Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Delicious Idea for Dinner

Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions for dinner the other night. I ended up taking the fish suggestion and it was delicious.

Last night I made something that was so good—some of you might want to give it a go.

Pork Marsala with Angel Hair and Broccoli Rabé

In addition to blanketing the pork medallions, the Marsala and mushroom pan reduction acts as a sauce for the angel hair. That lovely sweetness is balanced by the bitter greens which were first blanched and then sautéed in olive oil, sliced garlic, and red pepper flakes, before being given a big squeeze of lemon and sprinkled with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper.

I think you'll love it!

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2023 6:33 PM

Hi, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 8:20 PM

Hey, R1! How are you?

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 8:25 PM

Fuck off, Greg. You're a needy pest.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 8:26 PM

Oh, okay, R3. Whatever you say.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 8:27 PM

Yum-- that sounds tasty, Greg.

I don't enjoy cooking much, but I do love eating. Your creations usually sound pretty good!

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 8:27 PM

R3 would much rather read about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex or Todd Chrisley.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote] Yum-- that sounds tasty, Greg. I don't enjoy cooking much, but I do love eating. Your creations usually sound pretty good!

Thanks, R5! "Pretty good?!"

Well, I appreciate your nice words!

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 8:30 PM

Greg, are you going to post the recipe? Please do...ignore the posters with no tastebuds.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 8:32 PM

[quote] Greg, are you going to post the recipe? Please do...ignore the posters with no tastebuds.

Sure! I will be happy to post the recipe. I just have to run out for a few things, but look back here for the recipe.

Thanks, LizArd!

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 8:34 PM

Thanks, Greg. I've found angel hair pasta to be so easy and versatile. You're meal sounds delicious.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 8:34 PM

Thanks, R10. For years I avoided angel hair pasta, in part because I think my mother tended to overcook it and it was too soft for my liking. But served with a dish like this and cooked al dente, I like it very much.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 8:40 PM

OK, Greg, when's the cookbook coming out?

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 8:42 PM

That's the entire recipe? Usually you shit it up by adding something disgusting (that doesn't go with the dish at all).

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 8:48 PM

[quote] That's the entire recipe? Usually you shit it up by adding something disgusting (that doesn't go with the dish at all).

First of all, that is not a recipe. The recipe(s) are forthcoming. This is a menu.

Secondly, I never "shit it up" by adding something that is incompatible to the menu. I would love it if you would provide an example or two (without resorting to writing about your dislike of cod and prunes).

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2023 8:52 PM

My own, 'Oh, dear'

....something that is incompatible [bold] with [/bold] the menu.

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2023 8:54 PM

[quote] OK, Greg, when's the cookbook coming out?

Ha, R12! I wish I could!

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2023 8:54 PM

Interpreting R9….

Shit. I don’t have a recipe for this fake food I “made.” Give me some time steal one I find online.

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2023 8:55 PM

Christ. This selfish, self-absorbed asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2023 8:56 PM

[quote]I just have to run out for a few things

But you're still here.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2023 8:56 PM

Greg honey, most of us see exactly who/what you are. We see you, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2023 8:58 PM

GIVE ME ATTENTION!

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2023 9:16 PM

[bold] GREG'S DELICIOUS & SUPERIOR CHICKEN MARSALA [/bold]

[bold] INGREDIENTS [/bold]

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)

1 cup all-purpose flour

kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

2-1/2 ounces pancetta (about 3 slices), diced into pieces 1 inch long and 1/8 inch wide

8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)

1 medium clove garlic , minced (about 1 teaspoon)

1 tsp. tomato paste

1-1/2 cups Sweet Marsala

1-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice (from 1 small lemon)

1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces, softened

3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

++++

[bold] PROCEDURE [/bold]

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.

2. Heat 12-inch heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat until very hot—about 3 minutes.

3. Trim chicken breasts if necessary and then pat them dry.

4. Place flour in shallow baking dish or pie plate. Season both sides of chicken cutlets with salt and pepper; working one piece at a time, coat both sides with flour. Lift breast from tapered end and shake to remove excess flour; set aside.

