Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'You People' on Netflix, has a good cast

But I can't stand Jonah Hill and he looks almost as old as the parents. Anyone watch this yet?

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2023 1:43 AM

How was it?

by Anonymousreply 1February 1, 2023 4:53 AM

Doesn't matter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 1, 2023 12:26 PM

Agree with how Jonah looked. His performance was one of his least obnoxious though.

by Anonymousreply 3February 1, 2023 12:44 PM

5 minutes into it and I can't take Jonah Hill. He is so ugly and looks way older than the 35 his character is supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2023 2:00 AM

Can’t bring myself to watch it because Lauren London is a shit actress.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2023 2:05 AM

Read the synopsis on Wikipedia and this movie sounds awful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2023 2:13 AM

Now playing: "Lee Daniels' Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? 2023"

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2023 2:14 AM

If cringe was a movie it would be this.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2023 2:59 AM

And his business partner/best friend is transgender

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2023 3:17 AM

Horrible. Trite, yet one-note. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner 2023, edition.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2023 3:56 AM

this sounds atrocious

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2023 4:10 AM

In what universe would smoking hot David Duchovny and beautiful Julia L-D spawn the lump of rotting flesh that IS Jonah Hill?

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2023 4:12 AM

That greased back hair with the dark roots and blonde ends looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2023 4:14 AM

Horrible, awful, terrible. It starts grating about 10 minutes in. The only believable relationship on the show is between Jonah and his podcast host friend. Otherwise it's 90 minutes of watching white people make fools of themselves in front of black people.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2023 4:46 AM

[quote]In what universe would smoking hot David Duchovny and beautiful Julia L-D spawn the lump of rotting flesh that IS Jonah Hill?

Alien impregnation, perhaps? Maybe this series is a stealth reboot of the X-Files.

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2023 5:06 AM

Jonah wishes he looked as good as Julia's sons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2023 5:22 AM

I saw on LSA they had to cgi a kiss between Jonah and Lauren. I wonder who refused to do that scene properly 🤔

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2023 9:22 AM

R17 Would bet money on it being Lauren London. Probably hasn’t kissed anyone else since Nipsey Hussle’s death.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2023 9:31 AM

R18 kind of a weird choice for an actress to make but good for her i guess....?

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2023 10:16 AM

I thought this movie was actually funny and the performances good. But I think they made Lauren’s parents a little too racist. I mean they are practically anti semitic and it’s treated like a joke. And it doesn’t give off dark comedy vibes. Dreyfus’s character is not on the same level of bias towards Lauren as Eddie is towards Jonah Hill.

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2023 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!