Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gen Z, what it's like to be you?

This is your time to shine!

Tell us your hopes for the future....

by Anonymousreply 135February 12, 2023 11:16 AM

We hope there's a planet left when the Boomers are done bleeding the economy, wrecking the environment, and destroying our former democratic norms as they line their own pockets on the way to the grave.

Your parents handed you a functioning and solid country, and you turned every part of it into a wasteland.

But by all means, keep mocking us for knowing how TikTok works.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 5:30 PM

So, butthurt and angry? ^^^

And what are your pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 5:35 PM

R2 OP asked what Gen Z's hopes for the future are. I was explaining why so many of us have none.

And who the hell cares about pronouns? Do you have to inject that into every thread you see? No one asked you to do that.

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2023 5:37 PM

Yup bitter and angry pretty much sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 8:55 PM

The whole world wants to fuck my tight young ass. So that's what it's like.

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2023 8:58 PM

R1, I agree on all points you’ve brought up.

I’m part of Gen X and can’t stand what these cunts have done to makes so many facets of life so miserable for so many for so long.

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2023 1:04 AM

They're stupid and humorless as shit. I'm ready for Generation Alpha.

by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2023 4:36 AM

They're not going to be called "Gen Z" for much longer.

Society is going to refer to them as "The Scolds".

Their mindset is closer to that of the Church Lady than anything resembling young people from the past.

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2023 4:49 AM

It’s all good as long as the cheap gummies keep flowing.

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2023 4:57 AM

I don't know why everyone thinks Gen Z is so different. The media needs to shut up on generalizing these generations and making Gen Z out to be martyrs or saviors when most are still self-absorbed adolescents and college kids. It's a joke. Anyway, most people are average intelligence and boring, only a few are exceptional and have imagination. Gen Z will have it's geniuses who will change the world but the majority will be mindless sheep like Boomers, Xers and Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2023 6:59 AM

DL is a boiling cesspit of racism, hatred, pitiful jokes, and whiny bitterness (“My career never took off!” “That celebrity’s divan is ugly!” “I’m sixty and nobody wants to fuck me!”), and you dateless old pricks have the nerve to call the rest of us bitchy and unpleasant?

Hold your gilt-edged coke mirror up to your own face. THAT’S what a humorless boor looks like.

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2023 6:59 AM

I think we might have touched a nerve with poor 11

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2023 7:02 AM

Most generations are filled with dumb, mediocre and conformist people who complain about everything. And oversensitivity and PC has been a thing in The US since the Puritans landed in Plymouth Rock. It's just people like the idea of taking credit for the innovations of a tiny few in their age range and disparage the younger or older generation based off it. It's useless and doesn't solve anything. We need to look at people as individuals.

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2023 7:03 AM

They has sand in their vagina at R11.

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2023 7:04 AM

DL has not been funny since Bush left office. So I don't know who they are calling humorless. The lowbrow shit here is not witty.

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2023 7:06 AM

R13 Goody Thomas doth bear false witness! The sow claims to lend her heartfelt ear to the plight of Mayflower workmen, but nayeth, I have seen her use her wiles to disrobe the menfolk below decks and fall upon them like a Cornish fog! Trust not in the ample bosom of this treacherous Goodwife, lest ye be led astray from the Good Word!

Also, the wench told me in confidence how she longs for the company of a sturdy Moor in her bedchamber!

by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2023 7:10 AM

Gen Alpha seems very confident. A lot of Millennial parents are very involved but not nearly as coddling as X parents are. Millennials were overparented, so don't want their kids to be too soft. X were neglected so overparented worse than Boomers.

by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2023 7:11 AM

Boomers messed up twice in parenting. First, they worked a lot but also wanted to enjoy their youth and go out on their time off. So we're neglectful to their Gen X kids who raised themselves and kicked their kids out unprepared at 18. Then Boomers who waited later to have kids, were older and more at home. They consumed 24/7 news cycle which put fears of stranger danger, cults, pedophiles and terrorism. So sheltered their Millennial children and tried to micromanage their decisions. Both styles were rooted in narcissism. Boomers themselves had pretty bad parents too. So it's cyclical. Gen Z was pampered by Gen X parents. Millennials I know seem more old-fashioned in discipline and wanting their kids to be independent.

by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2023 7:19 AM

*were

by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2023 7:21 AM

Judging from some of the comments on here, Gen Zs go under the pseudonym of 'Pearl Clutcher' and 'Ian Dignant'

by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2023 7:26 AM

I spotted the Gen Z at R11!!

by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2023 7:30 AM

What's so ironic about Gen Z is that they seem to have no problem throwing shade at older generations by saying, "OK Boomer". It's blatant ageism.