5. Add oil to hot sauté pan and heat until shimmering.

6. Place floured cutlets in single layer in sauté pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, flip cutlets and cook on second side until golden brown and meat feels firm when pressed with finger, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to heated plate and return plate to oven.

7. Return sauté pan to low heat and add pancetta; sauté, stirring occasionally and scraping pan bottom to loosen browned bits until pancetta is brown and crisp, about 4 minutes.

8. With slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a plate lined with paper toweling.

9. Add mushrooms to sauté pan and increase heat to medium-high; sauté, stirring occasionally and scraping pan bottom, until liquid released by mushrooms evaporates and mushrooms begin to brown, about 8 minutes.

10. Add garlic, tomato paste, and cooked pancetta; sauté while stirring until tomato paste begins to brown, about 1 minute. Add Marsala; return pan to high heat and simmer vigorously, scraping browned bits from pan bottom, until sauce is slightly syrupy and reduced to about 1 1/4 cups, about 5 minutes.

11. Off heat, add lemon juice and any accumulated juices from chicken; whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in parsley.

12. Pour sauce over chicken and serve at once. [You could also return the chicken to the pan if it needs additional warming.]

I love to serve this with angel hair pasta cooked al dente. Once the pasta is drained, return it to the pan, add some butter, some olive oil, some good sea salt and freshly ground pepper, some finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, and some chopped parsley.

Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2023 10:04 PM

Did you have to rush to the library and jump on a free computer to steal that recipe, dear R22.

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2023 10:09 PM

[quote] Interpreting [R9]….Shit. I don’t have a recipe for this fake food I “made.” Give me some time steal one I find online.

R17, it really doesn't bother me in the least if that's what you think. You're not my audience anyway.

For everyone else, this is exactly how I make chicken or pork Marsala (last night I used pork). If you use pork, just purchase a pork tenderloin and cut it into 2" medallions and then gently pound them into 1/2" to 3/4" pieces. It's delicious!

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2023 10:09 PM

[quote] Did you have to rush to the library and jump on a free computer to steal that recipe, dear [R22].

Yes, that's right, R23. Caught in the act.

by Anonymousreply 25January 27, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote] Christ. This selfish, self-absorbed asshole.

Look inward, R18. What do you contribute here? I am sharing recipes. How pathetic are you to be not only bothered, but to take your time to post such nonsense? Why don't you try being a nicer person and maybe help others occasionally?

by Anonymousreply 26January 27, 2023 10:12 PM

[quote] GIVE ME ATTENTION!

You give me plenty. It's a big turn on. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 27January 27, 2023 10:13 PM

[quote] Greg honey, most of us see exactly who/what you are. We see you, bitch.

Okay, thanks, honey.

Honestly, you sound like the biggest jerk off. You see nothing. You contribute nothing. You are nothing. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Now I have to start tonight's dinner. Would you like to know what I'm making?

by Anonymousreply 28January 27, 2023 10:14 PM

I'm in Flyoverstan. Produce guys at the market don't know what broccoli rabé is. Is there another name for it that they might recognize, or does it just not exist here?

by Anonymousreply 29January 27, 2023 10:16 PM

Broccolini!

by Anonymousreply 30January 27, 2023 10:24 PM

R29, broccoli rabé and broccolini are not technically the same, but if they have broccolini where you are, I suggest you purchase it.

Otherwise, I'd get some sort of greens (mustard greens or some type of chard).

by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2023 10:26 PM

[bold] From allrecipes.com: [/bold]

While broccoli and broccolini are quite similar in flavor, one bite of broccoli rabe and you'll see that it is very different. Broccoli rabe, or rapini, is a cruciferous vegetable with a bitter flavor similar to mustard greens. A gift from the Italians, where it is called cime di rapa (which means "turnip tops"), it's also related to the turnip.

With its small florets and long, slender stems, broccolini can be easily confused with broccoli rabe. But its flavor is sweeter, more refined and delicate. And its stem looks (even tastes) more like asparagus. In fact, Broccolini's original name, Aspabroc (yikes!), was a combination of the vegetables it resembled. Often called baby broccoli, broccolini is a hybrid of broccoli and Chinese broccoli that was developed and trademarked in 1993 by Japan's Sakata Seed Corporation.

by Anonymousreply 32January 27, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote]R29: I'm in Flyoverstan. Produce guys at the market don't know what broccoli rabé is. Is there another name for it that they might recognize, or does it just not exist here?

