Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Belgian Oscar nominee “Closer” about the friendship of two young teen boys

Reviews mention there’s a mid-film tragedy but don’t spell it out.

Spoilers requested, inside please.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2023 9:44 AM

Absolutely astounding film with one of the best performances by Eden Dambrine I have ever seen from a kid. It bugs me that he wasn't nominated because he 100% deserved to be. And how the director got the performance he got out of this kid is beyond me. An intense, intense film. Super recommended.

And I won't spoil it because the turns in the narrative are crucial to the intensity of the story and if you know what's going to happen, you won't connect to the outcome in the same way. Run to see it now!

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 5:35 PM

I wish it was playing near me

by Anonymousreply 2January 29, 2023 1:25 AM

Well crafted film in the "after school special" category. I'm glad I saw it, but Oscar material? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 3January 29, 2023 1:26 AM

I have NIL interest in skinny, weedy children with unformed brains.

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2023 8:44 PM

Leaves more for the rest of us, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2023 8:53 PM

A very good movie that I wished was about something else.

I really related to the first half of the movie, and felt it had a personal connection to my own adolescence. Then the movie shifted in a different direction, and it was still good, but that connection was lost. I'd be curious to know if there were other gay guys with the same reaction.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2023 9:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!