAA has since shut down access to this website.

On President Joe Biden’s first day in office, White House press secretary Jen Psaki pledged that the administration would “bring transparency and truth back to government.” While the administration took some initial steps toward fulfilling this pledge, it has simply failed to act on a number of transparency issues. Worse, the administration seems to be embracing the opaque and undemocratic policies of its predecessors on a few other fronts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2023 6:59 PM

[quote] 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 Shrugs it all off. Just one of a thousand.

Not sure about this. But it has taken Pete a [bold] long [/bold] time to address this. Isn’t this under the purview of his position as head of The Department of Transportation?

The fact that he’s not out there and up front about issues and potential resolutions (despite Republican-likely causation) would not be as worrisome if Buttigieg did not have a history as Sec. of DoT littered with missteps:

- Surreptitious months long “paternity leave” for ADOPTED twins on the taxpayers’ dimes AND when birth mothers - themselves - cannot get the same perks. Remember this was at a critical time for the DoT when there were supply chain issues during the actual pandemic. What a time to adopt twins?

- the disastrous 5G rollout that had airlines and CEOs complaining that this was the “worst” communication and response ever seen involving the air industry as it relates to the DoT and FAA

- backlash for Pete’s idea that $$$$ in the infrastructure bill needed to go for expensive security cameras versus repair of actual roads or infrastructure….this led to the degrading nickname that Repubs came up with: “Pothole Pete”

- Pete bragging on one of his NUMEROUS teevee appearances that holiday travel in 2022 would be smoother and easeful, only to witness a complete meltdown of Southwest and other flights during December. Nevertheless, Pete had been warned about potential issues with airlines beforehand by the AGs of States and other members of Congress (some of whom are notable Dems), but Buttigieg turned a deaf ear to their pre-holiday concerns and instead talked up a big game beforehand….which turned out to be a load of rubbish

-Longshoremen having multiple complaints with the DoT in terms of handling of shipping and containers into US ports….even unionised-Dem-loving Longshoremen become angry when Buttigieg’s name is brought up

Buttigieg has a smooth tongue and is big on the PR fluff but his history for effectual action is littered with DoT Disasters.

The guy has effectively sunk his own ship. Joe needs to dump him if he runs in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2023 7:03 PM

Oh, ok, asshole. Thank god you are her on the DL to shit on Pete for the 800th time. What would we do without your toxic fumes.

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2023 7:11 PM

I'm laughing at how sad R161 is, because there's no way in hell he didn't like his own post more than once.

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2023 7:26 PM

for the first few days this RR co. had been trying to cover this incident up. They said it was no big deal, they had it under control, etc. etc. The only reason it has become a big deal is because of Social media.

I just called my water company to see how often our water was going to be tested because they have tested it once and said it was okay. The assistant laughed and said the incident didn't affect us. I told her it most certainly did. She said they would get back to me. I had said that I was 80 miles north of this incident but that is by driving. It looks much closer in a straight line in the air so I am going to guess that it is about 60 miles away.

by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2023 7:27 PM

I think he was busy. Please respect it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2023 7:29 PM

How many Newsmax talking points do you plan on posting today from conservative cunt Charlie Kirk?

by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2023 7:32 PM

DeWhine was on the teevee saying all of the groundwater has been tested and it's safe. I ain't a scientist, but maybe two weeks doesn't seem like enough time for these chemicals to soak into the groundwater and show up in tests.

I have relatives in Pittsburgh, I am concerned about their air and water quality.

by Anonymousreply 167February 17, 2023 7:38 PM

The FALLKIRK Center, named for its founders, Jerry Falwell Jr, the pool boy fucking pervert, and Charlie Kirk, the mentally ill Nazi, was the center of evangelical Trumpism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 17, 2023 7:38 PM

[quote] I'm laughing at how sad [R161] is, because there's no way in hell he didn't like his own post more than once.

Laugh away, R163.

But know that I am NOT sad, but happy. Happy to see that the post struck a chord with others. Fortunately, like to think that insightful people look at someone’s ACTIONS (or lack thereof), and make a decision based on intelligence, rather than goose-stepping in blind allegiance to Tribalism as the Trump, MTG, Mentally Deficient-MAGATs are wont to do.

Just because someone is a Dem and gay does not justify workplace incompetency which Buttigieg has demonstrated.

by Anonymousreply 169February 17, 2023 7:38 PM

Riiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 170February 17, 2023 7:40 PM

Just a little background on Charlie Kirk because I'm sure most people can't get past the fact that his facial features have all migrated to the center of his face followed by being hit with a frying pan, so he looks like the inflatable pilot from "Airplane!": He couldn't even complete community college.

This is who the right-wing listens to to know what to think. A genuinely stupid, uneducated pile of shit with literally no degrees in anything and less than no experience in anything. His "expertise" is in whining about how whites are victims. Always victims. This fucker is lucky he isn't in prison for being a part of organizing the insurrection - that's white privilege in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2023 7:40 PM

Why is this grayed out. Let’s make a new thread this is important.

by Anonymousreply 172February 17, 2023 7:41 PM

[quote]I have relatives in Pittsburgh, I am concerned about their air and water quality.

Well, I’d be more concerned that Pittsburgh gets its water from the Allegheny River and is surrounded by cracker, coke and steel plants that spew toxins daily.

by Anonymousreply 173February 17, 2023 7:41 PM

Stew Peters, Charlie Kirk, Antonio Sabato Jr--why are these trolls on here posting right wing lunatics? FF them all.

by Anonymousreply 174February 17, 2023 7:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 17, 2023 7:42 PM

R175, the Allegheny flows INTO the Ohio River at The Point and the Ohio River flows OUT OF Pittsburgh and into Ohio. Pittsburgh gets its water from the Allegheny which is upstream from the accident.

by Anonymousreply 176February 17, 2023 7:45 PM

Is this why the fish and frogs died?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 17, 2023 7:52 PM

No, they died from Trump overturning Obama's safety measures.

by Anonymousreply 178February 17, 2023 7:54 PM

I thought one of JD Vance's rancid farts caused the fish and frog die offs.

by Anonymousreply 179February 17, 2023 7:56 PM

Looks like that plume shown at R175 is going to cover all the major US northeastern cities, including Washington, DC. One would think our government would care a bit more since they will be breathing and drinking vinyl chloride, phosgene, etc.

by Anonymousreply 180February 17, 2023 8:10 PM

The plume at r175 defies how wind works.

by Anonymousreply 181February 17, 2023 8:11 PM

The representative laughing away your query requires additional training and support. This is a matter of life and death and a disaster out of the ordinary. She won't know if your water source is contaminated.

by Anonymousreply 182February 17, 2023 8:14 PM

What a great time we live in!

by Anonymousreply 183February 17, 2023 8:14 PM

THIS IS ALL PETE'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 184February 17, 2023 8:15 PM

Why did the stock price for this company rise?

by Anonymousreply 185February 17, 2023 8:16 PM

Because they won't be held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 186February 17, 2023 8:17 PM

A representative is only able to answer they're not informed of any hazards, they won't know. Their manager will not know either. We use water to bath and cook, not just for drinking

by Anonymousreply 187February 17, 2023 8:32 PM

To bathe.

by Anonymousreply 188February 17, 2023 8:33 PM

🤒 I live a mere 116 miles northeast of this chemlab.😵

by Anonymousreply 189February 18, 2023 12:56 AM

R189 quick book a vacation to Equatorial Guinea in order to stay away from the chloride clouds or is it too late already? Is your water already rainbow colors too?

by Anonymousreply 190February 18, 2023 1:02 AM

R190 I usually drink bottled water because my tap water has an aftertaste similar to Clorox Bleach. Perhaps that's why I never had The Covid.

