Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He lost 4 dogs at the airport!

Which one of this was you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2023 4:20 AM

I have three dogs, and even if I was Uber wealthy I wouldn’t travel with them for this reason. It’s incredibly stressful for the dogs. Also, they have specific fasteners for dogs you can put AirTags on their collars now.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 6:42 AM

Does he really have four dogs or his he pulling a Brittany?

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 9:48 AM

This proves that emotional support animals for people with "psychiatric disability through companionship” is a real thing. He needed all his dogs to travel.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 10:32 AM

I know this has been all over the public freakout websites and ebaums and such, but the guy didn't have these dogs as emotional support animals. He may have been moving from one country to another. It sounds like the airline at first wouldn't let him confirm the dogs were okay while they were on a layover and switching from one plane to another. Someone contacted the airline and they responded that the passenger was allowed to see his dogs and everything was fine. Hopefully, that was true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 10:39 AM

Thanks for the further details, R34.

It can be terrifying to fly with a dog or dogs, especially one country to another. The airline tells you one set of details but then each individual you speak with tells you something very different. The cargo freight department handles this. No, it's the luggage department. No, it's passenger services. No, it's the animal agent at reservations, at the terminal, the customs office, the... You never get an authoritative answer that isn't in conflict with the last information you received.

You have a 4-hour layover and you have to talk to 10ndiffwrentnpeopke before one knows to who to call who very kindly brings your dog to take out for a piss and to spend some time reassuring him before being him back for the next flight.

They tell you your dog can be collected at the luggage desk, but no, it's at another location, and someone has to be called to walk you there.

If it were even a little bit simple, I might have had a more international dog because he stood up very well to the flying part, even when a shipping container was all destroyed on a flight, but the horrible thing is never knowing with any certainty where you dog is or where you should be to collect him.

How horrible for the man in the video.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 11:28 AM

That would scare me. However, I don't resort to SCREAMING like a lunatic - what was that about?

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 11:32 AM

I agree, R6. He behaved like a childish idiot. It was all very performative, especially approaching travelers who have nothing to do with situation and can't do anything. People who think their pets are the center of everyone's universe are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 12:02 PM

Next time put a tracker on them and go up to a airline agent at the airport and solve the situation.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 12:05 PM

We were completely embarrassed!

- The Dogs

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 4:05 PM

I've travelled with our chihuahua. He's remarkably calm on the flight but when someone knocks on the door he'll go insane.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 8:32 PM

“IF THEY DON’T LISTEN, I’M HITTING THE FLOOR!”

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 10:10 PM

Don't some airlines let you have pets with you in the cabin when you travel? Or did that stop when allergies became more of a factor?

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2023 3:48 AM

[quote] Which one of this was you?

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2023 4:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!