But god forbid anyone criticize them for anything. They go nuclear in a second and their faux progressive facade falls away.

They show us what judgemental little bitches they truly are, when challenged.

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2023 8:03 AM

They've been coddled and indulged far more than any other generation. Gen Z are the group that will use social media to take you down. It's all so retaliatory.

My feelings are hurt!

But it's how it made ME feel!

That's offensive!

Scold scold scold scold scold.

They clearly ain't getting enough of the d .

by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2023 8:08 AM

Gen Z use dating apps not to seek out play but confrontation.

by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2023 10:37 AM

But we’re not the only ones who bitch and scold.

Look how many of you Eldergays on his very site piss and moan about the trans, about Black people, about women, about young people seeing the world differently.

All you fellas do is bitch about how offensive you find the modern world, and how much change upsets you.

Fat pot, meet lithe kettle

by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2023 3:54 PM

I’m a Boomer and I agree with r1

We have fucked up this country economically and democratically, and destroyed the world’s environment.

But, like all other Boomers, I’ll be dead before the worst of the shit hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 26January 29, 2023 4:07 PM

R1 understood the assignment by saying exactly what a Gen Z would say.

by Anonymousreply 27January 29, 2023 4:51 PM

Stop attacking Gen Z.

I swear, older generations are living out a traumatic attachment to all who abused us, when hateful speech against all oppressed minorities was rampant.

Christ.

by Anonymousreply 28January 29, 2023 5:00 PM

Being nasty to anyone younger is one of the rare privileges of growing older. It's how old bastards get their kicks - commiserating with each other about how awful things are nowadays. Someone did it to them 80 years ago, and now they're doing it to us.

by Anonymousreply 29January 29, 2023 5:31 PM

Being nasty to younger people is also how old people cope with being unwanted and less productive. Looking back I realize how many older people were mean to me out of jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 30January 29, 2023 5:49 PM

R1 is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 31January 29, 2023 6:05 PM

I'm Gen X r17 and haven't seen that with anyone I know. Quite the opposite actually.

by Anonymousreply 32January 29, 2023 6:09 PM

[quote] Gen Z will have it's geniuses

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 33January 29, 2023 6:16 PM

[quote] keep mocking us for knowing how TikTok works.

In my day we just called them clocks.

But I still don’t really know how they work, just that they tell us the time. Where they get the time from, well that’s the mystery.

by Anonymousreply 34January 29, 2023 6:17 PM

[quote] Gen Z use dating apps not to seek out play but confrontation.

That’s how they use all apps. Every single one.

by Anonymousreply 35January 30, 2023 6:19 PM

R35 What does this even mean? Who uses dating apps to confront strangers? And how are people supposed to confront people over an app like Citi or Jersey Mike's?

by Anonymousreply 36January 30, 2023 6:53 PM

Live a little. Then you'll learn what jerks we all are.

by Anonymousreply 37January 30, 2023 9:33 PM

What a wonderfully contecious thread DL'ers you have outdone yourselves. Congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 38January 30, 2023 9:49 PM

What kind of thread?

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2023 9:53 PM

OMG the ingorance of sum people.

by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2023 10:25 PM

R38 Oh, dear.

Reminds me of the clown who wrote "per-portedly" instead of purportedly.

by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2023 10:36 PM

I'm all of the customer service tips they expect for doing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 42February 2, 2023 7:57 AM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 43February 2, 2023 8:36 AM

I’m the bad breath, armpit stank, and wearing shoes without socks.

by Anonymousreply 44February 2, 2023 8:43 AM

I'm the 24-year-old GROOMING the 21-year-old!!

by Anonymousreply 45February 2, 2023 8:46 AM

I'm Gen-X and [bold]thoroughly[/bold] agree with everything R1 said.

by Anonymousreply 46February 2, 2023 8:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 2, 2023 11:59 AM

I'm the bills they never have to pay themselves.

by Anonymousreply 48February 2, 2023 12:26 PM

R48 Are you also the trillion-dollar debts racked up by crooked banks and "small businesses" that get bailed out and/or wiped clean by the federal government, all while regular people lose their pensions, their homes, and their future?