But I did notice this morning that my farm fresh eggs all had triple yolks with a single eyeball.

by Anonymousreply 191February 18, 2023 1:15 AM

This is a good reminder that everyone should keep at least a week's worth of drinking water stored in the event of a disaster/emergency. And if you have the space & can afford it....MORE. Three or four weeks worth of drinking water. You really can't have too much.

by Anonymousreply 192February 18, 2023 1:23 AM

R192 Does one time pee count too?

by Anonymousreply 193February 18, 2023 1:28 AM

We need to focus on pollution and not just climate change.

The rivers lakes and air is as filthy as ever as is half the well water in the country. We have real issues to deal with that are ignored in favor of fake issues like the idea that drag queens are storming your county farms and looking for pediphile victims.

by Anonymousreply 194February 18, 2023 1:33 AM

A lot of the groundwater in western PA was already contaminated from fracking waste. This'll just add a bit more zest to it!

by Anonymousreply 195February 18, 2023 2:11 AM

I just have to say, you guys really are pretty much classless and actually quite stupid. But, sadly enough, you all know that.

by Anonymousreply 196February 18, 2023 2:24 AM

They’ll die to own the libs.

by Anonymousreply 197February 18, 2023 2:37 AM

Republicans are classy, R196. Especially their coke fueled orgies.

by Anonymousreply 198February 18, 2023 2:40 AM

R196, what are we being stupid about? Should we wait for FOX to tell us Hugo Chavez was behind this?

by Anonymousreply 199February 18, 2023 3:12 AM

Has Fox blamed the detailment on Hunter's huge penis yet? Connected it to his laptop? Did they say the train was driven by Killary herself on the way to her pizza parlor?

Those morons would believe ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 200February 18, 2023 3:33 AM

They DO believe anything.

Hell, they look at Trump who is absolute trash and say he is a "true Christian" and that Melania the "architect" is a "classy" lady.

by Anonymousreply 201February 18, 2023 3:43 AM

Southern Norfolk representatives went to people's houses in East Palestine and asked them to sign a form so they could test their water. Read the fine print, people!

"Norfolk-Southern who is going door to door, asking to test residents water. The paragraph at the bottom of this “Contract”states that: “ The homeowner agrees to hold harmless Norfolk-Southern for any & all legal claims. Personal Injury or Property Damage”

by Anonymousreply 202February 18, 2023 8:50 AM

[Quote]Has Fox blamed the detailment on Hunter's huge penis yet?

The people in this region are overwhelmingly Republican, and voted for Trump and DeWine by big margins. They sold out their staunchest supporters to a railroad while trying to blame Democrats.

While Rs try to blame Democrats and Buttigieg, we learn:

1. Trump removed safety standards

2. DeWine ordered the chem cars be burned

3. DeWine declined Fed assistance

4. DeWine said Norfolk Southern CEO “gave him his word” all would be well

5. CEO no-shows at town hall

6. CEO is a DeWine donor

Yet, Democrats, Biden, Hunter's huge penis and liberals in blue states are somehow responsible for this disaster. Norfolk Southern was reckless and greedy. They got DeWine to take a reckless course of action because they had him in their pocket. Then DeWine didn’t want the Feds in to see what he did. Now he blames the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 203February 18, 2023 9:13 AM

It's all Hillary's fault! For making Obama regulate the railroads! Regulations are killing the economy! I can't even buy eggs!

by Anonymousreply 204February 18, 2023 1:24 PM

Dee, you can purchase eggs at anytime as many as y you want or need. The eggs are seventy percent more expensive now. I don't know why

by Anonymousreply 205February 18, 2023 2:05 PM

Reddit has a bunch of crazy threads about this unnatural disaster including the reposted video of a contaminated stream

by Anonymousreply 206February 18, 2023 2:18 PM

Two weeks later FEMA has said they will assist.

Great job Brownie.

by Anonymousreply 207February 18, 2023 2:33 PM

R198 Thanks to you I imagine fox anchors to do these orgies. "Oh Tucker your hole is still so tight". "Yeah I waited for you Jesse". Don jealous that he can't join, that's why he became a morning tv misogynoir?

by Anonymousreply 208February 18, 2023 2:36 PM

Can't we just do this to Ohio so the rest of us don't suffer their idiocy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 18, 2023 3:05 PM

Nuke Ohio. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 210February 18, 2023 4:55 PM

[quote]Anyone living within 100 miles of the Ohio River (myself included) has a right to be scared and suspicious of any media coming out of this disaster.

Why would you be suspicious of any media? The media didn't cause the train to derail (that was Norfolk Southern cutting back on maintenance and security precautions because Trump rolled back Obama's regulations that required it), the media didn't tell DeWine to not seek Federal assistance, the media didn't reassure DeWine that burning toxic chemicals and releasing tons of carcinogens into the atmosphere was fine, and the media didn't tell Norfolk Southern to avoid the town hall because they might face criticism.

Don't blame the media for an accident that was foreseeable, preventable, and going to be one of the worst disasters this country will see (until it elects another Republican president so he can wreck what's left of this once-great nation).

by Anonymousreply 211February 18, 2023 5:29 PM

oh no

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212February 18, 2023 5:44 PM

I love Blaire White

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 18, 2023 6:06 PM

NTSB says the breaks law had no consequence to the wreck. It was a bad wheel bearing captured on video throwing off fire.

How many times was the false lead posted?

n a Feb. 14 press release, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the lead investigative agency into the Ohio train derailment, said investigators had examined the rail car that initiated the crash on Feb. 3.

“Surveillance video from a residence showed what appears to be a wheel bearing in the final stage of overheat failure moments before the derailment,” the NTSB said. The wheelset and overheated wheel bearing are currently being examined by NTSB engineers.

In an email, an NTSB spokesperson told VERIFY the train involved in the Ohio derailment was not equipped with ECP brakes. On Feb. 16, NTSB chair Jennifer Homendy addressed misinformation spreading about the derailment on Twitter.

Homendy directly acknowledged that the ECP brake rule would not have prevented the crash if implemented because the train that derailed in East Palestine was a mixed freight train that contained only three placarded Class 3 flammable liquids cars. Homendy said the ECP braking rule would have applied only to high-hazard flammable trains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214February 18, 2023 6:36 PM

We all know infrastructure wouldn't be an issue if Republicans had no power. It's so hilarious watching these fucking conservatives do everything to blame Dems for an environmental crisis or infrastructure breakdowns as they vote AGAINST those things and then go to their districts with the money Biden gave them and brag about fixing bridges.

by Anonymousreply 215February 18, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote] that contained only three placarded Class 3 flammable liquids cars...

Which completely sidesteps the other part of the Obama regulations that Trump overturned at the behest of big railroad: that cars that were clearly full of highly flammable and dangerous materials were not required to be so marked, limiting the markings to only a few clearly flammable/explosive contents... which excluded the carcinogen vinyl chloride that will among the chief contaminants that we, the taxpayers, will have to pay to mitigate for decades (because socialism in the form of that which benefits corporations is just fine, just don't you dare feed a starving brown baby on my dime!).

by Anonymousreply 216February 20, 2023 4:31 PM

What I do believe that Trump and Pete B not going to the toxic derailment site because "they didn't want our help" is a piss poor excuse, absolutely shameless from the President of the United States and his DOT Secretary. These are government officials at the top level. They don't ask, the don't wait for a hand delivered invitation, they JUST GO. They do what needs to be done.

by Anonymousreply 217February 20, 2023 9:11 PM

Biden couldn't be bothered to show his face in Ohio due to a "previous engagement." He just made an " unannounced, unscheduled trip to the Ukraine and promised another $460 Billion in US aid.

