Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We still don't know how these child actors died

Lance Kerwin's death has gone unexplained, and it's reminded that many child actors have died recently and we still don't know what killed them in the end. For example:

Philip McKeon--"Tommy," the son of Linda Lavin's character on "Alice," died died back in 2019, "after a long illness.' the family has still never explained what he died of.

Irene Cara -- died in November, 2022. No explanation ever given why.

Adam Rich-- died January 7, 2023. No explanation ever given why.

by Anonymousreply 50March 23, 2023 4:30 PM

Adam Rich - probably drugs

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 1:13 AM

They aren’t child actors any more. They are of an age where people die.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 1:14 AM

Expanding the territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 1:14 AM

They all were young in the 80s, when cocaine was king. Probably all of them damaged their hearts.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 1:19 AM

Gary Coleman.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 1:23 AM

We know what happened to Gary Coleman. We may not know how, but we know what.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 1:26 AM

I didn’t realize McKeon never married. I thought he had married at some point, though I remember a DLer relating the story of Phillip letting him blow him.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 1:27 AM

"We know what happened to Gary Coleman."

I ate him.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 1:30 AM

[quote] They aren’t child actors any more. They are of an age where people die.

You are wrong.

Age of the following at death:

Lance Kerwin: 62

Philip McKeon: 55

Irene Cara: 63

Adam Rich: 54

Life expectancy in the United States for women: 79

Life expectancy in the United States for men: 77

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 2:04 AM

Kerwin was a cute kid and teen, but grew into a grifting has-been pastor. Still, not nearly as bad as some.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 2:09 AM

This thread reeks of Poo Shoes looking for a conspiracy. What they all died of was nunyah.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 2:10 AM

I believe is was a cessation of cardio-pulmonary function and brain activity in each and every case, OP

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 2:21 AM

No doubt they died prematurely - just like the woman in this article.

"Mary Jo was deeply loved - her life was tragically cut short"

(Mary Jo was deep in dementia and had wandered out of her nursing home in the middle of a snow storm and froze to death at age NINETY-SEVEN!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 2:23 AM

All of these actors died at least a full fifteen years younger than their life expectancy.

That's pretty remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2023 2:44 AM

The day she died the neighbors came to snicker: "Well, thats what comes from to much pills and liquor."

But when I saw her laid out like a Queen She was the happiest...corpse... I'd ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2023 2:52 AM

It’s gonna take a lot more than this lot to balance me out, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2023 2:58 AM

[quote]Irene Cara: 63

I didn't know she died recently.

Why do you want to know, OP? You say, "We still don't know how these child actors died," as if you are somehow entitled to or owed this information, OP, but you aren't.

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2023 3:04 AM

[quote]Life expectancy in the United States for women: 79. Life expectancy in the United States for men: 77.

What’s the average lifespan of people with a history of drug and alcohol abuse?

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2023 3:07 AM

When no specific cause of death is revealed then it's a safe bet to assume it was drug related. LIsa Marie Presley died of "cardiac arrest." But what caused it? Probably drugss were involved.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2023 3:08 AM

Don't be a nasty moron, R17. When a person dies, it's common practice to report a cause of death. And when a cause of death is NOT given, that leads to speculation, especially if the person was not very old.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2023 3:23 AM

r17, thanks for sharing with us just how horribly your pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2023 3:37 AM

They were spies, OP. They had top secret info about Jewish space lasers controlled in the basements of child eating cannibal pizza parlors controlled by the Sumerian overlords and Bigfoot but they planted the documents at Trump's Floridian palace so he can play 4D chess with his mortal enema Hilary Clinton.

they all had drug addictions and died, op. you're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2023 3:40 AM

Philip McKeon — AIDS

Irene Cara — anorexia

Adam Rich —drug overdose

Lance Kerwin —long COVID.

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2023 3:43 AM

Who the fuck cares how they died. You're not friends. You're not family. They weren't important people.

