Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can we finally just admit that WhatsApp is a pain in ass?

You know WhatsApp. That third party app you must use to text friends and family who are too cheap to buy an iPhone.

The iPhone’s built-in messaging app is perfect. If you text another iPhone user it sends an iMessage and if you text someone without an iPhone it sends an SMS. It’s very simple. Why can’t non-iPhone users just use SMS? I’m not sure about other countries, but at least in the US, most major carriers these days give you unlimited worldwide SMS. WhatsApp is clunky, and when you’re having conversations with multiple people, it’s a pain to have to switch to another app just for one person.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 3:08 AM

I think you’re alone on this. WhatsApp is perfect for international friends.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 2:39 AM

Oh yes 100% OP.

It's a right royal pain in the arse. And some people seem to live on it and expect you to as well.

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 2:42 AM

Don't know what the problem is, OP, I have Android and my pleasant lover had Iphone and there's no problem texting without whatsapp.

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2023 3:04 AM

If you are trying to contact people who you don’t want to have your phone number or wish to remain discreet, WhatsApp is used.

It’s essentially for cheating, hooking up, and illegal activities like drugs and prostitution.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 3:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!