Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paul Mescal was a bullying, homophobic bully in high school

Here are the posts. Post number 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2023 10:40 PM

Post #2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2023 8:36 PM

Adam Scott is Irish too? Poor guy. He's really had it.

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2023 8:38 PM

If true - that’s disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2023 8:38 PM

"I've lost faith in karma" sounds really naive. Every adult should know there's no true, consistent karma. If it happens, it's just coincidence.

That said, sounds like Mescal was a terror to this person.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2023 8:39 PM

Low slung, malformed ears

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2023 8:42 PM

Karma may still get him.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2023 8:42 PM

Hopefully some day somebody will call him on in a way that forces him to account. The stories sound believable and are very sad. What a little shit he is.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2023 8:43 PM

I wonder if his team feels like he needs to respond with some "I am truly sorry ... I've changed" statement.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2023 8:44 PM

I don't see a problem.

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2023 8:45 PM

Team Paul.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2023 8:47 PM

He sounds like he was a little shit, but people can change, particularly young people.

That having been said, I have never heard of, much less seen, Normal people. Paul Mescal is only a name I recognize because he’s been mentioned here for being in the new Gladiator. Maybe he’s a big name in a small country like Ireland, but he’s not even approaching a household name in America.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2023 8:49 PM

The studios will try to make him a household name R11. Hollywood has been in need of a new male face for some time and he has two.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2023 8:51 PM

I was molested.

Paul Mescal

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2023 8:52 PM

Well, there goes that Oscar, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2023 8:55 PM

R4, maybe not now but maybe in the afterlife....

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2023 8:58 PM

And this Mescal's not even cute so there's no excusing his behavior.

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2023 8:59 PM

^ He looks like he was a boxer in a previous life, like he's *almost* handsome but got hit one too many times in the face.

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2023 9:07 PM

Faith in karma? Lol. Gurl. Karma is not a thing.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2023 9:17 PM

Faggot.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2023 9:17 PM

Let me guess this story was planted by Timothee’s team.

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2023 9:19 PM

Lol R20. 100%.

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2023 9:20 PM

I think we should have some sympathy for Mescal. It was a much more homophobic time when he was in high school back in the nineties.

(Born in 1996? I'd sooner believe he was Class of 1996)

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2023 9:23 PM

Was he a homophobic bully in school or not? It's not entirely clear.

This is from an Ireland reddit thread:

[quote] The Mescal story has been debunked, OP refused to acknowledge it and called me a crazy Mescal fan🙄 This whole controversy is based on one isolated account made by an anonymous throwaway account on Reddit two years ago and the account got basic facts like what Mescal’s parents did for a living and what sport he played, wrong.

[quote] I was in his class. I wasn't friends with him or anything, he was definitely one of the popular lads and I mean come on like, he played Minor for Kildare, could sing/act and was fairly well-built and I.... wasn't. But that didn't stop him from being a gentleman. He's the type who could have used his social standing to be a dick but did the exact opposite of that and would always give you (by that I mean, me) the time of day and wouldn't mind having a conversation with someone way down the pecking order (which is a big thing as a teenager). This is utter garbage which is typical for twitter.

[quote] I was in his year too .. totally agree. I would never say he would do those things and although I'm a girl and never saw the "locker room" antics I never heard anything bad about him. There was homophobia in our school for sure but never heard it coming from him.

[quote] Not that I discount your experience but perhaps another person’s interactions with him weren’t as positive as yours? In any event, some hard evidence or witnesses or something would have to come forward before I actually started believing it to be the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2023 9:24 PM

As usual, Datalounge falls for an anonymous post.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2023 9:33 PM

That sounds exactly like my bullying experience, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2023 9:48 PM

R25, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2023 10:23 PM

At least Paul looks like a man. Enough with the pre-pubescent boys.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2023 10:24 PM

He can slap me, spit on me, throw me on the ground and call me his bitch.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2023 10:33 PM

I care R25. I'm sorry that other students bullied you.

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2023 10:33 PM

R23 He was nice to a girl in school, so he couldn’t possibly have picked on a gay kid? Is that the ridiculous logic we’re supposed to follow?

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2023 10:42 PM

This has the stench of Austin Butler all over it.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2023 10:42 PM

[quote] He was nice to a girl in school, so he couldn’t possibly have picked on a gay kid?

