Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do the homosexuals like "Yellowstone"?

I'm Yellowstone-curious but it also ... seems like the kind of show my dad would watch. You know. Like a prestige version of "Walker, Texas Ranger."

by Anonymousreply 35February 20, 2023 6:13 AM

I don’t

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2023 11:41 PM

I gave it a try but gave up after a couple of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2023 11:43 PM

Because all the “homos” watch the same things?

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2023 11:43 PM

Why not watch an episode or two and decide for yourself, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 12:04 AM

It's become such a white-wing favorite that I hesitate to give it any time at all.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 12:08 AM

I watched the first season and I liked it well enough. But I never watched beyond that. Or maybe I watched a few eps of season two? Can't remember.

Which says it all.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 12:11 AM

I watched all four seasons on Peacock in less than a week. I couldn't put it down. I was staying up until 2:30-3:00, very late for me. There is no homosexual content. A gay friend is who told me about it. He raved about it so hard, I couldn't not watch.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 12:15 AM

Have you tried asking The Gays? They tend to be more worldly and informed than The Homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 12:27 AM

I am the Both. Or the Either. Just no initials, please.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 12:30 AM

It's well-packaged right wing crap.

But then, so are a lot of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 12:31 AM

Right wing how?

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 12:44 AM

I still want Kevin Costner in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 12:45 AM

My in-laws watched it. I sat with them through a few episodes in the 3rd season and it wasn't terrible. Kind of like Dallas meets Game Of Thrones. Family drama, duplicitous dealings, betrayals, grave-robbing, yada.. I haven't gone back to it but it didn't seem all that political just soapy.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 3:55 AM

It's very soapy and not right wing at all though I can see how right wingers would be oblivious enough to think so. There's a lot of not so subtle anti colonialism and indigenous rights content on it. I believe the daughter character is a bisexualist.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2023 4:02 AM

I’m a watcher. It’s really soapy, and the writing is ridiculous and full of plot holes and plot armour. I find it campy especially the OTT Beth character. I agree that it’s not particularly right wring or pro family values. Just the way adoption is framed is horrendous as the legally adopted child is regularly viewed as not ‘real family’. Almost everyone character is a sociopath. I think MAGAts believe it’s for them because they make fun of Californians and vegans on the show. Otherwise, there are many more progressive concepts like indigenous rights and the environment . The first couple seasons were much better. By season five, it’s clear Taylor Sheridan has checked out. The episodes are filled with musical and scenery fillers, and the storyline is sputtering. The YT subreddit is increasingly filled with fans turned haters who think the show has jumped the shark. The spin-offs are much better imo and not soapy.

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2023 6:54 AM

The cowboys are manly.

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2023 4:47 PM

I watch only to get fuel for my Kevin Costner / Brokeback Mountain fantasies

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2023 2:49 AM

I watched most of the first seasons and was very surprised at how heavily it espouses environmental stewardship, anti capitalism and especially pro indigenous views. I've read it has the largest indigenous recurring cast on TV right now and that's including Reservation Dogs. But yes it's extremely campy and the acting isn't always top tier.

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2023 7:20 PM

It's basically a Dallas/Dynasty mash up.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2023 9:01 PM

No. I recommend Longmire.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2023 9:12 PM

Longmire is a great tandem watch with Yellowstone and it has many of the same themes, albeit much worse acting. It's like if Yellowstone was a sleepy police procedural.

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2023 11:20 PM

I don’t understand how people don’t see how right wing the show is. The “hero” is all about keeping his Montana ranch land from grubby California developers, reparations-demanding Injuns and invading hordes of arrogant and stupid Chinese tourists. The purpose of ranch life is ranch life, unchanged over the generations. His staff is a cult that pledges their lives to his service and all problems can be solved with violence. A few murders in the name of protecting what’s mine are just taking care of business.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2023 6:27 PM

My Dad loved it, but he's a straight Boomer and kind of a homophobe who likes laughing it or deriding anything 'gay'. He's a very big Kevin Costner fan, and will watch literally any Western quality irrespective.

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2023 7:10 PM

I’ve only seen season 1, but the only things remotely gay about Yellowstone are the insults the daughter hurls at her weird brother and FFM threesome tease.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2023 7:16 PM

No hate the language

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2023 9:29 PM

I don't understand how people don't see how much Breaking Bad glorifies drug culture. The "hero" is literally a meth dealer and yeah he kills a lot of people but it's always shown as justified. He's basically depicted as a small business owner. He even has a lawyer and a business partner.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2023 2:31 AM

R26 Breaking Bad was a perfect show, not one bad episode.

by Anonymousreply 27February 20, 2023 2:43 AM

R27 and I'm certainly not comparing it to this one in terms of quality, but anyone who thinks Kevin Costner is the hero of the series is suffering from a major case of media illiteracy. He's the villain. He's the Logan Roy of the show and no one would argue Logan Roy is the hero of Succession.

by Anonymousreply 28February 20, 2023 2:48 AM

A modern "western" by proxy. I'm pretty sure this show is why seemingly 25% of vehicles in rural areas are 3/4 ton black Dodge Ram pickups.

by Anonymousreply 29February 20, 2023 3:04 AM

Everybody on the show is a villain, but we are clearly on team Yellowstone against external enemies.

by Anonymousreply 30February 20, 2023 5:39 AM

I wouldn't be against at least checking it out, but I haven't.

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2023 5:47 AM

[quote]I watch only to get fuel for my Kevin Costner / Brokeback Mountain fantasies

No judgments here, Jacqueline (pronounced 'zha-ka-LEEN').

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2023 5:57 AM

I watch it and really like it.

I don't why gays are expected to fall in line to politically correct tastes only.

It is what it is and enjoy it for that. Who cares if its world view is right wing. It's fiction, peeps!

What do you expect? I can only watch Ru Paul, repeats of Will & Grace and the god awful reboot of Queer As Folk to please the gay mafia?

by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2023 5:59 AM

Not this one.

Actual Yellowstone National Park is much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 34February 20, 2023 6:00 AM

No thank you OP.

by Anonymousreply 35February 20, 2023 6:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!