How many cases of bottles water dies $460 billion buy ?

by Anonymousreply 218February 20, 2023 9:27 PM

Ohio voted "wrong" Fuckem pony soldier.

by Anonymousreply 219February 20, 2023 9:32 PM

I live within a few miles of East Palestine and work within a couple blocks of where the train derailed. I have only been back to the town one time since the incident (because my boss insisted that I come into the office). There is a strange smell in the air, even where I live, and no one is drinking or cooking with the water. The smell has begun to fade -- or we're getting used to it -- but it's still obviously not normal. You know how your mouth, nose and tongue tingle after you've spent too much time around someone who smokes cigarettes? That's what it feels like all of the time for me, but the intensity comes and goes. It's worse now because I just got out of the shower. I am still waiting on the results from my well water test, but it could be a couple weeks until I get those back because the labs are backed up.

The soil underneath the new tracks is the soil that was there when the train derailed. Norfolk Southern did not remove it. Instead, they piled a bunch of slag on top of it and started running trains through 2 minutes after the evacuation was lifted. They have since removed the soil on either side of the tracks but have no intention of removing what's under the tracks.

Everyone is terrified of what toxins we are being exposed to, but no one can afford to leave. I can't count the times I've heard someone say something similar to, "I don't know what to do." We are living in a constant state of uncertainty.

I was hesitant to post any of this on The Datalounge because I don't want to become a spokesperson for all of the yahoos in this part of the world, but I do want you to know that there are a lot of really decent, generous, and kind people here. Some of us are even gay, liberal and college graduates. None of us deserve to suffer and die because of Norfolk Southern's malfeasance; not even the ones who are fat or Republican.

by Anonymousreply 220February 21, 2023 1:31 AM

TODAY...70 miles from East Palestine, a Bedford, Ohio

"More than a dozen people reported injured after an explosion and fire at a metal factory in Bedford, Ohio. The cause is under investigation."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 21, 2023 2:10 AM

Free enterprise, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 222February 21, 2023 2:12 AM

Ohio, that's your karma for electing JD Vance and other RWNJs.

by Anonymousreply 223February 21, 2023 2:13 AM

I saw that several MAGAts on my socials had posted vids of JD Vance "owning" Biden about something or other and encouraging their inbred brethren to "Make this video go viral!"

They either don't care Vance is actively working to kill them all through safety deregulation and/or destruction of the ACA/SS/Medicaid & Medicare or they are lost in some alternate dimension so they don't realize that as he's "owning" a total of zero people with his bleating.

by Anonymousreply 224February 21, 2023 2:19 AM

Not saying you deserve to be firebombed out of your home, but you can't demand government assistance at the same time you scream for smaller government.

Regulations are put in place to prevent these people from blowing you and your property up.

by Anonymousreply 225February 21, 2023 2:22 AM

R220, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Living in the minority is difficult and I always respect the people who are willing to stick it out and suffer along with the poor choices the Republican majorities make, whether DeWine basically telling Biden and Buttigieg to stay away or the folks in Texas who can't run a power grid when the temperature dips below 40 degrees or DeSantis punishing Orange and Osceola counties residents with a huge tax bill that's going to be dumped in their laps when Disney loses control of the Reedy Creek Improvement District. The good and decent people in your county voted overwhelmingly for Trump and as a result railroad safety regulations were rolled back leaving you — and everyone else, this won't be the last railroad accident tied to deregulation — vulnerable. If there's a silver lining to your sacrifice it's that we tend to fight the last war so trains should soon be required to maintain the brakes and label the cars' contents as hazardous to trigger special precautions.

by Anonymousreply 226February 21, 2023 2:28 AM

DeWine shouldn't have turned down federal aid. Big stupid move.

by Anonymousreply 227February 21, 2023 2:33 AM

r220 you may or may not believe in psychics but they are saying that they are covering up as much as they can and the ground has been poisoned and will be for years to come. I'm about 50 miles away so I know it is going to affect us too but not as bad as you. Make sure you fight for what's right there.

by Anonymousreply 228February 21, 2023 2:46 AM

[Quote]DeWine shouldn't have turned down federal aid. Big stupid move.

He and his friends at Norfolk Southern (his political donors) didn't want the Feds to see what a mess they made. It's harder to cover shit up and lie to people when the Federal government is involved.

by Anonymousreply 229February 21, 2023 6:12 AM

[quote] He and his friends at Norfolk Southern (his political donors) didn't want the Feds to see what a mess they made.

Are you really that dumb ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 21, 2023 6:57 AM

Seriously, where are we getting the money that's going to the Ukraine? Isn't there any control over how much is sent to a single country?

And what ever became of the investigation into Zelensky's "personal" foreign bank accounts? Any conclusions as to where it came from and how he managed to get his hands on that much money?

by Anonymousreply 231February 21, 2023 7:12 AM

r231 we have no idea how much money our govt. has. Someone in the know said the other day that the money we give to Ukraine is .02% of what we have so it isn't even a drop in the bucket. I am not sure why people concentrate on the money without realizing that if let Putin go he will invade everyone and we would be next. I think he thought he had the US by the balls when he had Trump but was shocked when he lost it. He is now trying to make up for it. He has goals but thankfully he will not live long enough to see them thru.

by Anonymousreply 232February 21, 2023 1:47 PM

[quote]Biden couldn't be bothered to show his face in Ohio due to a "previous engagement." He just made an " unannounced, unscheduled trip to the Ukraine and promised another $460 Billion in US aid.

Please. The trolls (troll?) on this thread is pathetic. You know what, troll, it was a small scale accident that, AT BEST, impacted 4,000. There’s no need for a president to visit.

by Anonymousreply 233February 21, 2023 1:58 PM

The EPA is stepping in to clean up the mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 21, 2023 7:08 PM

EPA administrator: 'Norfolk Southern will pay for cleaning up the mess they created'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 21, 2023 7:13 PM

Well, shit, R234! What can we blame Biden for not doing, next? How many months until Christmas is it? Has old Pedo Joe started up his war on it yet? I find heard Verna say he had, jus' the other day!

by Anonymousreply 236February 21, 2023 7:15 PM

[quote] I am not sure why people concentrate on the money

Money doesn’t grow on trees, hon. That percentage you quoted is unknown. The US is falling apart. Its infrastructure is a mess. It’s looking Third World.

by Anonymousreply 237February 21, 2023 7:17 PM

[quote] Seriously, where are we getting the money that's going to the Ukraine? Isn't there any control over how much is sent to a single country?

From taxes and that’s what Congress is for. They’re having the same debate in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 238February 21, 2023 7:18 PM

I'm bitter too, r236. Not just bitter but fuming mad. Conservatives want small government until a Wicked Witch drops a ton of TOXIC AND HAZARDOUS WASTE ON THEIR HOUSE and then, they turn around and demand the government fix it!

by Anonymousreply 239February 21, 2023 7:21 PM

All of your criticism of Biden, r231...why none for DeWine?

by Anonymousreply 240February 21, 2023 7:22 PM

Look, commie at R239! It ain't socialism if me or mine need it. We done worked for it! Not like THOSE people. We're the ones who done made America great! Us n our President Trump. If we need money it ain't an entitlement, it's OURS! If you commies don't like it you can go to Canada with soyboy Trudeau!

by Anonymousreply 241February 21, 2023 7:36 PM

The saintly humility of the man makes me love him even 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242February 21, 2023 9:03 PM

The money given to Ukraine is to prevent further aggression from Putin. Is Poland next if Ukraine falls? What are the consequences when Putin attacks a NATO country? WWIII?

by Anonymousreply 243February 21, 2023 9:08 PM

r239 Small government doesn't necessarily mean 'no government,' though. A toxic chemical spill is literally an EPA issue. The EPA, as you well know, is a federal government body.

by Anonymousreply 244February 21, 2023 9:19 PM

Wow, the trolling on this thread is so blatantly obvious that it amounts to a fail.

by Anonymousreply 245February 21, 2023 9:22 PM

Maga is worthless. Small government means minimal restrictions for private companies this resulted in this particular ecological disaster.

by Anonymousreply 246February 21, 2023 9:30 PM

MAGA IS WORTHLESS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 21, 2023 9:34 PM

A "small scale accident?" R233 ? Get frigging real.

