Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Homeland Security Cleared my Global Entry Renewal in One Day

I was shocked. I just hope the IRS will be just as efficient with my tax return. Has anyone ever known an application to turned around that quickly?

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 2:38 PM

Is this code for 'enema'?

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 2:12 AM

I have to fly to Laredo to get my interview - Austin has no interview times - indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 2:18 AM

That reminds me - passport renewals due this year!

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 3:10 AM

I envy you Jet Set girls "on the go".

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 3:12 AM

I got a notification in April of last year advising me that my Global Entry was going to expire shortly, but that they were granting everyone a one-year extension due to COVID and the backlog. Then It wanted me to make an appointment for a new interview for my renewal. So I started looking at availability (this is in L.A.) and there was nothing for MONTHS. Then I thought I'd lucked out and scored an appointment in May! Whoo! Then I noticed it was May of 2023!

Anyway, about a month ago I got a notification that my renewal had been approved (based on the info I input when I scheduled my renewal appointment.) So--no appointment needed! And my new card (good for another five years) arrived in the mail last week.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 4:42 AM

Wow, OP. You must be really important and really beloved.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 5:15 AM

Anyone know why your refund can't be instant?

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 6:33 AM

[quote] That reminds me - passport renewals due this year!

I used the online passport renewal pilot program last year and it was really easy. It was only a few weeks turnaround time.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 8:43 AM

[quote]Wow, OP. You must be really important and really beloved.

Not even close. Just more shocked then anything. I was prepared for 6 weeks to 6 months, not one day.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 12:11 PM

I was having a hard time securing an appointment to renew my GE. I even tried while clearing customs at multiple US airports with no luck. There's a service called Appoint Scanner (literally enter these two words together with a .com in your web browser). You can sign up for a 30 day subscription for a small fee and receive text notifications of appointment availability. This worked for me and I had an appointment scheduled fairly quickly. Warning 1: you have to act immediately when you receive a notification or someone else will snag it. Warning 2: you might receive multiple texts a day and they don't stop until the end of the 30 day period. This can get annoying if you've already scheduled an appointment.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 12:35 PM

r7 They usuallly get processed in a few days unless there's a problem. And you're using direct deposit. But Congress also prevents issuance of refund for returns with Earned Income Credit until February.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 2:32 PM

R5 Same here. Exactly. Also in LA.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 2:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!