Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Data From Cities Show Violent Crime Rates Fell Last Year

A report from the nonpartisan Council on Criminal Justice found that homicides and gun assaults mostly declined in the 35 cities studied and that car thefts rose dramatically.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 11:21 PM

After running on supposed increased crime in cities and on inflation, the GOP is prioritizing a Hunter Biden investigation and remaking the tax system to raise taxes on everyone except the top 5%, which will see a major tax cut

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 5:43 PM

B-b-b-but cities are dangerous! It's a war zone because liberals are freeing all the criminals and locking the cops up! BLUE LIVES MATTER!

Joe Biden, uh, Kamala, something something, liberals! Mayor Pete! Define "woman!"

THEY RUINED M&Ms!!

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 6:11 PM

Fake news

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 6:24 PM

That’s not the corrects headline. Violent crime declined slightly in some cities but is still high compared to pre Covid levels. Other crimes rose,dramatically. Also the white homicide rate actually declined while the black on black homicide rate surged

Dems pretending crime is not an issue for voters lost New York house seats. Which is what led to Repubs taking over. And that’s not just me, that’s what Nancy Pelosi said in a recent NYT interview.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 6:35 PM

..correct..

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 6:36 PM

People like R4 just want their baseless fears to be pandered to. Nationally, violent crime is down, and has been trending down for years.

Even with the above article showing violent crime is down in cities they still want to wring their hands and have people pay attention to them it’s so embarrassing. I thought you people were all about “get real” kind of thing, and then you’re acting like scaredy-cats lol. “I aM ConCERNeD!1!!! 🥴🥴🥴”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 6:49 PM

People who live in actual cities recognize the hysteria over crime for what it is: hysteria driven by right wing forces to undermine Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 7:28 PM

OTOH, criminals serving on Congressional Committee is up way - way up!

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 9:16 PM

Remember 1/6/2021, R4?

If violent crime needs to be vigorously prosecuted, why are Donald Trump and his Republican enablers still on the loose? Why do rich white guys get to foment violent crime but not suffer any consequences?

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 9:23 PM

On the bright side, I'd rather you take my car than my life.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 9:27 PM

Really? My car was stolen twice in the past three months, and was just broken into last week once again. And in this city, my experiences are not that unusual or uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 9:30 PM

Not arguing, R11, but car break-ins aren't violent crime.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 10:33 PM

[Quote] Violent crime declined slightly in some cities but is still high compared to pre Covid levels. Other crimes rose,dramatically. Also the white homicide rate actually declined while the black on black homicide rate surged. Dems pretending crime is not an issue for voters lost New York house seats. Which is what led to Repubs taking over. And that’s not just me, that’s what Nancy Pelosi said in a recent NYT interview.

First, violent crime has been on a steep decline for a few decades now. It went up a blip during COVID, not massive amounts.

Second, the fact that crime goes up every time the economy suffers points to poverty being the cause. Yes it’s always an issue as long as there are huge wealth disparities.

The GOP’s short-sighted option is always only to hire more cops, particularly because cops tend to be GOP supporters. It’s also an easy answer to give to a stupid public. The real answer is to improve the economy and stop having such vast wealth disparities.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 11:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!