Do you actually think that there is anyone in this entire world who can state at this moment in time what the impact will be and how many people will be effected in total numbers? Do you have friends in high scientific places that can assure you that number will remain at approximately 4,000 five years from now ten years from now? They probably haven't even begun to analyze the data. Cancer, Birth Defects, Learning Disabilities, Toxicity, Long Term & Fatal Illness, Poisoning, etc. Any of those jolt you back into reality?

And for you to accuse someone, anyone, of being a troll every time they don't agree with your viewpoint is narrow minded and ignorant. What DOES make you the authority?

I live 115 miles from this toxic cesspool. In my county and surrounding counties people have been donating cases of bottled water and trucking it to East Palestine every single day. Private businessmen and farmers are also stepping up at their own personal expense to do whatever they can to help. How long will it take the feds to do their part. And nobody is buying Biden and Bootyjudge's lame excuse for not being there. It was their duty, both of them, to get their butts their immediately.

Obviously, Biden made other plans........

by Anonymousreply 248February 21, 2023 9:42 PM

If only R241 were kidding. That's what those white trash assholes really think.

by Anonymousreply 249February 21, 2023 9:43 PM

Citizens should rerain from soaking/

by Anonymousreply 250February 21, 2023 9:49 PM

“Act of god!”

by Anonymousreply 251February 21, 2023 9:50 PM

"Citizens should refrain from soaking or bathing in a bathtub, but a quick shower should pose no danger."

We can assure you that the water should be safe to drink, but in the meantime you may want to drink bottles water as a precautionary measure."

by Anonymousreply 252February 21, 2023 9:55 PM

[quote] Fish and cows are now dying

oh, the oppression.

nobody cares when fraus die.

by Anonymousreply 253February 21, 2023 9:57 PM

Remember when Charlotte in the SATC movie got the runs from the shower water?

If the water isn't safe for drinking, it's not safe for bathing either.

by Anonymousreply 254February 21, 2023 9:57 PM

🤔 The humility of a man who admits he was wrong after being publicly caught up in a SNAFU is so NOT IMPRESSIVE.

by Anonymousreply 255February 21, 2023 10:00 PM

[quote]Do you actually think that there is anyone in this entire world who can state at this moment in time what the impact will be and how many people will be effected in total numbers?

Yes, it doesn’t impact much beyond the town. You trolls are trying to make it out to be another Bhopal.

[quote]Do you have friends in high scientific places that can assure you that number will remain at approximately 4,000 five years from now ten years from now?

Honey, even Love Canal only impacted 100s of people. You clearly don’t know how this works.

[quote]I live 115 miles from this toxic cesspool.

I live closer.

by Anonymousreply 256February 21, 2023 10:09 PM

Governor DeWine blew his opportunity to demonstrate leadership. He *is* the governor of the State of Ohio and he did decline federal assistance. Thankfully competent people are in charge now.

by Anonymousreply 257February 21, 2023 10:12 PM

Removing a few hundred brain cells from you won't make a difference in the quality of your life.

by Anonymousreply 258February 21, 2023 10:34 PM

Pete coming for Little Marco:

Secretary Pete Buttigieg @SecretaryPete The facts don't lie. The 2021 letter you signed was obviously drafted by railroad industry lobbyists.

It supports waivers that would reduce visual track inspections.

Now: will you vote to help us toughen rail safety accountability and fines, or not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 21, 2023 11:35 PM

^ Little Marco should stick to what he's good at--foam parties and blowing his donors.

by Anonymousreply 260February 21, 2023 11:56 PM

[quote]How long will it take the feds to do their part

Which part of Biden telling DeWine to merely tell him how much money to send and he'd do it did you miss? Which part of DeWine refusing to declare it a disaster (that's an official act a GOVERNOR has to take before the Federal government can step in, BY LAW) did you miss? Which part of FEMA and the EPA finally taking control of the situation despite DeWine's objections did you miss?

This is a weakness in our federalist system. The states and governors have all of the control in situations like this. Remember when the Democrats passed Obamacare and the Feds said they'd pay for Medicare and Medicaid expansion so that everyone could get health insurance and every fucking red state governor and legislature REFUSED to ACCEPT the money? Just as then, this is on GOVERNOR DeWine.

If a governor refuses to act, there is nothing that a president can do... but why do I think that if Biden, Buttigieg, the DOT or the EPA had simply stepped in and taken control to get the problem stopped, cleaned up and helped the community recover you'd be out there screaming about a hostile takeover, calling Biden a dictator and Buttigieg a fag?

Fuck off, troll.

by Anonymousreply 261February 22, 2023 4:10 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 262February 22, 2023 4:18 AM

Well said, R261. Very well said.

by Anonymousreply 263February 22, 2023 12:41 PM

Government Officials need to establish a chain of command and standardized protocols for disaster/toxic situations no matter where they occur in our nation.

Why is it that common sense seems to have been thrown out the door? Enough of the Democrats vs Republicans. Lawmakers are elected to serve ALL people, not just those who make the largest donations to their campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 264February 22, 2023 3:00 PM

Here's what it comes down to: NOTHING Biden does will ever get him credit from the pox on this country known as the right-wing. They're idiots who scream for liberals to be arrested for everything. They are more toxic than the spill itself. I fucking loathe them. They really just ignore the inaction, the culpability and lies from their own fucking party that caused this spill in the first place.

They are tantamount to a robber who breaks into your house, steals your stuff and then falls leaving your home and wants you arrested and sued for their pain and suffering.

by Anonymousreply 265February 22, 2023 3:06 PM

[quote]Enough of the Democrats vs Republicans

Since when have Democrats punished red states when they needed fed. help? It's the Republicans who pull this shit of wanting to PUNISH people in blue states. The covid situation sure as fuck highlighted that. And I'll also mention several GOP shitheads from shithole moocher states who voted against NY/NJ/CT getting Hurricane Sandy help. I'll also mention that pos hick turtle from that shithole KY telling NY to "go bankrupt" during covid. Imagine the nerve of coming from poor states and trying to deny blue states their own money when they needed. The absolute gall of Republicans who leech.

I want you to think about what the situation would be if some of these red states were the ones that actually had money and blue states were dependent on them. You think blue states would survive? Red states have no fucking money and are literally dependent on blue states for survival and they STILL have the nerve to vote and act like they AREN'T the leeches in this relationship

by Anonymousreply 266February 22, 2023 3:16 PM

R266, well said and 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 267February 22, 2023 3:22 PM

R266, you’re wasting your time. The person posting crap is a troll. It’s being intentionally combative. No amount of well reasoned posts will change its mind.

by Anonymousreply 268February 22, 2023 3:28 PM

We could wish they would all have two headed babies, but then we would end up paying for their retarded spawn instead of a cheap abortion. Let them rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 269February 22, 2023 3:40 PM

[quote]Government Officials need to establish a chain of command and standardized protocols for disaster/toxic situations no matter where they occur in our nation.