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2023 3:44 AM

Lots of adults aren't revealing the cause of death either (Ann Reinking, Ray Liotta, now Cindy Williams)

by Anonymousreply 25February 1, 2023 6:14 AM

r18 even lacking drugs, otherwise healthy people begin having serious medical issues by 40.

some refer to it as a second puberty because of the number of serious changes that begin happening around this age. . . in particular, heart and lung issues as well as the shifts in metabolism, hormones, muscle and fat distribution, etc.

by Anonymousreply 26February 1, 2023 6:19 AM

most common killer of aging celebrities, aside from drugs and mental health issues, is just plain ol' pneumonia...

though some would say in those cases it's more the stress and the hours of their job leading to the inability to recognize when it's just a cold or even the flu and it becomes pneumonia. . . also, being a demographic that is more likely to self medicate with supplements and alternative or over the counter medicine that may only serve to suppress symptoms rather than treat it until it overwhelms their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 27February 1, 2023 6:24 AM

How come you have to be 65 to get the pneumonia vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 28February 1, 2023 6:27 AM

r28 if you have autoimmune issues and related complications, you can get it earlier...

but the thought is that the flu/pneumonia vaccine should be limited is to the reducing the possibility of resistant strains. . . kind of the same of why they treat with antibiotics sparringly, especially as many people quit taking before they complete a series.

by Anonymousreply 29February 1, 2023 6:37 AM

[quote] Who the fuck cares how they died.

How DARE someone ask for gossip about famous people on this forum!

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2023 8:53 PM

I almost made it to 90!

by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2023 8:55 PM

I WANT AN EXPLANATION. AND ANOTHER ONE. AND ANOTHER ONE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2023 8:56 PM

BUT WHAT ABOUT DODIE FROM MY THREE SONS!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2023 8:58 PM

[bold] ADAM RICH [/bold]

It was discovered that Willie Aames had a parasitic twin who was truly number eight, so Adam Rich had to go.

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2023 9:00 PM

Nancy knows! She knows all the secrets of the dead!

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2023 9:13 PM

If we start a Go Fund Me, could we pay someone to exhume the bodies of all these child actors for autopsy?

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2023 9:17 PM

R34 wins

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2023 2:37 PM

At the time these people died, none of them could be considered public figures - they were all private individuals, doing...something. Not so sure about McKeon, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they others were drug related/long term issues stemming from substance abuse.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2023 6:14 PM

DRUGS!!! ALL OF THEM!!!

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2023 6:17 PM

Irene Cara's cause of death was publicly announced about 2 months after she died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2023 6:18 PM

R28 Age 65 is the recommended age to get the pneumonia vaccine. Medicare and health insurance will not cover it before hand so if you have another preexisting condition you will require a doctor's prescription to get it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 21, 2023 6:27 PM

^^Take your Medicare Q&A to a nursing home

by Anonymousreply 42March 21, 2023 6:37 PM

It's none of your fucking business, OP. Just because your fat ass watched someone on TV a hundred years ago does not entitle you to a copy of their death certificate and/or autopsy report.

by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2023 6:38 PM

R41 I had it twice in my 40s because I had allergies and asthma. Doctor's office gave it to me and I never got charged extra for it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2023 6:39 PM

R41. I just turned 60. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I got a Pneumonia shot when I was 58. My Rheumatologist said to get when I asked about it. No prescription. The NP that gave me the shot asked me why I getting it. Told her about RA. She said Okay. Medicaid paid for it. I can't speak for Medicare Part D or private insurance.

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2023 6:42 PM

How is it that Maya Rudolph never played Irene Cara in anything? Too fat?

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2023 7:41 PM

Maya Rudolph should play Martha Raye in a biopic. The two could pass as twins.

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2023 7:49 PM

R34!!

by Anonymousreply 48March 22, 2023 2:35 PM

r46 Many dopplegangers refuse to play those they look similar to.... afraid of getting locked into those roles or inheriting that baggage. They'll say it's because of the craft, wanting to be judged on their abilities rather than their looks but nah, it's largely superstition. . . like playing a gay/lesbian character twice or doing more than one scifi/fantasy film in a five year period.

by Anonymousreply 49March 23, 2023 4:13 PM

[quote] How is it that Maya Rudolph never played Irene Cara in anything? Too fat?

Her titties were not sufficiently horrifying enough.

by Anonymousreply 50March 23, 2023 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!