Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Used to like 'em, but no more

Viola Davis

Jamie Lee Curtis

Adele

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 69February 11, 2023 12:56 AM

Not playing by the rules. Didn’t like but now I do: Pam Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2023 11:58 PM

liked one performance only: Matthew McConaughey in that one he won the Oscar - didn't like before or since

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2023 12:01 AM

R1 Pammy was always so sweet, though. What could you possibly have held against her? All that was objectionable about her as far as I can see was her awful taste in men and her unfortunate cosmetics.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2023 12:02 AM

JK Rowling. Used to like her, now can't stand the sight of her.

R2, I liked McBongo in the Oscar-winner you reference and in that True Detective miniseries on HBO (or whatever channel).

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2023 12:10 AM

Viola Davis.

But to be fair, I never liked her.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2023 12:12 AM

I love all three of them: Viola Davism Jamie Lee Curtis, and Adele.

Can't even imagine why you don't like these amazing women anymore.

Agree with the above poster though... used to like JK Rowling. But now I fucking LOATHE her.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2023 12:14 AM

I was a huge Tori Amos fan, I saw her live in 2005, but everything she's done for the past 15 years or so has been disappointing. She sings differently now, often with tortured phrasing. She had a brilliant run in the 90s but it couldn't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2023 12:15 AM

ADORE JK Rowling, and I've never read a single page of Harry Potter. I love that she has millions of "fuck you" money and keeps raking it in, ever after the squeals of the trans mob demand her cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2023 12:17 AM

I love JK more than ever before.

For reasons that are well known to her and R8.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2023 12:18 AM

Jamie Lee Curtis has been VERY disappointing. Which is dumb, because of course I never actually knew her. But I certainly had an idea of her in my head that's pretty much the polar opposite of what she's shown herself to be over the past year or two.

Going much further back, I liked Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp, and Madonna in their heyday. Can't stand them now.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2023 12:19 AM

I hate Adele now. If she got fat again, I’d still hate her.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2023 12:19 AM

Madonna

Dionne Warwick

Tom Brady

Arron Rodgers

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2023 12:21 AM

Definitely on board with the Adele-hate. Ugh. She's insufferable, fat or less-fat.

And the no more love for Mel Gibson. The Year of Living Dangerously was a long time. Now he's an anti-Semite, cop-harassing, girlfriend abusing, religious fanatic, weirdo drunk.

Mike Meyers. Once upon a time he was an amusing comedic actor but now he's a viciously bitter closet-queen.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2023 12:35 AM

Cynthia Nixon

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2023 12:36 AM

Cate Blanchett Salma Hayek Chris Rock Prince William Kim Cattral

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2023 12:37 AM

That fat cunt Sam Smith

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2023 12:37 AM

Lizzo

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2023 12:39 AM

r8 You're missing out - the books are extremely well-written and are compelling, completely fun reads.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2023 12:39 AM

Jennifer Coolidge

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2023 12:41 AM

Michael Stipe

Eddie Izzard

Roseanne

Margaret Cho

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2023 12:42 AM

Viola Davis.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2023 12:42 AM

Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman -- well, they're just too damn overexposed - you know, "her again" - don't really hate them

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2023 12:43 AM

Roseanne!!!

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2023 12:44 AM

Another vote for Viola Davis.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2023 12:44 AM

Timothee Chalamet - but I admit I never liked him.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2023 12:44 AM

Tina Fey

Smug, insufferable, and overrated.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2023 12:45 AM

Jennifer Lawrence

Reese Witherspoon

Leonardo DiCaprio

Adam Driver

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2023 12:45 AM

Cynthia Nixon and Susan Sarandon. Both of them are fine actors, but they both became overpoliticized in annoying ways when neither has the background or the credentials to justify their intrusion into politics.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2023 12:46 AM

Roger Waters...I suppose he was always a cunt, but I never realized just how much of a cunt he is until recently.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2023 12:53 AM

Welsh rock singer Kelly Jones allowed his lesbian (and probably autistic, by the sounds) teen daughter to trans, which makes me think he’s covertly homophobic as well as a hands-off neglectful parent, so he’s utterly sunk in my estimation.

It’s a pity, we Welsh don’t have enough goodlooking famous rockers as it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2023 12:54 AM

I'm with you, R8. We live in some really mind-bending times.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2023 1:10 AM

Jon ‘Moxley’ Good, pro-wrestler.