When a corporation gambles and loses, they get a bailout and go right on doing the same thing.

When a young person lives at home to help chip away at $90k in student loan debt, you call them a moocher.

by Anonymousreply 49February 2, 2023 7:42 PM

"I'm dead"

by Anonymousreply 50February 6, 2023 6:43 AM

Certainly don’t envy the prospects of Millennials and Gen Z. Bleak economic outlook, environment fucked up, infrastructure and institutions crumbling. US & the West overtaken by corporatism & globalism. They’ve got every reason to be pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 51February 6, 2023 7:15 AM

I think Gen X and Gen Z need to team up in order to take on the huge and kind of insane Millennial generation since the Boomers won't be numerically important for much longer. In fact, I think that is kind of happening already. Gen X and Z seem to have a lot in common when it comes to their world views. We can use the experience of Gen X and combine it with the energy and enthusiasm of Gen Z and take over the world.

by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2023 7:27 AM

^ Gen Z already love wearing our clothes and listening to our music.

by Anonymousreply 53February 6, 2023 12:37 PM

R51 Don't forget the rebirth of fascism, courtesy of our bigoted parents and their tax-cutting plutocrat bosses!

by Anonymousreply 54February 6, 2023 1:44 PM

Agree, R52, with your sentiment. I am a Gen X and see a lot to like about Gen Z. They are pushing back against the corporatocracy. It may just be because what they've inherited is in shambles, but I love their no fucks to give attitude and push back against being a corporate drone. Millennials are a mixed bag. Some are just fine. But some are... it's hard to describe. Some struggle with working independently but they also take no heed of those around them. Almost like a warped toddler mindset.

by Anonymousreply 55February 6, 2023 1:56 PM

[quote] OP asked what Gen Z's hopes for the future are. I was explaining why so many of us have none.

You have none because you’re afraid of your own shadows and need to be coddled 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 56February 6, 2023 1:58 PM

[quote] They are pushing back against the corporatocracy.

While they reap the benefits.

by Anonymousreply 57February 6, 2023 1:59 PM

I think pushing back against shitty pay and shitty treatment in the work place is the one of the things Gen Z is doing right.

by Anonymousreply 58February 6, 2023 3:46 PM

Agree, r58.

by Anonymousreply 59February 6, 2023 7:27 PM

It's pretty fun. I'm hot, sexy, young, thin, and I get what I want.

by Anonymousreply 60February 6, 2023 7:37 PM

R1 My, so self-righteous and convinced of their own victimization. Maybe their parents shouldn't have let them live at home rent-free until they were 30.

by Anonymousreply 61February 6, 2023 7:40 PM

R61 You're just jealous because you had to call an elderly john "Daddy" if you wanted a place to sleep when you were 19!

by Anonymousreply 62February 6, 2023 7:53 PM

OP is quite optimistic to think Gen Z logs onto DL.

Are any Gen Z actually posting on this thread? (that would mean anyone 25 years old and younger - and looking 25 doesn't count).

DL is going to die out with the millennials. Murial better start recruiting on Tik Tok to keep this pointless bitchery alive.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 63February 6, 2023 8:16 PM

Heyyyy, r60.

by Anonymousreply 64February 6, 2023 8:20 PM

Which generation wants to cancel everyone? Is that the Zs? Or the millennials? Seems like the millennials. Someone clue me in. I’m an old X.

by Anonymousreply 65February 6, 2023 8:27 PM

This hair dye makes my scale itchy.

by Anonymousreply 66February 6, 2023 8:39 PM

Scalp*

by Anonymousreply 67February 6, 2023 8:39 PM

That would be your Generation X, R65. They're the ones hosting FoX News and running candidates like DeSantis and MTG and trying to cancel things like abortion after they just benefited from it.

by Anonymousreply 68February 7, 2023 12:43 AM

From glancing at Chaturbate which is all Gen Z now they are all incredibly skinny and have big dicks.

