Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tyler Perry: Who Does He Think He's Fooling?

It's so cringe when these obvious closet cases hire women for image purposes. Even worse when they add children to the fuckery. Good thing I never supported his awful movies. And I never will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2023 1:27 AM

Me neither, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2023 11:39 AM

They're the Liberace and Sonja Henie of our time!

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2023 11:59 AM

He was in Aspen last week. Coincidental I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2023 12:07 PM

He's fooling all the little old Black Evangelical grannies who made him rich.

But they would rather believe the fantasy as opposed to the reality of Tyler Perry.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2023 12:16 PM

HE'S A HOMO!!

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2023 12:19 PM

R2 Why Sonja Henie?

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2023 12:29 PM

I used to think he was gay but now I think he's just a femme-Butch straight man if that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2023 12:38 PM

What is the heartbreaking reason? She got an e. coli infection from using one of the communal dildos?

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2023 12:43 PM

R7 How can you be femme and butch at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2023 12:54 PM

By playing the black version of Mrs Doubtfire in several cringe worthy films R9

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2023 12:56 PM

With all his wealth and success, why can't he just come out already? What does he have to lose?

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2023 1:02 PM

R11, I agree!

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2023 1:13 PM

R11 he's scared of the black homophobic fanbase he used to make all his money. They essentially keep him forced in a glass closet but I guess the money is worth his soul. I personally think it's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2023 1:16 PM

R6 Sonja Henie was who Liberace used to claim to crush on, and if R2 hadn't stolen it, it's what I came to say!

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2023 1:28 PM

R9, It's because he looks masculine and doesn't have gay voice or anything. But there's little nuances of him that remind me of a middle aged black woman. Hard to explain. And then the rumors of him effing the actors he cast but I think they may be made up.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2023 1:44 PM

R15 He's not all that masculine and he definitely has hints of gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2023 2:09 PM

R16 is correct. You can see Perry flaming from space and if I were talking to him on the phone without knowing what he looks like I would(correctly) assume I was talking to a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2023 2:12 PM

His old associates from Atlanta already put him on blast years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2023 2:19 PM

Did he break up with Lavernious Coles? Or was it Brock O’Hurn? Or the mad sexy black man from the Old Spice commercials? He has been linked with all three.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2023 2:24 PM

R19 The Old Spice guy is gay?! Seriously? I must've been living under a rock hahaha. I think he has a sexy voice.

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2023 2:33 PM

Straight men as successful as he is at his age would have several children by now. Especially one that is as deep into the church scene as he is. Anymore, any successful Hollywood types in their 40s with tons of money and no kids are dead giveaways for closet cases. Usually those types are very ego driven and want to populate the world with more people like themselves. So not to have any children when you so easily could, is a pink flag on the play.

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2023 2:36 PM

Spot on R21

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2023 3:14 PM

Yeah, I think if TP were straight, he would have been married w/children, by now. Maybe even a 2-3 times (married).

He'd want to have an heir to his fortune and business.

He does look like he's smelling cookies, sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2023 3:18 PM

R23 It's that prissy upper lip of his that kind of dovetails in the middle like a candy heart that makes him look so gay.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2023 3:19 PM

He's as bad a Corey Booker, who suddenly comes up with a girlfriend every time he runs for office. Last one was an entertainment lawyer in Hollywood, while he supposedly lived in Newark, New Jersey. Neighbors never saw him. Second floor of Hawthorne Avenue two-family was turned into a police sub-station. First floor empty. Booker was staying in Manhattan with his man love.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2023 3:21 PM

R16, I think I know what you mean. It's the rhythm of his voice but it's not high pitched and actually deep.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2023 3:22 PM

Doesn’t Perry have a child?

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2023 3:26 PM

Yes he does.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2023 3:36 PM

[quote]a pink flag on the play

this is pretty funny

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2023 3:41 PM

She's a "FAGGOT"!!

Fooling no one with her "hetro Black guy routine"

Gays in Space-ET even can see that!!

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2023 3:53 PM

He's mega rich, lives in Atlanta, loves him some tight black men. If I were him I'd be going hog wild and having the time of my life.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2023 4:25 PM

Tyler "thinks he's fooling" all the people (of which there are many) who accept simple check-box representations of sexuality. That's a lot of his audience. I'm bet he knows there's another subset of people who doubt his sexuality and are on to him. But, he also knows that without definitive "proof" it will all just be gossip and innuendo like it has for myriad celebs before him.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2023 4:38 PM

R25 Why would Rosario Dawson beard for him?

