Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help! I dyed my eyebrows and now I look like Uncle Leo.

How can I get this dye to fade faster. I'm about to die

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2023 1:13 AM

Easy peasy - get some hair color remover. I recommend punky hair brand, it's what I use but any should be fine for eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 1January 29, 2023 7:33 PM

Or if you can get your hands on ashes they will remove it as well.

by Anonymousreply 2January 29, 2023 7:37 PM

Hairdresser here, if you have stains on the skin, Windex works great, but DAB, don’t RUB. Use COOL water to cleanse, not hot or you will set the stain. Try a few rounds of dish detergent on a wet towel to scrub lighter…

If they’re still too dark, it’s tricky, I’d use the delicate hair lightening they use on facial and body hair, trim them down as short as you can. Be careful trying to lighten or they might turn ORANGE!

by Anonymousreply 3January 29, 2023 7:38 PM

Any abrasive soap will help. Just don't irritate the skin around it too much.

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2023 7:39 PM

Uncle Leo!! HEL-LO!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2023 7:47 PM

Won't the natural oil from your skin lift the stain within a day or two.

The "Windex works great" on your face, around the sensitive eye area....that's questionable and may be worse than the problem itself. I would not put Windex on my face or near my eyes, dear gawd.

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2023 7:49 PM

Too bad. Has your Ipod been claimed yet?

by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2023 7:49 PM

Lean into it swallow that foolish pride.

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2023 7:51 PM

It is ok. Lily Colins still has career

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2023 7:51 PM

Is the problem dye on your skin or that the eyebrow hairs are now too dark and appear much thicker?

Getting the dye off the skin shouldn’t be a big deal and it will fade in a 2-3 days even without you doing anything special.

If it’s the actual eyebrows, they you may have a problem. If it looks really bad and you need to go to the office or appear on zoom calls, maybe consider trying to find a professional hairdresser to help you out.

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2023 7:54 PM

Just keep dousing your head and face with EXTREMELY cold water. I mean over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2023 8:07 PM

What color did you dye your eyebrows? Jet black hair dye is almost indelible.

Yeah, there's a difference between dyed skin (which will go away on its own) and dyed hair (eyebrow hair).

If you dyed it a lighter color than jet black, I'd go with R1 's recommendation as it sounds like R1 has experience.

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2023 8:12 PM

I don’t care for your demeanor, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote] The "Windex works great" on your face, around the sensitive eye area....that's questionable and may be worse than the problem itself. I would not put Windex on my face or near my eyes, dear gawd.

I don’t think the person was suggesting macing yourself with windex, FFS. Put a little on a cotton swab and dab.

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2023 8:18 PM

I have recently removed ink colored dye from my hair (ends). Like darkest blue black spilled ink. It just takes a few minutes. It first looks like nothing is happening but a color remover (again, I use punky) breaks the bonds of artificial color and completely removes it so it goes from nothing... nothing... nothing... gone.

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2023 8:22 PM

OP, next time use eyebrow makeup so that you can just wash it off if you don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2023 8:22 PM

[quote] but a color remover breaks the bonds of artificial color

How sad.

I hate to hear about breakups.

by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2023 8:29 PM

O, I forgot a decent home thing. mix baking soda with shampoo (dandruff if you have it), apply to hair, leave on for a while, rinse and repeat as needed. I try not to do that on my hair because it's damaging but for just eyebrows it should be fine. don't use lemon juice or developer- do want orange? I am guessing you don't.

by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2023 8:30 PM

Shave them off.

by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2023 8:32 PM

Get tattooed ones like an ex of mine has.

by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote] dandruff if you have it

Oh, he has it.

by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2023 8:34 PM

There's an easy solution, OP. Just shave off your eyebrows and pencil in new ones. Major Hollywood stars did it all the time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2023 8:39 PM

Dawn

by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2023 8:55 PM

Uncle Leo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2023 9:24 PM

Dye in a grease fire, OP!

by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2023 9:29 PM

You beat me to it, r24.

by Anonymousreply 26January 29, 2023 11:12 PM

Don’t feel bad, r26. Seeing as how OP referenced it, it wasn’t exactly a “get.”

by Anonymousreply 27January 29, 2023 11:21 PM

I'll bet Cousin Jeffrey's eyebrows look *spectacular* and the New York Parks Department has asked him to put on a how-to exhibition for the public. Should've waited for the workshop, OP.

by Anonymousreply 28January 29, 2023 11:25 PM

You will need:

BLUE dawn detergent - original, none of that oxycodone shit

Brass shoe brushie stick

Dirt Devil plug-in (NOT BATTERY POWERED) hand-held vacuum with crevice wand attachment

1 gram of 94% THC wax

Directions: Dab eyebrows with 50/50 detergent/water mixture, lightly brush with brass scrubby, suck froth from eyebrows, rinse, suck, repeat….

by Anonymousreply 29January 29, 2023 11:38 PM

Don’t tease him, R29. He may be desperate enough to try it.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2023 12:04 AM

Rubbing your eyebrows with prunes, which you can re-use with your porridge in the morning, should do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2023 12:05 AM

OP, if you thought no one would notice that you dyed your eyebrows then what was the point?

This is the sort of thing you should do when you move to a new town.

by Anonymousreply 32January 30, 2023 12:06 AM

Perhaps OP is leaving town!

OP, are you performing “Flee The Nazis”? I did this five years ago when my hair was taking on Lisle Lovett / Seinfeld’s Kramer shape.

Anyway, If you are moving two duffel bags across country on a whim, do NOT waste space on expensive sheets. Bring your whole notions treasure box, though.And the good salt/pepper grinders.

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2023 1:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!