Their feet probably stink tho.

by Anonymousreply 69February 7, 2023 1:30 AM

I've noticed that they all drive nice cars for young people with no jobs. I wonder who is paying for that?

by Anonymousreply 70February 7, 2023 3:25 AM

The X Gen didn't raise Zzz right because of all the inane nanny laws that came into force during the millennial's years when they went from Jenny Jones bootcamps to munching tide pods... while dealing with the boomer's neverending hangover from rebelling against suburbian conformity.

Let's put in perspective Gen X was the best generation, ask any paedo celebrity.. we were molested far and wide, everyone wanted us. Apparently, they couldn't get it up for the rest of you.

Boomerrs at least creating the tech, X created the software, millennials used to it become attention whores and Zzz the most uninspired and unimaginative generation is the result. We're not likely to have a true grasp on their nature until they hit their 40s because they lack a distinctive personality at all. Like, what, childhood ends at 30 now? The most traumatic things that happened in their lives was somebody disagreeing with them online.

by Anonymousreply 71February 7, 2023 3:38 AM

r70 they lease, they take out loans, they're all about credit because people put in their heads that somebody else will pay for it and they can default.

by Anonymousreply 72February 7, 2023 3:41 AM

R70 Plenty of us have good jobs. And considering we're priced out of ever owning a home, we might as well take our renter's savings and treat ourselves to a shiny new Corolla once a decade.

by Anonymousreply 73February 7, 2023 3:46 AM

r73 "priced out of ever owning a home" boohoo, adversity and struggle, will the government give me a bail out? mommy, daddy, plz? - Zzz

by Anonymousreply 74February 7, 2023 3:48 AM

r72 I'm pretty Mom and Dad pay for their cars and their iphones and video games. That's kind of funny considering their parents like to think of themselves as latchkey hard asses or whatever

by Anonymousreply 75February 7, 2023 3:53 AM

r75 hey, it's better than them living at home or paying for their sixth visit to the loony bin because they diagnosed themselves with a new disorder.

by Anonymousreply 76February 7, 2023 3:55 AM

r75 and as this thread illustrates, they remain ungrateful little bastards desiring to kill everyone but especially their parents because they only got a malibu barbie when they wanted a ballerina barbie.

by Anonymousreply 77February 7, 2023 3:57 AM

[quote] Let's put in perspective Gen X was the best generation, ask any paedo celebrity.

Gen X's transition into Boomer blowhards happens this decade.

by Anonymousreply 78February 7, 2023 3:57 AM

r78 just as millennials turn into whimpers sots for all things nostalgic and desperately try to cling to their youth, and inevitably making Madonna look somewhat respectable by comparison. Never learning from the past; others or their own.

by Anonymousreply 79February 7, 2023 4:01 AM

R75 So because a total stranger has nicer possessions than you, it empowers you to dream up some detailed fantasy of how they paid for not only that one item, but everything else in their life too? Doesn't that eat up a lot of your remaining brain cells?

Car payments aren't that expensive. Cell phones aren't that expensive. And video games? You probably spend more money on Aspercreme and lotto scratchers each month.

Envy consumes you, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 80February 7, 2023 4:02 AM

R79 you can always tell when a poster is Gen X because they always deflect from any criticism about themselves. Whatabout Boomers? Whatabout Millennials? Wahhhh wahhh wahhh.

by Anonymousreply 81February 7, 2023 4:03 AM

R78 They have a lot to be irate about.

Christian Slater has wrinkles now.

Banana Republic cheaped out.

People still laugh at you when you order a Zima in bars.

Oh, and they bore the brunt of the Boomers never getting off the cultural/political/economic stage, and are basically a shadow generation who never came close to getting their due.

by Anonymousreply 82February 7, 2023 4:05 AM

r81

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 7, 2023 4:08 AM

R82 if they don't want Boomers in charge then perhaps they should stop voting for Boomer Republicans aka Trump's loyalest base

by Anonymousreply 84February 7, 2023 4:08 AM

r84 If you don't want them to vote for boomers then perhaps you should come up with new strategies and come up with a message to convince them than what tiktok currently has to offer. Btw, tiktok shouldn't be your primary source of information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 7, 2023 4:14 AM

R85 No. They're the ones approaching senior years but vote for Republicans to gut things like Social Security, Medicare and other social safety nets. If they can't figure it out by that age then nobody can help them

by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2023 4:19 AM

r86 So, you're inept, lazy, useless, unimaginative, uninspired, bed-wetters that have given up on life because it's too hard.

by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2023 4:43 AM

r86 seriously, no ambition.. no desire to even try to change the world... just scolds.

by Anonymousreply 88February 7, 2023 4:44 AM

If Millennials was that bad for the reasons in the article, it's easy to imagine (well unless you're Zzz) how bad Z are and worse off alphas may be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 7, 2023 4:47 AM

R87 It's more like you're just a lost cause at this point . We saw all you Xers at the capitol insurrection.

