Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What does it mean to have no life?

You always hear people saying things like: "That guy has no life."

If somebody has a job and a hobby, but no social life, does that still count as having no life?

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 2:50 PM

OP- Just because you start threads here on the datalounge does not mean you have a life.

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2023 11:59 PM

I’ve never heard anyone say that.

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2023 12:00 AM

OP- You think just because you made a little money you can get a new hairdo and some expensive clothes you can turn yourself into a lady and have a life.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2023 12:05 AM

Not sure about "no life," but "get a life" (which on the surface would seem to indicate the lack of a life) often doesn't mean that someone doesn't have a life, it's a said to emphasize that they should butt out of someone else's business, not be so preoccupied with someone else's life and how they go about it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2023 12:27 AM

I think you're accurate, OP - meaning, that person just doesn't get out and socialize

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2023 12:33 AM

[quote]If somebody has a job and a hobby, but no social life, does that still count as having no life?

Not if he's happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Being on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2023 12:43 AM

R7- That's true for all of us qweens here on the datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2023 12:51 AM

Well, since we’re all here, OP, I have to say your sample size may be skewed a touch in your poll.

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2023 1:12 AM

For me, it means I’m broke until April or May, after catching up on all my bills and paying off some debt.

It has also meant living in a small town, surrounded by a bunch of people I had nothing in common with, and was bored AF, writing on DL.

Surely, it means different things to different people. But you’ve got to have some spending money to have a life outside of work & hanging out inside your house on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2023 1:15 AM

Have at least one orgasm a day 🤛. It’s vital

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2023 1:26 AM

It’s meant only for MAGA Republicans who meddle in the business of others, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2023 1:35 AM

DL >>> Life

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2023 2:19 AM

Oh let’s not fight,just so thrilled to be on “the data lounge” right here where we live, right here in St Louis!

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 2:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!