That's exactly what we already have as I outlined at R261. It goes back hundreds of years, and it's even written down. We call it "The Constitution".

[quote] Enough of the Democrats vs Republicans. Lawmakers are elected to serve ALL people

I object to this framing. It is never the Democrats who pull this shit. Look, I'd love it if Biden said the words "That county didn't vote for me so IDGAF," but he is the bigger man and would never commit such a despicable act. You know, like how Trump said IDGAF when Covid was exploding and his "administration" refused to reallocate ventilators to New York despite that it was NY that was suffering the majority of hospitalizations (until public pressure mounted to the point that it was coming to governors having to position state troopers at their airports to prevent Trump's goons from confiscating and stealing direly needed medical supplies).

This is not a "both sides do it" issue. It is only the Republicans who refuse to abide by the law and play games with their constituents' lives. And they do it for the most despicable reasons: politics.

by Anonymousreply 270February 22, 2023 3:59 PM

Here's what you all should know about the MAGAsphere: "Whatever Joe Biden (or any other Democrat, insert name) does it is WRONG! And he needs to be impeached or jailed or dead!"

Facts, logic, day to day consistency--none of it matters to them. They need somebody to hate, all day and every day. They are sick, twisted, damaged people. I hope another pandemic comes along and kills off more of them.

And their enablers in the reich wing media echo chamber KNOW better--as shown in these texts from the Fox/Dominion lawsuit. They are a bunch of self-destructive losers and suckers, but unfortunately they are pulling the rest of the country/world down with them.

by Anonymousreply 271February 22, 2023 4:24 PM

You gotta be a special level stupid to think Trump is going because he "cares."

by Anonymousreply 272February 22, 2023 4:35 PM

Josh Shapiro isn't playing around. PA is issuing a criminal referral. Some of the Nor-fuck Southern assholes need to go to jail over this.

BDE Josh! I really like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273February 22, 2023 5:49 PM

Go Shapiro! Go get those fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 274February 22, 2023 6:06 PM

Criminal charges for a CORPORATION? When we said DO SOMETHING about the train derailment, we meant to hang Mike Pence, or shove Pedo Joe into a fire pit, or show us more pictures of Hunter's huge, juicy penis not punish a CORPORATION!

HOW COULD YOU BE DO CRUEL, DEMONRATS?

by Anonymousreply 275February 22, 2023 6:13 PM

Oh God. This CNN town hall.

by Anonymousreply 276February 23, 2023 1:15 AM

I don't give a fuck what coastal city cunts have to say about how much Ohio deserves this (it's closer to Pennsylvania than a vast majority of Ohio, but I digress). No one deserves to suffer because neither administration did shit to hold NS accountable. Innocent lives and animals will be effected by this for decades to come, but I guess we shouldn't give a shit because it's an R state. Follow the fucking money and you'll see how little it pays for either party to hold NS accountable.

by Anonymousreply 277February 23, 2023 2:32 AM

The people in that shitty little town are just collateral damage to the company. The Norfolk Southern guy should just have the balls to say so instead of promising all kinds of shit to them

by Anonymousreply 278February 23, 2023 2:43 AM

This is really sad and scary.

by Anonymousreply 279February 23, 2023 3:04 AM

There Mile Island

Camp Lejuene

by Anonymousreply 280February 23, 2023 3:13 AM

Centralia, PA

by Anonymousreply 281February 23, 2023 3:14 AM

[quote]No one deserves to suffer because neither administration did shit to hold NS accountable.

Again with the both sides bullshit. It was Trump that overturned the Obama-era regulations that were put in place to prevent this exact disaster — at the behest of railroad executives who bemoaned "burdensome regulation" like having to label container cars as hazardous materials (which triggered additional safety measures which, as we have clearly seen, were desperately needed and warranted) and maintaining the brakes on these cars. They even knew the brakes were failing and did nothing [italic]because it would have cost a few bucks[/italic] and cut into those almighty profit margins.

And before you say that Biden could have re-enacted those rules, the environment has completely changed from when Obama put them in place and Trump removed them. We've been and are still going through a major realignment in the supply chain in which railroads play a major role. And it's not like Biden hasn't been busy doing other things, like cleaning up the Covid catastrophe Trump bequeathed him, saving the worldwide economy from sliding into a depression, and managing the largest ground war on Europe's doorstep since the end of WWII.

This is on Trump, the Republicans, and the railroad executives who paid them all off.

by Anonymousreply 282February 23, 2023 4:24 AM

Thank you, r282.

by Anonymousreply 283February 23, 2023 4:33 AM

The governor is a troll who pretended to drink tap water in an embarrassing shameless spectacle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284February 23, 2023 4:41 AM

Sounds to me like this might possibly be the train crew's fault, at least partially. Someone on Anderson Cooper just said that the train passed over three hot box detectors, one of which was located after the train was filmed on fire. The detector should have notified the crew that something was wrong.

That's not saying that deregulation didn't also play a huge role in this.

by Anonymousreply 285February 23, 2023 4:49 AM

R277, I don't give a fuck what magats think. The emotionally retarded, intellectually occluded Ohio nitwits who consistently vote against their own interests deserve whatever they get.

Oh, and "No one deserves to suffer because neither administration did shit to hold NS accountable."

How conveniently you forget that Diaper Don rescinded Obama's rule about safety brakes, and that that fat tub of lard Dewine turned down Joe's offer of federal help. But yeah, "neither administration" did shit to hold NS accountable. Fuck you and your immediate family, shitbag, your mango Mussolini is responsible for this environmental disaster, as is the company who benefited from his policy change.

The

by Anonymousreply 286February 23, 2023 4:59 AM

[quote] It was Trump that overturned the Obama-era regulations that were put in place to prevent 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟

NTSB calls out Pete.

National Transportation Safety Board says the two matters are unrelated. The train had a bad wheel bearing, not bad breaks.

The NTSB noted that "investigators have identified and examined the rail car that initiated the derailment" and said that CCTV footage "showed what appears to be a wheel bearing in the final stage of overheat failure moments before the derailment."

When asked to comment, a Department for Transportation spokesperson said: "The residents of East Palestine deserve accurate information and i𝑡'𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑎 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑣𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑔𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛."

"The Secretary's earlier statement clarifies a question some people have had about a rule that was rescinded under the Trump administration, which, importantly, would not have applied to the train in question," they added. "DOT had investigators on the ground within hours after the crash and continues to support the NTSB."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 23, 2023 5:04 AM

^From "News Weak".com, the right wing rag. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 288February 23, 2023 5:21 AM

I love how Trump shits on Ohio's face...and they applaud.

by Anonymousreply 289February 23, 2023 5:23 AM

But both sides do it R277!

by Anonymousreply 290February 23, 2023 5:40 AM

From that laughable Newsweek article. How the fuck is this journalism?

[quote]Asked by presenter Sara Carter on Fox News about the claim Trump was partially to blame for the derailment, one East Palestine resident commented: "That's ridiculous. How can you blame Trump for what's happening here? It's nobody's fault but Norfolk Southern."