R82 is angry at Boomers maintaining control but whose fault is that? It's definitely not the fault of younger generations and yet here is Gen X shitting all over them. If you're so mad at Baby Boomers why don't you be a man and take it up with them instead of being a bunch of little bitches complaining about kids these days?

by Anonymousreply 90February 7, 2023 4:49 AM

R90 But I'm a Millennial myself. I'm not taking sides here. I think you're all a bunch of whiners and broke-dicks.

by Anonymousreply 91February 7, 2023 4:51 AM

r90 can't be a man, anymore, you crybullies declared that toxic. So, how long are you going to use that excuse? There's shit stains in your underwear because nobody taught you the right way to wipe?

by Anonymousreply 92February 7, 2023 4:54 AM

I feel sorry for Gen Z. They don’t know how to take care of themselves and blame others.

by Anonymousreply 93February 7, 2023 4:55 AM

r90 Yes, apparently, in your mind, you believe that represented all of X though no one but you has said that. If you're going to attempt to insult an entire generation, put some pizazz in it. Again, you can read a book or find some videos of what Gen X actually were like, and satirize that. Or you can look at the many parodies done by X themselves of the X generation.. you can even start with mainstream films that outline several tropes you can use as fodder.

by Anonymousreply 94February 7, 2023 4:58 AM

R94 Why? I don't remember you ever holding back from criticizing Baby boomers ever since you were young? Are you off limits from criticism somehow?

by Anonymousreply 95February 7, 2023 5:03 AM

As a resident old fart Gen X at work, I’m now training Gen Z new employees. Much easier than Millennials. Millenials wanted to do the most important work and did not like direction. Gen Z wants to work and works well wirh others, but wants fair pay. I hope they succeed.

by Anonymousreply 96February 7, 2023 5:09 AM

r95 since I was young? I was never young, I was born old, grumpy and bitter. I even bit the doctor before he could slap me. And since your comprehension levels are pitifully low, you're not offering criticism.. not even mildly accurate generalizations. You're just randomly throwing around things you don't like and associating them together. It's the equivalent of everybody I don't like is literally hitler. I'm merely giving you advice in order to win the respect of X and inevitably others with possibly good and witty retort rather than exclaiming, "you're a poopoo head.)

by Anonymousreply 97February 7, 2023 5:11 AM

r95 here, let's simplify this.. who are your five top political or philosophical writers/theorists?

by Anonymousreply 98February 7, 2023 5:13 AM

R97 I neither care nor need to earn the respect of a generation that has broken strong for Trump two elections in a row. This is not an opinion. This is a fact. It's a fact that you may not like. But it is a fact nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 99February 7, 2023 5:14 AM

R98 Let me simplify this for you.

Why are your Gen X peers the most anti abortion when you are the only ones who had it your whole reproductive lives? It's almost like you pulled up the ladder for other generations after you yourselves stopped breeding.

Isn't that kind of how you accuse the Boomers of pulling up the ladder from you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 7, 2023 5:18 AM

r99 So, you don't care for self respect, integrity, basic human decency. . . viewing the world as an enemies, dreaming your the saviors but powerless to do anything because nobody does what you want them to do... for you. Also, a sheer inability to detect sarcasm.

r100 You refuse to answer my questions, even as simple as naming just five people that influence or inform your politics.

And as to answering yours, it comes with the question of why would that be?

