Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chinese Spy Balloon is Dead to me!

Chinese Spyware Splatter!

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2023 3:26 PM

Maybe it was just a weather balloon for research.

by Anonymousreply 1February 4, 2023 6:59 PM

Maybe it was a wonton delivery.

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2023 6:59 PM

Shot down over the Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2023 7:03 PM

He may or may not have had a hot gas delivery system to maneuver, but he couldn’t live forever.

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2023 7:08 PM

The sky was so blue!

by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2023 7:12 PM

Maybe the balloon was all the friends me made along the way.

by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2023 7:14 PM

No balloons needed. Tik Tok takes care of all the PRC surveillance needs

by Anonymousreply 7February 4, 2023 7:39 PM

Now that the balloon is taken care of, magats are already declaring this incident is "fake news".

by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2023 8:14 PM

Who cares what they think or "declare," r8?

by Anonymousreply 9February 4, 2023 8:16 PM

I was hoping to see it pass over DC.

by Anonymousreply 10February 4, 2023 8:49 PM

did they get the electronics out of it?

by Anonymousreply 11February 4, 2023 9:06 PM

I knew a Chinese Spy Balloon.

And then it died.

by Anonymousreply 12February 4, 2023 9:10 PM

🎵 "99 Chinese Balloons"🎵

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 4, 2023 9:13 PM

It was a wonton act of spying.

by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2023 9:14 PM

Eric Swalwell had the best burn against Trump Jr Trump tweeted the Baloon was named Fenn Fenn or something like that Swalwell tweeted balloon has two l's in it, like eight ball - LOL

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2023 9:15 PM

What if was filled with an airborne virus and it’s now spreading to all of the ocean sea life?

by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2023 9:17 PM

It live-streamed its reconnaissance back to headquarters.

by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2023 9:22 PM

The Chinese have spy satellites. The idea that they need to collect intel with balloons is absurd.

I think it was something different. I can’t help wonder if it was just a nose thumbing by the PRC. We regularly enter airspace and sea lanes they claim (in violation of international conventions) to prove a point, and their leadership uses that to rile up antagonism against the USA in their population. They may have done this in a tit for tat thing, as red meat to throw to their ultra-nationalists.

by Anonymousreply 18February 4, 2023 9:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 4, 2023 9:29 PM

I'd rather see a UFO.

by Anonymousreply 20February 4, 2023 9:42 PM

What was on its iPod?

by Anonymousreply 21February 4, 2023 9:52 PM

Did Pink Lady survive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 4, 2023 9:53 PM

R22 Pink Lady were Japanese not Chinese

by Anonymousreply 23February 4, 2023 9:58 PM

Has China responded yet?

by Anonymousreply 24February 4, 2023 10:00 PM

What happened to Nena's hairy armpits?

by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2023 10:03 PM

R16- Benjamin Dreyfuss will need to start masking again. 😥

by Anonymousreply 26February 4, 2023 10:44 PM

There goes my door dash of sesame chicken with fried rice.

by Anonymousreply 27February 4, 2023 10:53 PM

Sum ting wong.

by Anonymousreply 28February 4, 2023 11:21 PM

^ Wi Tu Lo

by Anonymousreply 29February 4, 2023 11:37 PM

^ Ho Lee Fuk 😳

by Anonymousreply 30February 4, 2023 11:38 PM

Okay, which lucky bitch had the Chinese Spy Balloon on their death pool?

by Anonymousreply 31February 4, 2023 11:51 PM

Testing of the future US-wide delivery system for smallpox.

by Anonymousreply 32February 5, 2023 2:27 AM

Wow such a thoughtful bunch thank you for your depth and intelligent thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 33February 5, 2023 3:07 AM

It's gone, but I wanted another balloon an hour later!

by Anonymousreply 34February 5, 2023 3:08 AM

"Pink Lady were Japanese not Chinese"

What's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2023 3:51 AM

Chinese Spy Balloon should have kept its scummy motherfucking mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 36February 5, 2023 3:58 AM

[quote] Has China responded yet?

I would think that they told the Chinese this is what would happen as soon as it was safe to do so.

by Anonymousreply 37February 5, 2023 4:01 AM

How many minutes into the Oscar opening is Kimmel going to have a balloon float across the stage? How many times will it float across the stage throughout the night in an hilarious beyond all belief running gag?

by Anonymousreply 38February 5, 2023 4:05 AM

^ About as many times as he talks about Prince Harry's frozen dick 🙄

by Anonymousreply 39February 5, 2023 4:08 AM

Good night, room.

Good night, moon.

Good night, cow jumping over the moon.

Good night, Chinese Spy Balloon 🎈 😴

by Anonymousreply 40February 5, 2023 10:28 AM

It has come to light that this is not the first time. How much truth there is to these accusations, we’ll have to wait and see . No sources for this news other than “a defense dept release”.

What’s really crazy is the maga Republican response to the balloon. Ben show pictures they posted on social media showing them with their firearms ready to shoot it down.

This goes to show these crazy Rs will use their own guns on anything. Yeah, I’m looking at you Paul Gosar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 5, 2023 1:52 PM

Come on. All those yahoos with guns and nobody shot it down?

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2023 6:29 AM

Gee, I wonder why Trump did not shoot down Chinese spy balloons during his administration?

[quote]Ivanka got 18 trademarks from China cuz of her dad

[quote]She got $100 million for her “women’s fund” from the Saudis cuz of her dad

[quote]She & Kushner made $640 million while in the White House cuz of her dad

[qutoe]If you claim to care about corruption but don’t care about this, sit the F down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2023 7:31 AM

[quote]Come on. All those yahoos with guns and nobody shot it down?