Well, if a resident says so, then it must be true! A fucking "resident" who's probably a MAGAt is relevant source? Newsweek is absolute garbage.

by Anonymousreply 291February 23, 2023 6:38 AM

^ Isn't Newsweek owned by the Breitbart crew? They turned it into a dumpster fire full of lies.

by Anonymousreply 292February 23, 2023 6:57 AM

Wake up, voting Cons: Deregulation has consequences! As in environmental catastrophes and terrible working conditions if you are an everyday American citizen. If you are not a CEO or an actual shareholder, you will not benefit from deregulation. Stop believing the lies the GOP party feeds you about corporate deregulation. Don't continue to be a stooge for these people!

by Anonymousreply 293February 23, 2023 10:53 AM

Throwback to Calmer Days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294February 23, 2023 11:32 AM

400 derailments, including some with INJURIRS AND DEATH, with NO RESPONSE from the MAGAt's orange Jesus' Transportation Secretary? But, how could this be????

"Today US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was in East Palestine, Ohio examining the damage from the recent train derailment.

As Republicans keep attacking Biden, please remember that there were over 4000 train derailments during Trump's presidency, including some with deaths and injuries, and not once did Trump or his Transportation Secretary go to these accidents and check out the aftermath."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295February 23, 2023 3:03 PM

𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 Pete shows his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296February 23, 2023 3:23 PM

"As Trump boards what he calls "Trump Force One" heading to East Palestine, Ohio where he plans to attack Biden for giving Ohio every single thing they've asked for, let's recall how Trump handled Natural Disasters as President.

1) When California had their worst wildfires in decades, Trump first refused FEMA aid, instead telling California to rake the dead leaves from their forests. 103 people died and 24,226 structures were damaged or destroyed. Compare that to the 0 deaths and 0 property damage in Ohio.

2) When Puerto Rico was hit by Hurricane Maria, Trump blocked $20 billion in hurricane relief, blocked FEMA, mocked the dead, and threw paper towels at the needy. It ended up being one of the deadliest U.S. disasters in over 100 years. 2,975 people lost their lives, and over $90 billion in damages occurred. Not only did Trump claim that this many people didn't really die, but he then obstructed an investigation into why he blocked the aid. Compare this to Biden sending the EPA and CDC to Ohio almost instantly, and telling their governor that they can have whatever he wants.

So dear Republicans, please save your fake outrage. Thank you, Reality"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 23, 2023 3:26 PM

For the 'Pete ruined everything' trolls on here, you need to be reminded that these safety rules were rescinded by Trump's Transportation Secretary, Elaine Chao, who is MITCH MCCONNELL'S WIFE. Republicans are the cause of every problem, and Democrats have to come in and clean up the mess. That's ALWAYS been the pattern in my lifetime and I'm a 51 years old.

by Anonymousreply 298February 23, 2023 3:51 PM

The whole “BIDEN HASN’T VISITED” is a MAGAt / Republican driven talking point. There’s plenty of industrial accidents, some far larger and worse than this, that have never received a presidential visit. Not that long ago a mine accident released a toxic slurry that made its way down the Colorado River and into Lake Powell…and nothing. The world would be far better off without republicans and their performative antics.

by Anonymousreply 299February 23, 2023 3:58 PM

What scares me is how close the 2020 Presidential election was.

And if it's another Biden vs Trump in 2024, Democrats can't sit back and just assume that Biden will easily take the win. Trump, for reasons we sometimes cannot even begin to comprehend, really wields a lot of power, and his loyal following just seems to grow. It's sheer madness.

We can't take anything for granted where Trump is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 300February 23, 2023 4:09 PM

R298 is absolutely correct. Especially with spending. Republicans steal all the money and Democrats come in and have to clean it up. Every time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301February 23, 2023 4:43 PM

Mika, haven't you and your fellow adulterer done enough damage to this country with your swooning over Trump and enabling that pile of shit?

by Anonymousreply 302February 23, 2023 4:54 PM

[quote]The whole “BIDEN HASN’T VISITED” is a MAGAt / Republican driven talking point.

No, it is a perfectly valid observation and complaint.

by Anonymousreply 303February 23, 2023 4:59 PM

Eez purfektly Vlad obsewvation an komlaint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 23, 2023 5:02 PM

Love you, r304.

by Anonymousreply 305February 23, 2023 5:06 PM

I don't understand why Dems always wait so fucking long to say this and I don't understand why they allow Reps to further pollute the air with their lies in the aftermath. Dems need to immediately respond. There is no winning in being nice to those right-wing parasites:

NEW: White House says Republicans, Trump officials 'owe East Palestine an apology' for rail safety rollbacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306February 23, 2023 5:14 PM

A small part of it is that Democrats don't want knee jerk responses. They have always been more measured and thoughtful, as opposed to Republicans who have a hair trigger and have consistently made uninformed statements or just plain lies to suit their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 307February 23, 2023 5:22 PM

Times have changed, and people don't interpret a slow response as "measured and thoughtful." They tend to see it as a snub by someone who doesn't give a damn because it doesn't effect their quality of life. Even people who don't live in close proximity might see it this way.

by Anonymousreply 308February 23, 2023 5:30 PM

DeWine made his own toxic bed,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 23, 2023 5:36 PM

Please, it has nothing to do with measured or not…democrats have always sucked at messaging. I was hoping that some of the younger democrats would breathe some life into how they approach republican attacks…but nope. It’s really the one area they need to work on. About the only democrat that’s any good at it is James Carville.

by Anonymousreply 310February 23, 2023 5:39 PM

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 311February 23, 2023 5:39 PM

[quote]About the only democrat that’s any good at it is James Carville.

I loved when he just outright called MTG "white trash" after the heckling nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 312February 23, 2023 5:47 PM

“I tell people I have the equivalent of a Ph.D. in white trashology, and you saw real white trash on display. And let me say something about Marjorie Taylor Greene. She dresses like white trash.”

- James Carville

by Anonymousreply 313February 23, 2023 5:48 PM

R304 = 14 years old.

by Anonymousreply 314February 23, 2023 5:49 PM

R314 = sad tired troll.

by Anonymousreply 315February 23, 2023 5:51 PM

"As republicans try to attack "Mayor Pete" and his Press Secretary in East Palestine, Ohio today, I've been looking up the Train regulations and Rules that Trump scrapped as president. Here they are:

- Trump gave the "ok" for Liquid Natural Gas to be transported by rail despite explosion risks - Trump eliminated the requirement for two-person train crews on most freight trains. - Trump delayed the implementation of a regulation requiring train operators be screened for sleep apnea. - Trump repealed a regulation requiring trains carrying highly flammable liquids to have electronically controlled pneumatic brakes. - Trump cancelled a proposed rule that would have required railroads conduct more frequent inspections of tracks used by high-speed passenger trains.

Don't pretend to actually care about all of the train wrecks recently if you can't come to the realization that Trump is at least partially to blame for many of them."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316February 23, 2023 7:16 PM

For R315 a troll is anyone he disagrees with. If you've got no argument that's what you do, call people "trolls".

[quote]Don't pretend to actually care about all of the train wrecks recently if you can't come to the realization that Trump is at least partially to blame for many of them.

Trump deserves blame.

So now that we've got that out of the way, Mayor Pete deserves blame for not visiting the town sooner.

( And BTW, just in case you haven't noticed: Trump is no longer President)

by Anonymousreply 317February 23, 2023 7:54 PM

I'm not r315, r317, but I agree, you're trolling.

by Anonymousreply 318February 23, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote] A small part of it is that Democrats don't want knee jerk responses.

Yeah right. Trumptrumptrumptrump

by Anonymousreply 319February 23, 2023 8:09 PM

Chump will be indicted within two weeks. Fani Willis has his (tiny) dick in a wringer.

by Anonymousreply 320February 23, 2023 8:55 PM

Of course you do R318.