Which has been explained several times over and compared with answers from the most liberal and progressive nations in regards to limits, i.e. that most support abortion but also that most disagree on what limits there should be.

by Anonymousreply 101February 7, 2023 5:22 AM

R101 Thanks for outing yourself as a Gen X Magat. You made my work here easy.

by Anonymousreply 102February 7, 2023 5:24 AM

r100 most of the world thinks that America's laws were too extreme, even though they avidly support abortion.

r102 How does that make me a magat?

by Anonymousreply 103February 7, 2023 5:24 AM

r103 and, again, just to grasp your comprehension skills, what does being a magat mean to you?

by Anonymousreply 104February 7, 2023 5:25 AM

R104 Being a magat means being Trump's most loyal base. Somehow you have surpassed even the Boomers themselves. How pathetic is that?

by Anonymousreply 105February 7, 2023 5:27 AM

d103 do you know how Canada legalized abortion? Why the law has remains vs the U.S?

r105 and how did I do that?

by Anonymousreply 106February 7, 2023 5:29 AM

r105 You're taking an awfully long time. I somehow doubt you're typing all that much. I've grown bored, perhaps this will help you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 7, 2023 5:35 AM

R107 What you SHOULD be sharing instead is this article with YOUR peers who continue to lick Trump and Baby Boomer ass. But by all means continue blaming and being preoccupied with those who are younger. It's what your generation does best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 7, 2023 5:40 AM

I’m a 25 year old female who’s never had a boyfriend. I don’t have that many friends either. I hope I don’t end up alone.

by Anonymousreply 109February 7, 2023 5:43 AM

r108 Is it what I do? Why do you feel I should share it with them? What can *you* tell me about it?

by Anonymousreply 110February 7, 2023 5:43 AM

R110 Why don't you read it and find out?

by Anonymousreply 111February 7, 2023 5:45 AM

r111 because I'd rather read more of your opinions. You seem to have a lot to say and probably need a good cry, so maybe this will help you reach a catharsis, so you can get it all out and be ready for a nap.

by Anonymousreply 112February 7, 2023 5:47 AM

Depression, anxiety, trauma. But I don’t blame it on being Gen Z. I blame it on my parents. They hate each other and have been fighting all my life. My dad is an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 113February 7, 2023 5:48 AM

I’m Gen Z but grew up with an older millennial sister. She was born in 1991 and I was born in 1998.

by Anonymousreply 114February 7, 2023 5:50 AM

R112 Oh you are going to see that Millennials will have a lot to say this decade and it won't involve any more plans to take any more shit talking from Gen X.

by Anonymousreply 115February 7, 2023 5:52 AM

r109 Loneliness can be difficult even for those that enjoy being alone. It's easy to find a man for just about anything you want... except it's difficult to find a boyfriend, especially if you don't have prior dating experience... which in this day and age, it's difficult to even have a date. . . there's a lot of more social people that have no idea how to date, either.

I'd probably recommend that you explore the world of introverts, even some of the kooky personality tests (mbti is one and they have many forums) because it would give you a group of people often in a similar situation, working with the same kind of issues and fears, and it would probably be a much nicer place than here. But there's many introverted corners, where you might meet similar people or dis-similar people and build up connections at your own pace, maybe some actual friendships and possible relationships that could spill over into the real world. But all in all, give you a support group with other people going through what you are now.

by Anonymousreply 116February 7, 2023 5:55 AM

r115 Well, we'll just have to mine the salt. It's great for preserving. So, what "shit" do you believe you're given by X's? How often do they confront and attack you? Do you regularly think to yourself that cashier looks like an gen x, I know this bitch is going to shortchange me?

by Anonymousreply 117February 7, 2023 5:58 AM

R116 Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. The last time I put myself out there, the guy ended up ghosting me. Mind you this guy was rumored to like me and I felt we had a lot of chemistry. I know rejection is a natural part of life, but it hurts pretty bad. And it’s just hard to put yourself out there when you have no dating experience and have never gotten attention from guys. That’s why I can’t see myself ever using dating apps, but I also know meeting someone organically is hard too. Idk, but I would like to meet someone who’s in the same boat as me.

by Anonymousreply 118February 7, 2023 6:00 AM

r118 social clubs are a fair way to do that. . . there's the possibility for meeting a single or find someone to date, or merely just connect with other people that share at least one of the same interests as you. but no pressure as the focus is on something else.

Though, there are actual singles clubs (and cruises, retreats, etc) that act this way.

There are matchmakers, too. That usually requires an investment and it's better to see one in person than to do it online but you really only tend to find them in larger cities or within specific communities. The good ones include a package that usually involves some life coaching and therapeutic counseling.

