Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tyre Nichols' death

This shocks me. Five black police officers beating another black man, brutally, to death, like a bunch of white cops. I guess a bad cop is a bad cop no matter who they are, but wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2023 12:14 PM

OP How DARE you mention his stupid as fuck name. Tyre, for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2023 12:44 AM

What are you ranting about, R1?

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2023 12:50 AM

"Police chief Cerelyn Davis said the officers' behavior constituted "a failing of basic humanity", that she was "confused" by the officers' aggression, and that it was unclear why the officers stopped Nichols."

Has anyone mentioned that Tyre looks like he 'has a little sugar in him'? What do we know about his personal lfe? And could the perception of gayness have stoked the rage of those monsters?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote]This shocks me. Five black police officers beating another black man, brutally, to death

Black males make up 7% of the US population, yet commit 50% of the violent crime. Statistically, this isn’t shocking.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 10:29 PM

R4 Your statistics are not accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 10:44 PM

No way am I watching that video.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 10:55 PM

R3 he wasn’t a cop so they saw him as “other” and maybe they saw something different about him. I feel like cops behaving like that are in a cult and gang simultaneously. It breaks down society when cops are corrupt. One things for sure, a bunch of sickos found each other. They will probably have to be in solitary confinement but if they get around the other people in jail it won’t be pretty

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 10:56 PM

I think we need to stop blanket-maligning cops. Crimes are committed by individuals- not genres or professions. If a Secretary is arrested for embezzlement, do we indict all of them because 'that's how those people are'?

Most cops are decent people. Like most Accountants, Chefs and hairstylists.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 11:17 PM

R5, your statistics only account for non-fatal violent crime. The numbers are closer to 50% when murder is included.

[quote]Based on data compiled by the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program, it found that while Black people make up 13% of the U.S. population, they were 33% of persons arrested for non-fatal violent crime (NVC), which includes rape, robbery, aggravated assault, and other assaults.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 11:17 PM

Videos are really blurry. Lots of shouting, obscenities.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 11:29 PM

The final video is shocking. It's the only static one and was hanging from a lamppost.

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2023 12:02 AM

I didn't watch and don't plan to. I hope it isn't replayed all weekend since I like to keep up with the news but don't want to inadvertently stumble upon it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2023 12:25 AM

R8, no one in any of the professions you mentioned can kill someone on the job. Police can. It's only understandable law enforcement attracts certain psychopaths for the nearly unenforceable power trip too many of them are on. This is not maligning law enforcement. It's confronting an indisputable fact and problem.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2023 1:11 AM

You need psychos to fight psychos. Do you have the balls to go into the hood at 4am- in 10* weather- and wrestle a perp from his crib?

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote]I didn't watch and don't plan to. I hope it isn't replayed all weekend since I like to keep up with the news but don't want to inadvertently stumble upon it

Yeah, me neither.

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2023 1:58 AM

He never once did what the cops told him to do, and it enraged them. He wouldn't get out of the car; he wouldn't lay on his stomach; he resisted being handcuffed; he sassed; he ran. He was tazed and pepper sprayed and it had no effect...

If he'd followed instructions he'd be alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2023 2:01 AM

[quote] he sassed

lol.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2023 2:02 AM

R13, doctors kill people on the job all the time. Medical malpractice is one of the biggest leading causes of death, doctors are paid even more than cops. Yet, I don’t see people protesting doctors.

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2023 2:23 AM

[quote] This shocks me. Five black police officers beating another black man, brutally, to death, like a bunch of white cops.

"Like a bunch white cops?" You racist scum.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2023 2:25 AM

"You need psychos to fight psychos." R14, psychos are psychos and should not be pulling people over, terrifying them, and then killing them. Psychos, because they're psychos, should not have access to deadly weapons. Tyre Nichols was not a psycho. He was a citizen being beaten to death for no reason, having committed no crime, by four psychos.

"it enraged them." Because he wouldn't get out of the car and "sassed" them, R16 sees that as deserving of murder. R16 also considers it a crime to "sass," whatever that means.

R18, doctors don't murder people by torturing them and beating them until they die. Medical malpractice is not remotely what these cops did, and it isn't deliberate.

Jesus, what a bunch of low-rent idiots you are.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2023 3:05 AM

"by four psychos."

Sorry--five psychos.

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2023 3:06 AM

R20, what these four cops did isn’t even typical of police brutality cases.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2023 3:21 AM

R20, most cops who kill don’t do it deliberately. Yet, they still get protested anyway.

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2023 3:22 AM

No, R22, it was much worse. It was murder.

R23, any cop who kills should have that killing examined and if necessary be prosecuted. And protests are the least of it.

by Anonymousreply 24January 28, 2023 3:24 AM

All I see is cops wrestling with him, chasing him and shouting orders. Then they become so enraged that they start punching him (one gets pepper spray in his eyes and becomes livid). What else could they do? No matter what they try he remains upright or on his side, resisting being cuffed.