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2023 4:45 PM

He's not merely afraid of his own fans. He's afraid of himself, and of his God. Remember, he is deeply religious, and soaked in a particular brand of homophobic bullshit and toxic masculinity.

Christianity doesn't just kill bodies. It kills souls, too.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2023 4:46 PM

I googled Perry and Lavernius Coles. The search took me to Lipstick Alley of all places. Many of the posters there think that because Perry and Coles were sexually assaulted as young boys, that’s what made them “confused” about their sexuality. Does anyone over there crack open a book on sexuality and sexual identity? So embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2023 4:51 PM

"I'm bet he knows ..." was supposed to be "I bet he knows ..."

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2023 4:51 PM

R35 You realize there are bigoted, old, homophobic, there are fraus, blacks, and Asians who post on on DL. The type of thread will attract the type of poster.

Same logic applies to lipstick alley. What's your iq?

by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2023 5:15 PM

What’s your IQ cunt at r37. I’m quite aware of the trash that posts here on Datalounge. I was talking about Lipstick Alley? Have a seat!

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2023 5:19 PM

R25 Rosario Dawson went along with Corey's farce to further her career. Same reason Shayne Taylor signed-on with Ryan Seacrest. When she only got a one-time cooking episode on his show after three years, she bailed. Now the 48-year-old Ryan has a deal with a 22-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2023 7:19 PM

R38, you stankin ass bitch, talk that shit to someone who cares. You made a blanket ass statement. Now wrap yourself in a grease soaked blanket and light the match. You know the rest.

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2023 7:23 PM

[quote] It's that prissy upper lip of his that kind of dovetails in the middle like a candy heart that makes him look so gay.

R24 the way he holds his mouth it looks like he’s on his way to spit out a loud of cum in the sink.

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2023 9:56 PM

Well, Mom always told me if I did certain things my face would freeze that way.

Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2023 10:18 PM

“Hellur”

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2023 11:32 PM

Didn't he come out on an Oprah interview?

Maybe I'm just remembering a party I went to in Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2023 11:52 PM

Why you mad r40? 😛🤪😛

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2023 12:52 AM

R41 🤣🤣🤣 so accurate!

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2023 9:00 PM

I bet a lot of his fans know damn well he's gay. The thing about "culturally conservative" people is that they want to see their gays acting straight, however transparently!

They think that if a person can't actually *be* straight the least they can do is conform to heteronormative standards, and it's right and proper for "those people" give up their pride and personal happiness rather than rock the boat. Seeing gay people pretend to be straight makes smug heterosexuals feel happy, secure, and that all is right with their world, and Tyler Perry should be ashamed of himself for pandering to them.

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2023 11:12 PM

I think you're right R47 my mom who's an older black lady loves his plays and movies but will also make fun of his mannerisms. "He's too comfortable playing a woman and wearing women's clothes" she'll say. So I think his audience knows....why they wont call him out for his lies is a whole other question.

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2023 11:56 PM

What?! He’s trying to front-and-stunt as actually being straight? I thought he was glass closet but “not talking about my personal life,” blah blah blah, bullshit. Going beyond that in his lies is insane. He’s slept with half the dudes in ATL and is ripe to be taken down publicly. Deservedly so.

by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2023 3:16 AM

Who Does He Think He's Fooling? His mother OP.

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2023 3:32 AM

"It's so cringe"

OP, please learn to write like an adult.

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2023 3:42 AM

Fuck off R51 its the new lingo the kids are using. Get with it gramps. So tired of MARYS on here treating this website like fucking grammar school. These are anonymous posts. A face to face conversation would obviously go differently.

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2023 4:02 AM

Every show Tyler Perry produces is totally cut-rate.

The actors are told to just keep going no matter what, and they'll shoot an entire season of a show in just a few weeks! I guess genre stuff basically only marketed to a black audience doesn't need too many eyeballs to make a profit if produced cheaply enough, right?

You'd think at his level of success he would want to be doing more higher quality work.

