Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zoë Lund

There is zero mention of her on this whole site, besides a singular mention in a thread speculating about people who secretly died of AIDS.

Did anyone here ever meet her? Did you share needles?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 1:41 AM

That was the underground. And "Downtown." She was from the gritty grungy druggy orbit, despite her bougie origin. As a teen I befriended Ken Jacobs and Mike Kuchar and Mike showed me how to optical print and stuff like that. They and Mekas were the sage ones. I met Bill Landis and Stanley Strychacki and I went to their movie nights at Club 57 and Mudd Club where I met Zoë, who was an angel. She was the same age as I was but I was a nobody teen and I thought she was very glamorous and a downtown star but I was also aware of the nihilism in her milieu. Zoe's ancient lover gave me the creeps for example. And drugs drugs drugs. At those clubs you met all the legends before their glory, mostly. By the mid 80s when I returned to NY after college, some were already in their decline and a few dead. I didn't touch drugs from mid HS until after college so never did heroine with anyone in those years. I never saw her again as my explorations shifted to the very rich as well as to the big money commercial milieu of art and fashion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 1:38 AM

linky stinky?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 1:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!