I hope they did a toxicology report on Nichols because he acts like he's on PCP, resisting 5 cops' efforts to subdue him.

by Anonymousreply 25January 28, 2023 3:39 AM

Black males make up 7% of the US population, yet commit 50% of the violent crime. Statistically, this isn’t shocking.

R4, I'd like to see the receipt on that claim. In the meanwhile, Tyre Nichols committed no violent crime. In fact, the only ones who did were law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 26January 28, 2023 3:41 AM

"I hope they did a toxicology report on Nichols because he acts like he's on PCP"

R25, you're an expert on a situation like this?

"No matter what they try he remains upright or on his side, resisting being cuffed."

They forced him numerous times into an upright position, and he didn't resist as he couldn't sit up because he was literally beaten almost into a coma at that point.

Your demand that we see a toxicology report suggests one thing: you're saying it was all his fault.

Remind me: what was he even pulled over for?

by Anonymousreply 27January 28, 2023 3:46 AM

I'll ask again: what was he even pulled over for?

So far, the answer to that crucial question hasn't even been broached on this thread except by me. Meanwhile, we have all manner of defense for 5 muscled, multi-weaponed cops and we have the dead man being accused of being a dangerous drug addict, based on nothing.

by Anonymousreply 28January 28, 2023 3:59 AM

Still waiting to hear some responses from the know-it-alls on this thread.

When he was pulled over, he asked, "What did I do?"

I'm asking that as well, unlike most of you, who've determined he must have been guilty.

Clearly that was someone on PCP, right, poster upthread? Asking what did he do? And when he called out before being kicked into a coma for his mother? Clearly it was all his fault. He asked to be murdered, right?

Like I said--low rents on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 29January 28, 2023 4:13 AM

[quote]What do we know about his personal lfe?

He was a skateboarder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 28, 2023 4:27 AM

“ Tyre Nichols was pulled over at a traffic stop for alleged reckless driving. Tyre supposedly then ran away on foot, which forced the officers to approach him”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 28, 2023 4:29 AM

Reckless driving (supposedly)=death sentence?

And why five police officers on this? Five? Any answers there?

by Anonymousreply 32January 28, 2023 4:31 AM

They were so intimidated, these 5 officers who probbaly weigh collectively 1500 pounds, thatthey drag a 140-pound man out of his car, scream at him, taser him, chase him for running off, and kick him into a coma.

by Anonymousreply 33January 28, 2023 4:34 AM

R20- One person has written six of the posts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 34January 28, 2023 4:38 AM

So people want the police abolished and the abolishment of the Second Amendment? lol

by Anonymousreply 35January 28, 2023 4:41 AM

And, R34? Is it because no one else knows how to respond?

by Anonymousreply 36January 28, 2023 4:48 AM

Miss R34 thinks it's unbecoming to respond too often on a thread.

by Anonymousreply 37January 28, 2023 4:49 AM

R35, indicate where that was said anywhere on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 38January 28, 2023 4:53 AM

R35 is an old blocked asshole troll cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39January 28, 2023 4:58 AM

R38, it’s been said all over the site. Did you miss all the threads about the recent shootings? We also have people saying that the police need to be abolished.

by Anonymousreply 40January 28, 2023 5:22 AM

R36/R37/R38/R39 = same dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 41January 28, 2023 5:22 AM

And what are you, cunt R41?

by Anonymousreply 42January 28, 2023 5:24 AM

By the way , R41 is a right wing troll.

by Anonymousreply 43January 28, 2023 5:31 AM

R40, where has that been said here on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 44January 28, 2023 5:33 AM

Girls! You're ALL cunts!

by Anonymousreply 45January 28, 2023 5:38 AM

R45, sorry but there was a young black man who was bludgeoned to death by cops, just in case your old wizened DL ass missed it.

by Anonymousreply 46January 28, 2023 5:41 AM

He was a thug who deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 47January 28, 2023 5:59 AM

That's not what DL is. It's a bunch of troll trash like R35, R41, and R47.

by Anonymousreply 48January 28, 2023 6:04 AM

Sorry R47. Not you.

by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2023 6:05 AM

R46 Dont worry, we have many more. This is what happens when a person cant follow simple instructions.

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2023 7:22 AM

R50 Murder happens?

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2023 7:35 AM

Fuck, before I got out of a car in the US I'd want to be told what the supposed offence was. Is that asking too much?

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2023 10:37 AM

The Tennessee police department has some serious problems and needs public investigation into what is wrong.

They have been in the news twice this year and we are still in January.

