Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Todrick Hall Reveals How 'Ellen' Scandal Affected Stephen 'tWitch' Boss

The 'Drag Race' judge opened up about the pressure Boss was under following 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' scandal.

Todrick Hall is opening up about his late friend Stephen 'tWitch' Boss' in the wake of his death.

The performer recently spoke with Page Six about the pressure the DJ was feeling in the time leading up to his death by suicide last month, which Hall says stemmed from the scandal surrounding The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where Boss worked, in recent years.

If you need a refresher, in 2020, DeGeneres was accused of running a racist, sexist and toxic environment on her set. The allegations were startling, and they led to an intense wave of criticism, some of which was directed at Boss, who stood by the host as the internet attacked her and the show.

"People were looking at him like, ‘Why are you still supporting this woman,’” he told the publication, “and I think he was under a lot of pressure.” He went on to speculate that the backlash may have played a part in the struggles Boss had in the months leading up to his death.

“I don’t know what was going on in his life that may [have led] him to make that decision but I do understand," Hall continued, sympathizing with the pressure that comes when the whole world is watching—and criticizing. "Right now when I get online some days like right now, if I was in the wrong position of where this abuse would keep happening for years and years and years, there’s only so much a human being can take.”

Hall remembers Boss as someone that was always supportive, kind, and down to earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 1:05 PM

Todrick likes to inject himself into everything, huh?

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Would someone kill themselves over something like that? I believe he had other issues.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 12:54 AM

Are we sure Ellen didn’t kill him and make it look like a suicide?

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 12:56 AM

From the article:

[quote]“I don’t know what was going on in his life...

EXACTLY

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 12:58 AM

It's easy to understand the internal conflict he had between keeping a job that paid his mortgage and supporting such a vile person as Ellen. He had to have experienced a lot of guilt.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 1:00 AM

I wish I could give r4 more than one WW.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 1:04 AM

[quote]Are we sure Ellen didn’t kill him and make it look like a suicide?

She’s capable.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 1:04 AM

[quote] Would someone kill themselves over something like that?

Maybe if he was getting a lot of pressure from the black community in Hollywood.

They can sometimes be pretty harsh, especially on each other.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 1:05 AM

Todrick Hall is a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 1:06 AM

The poor guy had probably been struggling with his mental health for many years. These things don't just happen out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 1:22 AM

[quote]The poor guy had probably been struggling with his mental health for many years.

Yes, according to the article, three years since the Ellen problem started.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 1:24 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/26**14**

Grifter: If you ask the question around town about the person you should never give or loan money to, one of the most popular answers is going to be this singer/multiple reality star (including network reality) (Todrick Hall). He is fast running out of people to scam, but it took a long time to reach that point. Everyone was afraid to say no to him because he would then use his massive social media platforms and call out the person who wouldn't help and then the fan base would descend on the person not willing to help.

Eventually the sheer volume of people overwhelmed even the reality star and he had to back down under waves of pressure and accusations and, if not for a couple of A+/A listers, his career would have been done. Stealing money and sexual assault, not to mention discrimination and sexual harassment are usually things that would bring down someone who is not A list. In his case though, he had information he could use against the people trying to help him, which is why they did. It is why instead of being canceled he has been given a very high paying second chance.

He hasn't learned any of his lessons though and is doing the same thing he did before, confident the A listers will bail him out once again. Or, he might end up dead. He thinks he is safe and protected. He should think again.

Todrick Hall/”The Real Friends of WeHo”

------------------

Personally I never heard of the guy but it seems you all know him well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 3:16 AM

Not buying it r8. I don’t recall any black media outlets mentioning his relationship with Ellen. Unless you have seen something…who called him out for supporting Hellen.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 1:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!