It’s just...tiring to root for him, now. Everyone wants him to grow up and get better, and he just can’t. Or won’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2023 1:14 AM

R28: Ditto for Jessica Chastain.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2023 12:35 PM

Gay British soap actor Kieron Richardson. Was a big fan and supporter until recent years, when he’s basically said his bi character isn’t, and he’s starting using the ‘q’ slur all over. It’s not a good look.

A pity, really, because he otherwise seems a nice, well-intentioned and level-headed person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2023 12:50 PM

OPs

They get worse and worse every single fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2023 12:52 PM

I quite like Witherspoon for producing her own stuff (with help) instead of moaning about the lack of good roles.

Agree that Adele has become annoying, becoming a SM poser and that tour nonsense.

Viola unfortunately. I know it's a joke on here but the more successful she deservedly became, the more resentful and entitled she comes across, without any humour.

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2023 1:05 PM

Chevy Chase. A lot of fun on SNL and not bad in Foul Play. Then he cratered.

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2023 1:11 PM

Same for Eddie Murphy. Great on SNL and Trading Places then unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2023 1:12 PM

Winslet, she seemed great & down to earth but did a shameless Oscar campaign and won for her worst performance. Then years later walked back on working with Woody and Polanski to please the sjw mob, caught onto the metoo movement, blaming Weinstein for her Oscar campaign (I wanted no part of it!). Basically showing herself to be a turncoat who goes whichever way the wind blows

Now I kinda like her again as she's back to doing some quality work and keeping her head down

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2023 1:36 PM

Although I never liked them per se, all the actors who started saying they were sorry for working with Woody Allen, including that dopey Chalamet who donated his fee to metoo. Such virtue signalling, everybody knew the allegations against Woody and the fact they were never proven long before they agreed to work for him, then threw him to the wolves when the winds turned. Spinless toads

by Anonymousreply 40February 10, 2023 1:39 PM

Expecting spoiled A-list actors to have human integrity is really bizarrr. They already threw away any scruples to get where they did.

by Anonymousreply 41February 10, 2023 1:41 PM

Sam Smith

Gwen Stefani

by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2023 1:50 PM

Morrissey

Glenn Greenwald

Susan Olsen

by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2023 1:51 PM

I used to like Tobey Maguire, only because I liked him in Ride with the Devil, that Ang Lee directed. I still like that movie a lot, and was disappointed that Maguire turned out to be a misogynistic bastard.

by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2023 2:00 PM

When Jamie Lee Curtis started shoving that Alok thing down our throats on Instagram, that was the beginning of the end for me. Then her campaigning hardcore for that POS movie she was in and then saying how humbled she is by her nomination and that "surprise" reaction the morning of the announcement she has just become insufferable. Can't wait for Oscar season to be over and being reduced to horror convention appearances.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2023 2:19 PM

Josh

R11FAT

Kirker

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2023 2:24 PM

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

For reasons that are well documented.

by Anonymousreply 47February 10, 2023 2:33 PM

Amy Poehler and Matthew Perry, solely based on what tone-deaf douchenozzles they revealed themselves to be in their autobiographies.

by Anonymousreply 48February 10, 2023 3:26 PM

Kennedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 10, 2023 3:38 PM

R40: First of all his family connections got him the job. Watch the movie and you'll see how shitty his performance is. He's lucky the film wasn't widely distributed and seen. He basically ignored the controversy and all the allegations initially and donated his salary after his agent and PR people told him to. It certainly wasn't out of the goodness of his heart. He just wanted to increase his slim Oscar chances that year.

by Anonymousreply 50February 10, 2023 3:53 PM

Why is Amy Phoeler hated?R48

by Anonymousreply 51February 10, 2023 4:00 PM

Kyle Richards

I liked a lot of the acting work she did as a child, but now when I see her movies, I can't help but think of her making an ass of herself on Real Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 52February 10, 2023 9:57 PM

Amy Poehler seems adorable. She got a great big welcome when she appeared as Leslie Knope again on a recent SNL.

by Anonymousreply 53February 10, 2023 10:08 PM

This doesn’t exactly count, as I still like him at the moment, but: though I’m still and will always be the Grealish Troll (even the Grealish Mark, at this point), even I can’t deny that with every fawning post or assist our Jack makes for the rancid team he currently plays for, I experience a little more Ick and feel a little more doubt about whether this is someone I want to support.