I too live in Flyoverstan, and had to look it up. A Central Market or Kroger might carry this.

[quote]R28: Now I have to start tonight's dinner. Would you like to know what I'm making?

Yes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2023 10:46 PM

Greg, did you give any thought to my suggestion of Beef Tangine (Moroccan Beef Stew) or are you not a fan of Middle Eastern flavors/dishes?

by Anonymousreply 34January 27, 2023 10:51 PM

Hey PoisonedDragon! Nice to see you.

Tonight I am making pasta e fagioli with a beet, walnut, and chèvre salad and Italian bread.

How about you?

by Anonymousreply 35January 27, 2023 10:51 PM

[quote] Greg, did you give any thought to my suggestion of Beef Tangine (Moroccan Beef Stew) or are you not a fan of Middle Eastern flavors/dishes?

Hey, R34, YES! I love that idea. I will make it when I have a little more time. I love Middle Eastern flavors and dishes. Thank you for sharing that with me. Maybe I'll make it on Sunday. I will definitely post about it!

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2023 10:53 PM

Awesome, I'd love to hear if you do and your thoughts. It's gotten warmer for the past couple days here in NorCal so thoughts of stew have been...set on the back burner lol

by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2023 10:54 PM

I found a decadent recipe for White Oleander cake, and I really want to bake it and then force Greg to eat the whole fucking thing. It has a luxurious bitter almond ganache on top.

by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2023 10:55 PM

Jesus r38, do you ever get sick of yourself and your trollish negativity? Take your shitty shoes outside and go play elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2023 10:57 PM

[quote] Awesome, I'd love to hear if you do and your thoughts. It's gotten warmer for the past couple days here in NorCal so thoughts of stew have been...set on the back burner lol

Yes, it was around 50 degrees in Boston yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2023 10:58 PM

R38 is to be pitied.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2023 10:59 PM

I’m rediscovering classic American recipes from the 1940s - 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2023 11:01 PM

[quote] Why don't you try being a nicer person and maybe help others occasionally?

Is that what you think you're doing?

Your therapist has a bigger job than it seems.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2023 11:12 PM

Yes, R43, that is what I am always trying to do. Unlike some people, I do try my best to be kind, generous, helpful, and basically not an asshole to other people.

You think you're good and sophisticated, but we know the truth. Be an asshole all you want, but I respectfully ask that you leave me out of it. I want nothing to do with you.

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2023 11:41 PM

[quote] I’m rediscovering classic American recipes from the 1940s - 1950s.

Interesting, R42! Can you share with us the kinds of recipes you are rediscovering?

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2023 11:42 PM

[quote] I'm in Flyoverstan. Produce guys at the market don't know what broccoli rabé is. Is there another name for it that they might recognize, or does it just not exist here?

Rapini.

by Anonymousreply 46January 28, 2023 1:02 AM

R13 LOL, he could just plop down a couple undercooked rotten potatoes on the pasta.

by Anonymousreply 47January 28, 2023 1:06 AM

Yes, Greg. There was something very satisfying, comforting and nourishing about some recipes from that time WW2 and the decade that followed. It is the food of our patents and grandparents, yet it lingers in our American food history as being a place of comfort, home and security as we face uncertainties of the future.

by Anonymousreply 48January 28, 2023 1:11 AM

I'm not a troll, R39. I just want to piss on Greg's rotting corpse.

Other than that, I'm a nice reasonable guy. Greg, however, is a monster.

by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2023 1:15 PM

Greg, I see that you've rebranded as Greg 2023! Why not just authenticate? Not trolling, I genuinely think this would be a good idea for you.

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2023 1:43 PM

R34/R37, I think I will make the recipe you shared for Beef Tagine (Moroccan Beef Stew) tomorrow! I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for the good idea!

