Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is GOOP a nice person?

[...]

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2023 10:49 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2023 9:19 PM

So, is goop or vic the vampire? Or one of the lads? who stole this hostesses fame mojo?

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2023 9:25 PM

Just don’t grab me by the pussy.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2023 9:27 PM

Goop is the prototype of the underfed, basic biotches, male and female who stride about in leggings as if the world is their private runway.

They are nothing special but convinced otherwise.

They tend to leave out the nepo part of their curriculum vitae, not out of malice, they really do believe hard work got them the goods.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2023 9:39 PM

Apple Martin was expelled from Harvard Westlake for bullying a girl so viciously that it led to a suicide attempt. Had to be picked up by Crossroads for her senior year of high school.

Cousin has kids in LA private schools and said word on the street among parents was that Apple is sociopathic and GOOP and Martin were in complete denial about it.

Must take a lot to expelled from a private school when your parents are that famous…

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2023 9:51 PM

She’s quite charming in interviews and despite the questionable pseudo science of her brand seems pretty centred. In print, some of GP’s comments seem obnoxious but I think the intention is good.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2023 9:53 PM

I have no idea wether these stories are true, but though I find her insufferable i never got a mean vibe out of her. Obliviousness, pretentiousness, entitlement, yes, but not bitchness. People are complex. . And contrary to many i also find her a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2023 9:54 PM

There's nothing about her that really gives off a bitchy vibe tbh. More self-absorbed and shallow but I'm sure pleasant enough around others.

You can find many rich spoiled kids like her who can be a bit annoying at times but still aren't a bad person and can be generous and nice. People like her who are born rich don't see money the same way as a regular person from humble origins. They are used to money, so have little reason to be assholes just for having it. Her Goop brand is weird and cultish but many rich people are into that New Age and metaphysical stuff.

She clearly has some empathy because you need it to be a good actress which she is. She knows her limit, so usually chooses decent roles. Plus you don't hear any stories about her like with Katherine Heigl, Ellen DeGeneres, James Corden, Johnny Depp and Jennifer Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2023 10:00 PM

I want the job of getting a text when one of these "is she nice?" threads are started and then feeding it made-up anedotes. I don't believe any of them.

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2023 10:06 PM

I love to shop and I am interested in new age stuff and love a gimmick, goopdotcom is fun and nuts too. Why is a sweater priced at 700 USD not including taxes? Goop, the persona triggers me. Goop the brand interests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2023 10:10 PM

Who is her market demographic? Upper middle-class or wealthy women? Is her brand even well regarded? Clearly she must be doing something right if the shop is still open.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2023 10:12 PM

A couple weeks ago I saw her on "Shark Tank" and was surprised how good she looked and nice she seemed. David Schwimmer made an unexpected appearance--he and Goop had made a movie together and had a huggy reunion. Schwimmer seemed nice too, but looked Botoxed to toxic levels.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2023 10:18 PM

Jon Stewart thought she was a bitch

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2023 10:18 PM

Define “nice.”

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2023 10:29 PM

Growing up rich and sheltered doesn't make you innately evil. It's about one's upbringing, environment and personality. Being shallow and pretentious makes you annoying but not a bad or mean person.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2023 10:35 PM

Nice is a 4 letter word. Goop got into trouble when she put it out there she can not relate to 30 thousand dollar per year wage earners, she sounded like a datalounger.

30 grand a year is a 15 dollar per hour salary, the federal minimum wage in the US is just under 8 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2023 10:37 PM

She's a cunt and was a mean girl in private school. She tortured an acquaintance of mine who was a much better actress than she has ever been.

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2023 10:41 PM

I think some of them like you, lady.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2023 10:44 PM

I've had no encounters with her but always suspected the poor opinion towards her was perhaps without much foundation. She seems a convenient symbol of the icy mean blonde chic: pretty, privileged, oblivious, and even cruel.

Like a lot of actors, I don't shouldn't suspected she has a massive and deep intelligence. She does, though, exhibit dome curiosity and broad interests. If I had to pick a celebrity to be trapped in a snowed-in airport lounge for many hours and many drinks, I would guess that she might be adept at finding interesting things to talk about outside herself. She has that sort of Junior Leaguer quality about her, the woman who has had a lot of good fortune laid at her feet but who has a practical, capable way about her.

Of course some of the GOOP brand stuff is ridiculous and aimed to garner attention, likewise some of her language about uncoupling, etc. Yet she manages to uncouple without a bad word for her ex and has maintained what seems a good relationship despite the fact that people don't break up because everything is perfect.

99%+ of celebrities I wouldn't walk across the street to meet. Her I'm half curious because of what little i.knpw about her and the intense dislike that so many have for her what seems the same of appearances.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2023 10:44 PM

Who is the woman in the first comment? I’m guessing Emma Forrest.

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2023 10:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!