In light of recent news exposing unprecedented financial chicanery at Man City F.C., I am now praying that the Evil Empire is liquidated and/or relegated so far into obscurity next season that Jack is forced to leave the club to save his own skin, gets out of his contract and goes elsewhere to work & play. This probably won’t happen, because Corruption and the way these stings usually go, but I have to cling onto some hope for a better tomorrow.

And when I say I would be ecstatic with Jack signing to almost literally any other club in British & European football—barring perhaps Manchester United or one of the proposed Super League Titans (he’d only turn into a bigger cunt at Real Madrid or PSG)—I mean that. Send him to Chelsea or Liverpool in their current flop Eras, Newcastle or Arsenal in their annoying Eras, even back to Villa or Notts County where he came from, I don’t give a fuck. Even a Ligue 1 (French) or Serie A (Italian) team would be acceptable to me, though Sevilla might be pushing it. I just want to be able to watch my stupid slutty babygirl play once again, without feeling hollow and sick inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 10, 2023 10:31 PM

Add me to the list of those who used to DISlike Pam Anderson. I just thought she was a bimbo with terrible taste in men (Tommy Lee? Pass. Kid Rock. Ewww!).

But seeing her interviews recently I've really grown to like her and sympathize with her. And she's 55 and still gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 55February 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Eskimo Pies

by Anonymousreply 56February 10, 2023 10:53 PM

Nutella - they've changed the recipe.

How is Traders' Joe's version of Chocolate Almond spread?

by Anonymousreply 57February 10, 2023 11:01 PM

I used to ADORE Jamie Lee. I still think she’s a great comic actress but she’s lost the sense of earthiness I used to find so attractive. Now she comes off as unhinged, preachy, desperate, and self-obsessed. But having a blatant autogynephile as a son is bound to drum up some guilt and overcompensation.

by Anonymousreply 58February 10, 2023 11:02 PM

R55 I love all those old 70s & 80s Wives Of Rock. Such bold, cool, freewheeling female personalities with great stories. They don’t make them like that any more.

Those broads also appreciate Jani Lane like we do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 10, 2023 11:09 PM

Eva Braun

by Anonymousreply 60February 10, 2023 11:10 PM

I loved Thandie Newton before she turned into an unhinged mess called "Thandiwe"

by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2023 11:16 PM

R54, if it doesn’t count, why mention it here?

by Anonymousreply 62February 10, 2023 11:16 PM

Used to like James Woods, back when he was in movies like Videodrome in the 80s. I've hated him for a while now.

I used to like Elizabeth Warren back in 2008 when she was doing excellent explanations of the financial crash. But man, the moment she thought she should run for President, it became obvious how insufferable and politically tone-deaf she is. And how much she co-ops and appropriates other people's words, work, ideas, and even identities. She's consistently dishonest, and she will never be President.

by Anonymousreply 63February 10, 2023 11:17 PM

Christine Lagarde, Angela Merkel, Susanne Klatten, Inès de La Fressange, Carla Bruni, Andreja Pejić, Daphne Guinness, Arielle Dombasle, Miuccia Prada, Elon Musk, John Roberts, Anne-Sophie Pic, Mia Farrow

by Anonymousreply 64February 10, 2023 11:20 PM

Mrs. Will Smith.

by Anonymousreply 65February 10, 2023 11:33 PM

R64 wants to be fancy

by Anonymousreply 66February 10, 2023 11:40 PM

Johnny Depp

I used to think he was the epitome of cool and had so many iconic roles, but all the Amber Heard drama did irreparable damage to his legacy. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at him the same way again.

by Anonymousreply 67February 10, 2023 11:49 PM

Armie Hammer

Thought he was hot (in fact, looking at his hotness was the only way I made it through that awful Lone Ranger movie), but now he just seems sick and twisted and gross. Eww, get him away from me.

by Anonymousreply 68February 11, 2023 12:45 AM

Angelina Jolie and Halle Berry. Both of them have shown their asses and exposed themselves as high maintenance, loopy, vindictive cunts.

by Anonymousreply 69February 11, 2023 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!