Notice that even Pete himself is finally in agreement:

"Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg acknowledged Tuesday that he "could have spoken sooner" about the disastrous Norfolk Southern train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, that has caused serious health and environmental concerns because of the hazardous chemicals it was transporting."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321February 23, 2023 9:11 PM

This train wreck is just another reminder of how Trump and all of his minions (Betsy DeVos, Louis DeJoy, Elaine Chao, all of the Aholes at Homeland Security, et al) took a wrecking ball to a lot of government regulations that were put there for good reason. It'll still take a long time to correct these problems and right the ship. I hope people keep that in mind when they go to vote, Biden needs a second term and he needs greater Democratic majorities.

by Anonymousreply 322February 23, 2023 9:18 PM

“Doctors say I definitely have the chemicals in me but there’s no one in town who can run the toxicological tests to find out which ones they are,” Lovett, 40, an auto detailer, said in an extremely high-pitched voice. “My voice sounds like Mickey Mouse. My normal voice is low. It’s hard to breathe, especially at night. My chest hurts so much at night I feel like I’m drowning. I cough up phlegm a lot. I lost my job because the doctor won’t release me to go to work.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323February 25, 2023 6:19 PM

“Doctors say I definitely have the chemicals in me but there’s no one in town who can run the toxicological tests to find out which ones they are,” Lovett, 40, an auto detailer, said in an extremely high-pitched voice. “My voice sounds like Mickey Mouse. My normal voice is low. It’s hard to breathe, especially at night. My chest hurts so much at night I feel like I’m drowning. I cough up phlegm a lot. I lost my job because the doctor won’t release me to go to work.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324February 25, 2023 6:20 PM

Wait, is this explosion making them cucks?

by Anonymousreply 325February 25, 2023 6:24 PM

Locals are frustrated and furious over what they say has been a lack of real information and help from both local officials and the Biden Administration. Last week, East Palestine Mayor Trent Conaway ripped President Biden for heading to Ukraine for a surprise visit instead of the scene of the toxic train derailment, calling it “the biggest slap in the face.”

by Anonymousreply 326February 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Wearing gang colors and demanding President Bidens help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327February 25, 2023 6:52 PM

Something tells me that most of the people in the video at R324 are full of it. The first guy is a Trump voter, but at least he admitted that Trump's visit was a circus.

by Anonymousreply 328February 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Listening to NPR at work, water used to douse fires in East Palestine is being treated in Texas.

We are in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 329February 25, 2023 8:05 PM

DeWine refused federal assistance, that is a fact. It can't be changed or disputed.

by Anonymousreply 330February 25, 2023 10:47 PM

These people are having trouble breathing and rashes all over their body after taking a shower. The whole area and water is clearly contaminated. Why the fuck are they staying? Pack up your shit and leave immediately. I would have left that hellhole right after the explosion. Find a lawyer and sue these assholes from your NEW home.

Am I overreacting? No. Everyone would immediately leave after a nuclear disaster, but somehow they think tons of cancerous vinyl chloride will magically disappear in a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 331February 26, 2023 11:31 AM

EPA puts brakes on shipping of toxic Ohio train derailment waste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332February 26, 2023 11:43 AM

[quote]Why the fuck are they staying? Pack up your shit and leave immediately. I would have left that hellhole right after the explosion. Find a lawyer and sue these assholes from your NEW home.

Where do you think they're going to get the money to fund a NEW home? Most Americans can't come up with $400 in an emergency. That'll get you 3 nights in a hotel in nowheresville, Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 333February 26, 2023 11:48 AM

"Furious at Biden", who has done nothing to help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334February 26, 2023 11:50 AM

"Lets Go Brandon".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335February 26, 2023 11:54 AM

People who excel at "messaging" - at telling people what they want to hear and making them feel better - tend to use that skill to sell snake oil and make bank. See: pastors and Republican politicians.

by Anonymousreply 336February 26, 2023 11:59 AM

Maga doesn't do facts. The fact is deregulation of the railroad industry is responsible for this environmental catastrophe. Deregulation under their tribal leaders.

by Anonymousreply 337February 26, 2023 12:03 PM

Trains companies has pushed deregulation for years, heavily funding the GOP, which a happily played along.

And now this accident is somehow Biden and Pete’s fault?

Bull Shit

by Anonymousreply 338February 26, 2023 12:04 PM

Not really a joke, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339February 26, 2023 1:45 PM

Biden has offered them "anything" they need; he was told he DeWine that federal aid wasn't warranted. There is video of DeWine admitting that he turned down all offers of aud from Biden. VIDEO.

It took the internet and Erin Brockovich shaming DeWine into saying: "Ok, you whiners win. We need help, gdamnit." Now, the Federal government will do what it's able to, to help. It sounds like it will be trying to put toothpaste back into the tube but that is because of DEREGULATION, which Republicans ❤️ love 💕 to shove on us without thoughts of consequences. Their politicians take money from companies that directly cause these catastrophes (see, also: the extensive list of donations from Norfolk Southern to DeWine).

No amount of shitty Post links changes reality. No amount of shoddy articles will change that deregulation poisons our air and water, and causes accidents like this. You want someone to blame? Are you disgusted and angry this happened, and hope it never happens again? Stop voting for people who are pro-deregulation.

It won't get safer or cleaner. Ever, ever.

by Anonymousreply 340February 26, 2023 4:04 PM

You have to love how this became a political issue and fuck Murie! for redlining OP.

by Anonymousreply 341February 26, 2023 4:25 PM

The water is too toxic to transport out of the infected area. Think about THAT.

by Anonymousreply 342February 26, 2023 4:27 PM

I like how the liberals immediately made this out to be republican propaganda and conspiracy theories.

This is the one that will bite them in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 343February 26, 2023 4:33 PM

You aren't making much sense but that is typical of magat scum.

by Anonymousreply 344February 26, 2023 4:37 PM

[Quote] The water is too toxic to transport out of the infected area. Think about THAT.

Perhaps they should have thought of it before they fought any regulations.

These are the same people demanding that pipelines be built and promising that none will leak.

by Anonymousreply 345February 26, 2023 6:35 PM

[Quote] I like how the liberals immediately made this out to be republican propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Um, have you watched Fox. This IS GOP propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Yes, it’s a disaster. No it’s not Biden and Pete’s fault

by Anonymousreply 346February 26, 2023 6:36 PM

[quote]I like how the liberals immediately made this out to be republican propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Is everything in the warped world of a fucking MAGAt just the complete opposite of reality? Like Trump being a good Christian. Like January 6th being a "tourist visit." Like claiming to believe in small govt as you literally try and control bodies, books, education, marriage, etc? Like screaming about voter fraud when most of the assholes caught committing it are MAGAts.

Fuck off,

This shit is on Republican swine who want to absolve corporations of every fucking thing they do. They want to privatize profits and socialize their incompetence which leads to shit like this. And the worst of all: Those fucking low income white trash MAGAts vote for it and then have the nerve to blame Dems who WANT to regulate this shit so it doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 347February 26, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote] Is everything in the warped world of a fucking MAGAt just the complete opposite of reality?

Yes

by Anonymousreply 348February 26, 2023 8:55 PM

What happened to the small government republicans? Remember when Bush refused federal aid to Graniteville after a train collision caused a toxic chlorine leak that killed 10 people and contaminated the the town? Remember how nobody whined about it either because it was understood that it was a state issue? Yeah, republicans have short memories.

by Anonymousreply 349February 26, 2023 9:13 PM

R331 lives in a bubble of entitlement.

But, the Repugs all promised for over half a century that business would regulate itself. You mean that didn't work?? I'm shocked.

by Anonymousreply 350February 26, 2023 9:13 PM

During the J6 hearings, Congressman Bennie Thompson carefully explained what government exist for and why American democracy is particularly important for our form of government. The two examples he offered were, enforcement of civil rights and providing states with support for circumstances like these.

by Anonymousreply 351February 26, 2023 9:20 PM

[quote]states with support for circumstances like these.

