Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jay Leno reportedly suffers broken bones in motorcycle accident

Jay Leno is reportedly recovering from a motorcycle accident last week that left him with several broken bones just months after he sustained serious burns in a fire that broke out in his Los Angeles garage.

Speaking to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the comedian and talk show host revealed that he was knocked off his motorcycle Jan. 17 in an incident that left him with a broken collarbone, two broken ribs and two cracked kneecaps.

“But I’m OK!” Leno, 72, reportedly told the outlet. “I’m OK, I’m working. I’m working this weekend.”

The former “Tonight Show” host said he had been working on a vintage motorcycle and was testing the vehicle out when he noticed the smell of leaking gas.

“So I turned down a side street and cut through a parking lot, and unbeknownst to me, some guy had a wire strung across the parking lot but with no flag hanging from it,” Leno told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “So, you know, I didn’t see it until it was too late. It just clothesline, me and, boom, knocked me off the bike."

“The bike kept going, and you know how that works out," he said.

Representatives for Leno did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The comedian reportedly said he hadn't discussed the motorcycle accident publicly yet due to the overwhelming coverage of his recovery from his burns sustained in November.

Leno suffered serious burns to his hands and chest and third-degree burns to his face after his vintage car erupted in flames Nov. 12 in his Los Angeles garage.

In an exclusive interview on NBC’s “TODAY” show, Leno told Hoda Kotb that he had been working on his vintage 1907 White Motor Co. steam-powered car with a friend when he noticed that the vehicle’s fuel line was clogged.

Leno said he had gone underneath the vehicle to try to fix it. “And I said, ‘Blow some air through the line,’” he recalled. “Then suddenly, boom, I got a face full of gas. And then the pilot light jumped, and my face caught on fire.

“My friend pulled me out and jumped on top of me and kind of smothered the fire,” Leno said.

The comedian was taken by ambulance to a hospital and then sent to the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles, where he received hyperbaric treatment, an oxygen therapy that “can accelerate burn wound healing,” according to the facility's website.

Despite the severity of his injuries, Leno returned to doing stand-up just weeks after the incident. And even after sustaining further injuries this month, the comedian appears undeterred, as he prepares for a venue debut at Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas for a show billed for March 31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2023 8:15 PM

WTF is wrong with this guy?

At his age, the two accidents with severe burns and then broken bones, would have killed anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 1:55 PM

Just die already.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 2:01 PM

Now he’s just showing off.

Like the Black Knight in Monty Python—“It’s just a flesh wound.”

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 2:03 PM

Good thing he didn’t break his chin.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 2:04 PM

Time to slow down a bit & start hanging out with a trusted personal assistant, whose sole focus is to make sure these little accidents, stop happening.

R1? I’m guessing, the beginning of mild to lightly moderate dementia. Let’s hope not.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 2:16 PM

Take a hint, fuckwad: God wants you to die!

"Jay Leno isn't the first American to pull over and help a stranded motorist on the highway, as he keeps doing. But the rest of us don't bring a camera crew!"

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 2:22 PM

doritos manufactured him a lab but his warranty is beginning to expire

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 2:37 PM

[quote]It just clothesline, me and, boom, knocked me off the bike."

I guess editors are always the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 2:40 PM

“From that day forward, the garage was kept under a tight watch…”

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 2:46 PM

[Quote] Good thing he didn't break his chin

It probably broke his fall, r4.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 2:49 PM

It seems like every photo I see of lately he is always wearing the same light blue chambray shirt that looks like it was picked out of a Goodwill dumpster.

I think he's a real fucking kook.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 3:06 PM

I'd say he needs to just stay home but he did just survive a fire in his garage. So maybe he needs to just stay in bed. But then he'll probably narrowly escape accidental suffocation by weighted blanket or something.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 4:41 PM

My late dad used to say, "They're gonna kill themselves on those things" every time a motorcycle zoomed by his car. He often added that he never met a motorcycle rider who wasn't a moron.

Now in my late fifties, I see he was right.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 4:58 PM

Should of landed on his chin. Might have straightened that fucked up face of his out.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2023 5:46 PM

[quote]Should of landed on his chin.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2023 5:49 PM

Good thing he's not an airplane pilot, like Harrison Ford.

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2023 5:51 PM

Third time may be the charm.

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2023 5:52 PM

Jay needs to lay low the medical field will declare him incapacitated just to get him out of their hair lol. At his age 2 random accidents within a year will be translated into medicate, isolate and take the estate. Normal business practice in Nevada in particular.

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2023 6:00 PM

Hey, Conan, what's with the doll with the huge chin in your garage? Why did you stick pins in it?

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2023 6:12 PM

Seriously, with those two accidents causing some severe bodily injury, he's either boozin' or begin to lose some mental capacity. He definitely could benefit from a personal assistant to kind of be a right hand man.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2023 8:14 PM

Trashy idiot.

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2023 8:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!