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2023 2:59 PM

Apparently another motorist was pulled over and harassed by this “scorpion squad” a few days prior. He called the department twice to file complaints and was completely ignored. The police chief has some explaining to do as to why her department is so corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2023 3:28 PM

[quote]Fuck, before I got out of a car in the US I'd want to be told what the supposed offence was. Is that asking too much?

No such luxury. He was dragged out of the car.

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote]Fuck, before I got out of a car in the US I'd want to be told what the supposed offence was. Is that asking too much?

Unmarked cars with POLICE written on their BACKS. Was he even aware or sure they were police officers and not some guys trying to rob him or engage in road rage?

by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2023 8:40 PM

You sound very naive, OP. All people are capable of brutality. Learn some history.

"The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained"

- A. Solzhenitsyn The Gulag Archipelago

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2023 8:54 PM

I've noticed in ALL these cases of "police brutality" the person being areested ALWAYS resists. Always will not do what the officer asks: get out of the car, put your hands behind your back, put out the cigarette, answer the question. Or they run. And of course the situation excalates due to that. Why do these people not obey the police? The police are authorized to use force if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 58January 29, 2023 12:06 AM

[quote]the situation excalates

It does what?

by Anonymousreply 59January 29, 2023 12:12 AM

But the more there are incidents of police brutality, the more reluctant people are to get out of their cars, lie down on the ground, put their hands behind their back. The police should at least say why they've been pulled over and requested to obey them.

by Anonymousreply 60January 29, 2023 1:29 AM

[quote] It does what?

Escalates. Pardon my typo, Missy.

by Anonymousreply 61January 29, 2023 1:32 AM

There is no such thing as a routine traffic stop for a person of color.

by Anonymousreply 62January 29, 2023 1:44 AM

>>The arrest was made by the so-called Scorpion unit, which has three teams of about 30 street officers who target violent offenders in areas beset by high crime, Davis said.

He may not have actually done anything wrong to get pulled over. Police shouldn't be able to order you out of your vehicle without saying why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 29, 2023 6:19 AM

R57, I'm far from naive, and I know plenty of history, so I don't need a quote from Solzhenitsyn about human nature. But thanks, anyway, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 64January 29, 2023 3:18 PM

"He may not have actually done anything wrong to get pulled over."

He didn't, R63.

by Anonymousreply 65January 29, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote]Why do these people not obey the police?

Because they not gonna be disrespected by no police.

by Anonymousreply 66January 29, 2023 4:30 PM

Jesus. Can Muriel clean house?

by Anonymousreply 67January 29, 2023 4:32 PM

If police ask someone to get out of his car, they should give him a chance to do it before grabbing him and screaming at him. They would never treat a white man like that. This guy didn’t try to get away from them until they tazed him and he could see he was in danger. He was trying to cooperate at first. He kept saying, “Okay, okay, I’m getting on the ground.”

by Anonymousreply 68January 29, 2023 7:40 PM

"They would never treat a white man like that."

At my OP, when I said I was amazed that black men would do that to another black man, I would argue they would do it to anyone else, R68. Otherwise, they have some pretty virulent self-loathing going on. Or five psychopaths just happened to find each other.

by Anonymousreply 69January 29, 2023 7:45 PM

[quote] He was trying to cooperate at first. He kept saying, “Okay, okay, I’m getting on the ground.”

Minor, but very important distinction: He actually said “Okay, okay, I’m on the ground.” The poor guy was on the damn ground. He couldn’t have gone much further down.

by Anonymousreply 70January 29, 2023 7:56 PM

R69 No, Black men are viewed as being worth less by both Blacks and Whites. It’s called Institutional Racism.

by Anonymousreply 71January 29, 2023 8:57 PM

You can't deny the psychopathology, though, R71.

by Anonymousreply 72January 29, 2023 9:47 PM

What what I"ve seen on the video the cops were trying to get him to lie face down on the ground but he was always on his side or in an upright position. I think that's what cops mean when they say "get down on the ground." Lie face down so they can easily be cuffed. I've seen a lot of arrest videos and it happens all that time that the person being arrested will do anything to keep the cops from cuffing them; thrashing, punching, biting, spitting, refusing to lie down, anything to keep the police from doing what they're trying to do.

Why did they stop him? That remains unclear. I don't think they stopped him for no reason at all. And why did he run? That was the absolute worst thing he could have done. Did he think he could get away from these obviously enraged and violent cops? There are still a lot of answered questions.

by Anonymousreply 73January 29, 2023 10:05 PM

They now claim he was driving dangerously which sounds like BS. If it were true, they should have told him before asking him to get out of the car.