The job of the federal government is to write legislation (in this case to ensure rail safety), oversee NSX cleanup (through the EPA) and use the full arm of the DOJ should NSX fail in its responsibilities. Aid to residents should be coming from the state. That’s what, in part, state states are all about.

Federal aid to residents should only be given when a disaster is large scale such that recovery would overwhelm the State. East Palestine doesn’t qualify. This is a state thing and Biden and Pete shouldn’t be jumping through hoops at what traditionally had been a state thing.

by Anonymousreply 352February 26, 2023 9:27 PM

That’s what, in part, state TAXES are all about.

by Anonymousreply 353February 26, 2023 9:29 PM

How many Superfund sites are there in the US? Always the same ole story--private companies pollute and tear up the environment, then go bankrupt and leave a big mess. The federal government has to come in and clean it all up (subsidized, of course by us taxpayers). The same government that Republicans are always screaming needs to be abolished. They are so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 354February 26, 2023 9:49 PM

That asshole Reagan started this shit with the vilification of government.

by Anonymousreply 355February 26, 2023 9:58 PM

When you light your cigarette in front of the wrong building… 💥

by Anonymousreply 356February 26, 2023 10:00 PM

The railroads are incredibly powerful in North America. Probably the most powerful industry around.

by Anonymousreply 357February 26, 2023 10:03 PM

Poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC), the main end-product of vinyl chloride, is used extensively in sewage pipes due to its low cost, chemical resistance, and ease of jointing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 26, 2023 10:13 PM

This is how every MAGAt needs to be treated:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359February 26, 2023 10:40 PM

[Quote] How many Superfund sites are there in the US? Always the same ole story--private companies pollute and tear up the environment, then go bankrupt and leave a big mess. The federal government has to come in and clean it all up (subsidized, of course by us taxpayers). The same government that Republicans are always screaming needs to be abolished. They are so full of shit.

Over 1300 superfund sites

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360February 27, 2023 12:10 AM

[quote]That’s what, in part, state TAXES are all about.

Red states don't like to pay state taxes. They have the lowest tax rates and then suck off the federal teat that is fully funded by the blue states. Blue states need to stop this bullshit. They can go fuck themelves if they don't want to pay taxes while simultaneously railing against the blue states and the federal government who continuously bail their asses out.

by Anonymousreply 361February 27, 2023 12:15 AM

R361, it irks me to no end that those red state morons who scream about "socialism" aren't called out for it. I mean there is nothing more fucking laughable than a state like KY which is in the top five for leeching, having one senator who told NY to go bankrupt during Covid and the other senator being a "libertarian." A libertarian representing one of the biggest mooching states, that's like being a DEA agent who lives in a crackhouse.

by Anonymousreply 362February 27, 2023 12:25 AM

Last October in Sandusky, a Norfolk Southern train derailed 21 cars and spilled 10,000 gallons of paraffin wax.

In 2020, a Norfolk Southern conductor tried to pull out of a Rossville, Tennessee train yard while one car was still connected to an unloading tower.

The accident released about 500 gallons of maelic anhydride — an irritant for the eyes and respiratory tract that’s useful in making resins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363February 27, 2023 11:50 PM

In 2018, Norfolk Southern had an accident in Loudonville, Ohio. Sixteen cars came off the tracks.

One car spilled more than 30,000 gallons of liquified petroleum gas. The other, according to the accident report, “released 200 pounds of environmentally hazardous substances, solid.”

That last accident happened in February — five years to the day, in fact, before the Norfolk Southern derailment in East Palestine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364February 28, 2023 12:00 AM

We don't need no fucking federal help!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365February 28, 2023 12:42 AM

Pathetic that a number of GOP congressman wrote a public letter to Pete B demanding to know what the NTSB has done about investigating this crash.

Pete had to point out to them that the NTSB is not a part of the Dept of Transportation

by Anonymousreply 366February 28, 2023 1:50 AM

PVC pipe is regularly used for drinking water, not just for sewage.

by Anonymousreply 367February 28, 2023 1:58 AM

You're embarrassing r359 and so is that fool you posted.

by Anonymousreply 368February 28, 2023 2:08 AM

This you, shithead/R368?:

[quote]BREAKING - Democrats Keep Control of The Senate: Of course they did. They have had several days now to manufacture "extra" votes. Note this is a problem where drop boxes and mail in ballots are freely available. Nothing was "fumbled" r49. Just more fraud. Dems can't "win" without it.

I'll show you embarrassing. Look at this moron who spoke of a "red wave" back when:

[quote]Midterm Elections Thread: official, discuss midterm elections: Red wave coming in 3...2...1....

Tell us about the red wave, MAGAt. Ignoring that the Dems would be in control of the house if not for NY fumbling the gerrymandering.

by Anonymousreply 369February 28, 2023 3:12 AM

Train derailment = turd world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370March 1, 2023 6:58 AM

Republicans say a toxic chemical disaster is no reason to tighten safety regulations on trains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 1, 2023 5:49 PM

R369 is still too stupid to understand all the fraud. Of course you are.

by Anonymousreply 372March 1, 2023 6:50 PM

"all the fraud"

Yeah, we always hear about it on sm and on all of the garbage networks dogshits like you watch...yet never in the courtrooms. Nothing presented there. By all means, keep ignoring the disbarments coming for Trump lawyers and the literal text exchanges between FOX personalities knowing full-well there was no fraud. The only fraud committed was by your STD-ridden grandma in The Villages.

You troll turd.

by Anonymousreply 373March 1, 2023 7:05 PM

R326, fuck East Palestine Mayor Trent Conaway, and fuck all the sister-fuckin', mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging trump fans in Ohio. You wanted deregulation, deal with consequences, you pathetic trash.

by Anonymousreply 374March 1, 2023 7:18 PM

The Greek transportation minister has resigned because of the train derailment that killed dozens.

Forget about Americans showing the same accountability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 1, 2023 7:45 PM

Thank God Donald brought a half dozen bottles of water with his name on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 1, 2023 7:50 PM

[quote]Republicans say a toxic chemical disaster is no reason to tighten safety regulations on trains.

Well WE don’t live there.

by Anonymousreply 377March 1, 2023 7:54 PM

came in wondering when DL got on board with AEW pro-wrestling. nvm!!!

(Cincinnati you need better performing artists and celebrities)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 2, 2023 4:38 PM

Ohio residents ordered to stay inside as another train derails

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 5, 2023 4:42 AM

They cheered Trump when he showed up, so let them all DIE.

by Anonymousreply 380March 5, 2023 4:58 AM

Pazuzu speaks! 😂

by Anonymousreply 381March 5, 2023 5:01 AM

God hates Ohioans.

by Anonymousreply 382March 5, 2023 5:04 AM

Killary and that evil socialist Joe Biden caused this. And that nasty queer Pete Buttplug and his tranny wife too. I just pray that my President Donald Trump, the only real and true President, will visit Ohio and call out the lying Deep State that caused these train wrecks.

by Anonymousreply 383March 5, 2023 5:32 AM

Four weeks later and no one is talking about this anymore. Enjoy your toxic wasteland and future cancer, Trump lovers, since voting for a Democrat who will provide health care and make sure these companies follow safety regulations is still not an option for you guys.

by Anonymousreply 384March 5, 2023 9:15 AM

Death by train statistics are going to be all out of wack now.

by Anonymousreply 385March 5, 2023 9:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!