Go look up the balloon's altitude and get back to us, Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2023 12:32 PM

So 3 Chinese spy balloons while on the fat racists’ tenure and nobody knew?

And these asshole repigs get bent out of shape with this one?

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 45February 6, 2023 2:35 PM

[quote] Go look up the balloon's altitude and get back to us, Einstein.

You never heard of private planes, Aristotle?

by Anonymousreply 46February 6, 2023 5:52 PM

[quote]You never heard of private planes, Aristotle?

Assuming that any of the inbred Trumpistas firing AR-15s in the air have the brains or resources to set up their own private air force is a very special kind of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2023 6:06 PM

R47 who knows little about the parts of this country outside the coasts and suburbia. Plenty of very wealthy gun owners out there. Plenty of not wealthy people with a pilot's license.

by Anonymousreply 48February 6, 2023 6:15 PM

Something about this just doesn't add up. It hovered over Billings for a good length of time. It stayed 200 miles away from Great Falls - which is where the missiles are. Maybe it got a little lost and thought Billings was Great Falls? All Billings has are some rich oil companies.

Tester says they want to land. Maybe land with oil drilling possibilities?

by Anonymousreply 49February 6, 2023 6:20 PM

Has Susan Dey commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 50February 6, 2023 6:27 PM

[quote]Plenty of very wealthy gun owners out there. Plenty of not wealthy people with a pilot's license.

Uh-huh.

You're taking your private Cessna jet up to 60,000 feet (20 miles) to open the pressurized door and shoot at a fucking balloon?

Love arguing with crackheads on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 51February 6, 2023 6:45 PM

Correction: flying up to 60,000 feet/ 11 miles.

Point about being a crackhead remains.

by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2023 6:50 PM

ABC's Jonathan Karl called out Sen. Marco Rubio during a tense exchange about the Chinese spy balloon.

Rubio said Biden should not have "waited so long" to tell people about the balloon.

But Karl said Trump did not disclose three balloon sightings that happened during his term.

ABC anchor Jonathan Karl called out Sen. Marco Rubio during a tense exchange on Sunday about the Chinese spy balloon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 6, 2023 10:14 PM

99 red balloons Floating in the summer sky. Panic bells, it's red alert There's something here from somewhere else. The war machine springs to life, Opens up one eager eye. Focusing it on the sky as 99 red balloons go by...

by Anonymousreply 54February 6, 2023 10:39 PM

[quote] It stayed 200 miles away from Great Falls - which is where the missiles are.

Oh, fank you. Fank you velly much.

by Anonymousreply 55February 6, 2023 11:01 PM

[quote] Ben show pictures they posted on social media showing them with their firearms ready to shoot it down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 6, 2023 11:03 PM

Wtf is this??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 6, 2023 11:16 PM

Stupid bastards!

by Anonymousreply 58February 6, 2023 11:17 PM

R53, that look on Rubio's face when he got shut down at the very end of the interview was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 59February 6, 2023 11:31 PM

Three times under Trump?

With six you get egg roll.

by Anonymousreply 60February 7, 2023 12:08 AM

Maybe a dumb question, but was the balloon just floating on the wind, or was it controllable?

by Anonymousreply 61February 7, 2023 12:26 AM

You didn’t see the Chinaman with the big remote control?

by Anonymousreply 62February 7, 2023 12:40 AM

Did Large Marge shoot it down?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 7, 2023 12:45 AM

I hope China isn't pissed off enough now to unleash a zombie apocalypse on us this time.

by Anonymousreply 64February 7, 2023 12:48 AM

R61 NYT quotes the NSC spokesman: “It is true that this balloon had the ability to maneuver itself. . . So it had propellers. It had a rudder, if you will, to change direction.”

That is, it was akin to an airship or a dirigible, not some gone gone gone with the wind meteorological balloon.

by Anonymousreply 65February 7, 2023 2:29 AM

[quote] But Karl said Trump did not disclose three balloon sightings that happened during his term.

Trump was not told about them. Seems as though they may not have been aware they briefly went into US airspace until after trump left office. Now whether they discovered their presence studying past data or they knew at the time but did not tell the White House - I don't know.

So not the same.

I heard a report that the balloon was maneuverable by remote. So someone was controlling it. This really was a bad breach.

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2023 6:58 AM

So that’s better? That it wasn’t discovered in his administration at all even though they were there?

That doesn’t sound too much better to me.

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2023 1:18 PM

R67, not an opinion, just a fact. I imagine there are lots of minor transgressions by foreign countries that do not get reported to the White House. Like a plane momentarily straying into US airspace. I'm sure there's a protocol for what level of "transgression" bother to get reported. The US also transgresses at times, they don't inform the WH of all those either.

In any event, I'm not clear if these "intrusions" were actually seen or "observed" at the time or not until later via a review of older radar or whatever surveillance was used. One report indicated they were not detected until after Trump left office.

by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2023 4:02 PM

As to why use balloons when you have satellites, NYT has a good summary:

"They fly closer to earth and drift with wind patterns, which are not as predictable to militaries and intelligence agencies as the fixed orbits of satellites, and they can evade radar. They can also hover over areas, while satellites are generally in constant motion. Simple cameras on balloons can produce clearer images than those on orbital satellites, and other surveillance equipment can pick up signals that do not reach the altitude of satellites."

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2023 3:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!