Speed dating (may be free and even when they're not, they tend give discounts to women as usually there's more guys than girls.) when available can build up your tolerance to rejection and help you build some small talk skills, too.

If you're in a isolated region all that might be difficult, but there are various meet up sites that advertise for local social clubs and lacking that, you can check events with your local community centers, or possibly churches/temples/etc, nearby universities, etc.

by Anonymousreply 119February 7, 2023 6:11 AM

R119 Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 120February 7, 2023 6:16 AM

R117 Millennials know you very well esp compared to the Baby Boomers who don't even acknowledge your existence or Gen Z who mistakes you for Boomers with their OK Boomer memes.

by Anonymousreply 121February 7, 2023 6:26 AM

I am GenX and I am ashamed of the fox news drones much of my generation has become. But I am not surprised. When I think back, I remember a lot of ignorance in my peers at an early age. Wanna talk Politics? World events? Economy?......Nah, crickets.

So when the internet got to these fat fucks they were finally able to take a position without going to all the trouble of reading books and periodicals. Fox News and the like were waiting with open arms. And they had the added advantage of being in direct opposition to all those smarty pants guys back in college.

Mind you, that is not the whole generation, but a subset. I have no interest in sparring with other generations using generalizations.

by Anonymousreply 122February 7, 2023 6:43 AM

As a Gen Z I hate that my generation lacks nuance and has such a black and white view of the world. I blame Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 123February 7, 2023 6:46 AM

Who knew so many Gen Z posted here?

by Anonymousreply 124February 7, 2023 6:47 AM

Sorry, I can’t stop commenting. I’m probably one of the few Gen Zers lurking or posting on here. I was initially drawn to this site for the Old Hollywood gossip.

by Anonymousreply 125February 7, 2023 6:51 AM

I DEMAND a working wage (at least $40/hr) for having to stand up at work and push buttons all day on the machine where the McD orders are placed. And those customers had better give me a good tip when they add fries or super size their drink because that makes me have to push more complicated buttons! How am I supposed to buy a house at this rate?

by Anonymousreply 126February 7, 2023 7:43 AM

R126 McDonald's discontinued the Super Size promotion twenty years ago.

Were you still living in the booby hatch back then, as well? Maybe you're merely behind the times?

by Anonymousreply 127February 7, 2023 7:26 PM

r122 so, basically instead you became an all too serious morose killjoy that can't experience fun by interacting with other people because it's offensive?

by Anonymousreply 128February 7, 2023 7:30 PM

It's a common well-known meme R127. Do you know what meme means? If not, try doing a basic Google search. You don't have to install any software to do that! In summary, FAIL on your dis, R127

by Anonymousreply 129February 7, 2023 8:54 PM

As a "zillennial" born on the cusp, I'd say Millenials are the most reasonable out there. Gen Z still has to grow into themselves, but it won't help that they have 10x the gen prior.

I teach freshman English and many of them have a hard time with face-to-face conversation. It saddens me, some struggle even with basic eye contact.

by Anonymousreply 130February 7, 2023 9:03 PM

^meant 10x the internet time

by Anonymousreply 131February 7, 2023 9:06 PM

R130, can I see your dangling participle?

by Anonymousreply 132February 7, 2023 9:18 PM

Same, R122. It's depressing. Our generation seems very susceptible to media, particularly Fox and Facebook - doggedly so. My pet theory is that so many of our generation were left to their own devices growing up that they never developed communal empathy. Similarly, I think a large subset of Boomers are warped because they were born to parents with PTSD issues from the war or from enduring the Great Depression. It's interesting watching the same cycles repeat themselves. These Boomers and Xers bore Millennials. Some came out well but some were overparented and/or overindulged to the point they have difficulty functioning in society. They either cannot function independently or they cannot handle disappointment or being told 'no'. Gen Z seems pretty chill and some seem not as apt to fall into the trap of being a 'good little consumer'. I feel bad for them as they've never experienced any time of prosperity. At least us older folks got to live during the 90s. It's been all down hill since.

by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2023 3:04 PM

spoiled americans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 12, 2023 9:59 AM

They have ‘invented’ a new way to get black out drunk - but without getting a hangover!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 12, 2023 11:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!