Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have You Ever Slept in a Bathtub?

You used to see it on TV and movies a lot. Were you comfortable? How did you sleep? What were the circumstances? Was there really nowhere else to sleep? Any favorite or remembered TV or movie scenes?

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2023 6:27 AM

I wouldn’t recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 1:13 PM

Yes, once. I had a stomach virus and the tub was slightly more comfortable than the bathroom floor.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 1:13 PM

Hi mom @ R1! Yes we do that a lot in the family: it's really to die for and you should do it too.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 1:58 PM

Showers can be equally treacherous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 2:16 PM

I don't drink anymore (I'm lucky if I have a few over the coarse of a year), but when I used to, I had this terrible habit of wanting to get into a full bath while hammered. Idk how I didn't drown because I'd fall asleep for the night in there.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 2:26 PM

[quote]You used to see it on TV and movies a lot.

Where? When? What movies and which TV shows? I've never heard of this.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 4:17 PM

As a kid I used to sleep in the bathroom sometimes during IBD flares. I found the floor more comfortable than the tub, though the tub's a better option if you're concerned about someone flinging open the door.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 4:27 PM

yes. One of my foster parents had an iron claw foot tub. When it would get to be 100 degrees and humid I would grab my pillow and a sheet and go sleep in the cool metal tub.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 4:41 PM

Oh yeah

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Is sleeping the same as passing out?

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 4:46 PM

Yes, about 15 years ago when my apartment had bed bugs. It was the only place safe from them until the exterminator came.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 4:48 PM

[quote]I'm lucky if I have a few over the coarse of a year

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 5:03 PM

Now now r12. You have NO IDEA what kind of year gentle r5 has had.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 5:05 PM

Well, I know he’s cute as hell. That much I know.

I just sense it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2023 5:10 PM

I thought people only did that in bad neighborhoods, where bullets would fly at night.

So, no. Floors are softer and more spacious.

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2023 7:15 PM

Technically yes, in the sense that I've nodded off to sleep a couple times. No alcohol or drugs were involved, just a too long, too relaxed soak.

Not in OP's sense of intentionally making a bathtub a place of sleep or rest.

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2023 7:30 PM

"I crawled off to sleep in the bath."--John Lennon

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2023 7:44 PM

No, I can't say I ever have.

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2023 7:47 PM

The mildew is so relaxing.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2023 12:28 AM

I dont even get why anyone would consider a bathtub a good substitute for a bed. Just sleep on the floor or on a couch

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2023 12:44 AM

I’ve fallen asleep in hottubs before, but that’s not really the same thing. I’m too tall to be able to get comfortable enough to sleep in a regular tub. Wouldn’t the floor be better if there’s no bed?

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2023 12:19 PM

[quote] As a kid I used to sleep in the bathroom sometimes during IBD flares.

IBD?

by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2023 12:34 PM

People used to sleep in the bathtub when it was hot, before air conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 23January 30, 2023 12:34 PM

No OP but I've slept in a Bath HOUSE

by Anonymousreply 24January 30, 2023 1:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2023 3:18 AM

I’ve fallen asleep while taking a bath (I was sick) but can’t imagine getting comfy on a cold hard surface.

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2023 3:33 AM

I did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2023 3:41 AM

My mother was a strange and diseased person who banned us from using the shower, screaming about molds and humidity destroying the bathroom tiles. We could only take a bath and not splash too much. Post-bath, we had to show that every corner and nook and cranny had been wiped down and dried to her specs of the moment. She'd scream and carry on hysterically if she thought she saw water drops and we got to hear for the rest of the night how we were trying to destroy the house she worked so hard for.

Do you ever wonder how you were produced by such fucked up, mentally ill specimens?

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2023 3:42 AM

^My point is I haven't slept in one. The bathtub was emotionally overloaded with the screaming harridan in the background and I had to be as quick and unobtrusive as possible.

by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2023 3:49 AM

I’ve fallen asleep during a bath while drunk.

by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2023 3:51 AM

[quote] Dionne Warwick -- the cousin of Whitney Houston, who died in a bathtub 3 years ago and the cousin of Bobbi Kristina, who is clinging to life after almost drowning in a bathtub -- slipped and fell in her shower and ended up hospitalized for almost 2 weeks

Those poor, poor nurses.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2023 5:10 AM

I have…when I was about 10. Visiting my grandparents for Christmas one year and the house was very full. I was the youngest so a bed was made up for me in the bath. There were lots of quilts & cushions but It was still very uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2023 5:21 AM

[quote]yes. One of my foster parents had an iron claw foot tub. When it would get to be 100 degrees and humid I would grab my pillow and a sheet and go sleep in the cool metal tub.

Once in a hotel in Yugoslavia. It was unbearably hot.

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2023 7:08 AM

I've been falling asleep in the tub for forty years. Our tub was metal when I was a child. I would fall asleep when unsupervised, my parents would check on me, let the water out, and I'd turn over, ass to the air, so I could absorb the residual heat...still asleep.

I've never feared drowning in the tub. Now, I usually shower. But sometimes I bathe with lavender epsom salts and doze off in the hot, steaming water. It's lovely. I wake when the water gets cold, and get out.

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2023 9:45 AM

Slept in one during Hurricane Andrew. I was a little kid, my mom shoved us in there for safety.

by Anonymousreply 35February 6, 2023 9:49 AM

[quote]dried to her specs of the moment.

I’ve got my eye on you, Bub.

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2023 2:39 PM

Was he collecting his Razzie Award?

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2023 2:46 PM

I have in a hotel room because my partner snores very loudly. It’s very uncomfortable though.

by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2023 4:02 PM

People with bedbug infestations in their homes often sleep in bathtubs because bedbugs aren't big fans of bathrooms - the tiles and bathtub surface are too slippery for those little fuckers to climb on.

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2023 4:33 PM

Not in a tub, but on a bathroom floor. My dad helped me move cross-country and we had to get a hotel room. We ended up by chance in an accessible room so there was no bathtub, just a flat spot in the corner with a shower.

Well, I discovered that my dad snores so loudly, I had to take all the bedding into the bathroom and sleep on the floor with the door closed (and I could still hear him!)

The funny thing was, after me and my sister moved out for college, my mom started sleeping in my old bedroom. For a long time I thought they might be having problems and were going to end up getting divorced. Nope. She just couldn't sleep with his snoring either.

Eventually he ended up on CPAP and my mom moved back into the bedroom with him.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2023 4:46 PM

Depends who's in the bathtub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2023 5:31 PM

I'd sleep in this one.

It's so glaaam!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2023 11:59 PM

What's a bath tub? Um, actually, what's a bath?

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2023 6:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!