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2023 2:08 PM

[quote] I'm not a troll, [R39]. I just want to piss on Greg's rotting corpse. Other than that, I'm a nice reasonable guy. Greg, however, is a monster.

R38, whatever you say. What a weirdo you are.

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2023 2:09 PM

[quote] Greg, I see that you've rebranded as Greg 2023! Why not just authenticate? Not trolling, I genuinely think this would be a good idea for you.

Good morning, FrauDuLent! I will take that under consideration. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2023 2:10 PM

[quote] Yes, Greg. There was something very satisfying, comforting and nourishing about some recipes from that time WW2 and the decade that followed. It is the food of our patents and grandparents, yet it lingers in our American food history as being a place of comfort, home and security as we face uncertainties of the future.

Yes, I understand all that. What I was meaning to ask was that you share with us the particular recipes that you are rediscovering and that you like.

by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2023 2:13 PM

Me me me me me me me me MY DL me me me me me.

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2023 2:30 PM

R50, he would have to create another new account. All of his current ones are DeFacto.

by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2023 2:38 PM

[quote] [R50], he would have to create another new account. All of his current ones are DeFacto.

That’s right, R56! How boring you are to keep talking about it. Yes, I admit it. I am DeFacto. I’ve confessed to that many times, yet you persist, as though I deny it. I think [bold] YOU [/bold] are the troll. What more do you want? Stop looking for attention - it’s very unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2023 2:48 PM

[quote] Me me me me me me me me MY DL me me me me me.—It's not your fucking blog, you stewed turd.

Yet, you seem to be making it my blog. Why don’t you stop? You are the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2023 2:50 PM

"Greg" doesn't actually cook. He sits in his basement gnawing on a brick of Velveeta and washing it down with Big Red.

by Anonymousreply 59January 28, 2023 2:58 PM

[italic]His[/italic] basement?

by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2023 3:08 PM

What do you suppose he does with all this food he cooks for his many, many friends who are constantly over to dine?

Because, really, who'd like him?

by Anonymousreply 61January 28, 2023 3:08 PM

[quote] "Greg" doesn't actually cook. He sits in his basement gnawing on a brick of Velveeta and washing it down with Big Red.

Actually, it’s the generic Velveeta that mother buys.

by Anonymousreply 62January 28, 2023 3:16 PM

Greg did adapt this from world renowned chef Drummond?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2023 3:18 PM

[quote] What do you suppose he does with all this food he cooks for his many, many friends who are constantly over to dine? Because, really, who'd like him?

Good question, R61! I don’t have friends over constantly. Also, yes, I am blessed to have a good many friends, but I try to keep the numbers manageable. Who would like me? A lot of people apparently.

What about you?

Oh, to answer your question, I cook for two (with just enough left over for lunch). I am very mindful to not waste food.

by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2023 3:19 PM

R63 - Ah, no.

by Anonymousreply 65January 28, 2023 3:30 PM

R61 don’t you ever think about what a troll you are? Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 66January 28, 2023 9:31 PM

R61, Greg loves to copy celebrity chefs, so he spends a lot of time shoving food up his ass. The thinks that he is modeling himself after Martha Stewart, and her fondness for intero-rectogestion.

He is also stupid, so he doesn't understand that that wasn't really Martha Stewart, but a cartoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 28, 2023 9:54 PM

Projection is obvious R66 and so are you.

by Anonymousreply 68January 28, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote]Greg 2023

Bitch stole my act!

by Anonymousreply 69January 28, 2023 10:00 PM

[quote] [R17], it really doesn't bother me in the least if that's what you think. You're not my audience anyway.

Honey, you don't have "an audience."

You're a troll, not an entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 70January 28, 2023 10:02 PM

Bon appetit, little people!

by Anonymousreply 71January 28, 2023 10:04 PM

Eat shit, Greg:/DeFacto/GGG.

No seriously…eat it with a soup spoon, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 72January 28, 2023 10:07 PM

The trolls are out tonight!

Very entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 73January 28, 2023 10:21 PM

[quote] Honey, you don't have "an audience." You're a troll, not an entertainer.

Oh good! I was wondering when the “honey” troll would arrive. Keep making me laugh!

Oh, and I do have an audience. And you are definitely part of it.

