Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s talk about Incest Survivors

Have you ever known one? Are you one? What are they like to interact with? Do they ever get over it?

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2023 3:45 AM

Seems like a pedo troll (?)

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 11:00 PM

R1 was touched by her Daddy

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 11:14 PM

I play with myself

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2023 11:15 PM

I worked with one. Apparently she had been through a lot of therapy, because she tended to overshare. She and her sisters had been molested by her father and brothers. She was on her third bad marriage. Not stupid, actually capable at her job, but I avoided her because I had heard too much already.

Her father was still in prison, FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 11:26 PM

Yes. No. It depends. "Get over it," is an odd way of phrasing this. With focused therapy and a good support network, many go on to live completely fulfilled, happy lives. Without resources or proper support, of course, it's much more difficult.

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2023 11:34 PM

Lorna, do you want to weigh in here?

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2023 12:21 AM

yes, yes, you tell me, I have never been in a relationship so, no?

by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2023 1:04 AM

Take it from me -it just doesn't happen in real life.

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2023 1:34 AM

R7 so much makes sense now

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2023 2:04 AM

Stealth Perv Thread.

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2023 2:05 AM

Former law enforcement with some experience w/sexual assaults. A lot depends on what happens after the child reports. IME, a lot of times, the mother will stay with the perpetrator. If Mom abandons child like that, then that's the main damage. I think it's worse than the sexual assault, itself.

I didn't work very long in that field (sexual assaults), but that was my take on the situation.

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2023 2:14 AM

r9, right?

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2023 2:44 AM

I don't think the people who didn't survive should be excluded.

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2023 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!