He was also nice to a guy in high school who was socially below him. He appears to have been a very popular kid participating in sports and theater. So was he wonderful to everyone in his class, but he had a thing for humiliating the gay kids at school? That's not impossible at all, but is the evidence one anonymous post, and then we hang him?

Maybe more info will be forthcoming. We live in an time when everyone tells everything, especially about the famous. Paul Mescal is getting increasingly high-profile with an Oscar nomination, accolades for stage performances, and winning highly coveted movie roles. Some reputable and many unreputable online magazines would be more than ready to source a real story about this, so maybe we'll just wait and see what happens.

Stephen Boyd, starring as Frankie Fane in the movie "The Oscar," would know what to do.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2023 11:08 PM

[quote]He was nice to a girl in school, so he couldn’t possibly have picked on a gay kid? Is that the ridiculous logic we’re supposed to follow?

I was thinking the same thing, R30. Do rational people think this way, or is it limited to people who either have an egocentric bias or lack critical thinking skills? I appreciate that one of the other commenters said this:

[quote]Not that I discount your experience but perhaps another person’s interactions with him weren’t as positive as yours?

Reddit post aside, plenty of people are angelic in public and devilish in private. I can understand not wanting to believe something negative about friends and family but dismissing someone else's [reported] experience because you didn't witness it is nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2023 11:18 PM

It wasn't debunked because he was nice to other kids in school - it was debunked because on that thread the OP was asked to provide a few basic details about the time and location and each time was either incorrect or vague, until he got angry and flounced.

It was pretty obviously an EST. Not saying he's a saint or incapable of doing such a thing as I don't know the man, but this particular story didn't pass even basic muster.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2023 11:23 PM

R32 I was responding to the post claiming Mescal was nice to someone who had never heard him make homophobic comments about anyone. Sure. In my experience that’s easy to say when the comments and negativity are not directed towards YOU. I remember being younger and going to a club with friends, and by the time we left, we’d had a horrible experience. All except one of us. Let’s just say he looked much different from the rest of us. He had the greatest night ever and couldn’t understand why we were unhappy. It was as if we had gone to two different places. Clearly the negativity directed towards us was not directed towards him and his experience skewed his perspective with respect to ours.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2023 11:28 PM

Why wouldn't a straight teenage boy be nice to a teenage girl? And why would he exhibit homophobic bullying in front of her?

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2023 12:00 AM

[quote] I care [R25]. I'm sorry that other students bullied you.

Sure ya do, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2023 12:49 AM

This Never Happened.

by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2023 12:50 AM

R38=Paul Mescal and all his girlfriends

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2023 12:51 AM

[quote]That having been said, I have never heard of, much less seen, Normal people.

It was a bore. I watched it halfway through the second episode. And his dong was only impressive for the fact that he let us see it. I don't even remember if he's cut or not.

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2023 1:16 AM

It's an aardvark dick, I think. Uncut.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2023 1:18 AM

R21: I know right! Nah it probably wasn't. He'd be called a hypocrite considering the bullying allegations levied against him from high school, his parents' building, and even from lowlies on film sets.

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2023 5:14 AM

Henry Cavill regularly allowed me to suck on his 9” penis in high school.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2023 5:29 AM

He needs to address if if he even wants one vote. Austin Butler is really coming for him it seems.

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2023 5:36 AM

He’s not winning for a little movie like this. Plus he’s still in the early stages of his career. The nomination is the win for him.

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2023 5:40 AM

This rumour was posted here over 2 years ago, this is not new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2023 5:52 AM

He's not going to win the Oscar, but he'll get some votes, say 5% to 10% of the total. If we could dislodge those votes with this potential Reddit scandal and free the votes up for another more worthy nominee, then the ex-Mescal votes could conceivably push the more worthy nominee into a win. Just thinking out loud.

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2023 5:53 AM

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

It is not as if there aren’t 5 trillion more talented and better looking actors in line to take his place,for heavens sake. Gasp, poor Paul, he might have to get a real job, boo hoo?

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2023 5:59 AM

r48 You type fat.

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2023 6:07 AM

Who to believe? But you know what? I think I’d very much like to…. you know what…..oh yes I would!