❤️

by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2023 10:23 PM

I have a perfectly wonderful recipe for braised shit preserved in aspic to be served with a silver soup soon, r72! Everyone I know is just mad about it!

by Anonymousreply 75January 28, 2023 10:25 PM

[quote] Greg loves to copy celebrity chefs, so he spends a lot of time shoving food up his ass. The thinks that he is modeling himself after Martha Stewart, and her fondness for intero-rectogestion. He is also stupid, so he doesn't understand that that wasn't really Martha Stewart, but a cartoon.

That’s right, R67, I am stupid. Not at all like you.

The truth is, I feel bad that you make me feel so superior to stupid people. You are the worst sort of person and are an embarrassment to gay men everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2023 10:27 PM

R75, what a sophisticated, intelligent, subtle sense of humor you have. Very much like a ten year old!

by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2023 10:29 PM

More, R72! More! Come on, give us more of your charming wit!

by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2023 10:30 PM

Add prunes and watch defensive Greg come out of the woodwork!

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2023 10:31 PM

R72 must be having a changing now.

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2023 10:36 PM

The longer we distract you in this thread, Greg, the less time you’ll have to troll other ones. Keep posting numb nuts.

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2023 11:15 PM

Oh, okay, R81. Thanks for the advice.

Mwah! 👨‍🍳

by Anonymousreply 82January 28, 2023 11:17 PM

R79, you turn me on.

Keep posting!

by Anonymousreply 83January 28, 2023 11:20 PM

What the heck, R81? You are hardly doing a good job distracting me. I’ve been posting more than ever in other threads.

Don’t worry. I’ll be starting a new thread soon. I’ve been thinking about porchetta. Ever make one?

by Anonymousreply 84January 28, 2023 11:31 PM

[quote]Stop looking for attention - it’s very unattractive...

That was Greg/DeFacto at R57! Telling someone else to stop looing for attention. The fucking irony.

by Anonymousreply 85January 28, 2023 11:34 PM

[quote] That was Greg/DeFacto at [R57]! Telling someone else to stop looing for attention. The fucking irony.

That’s right, R85. Looks like you need a little attention, too.

by Anonymousreply 86January 28, 2023 11:52 PM

I was neutral on Greg until he lashed out in that "Moonstruck glassware" thread by telling the OP that he knew exactly what those glasses were and where to find them, but the OP had joked that he didn't want to hear from Greg, so Greg very happily won't tell him. Very petty and childish. Mention Greg at your peril, it seems. He won't be disrespected!!

by Anonymousreply 87January 29, 2023 12:20 AM

R87 - [bold] GIRL [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 88January 29, 2023 4:29 AM

Time for a red tag for shitty little Greg.

by Anonymousreply 89January 29, 2023 4:34 AM

I beg your pardon.

by Anonymousreply 90January 29, 2023 4:57 AM

Time for a red tag for shitty little Greg.

by Anonymousreply 91January 29, 2023 6:08 AM

Again, I beg your pardon.

Shitty little Greg doesn’t like your tone.

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2023 12:41 PM

[quote] I was neutral on Greg until he lashed out in that "Moonstruck glassware" thread by telling the OP that he knew exactly what those glasses were and where to find them, but the OP had joked that he didn't want to hear from Greg, so Greg very happily won't tell him. Very petty and childish. Mention Greg at your peril, it seems. He won't be disrespected!!

I admire R87 ‘s defense of the OP in search of Moonstruck glassware for his Moonstruck-obsessed sister. However, he sounds like a big Mary.

He claims that I “lashed out” at the OP. The truth is, the OP in that thread ended his post with these words:

[quote] Anyone who can chime in with their expertise is appreciated. Except Greg. Greg and his cod and prunes can go to hell.

So, R87 ‘s umbrage is somewhat misdirected.

No matter, R87 claims to now have me on ignore, which is probably. The best thing. Boy - you have to admit he sounds like a total pussy!

by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2023 12:51 PM

Or a shit tag for little red Greg/Defuckto

by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2023 5:58 PM

[quote] Or a shit tag for little red Greg/Defuckto

What?

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2023 6:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!