Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jane Fonda says she’s ‘worried’ about Sydney Sweeney’s Barbarella remake

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2023 12:52 PM

Is Sweeney a T?

I've never understood what the big deal about Sweeney is, but figured it must be something along those lines.

If not, I'm surprised that they'd remake Barbarella with someone who is NOT, given the climate in Hollywood right now desperately trying to ride the "diversity" wave.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 2:20 AM

Sweeney's boobs are four times larger than Jane's were until she married Ted. This explains why the film requires a remake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 2:27 AM

Sidney is so boring. Everything about is a snooze. She looks like she's dying of boredom. Because she's so fucking boring.

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2023 2:33 AM

Sweeney SWEENEY SWEEEEEE-NEEEEEEEY!!!

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 2:33 AM

She’s worried what the new movie will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2023 2:50 AM

[quote]r4 Sweeney SWEENEY SWEEEEEE-NEEEEEEEY!!!

[italic]cue factory whistle

by Anonymousreply 6January 28, 2023 2:54 AM

Aside from the tits, I don't get Sydney Sweeney's appeal. In every one of the pics I've seen of her she's so...[italic]bovine.[/italic]. Kind of like Beyonce--the big cow eyes that evince no intellectual life. No spark.

Is she always a mouth-breather onscreen, or does she give that look to the still camera in the mistaken belief it makes her look sultry/sexy?

by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2023 3:03 AM

She's worried about 'what it's going to be'? I think she's worried that someone else is picking up her 'iconic' role.

No one thinks more highly of Jane Fonda than Jane Fonda. Always thought she was vain.

As for SS, what R7 said.

by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2023 4:58 AM

Sweeney looks like trailer park trash.

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2023 5:19 AM

Fonda was the high priestess of nepo baby meets Hollywood woke.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2023 5:56 AM

R8 No, Jane has spoken about her disappointment about Barbarella. She was portrayed as naive and innocent and vulnerable to men. She was like Snow White in space.

Jane said years ago she would have wanted it redone where Barbarella was strong. Instead of being scared in the orgasm machine, she would have laughed until it broke. Etc, etc.

Barbarella is very hard because the character is iconic as a visual image. The actual story and personality is up in the air.

She hasn’t been developed the way Batman and Superman or Marvel characters have. She had like one official comic in the 1960’s and then a reboot a few years ago.

So whoever is writing this will be pulling a lot out of their imagination as opposed to reference.

I read the plot for Drew Barrymore’s Barbarella script and it didn’t seem like Barbarella at all. Neither did the Robert Rodriguez outline with Rose McGowan.

Who knows.

She’d have been better off being Barb Wire.

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2023 6:06 AM

I would have hated an overly feminist Barbarella. Sorry but no.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2023 6:10 AM

R12 Well I absolutely think the Sweeney version is going to be ultra feminist. Like with what Hollywood did to Charlie’s Angels, which used to be considered jiggle TV.

But before I saw Barbarella, I always thought she was at least a fighter. Barbarella isn’t really an action movie. I wish it had more of that.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2023 6:24 AM

R8 she had reason to be vain. One of the hottest women to ever be on camera.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2023 11:27 AM

We get a lot of overstatements here on DL and R14's "One of the hottest women to ever be on camera" about Fonda is a prime example.

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2023 12:46 PM

Well good thing everyone is allowed to have an opinion R15. Beauty is subjective not set in stone

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2023 12:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!