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2023 7:07 AM

Forbes estimates his net worth at a billion dollars. He doesn't need to make another movie ever again. Even if there was a big backlash from his fans if he came out, he certainly has enough money to insulate himself from the backlash. He reminds me of closeted Hollywood actors from decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2023 8:00 AM

eg. 1950s or earlier

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2023 8:01 AM

Why is he crawling up Markle's butthole? Is that part of his hiding his gayness from the masses? Or just cynically trying to win over the black female audience?

by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2023 10:28 AM

R56 because he's probably secretly crushing on Harry. He probably tells his staff he'll do the cleaning just so he can sniff the sheets after they leave. He's probably already jokingly asked Markle what side of the bed she sleeps on so he knows what side to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2023 10:32 AM

Then he's on his own in finding Clown Prince Petty attractive. Even Lipstick Alley regulars have been ripping into him over his hair for a few years now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2023 10:42 AM

^please dont link to that horrible website. Its full of crabs in a barrel trying to drag each other down

by Anonymousreply 59January 28, 2023 10:52 AM

There was a recent semi-viral Tiktok with an actor who worked on an episode of "Meet the Browns." He talked about how hectic and chaotic the filming was: episodes filmed in hours, multiple on-the-fly script rewrites, major character changes, etc. Of course at the end, he praises Perry and claims he learned more in a day on the set of his show than he would in ten years of 'acting' school.

by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2023 7:01 PM

R60 I'm sure Tyler taught him how to take the cock to the base without gagging.

In Hollywood, that's more valuable than acting school.

by Anonymousreply 61January 28, 2023 7:03 PM

I think he's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 62January 28, 2023 7:06 PM

He has horrible taste. Here are some photos of his Calif. mansion where Markle stayed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2023 7:16 PM

Every AA viewer, including grandmothers and casual fan have long suspected he’s gay—and don’t seem to care.

He should re-direct his bearding into his productions.

Girl, no one care.

by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2023 7:26 PM

Tyler Perry isn’t out??

Whoa

by Anonymousreply 65January 28, 2023 7:26 PM

R64 It’s like when Da Brat came out the closet and everyone was shocked she thought she was in it.

by Anonymousreply 66January 28, 2023 7:28 PM

I legitimately thought he had been out for the last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 67January 28, 2023 7:32 PM

Just like Luther Vandross. Folks knew, especially women, but acknowledging that distracted from the fantasies that Luther was singing about them.

by Anonymousreply 68January 28, 2023 8:05 PM

Yeah Madea fans have expanded way beyond black church ladies, that was his starter audience. People I know with kids throw on Madea in Space or Madea Halloween and they love that shit to keep them entertained.

He is 53, one of the mostly wealthy people in Hollywood, and well past the age where people care who he's sleeping with. There no reason for him to come out really.

by Anonymousreply 69January 28, 2023 8:40 PM

R69 he doesn't have to come out, just not beard. It's embarrassing and teaching a whole generation of people that to be successful, successful at HIS level, you have to hide who you and pretend you're something else. That being gay is still something shameful.

by Anonymousreply 70January 29, 2023 8:29 AM

What I have learned about being gay and coming out is that you have to teach people how to treat you, how to respect you. He is teaching people that they are right in their assumptions and that being gay IS something you should hide, keep to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 71January 29, 2023 8:30 AM

mercy lord but he is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 72January 29, 2023 8:32 AM

[quote]well past the age where people care who he's sleeping with. There no reason for him to come out really.

That's a joke right?

I mean, how can one type that with a straight face on a gay message board?

by Anonymousreply 73January 29, 2023 10:25 AM

r70 Ive never really seen him beard with several actresses, and we all know that this woman pictured at OP was just very well paid surrogate to have his kid(s). To me its like Queen Latifah, these people have been around forever.

r73 Be real, dont act like you'll become a huge Tyler Perry fan if he comes out. If he or Queen Latifah decide to publicly come out, all you will do is say we knew all along anyway and continue bashing them for not doing so earlier. That is not being supportive to the gay community, and you all barely support most out gay men in Hollywood anyway.

by Anonymousreply 74January 29, 2023 10:40 AM

In my opinion, Jonathan Groff did it best. He came out early in his career and has been working consistently since. And he hasn't been ghettoized in gay characters. In Mindhunter, a very good show by the way, his character was going down on his girlfriend. I was like, you go Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 75January 29, 2023 11:31 AM

R74 - (1) I'm not acting like anything, and (2) his movies suck.

My comment @ R73 comes from the perspective that given this is a gossip board, I found your comment funny.

by Anonymousreply 76January 29, 2023 2:09 PM

R52 I haven't heard a good bitchy response in a while. That was funny.

by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2023 1:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!