Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is it true that Bette Davis called Elizabeth Taylor fat?

And what else did she say about Elizabeth's looks whether good or bad?

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2023 11:29 PM

Liz might have been a bit chubby, but she had one of the most beautiful faces ever and quite sexy body, with nice boobs and waist and everything. Bette was great actress, better than Liz, but rather plain in look department and didn' t have much sex appeal. She was beloved by women and gay men, but I don't think straight guys really cared about her. So, it does look like plain jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 7:47 AM

"Liz Taylor stands in front of the microwave and yells, "Hurry up!"

"Liz Taylor's blood type is Ragu"

I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress...

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 8:19 AM

A police officer saw Elizabeth Taylor on a street corner and yelled at her to break it up!

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2023 11:17 AM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 3:13 PM

That washed up hag has a lot of damn nerve to be calling anybody fat and/or ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2023 3:16 PM

It is not true, OP

by Anonymousreply 6January 28, 2023 3:22 PM

Davis did however say "WHAT A STRUMP-et"

by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2023 4:55 PM

[quote]Is it true that Bette Davis called Elizabeth Taylor fat?

No

by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2023 5:07 PM

Bette saw Liz at Woolworths shopping for stretch jewelry!

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2023 5:21 PM

Bette and Elizabeth were always fond of each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2023 6:04 PM

Well at one point she was fat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2023 6:32 PM

I don't think they were friends. I can't find it on YouTube (sorry), but a talk show host asked Liz about Bette. Liz's response was similar to Mariah Carey commenting on JLo (not as bad, though, Liz did acknowledge knowing Bette).

Liz, even when fat, never let anyone see her sweat (about her looks). She always seemed confident, no matter what.

I'm sure Bette called Liz fat or thought she was fat. However, Bette was smart enough not to say that publicly.

I'm guessing Liz did respect Bette's acting chops.

I don't think Bette was "plain." She didn't have conventional good looks like Liz, but she was attractive.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2023 6:55 PM

Bette never called Liz fat

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2023 7:17 PM

R2 She's the only woman I know that puts mayonnaise on aspirin!

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2023 7:22 PM

"Is Elizabeth Taylor fat? Her favorite food is seconds." - Joan Rivers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2023 7:46 PM

I asked her what she wanted on her hamburger. She said "a hot dog".

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2023 8:22 PM

But y'are fat, Elizabeth! Ya ARE!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2023 8:33 PM

I take her to McDonalds just to see her eat and watch the numbers change!

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2023 10:46 PM

Carole Bayer Sager threw a party for Taylor's 55th birthday, and invited Bette Davis, who was seated next to Bob Dylan, "their cigarette ashes almost touching."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2023 10:53 PM

Bette Davis and Elizabeth Taylor were both big drinkers and could be quite mouthy when drunk.

I had the pleasure of spending some time with ET (after Betty Ford) and she was very candid, a mouth like Cher and the rehab didn't stick.

What I admired about ET was her warmth and her humor. She was totally in on the joke.

Bette was as brittle as flint but I doubt she called Elizabeth fat, At least not to her face.

Love them both.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2023 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!