Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everett Quinton is dead to me.

Downtown NYC Theater Pioneer And Champion Of The Ridiculous Was 71

I know this was (barely) mentioned on a theater thread but I think he deserves his own obit.

Loved him and The Mystery of Irma Vep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2023 8:05 PM

thanks OP /

Lucky enough to see Eveerett and Charles Ludlam perform / comfortable not having the spotlight on himself / a bygone era

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 7:51 AM

Saw a lot of his work.

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 12:11 PM

I'm so happy I got to see him perform. LaMama produced "Conquest of the Universe" about 10 years ago and it was fucking queer brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2023 2:07 PM

Rest in power, Everett.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 6:49 PM

Everett and Ludlam in The Mystery of Irma Vep was one of the most amazing tour de force two handers I've ever seen. And even after Ludlam passed, Everett and Black Eyed Susan did Medea where they switched roles every night between Medea and the nurse and they were both brilliant. Everett Quinton was truly an unsung talent, very overshadowed by Ludlam.

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2023 6:54 PM

I thought I spotted him for a fleeting moment in Bros and indeed he was.

by Anonymousreply 6January 28, 2023 7:04 PM

[quote] LaMama produced "Conquest of the Universe" and it was fucking queer brilliance.

What? Were homosexuals fornicating on stage?

by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2023 8:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!