Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg increases lead over Biden in New Hampshire poll

Joe Biden finds himself trailing Pete Buttigieg in the latest New Hampshire poll where he is tied with Sen. Elizabeth Warren among Democrats – in a state that gave his successful 2020 campaign a rocky start.

Biden's overall popularity is also narrowly under water among Democrats in the state, where some party leaders have warned he could be vulnerable to an internecine challenge due to his low popularity.

Buttigieg led likely Democrats with 23 per cent in the new University of New Hampshire Granite State Poll.

Biden, who came in fifth in New Hampshire in 2020, trails with 18 per cent, tied with the liberal Warren, who has been a supporter of his agenda in the Senate.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who visited the White House this week, is at 15 per cent, with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez at 6 per cent and Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar at 5 per cent.

That shows an uptick for Buttigieg, the telegenic Transportation Secretary who has moved his official residence to Michigan. Back in July, they were virtually tied, with Buttigieg at 17 and Biden at 16 per cent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 1:46 AM

How humiliating for Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2023 10:50 PM

Seriously, R1--tugging up the rear behind AOC?

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2023 10:57 PM

Pete will be president someday. Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2023 11:38 PM

Pete has done a shitty job as Secretary of Transportation.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 12:27 AM

Liberal here. I will never vote for Pete. I will write in Kitara Revanches name before I vote for Pete. THIS is exactly why South Carolina needs to vote before WHITE New Hampshire.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 1:05 AM

A governor of a small city, okay. President? He has a long way to go to convince me of that. Just being gay is NOT a selling point.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 1:07 AM

Shit--I meant MAYOR.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 1:07 AM

I agree that Pete needs to step up if he has Presidential ambitions. That said, he has many qualities that lead me to believe he could be a good one someday.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 1:23 AM

It's like McGovern all over again.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 1:26 AM

Politico mops up Buttigieg and Kamala while calling for newer candidates-------->>"As Democrats bemoan their political bench there’s a frequent glass-is-half-empty refrain about the most-often mentioned prospects waiting behind the 80-year-old in the White House: Kamala Harris can’t win a general election, Pete Buttigieg can’t win a primary"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 1:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!