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2023 8:33 AM

You never know, r45.

by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2023 8:37 AM

People said it online! It must be true! My sources are reddit posts!

by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2023 8:39 AM

If I read multiple accounts beyond one Reddit post, I might entertain this. Until then, bye.

by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2023 11:47 AM

This is extremely thin gruel.

by Anonymousreply 54January 27, 2023 11:50 AM

Agreed R54. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 55January 27, 2023 12:06 PM

After learning about Paul’s bullying, I’m absolutely disgusted. I’d still fuck him, but now I would feel ashamed afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 56January 27, 2023 12:07 PM

I'm sure Mescal laughs about it now, since most asshole bullies don't ever truly feel guilt. He's successful and rich, and probably thinks even more highly of himself than he did back then.

Just guessing, of course

by Anonymousreply 57January 27, 2023 12:10 PM

R46, if the rumors were from 2 years ago, tht might mean there's credence to the rumors, since these accusations weren't timed around his Oscar nomination but have been around that long.

by Anonymousreply 58January 27, 2023 1:12 PM

He’s a little bit potato-faced, but fairly handsome overall. I’d let him say bad things to me while I did bad things to him.

by Anonymousreply 59January 27, 2023 1:33 PM

Yeah, but pushing you into a locker while calling you a faggot isn’t exactly you doing bad things to him.

by Anonymousreply 60January 27, 2023 4:29 PM

Hot R60.

by Anonymousreply 61January 27, 2023 4:37 PM

I had a different experience with Paul when I, too, was in HS with him.

Paul was one of the kindest yet adventurous lads in school. Very popular and a good mix of sporting and artistic. He was so cute, like he still is today. Our mothers were casual friends and I had played with Paul when we were boys but we grew into different people. I was slight and shy and studious and Paul was the definition of extrovert. He was protective of me.

I had a terrific crush on one of Paul's mates and Paul knew it. That guy was a jerk to me and made me cry. Paul told him off and walked me home and I couldn't stop crying. Paul asked me what was wrong and I told him I really really liked his friend but in a sexual way. That I wanted to kiss him and see his penis. We were walking by the empty pitch at Meyrooth University and I told him I could never make it with a jock like him and his friend. Paul drew me closer with his hug, and said "Don't cry. I'm not into lads but you can experiment with me. I'd be happy to help. Meet me on the pitch tonight after dark, near midnight. I'll be in full, smelly kit, and I'm going to train you and then when we're good and sweaty, you can have me in that thicket over there."

My tears were dry and there was a heat expanding in my groin area and a funny feeling in my stomach and my arse. I was over the moon with excitement, but mystified how to prepare for the RDV....

by Anonymousreply 62January 27, 2023 5:38 PM

He looks like a prolific farter

by Anonymousreply 63January 27, 2023 5:48 PM

For some odd reason, I mix up Paul Mezcal with Pedro Pascal

by Anonymousreply 64January 27, 2023 5:53 PM

news flash... kids are assholes. yawn.

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2023 5:53 PM

R63 for the win!!

by Anonymousreply 66January 27, 2023 5:58 PM

Don't these gay guys know how to deal with bullies? You find out their patterns& day to day activities, set a plan. When I was in Foster care nightmare, I was picked on cause I was the new kid in Central Pa.Very thin, sickly looking but SMART. The HS football was on the verge of state chanps in the 1970'S. Both the quarterback& safety slipped down the marble steps broke bones, Lost the game, no state champs that year. I don't know what happened, but the bullying stopped. I was glad too! A guardian Angel was looking out for me.

by Anonymousreply 67January 27, 2023 6:54 PM

R67 did you fuck them?

by Anonymousreply 68January 27, 2023 6:58 PM

Having a guardian angel hitman isn't in the cards for most gay kids, R67.

by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2023 7:00 PM

He has an Instagram page.

by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2023 7:00 PM

[quote] He has an Instagram page.

Those are fan pages. He deleted his actual Instagram account in 2021.

[quote] It's unclear when exactly Mescal called quits on his social media presence but we do know that his Instagram account seemed to disappear in the spring of last year (2021). He had more than one million followers on the photo and video-sharing platform at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2023 7:09 PM

Forceps issues

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2023 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!