I think he ran away in terror - fight or flight. The cops seemed a bunch of incompetents: five of them couldn't handcuff him when he was on his side on the ground? The more they insisted he lie on his stomach, the more they probably freaked him out. Then laid into him out of frustration after he ran. They showed no concern for his injuries after. And why did it take 25 minutes for an ambulance to arrive?

by Anonymousreply 74January 29, 2023 10:23 PM

So the cops sprayed *themselves* with pepper spray? And then cried about it? And then got mad about it and went back to wail on Tyre again?

After Uvalde, everyone said there would be suicides because the cops would be so embarrassed that they acted liked "little bitches." But there weren't.

I'd like to think that even if the Memphis cops don't care about killing someone, they'd at least be embarrassed they sprayed themselves with pepper spray and then cried over it. But that's giving them too much credit.

by Anonymousreply 75January 29, 2023 11:01 PM

The cops were part of a "Scorpion unit", which seems to indicate that they were considered to be really badass. But they behaved like a bunch of thugs; their behavior didn't seem like that of the police at all. They were acting like gang members. How did they get to be cops? They all seem very psychologically disturbed and prone to violence.

by Anonymousreply 76January 29, 2023 11:14 PM

R8 Hairstylists don't habitually gang up and murder people. There is something profoundly wrong with these men. It's like a cult mentality. They even knew they were filmed and they didn't mind. They must have been pretty confident that what they did was normal. A part of the problem is that the police are heavily armed in the US. This is of course a by-product of the fact that they always have to assume everyone else is armed too which must create a feeling as if it's "us" against "them" all the time. I have no idea how to resolve this, but policemen should have a much lower threshold than other jobs for violent behaviour, on the job and in their spare time too. Absolutely inexcusable, long before something so horrible as Tyre Nichol's death happens.

by Anonymousreply 77January 29, 2023 11:19 PM

R33 makes you wonder what they got away with before this event.

by Anonymousreply 78January 30, 2023 10:08 AM

There’s a rumor coming out up in Nashville, or wherever it is this happened that he was having an affair with the wife of one of the cops that killed him.

by Anonymousreply 79January 30, 2023 3:01 PM

These cops have been getting away with harassment for a long time and that makes them feel overly confident and protected, we are going to hear about other cases involving these bullies soon.

by Anonymousreply 80January 30, 2023 3:17 PM

Oh, FFS, r179.

Don’t believe everything you read and hear.

That’s fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 81January 30, 2023 5:30 PM

Why is it ridiculous, R81?

by Anonymousreply 82January 30, 2023 5:42 PM

For a whole lot of reasons.

Way too coincidental.

All 5 cops decided they’d beat this guy to death for the one guy whose wife cheated?

They knew that he would resist?

They knew no other agencies would come (as it was, the Sheriff’s office responded)?

They knew that the EMTs who responded to the scene would take 20+ minutes to start treating him?

There were way more than 5 cops at that scene.

One cannot keep a secret among three people in an office and you think a conspiracy like that could happen?

by Anonymousreply 83January 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Hopefully r4 will get monkeypox. A fatal case, if possible.

by Anonymousreply 84January 30, 2023 6:44 PM

[quote] One cannot keep a secret among three people in an office and you think a conspiracy like that could happen

Judging from that video it DID seem like they had some kind of grudge against Nichols. Their language and ferocity suggest that for some reason they did NOT like this guy. As for the EMTs they were probably just incompetents.

by Anonymousreply 85January 31, 2023 12:36 AM

Where did the rumors come from? Since it is not being reported by any well known news sites, I assume it isn’t true. It would be hard to keep that secret.

by Anonymousreply 86January 31, 2023 12:42 AM

Was I the only one who thought the news media were expecting the story to break out in riots, which never in the end materialized?

by Anonymousreply 87January 31, 2023 2:13 AM

I suppose we're lucky the paramedics didn't make him walk to the truck and that they actually managed to get him to hospital without suffocating him. Those two cunts have been reported as pleading not guilty, but no justification for their deadly actions has been attempted.

by Anonymousreply 88January 31, 2023 5:07 AM

R87, yes you could see they were practically orgasmic at the thought

by Anonymousreply 89January 31, 2023 5:08 AM

"... sorry but there was a young black man who was bludgeoned to death by cops, just in case your old..."

Sorry Virtue Signals, but he died 3 days later in a hospital of cardiac arrest. Has there been a toxicology report released? And if his poor-assed family was looking at a multi-million payout, I wouldn't rule out 'pillow over the face'.

by Anonymousreply 90January 31, 2023 5:31 AM

Praying for you to be murdered by cops, R90

by Anonymousreply 91January 31, 2023 5:40 AM

R90 Textbook MAGA response: “He was probably on drugs and that’s what killed him. Otherwise he was he could have survived that brutal beating - which he totally deserved anyway for disrespecting a cop!”

(Because the guy was a black lowlife, right? It would never happen to me!)

by Anonymousreply 92January 31, 2023 10:59 AM

I hate mankind.

by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2023 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!