Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends - 1929 Castle For Sale Irvington New York

It's been for sale on and off since 2013. They were asking $2.4 million then and now they're asking $1.6 million.

This house has GAY appeal because Shirley Partridge and her closeted gay husband at the time Jack Cassidy lived there together with their three sons in the late 1960's when they were both starring in a play on Broadway.

I'm sure the house needs a TON of work but some of the rooms look beautiful. The taxes are very high $51,000 a year which is shockingly high to people from say California who pay very low property taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2023 3:36 PM

That has to be some of the worst photography I've seen. Fire your agent.

And your house sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2023 9:41 PM

Why do all these people with no taste get that and I have taste and have 1000 sq. ft.?

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2023 9:42 PM

Don't start clutching your pearls girls- I just found out that even David Cassidy/ Keith Partridge lived in that house too in the late 1960's.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2023 9:42 PM

I love the property. The house is an absolute heinosity.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2023 9:44 PM

Love the kitchen. The remainder of it can be demolished.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2023 10:20 PM

I’d love to live in Irvington .

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2023 10:26 PM

The kitchen is cheerful. The house is weird and tacky those windows will never keep it warm in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2023 10:27 PM

Would it have killed them to take the bag of tooth flossers off the top of the toilet tank?

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2023 10:34 PM

^ gives it that 'lived in' feel, hun

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2023 10:37 PM

Wouldn't spend five minutes on this wreck but it's a nice piece of land.

Jack Cassidy was a hot daddy back in the day. He was a kinky motherfucker too.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2023 10:40 PM

It is a gothic nightmare. I wonder how many bodies are buried in the woods surrounding the property. I wouldn't/couldn't spend even one night there.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2023 10:44 PM

Unlivable and inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2023 10:45 PM

OMG the black and whites of Jack and Shirley are just TOO gay!

Who is Miss Realtor?

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2023 10:46 PM

The bedrooms are by far the worst part…..the Huggies under the bed…..the orphanage style bunk beds with the sad stickers…whoa

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2023 10:53 PM

[quote]Would it have killed them to take the bag of tooth flossers off the top of the toilet tank?

More alluring than used tampons in the garbage can.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2023 10:56 PM

Shirley, you go on home, I've got to stay in town and talk business with a couple of the guys. Uh - can I borrow a pack of ciggies?

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2023 10:59 PM

Irvington is lovely but one road in and out of town.

The house is ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2023 11:14 PM

The thing I loved most about the house was how well the Cassidy men were hung.

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2023 11:28 PM

Creepy. No thanks

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2023 11:30 PM

R13, if DL living nightmare Greg sold real estate... well, you follow.

by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2023 11:38 PM

R5- THE nicest room in the house is the dining room which is absolutely lovely. The kitchen is just okay.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2023 11:55 PM

Strange and lazy feel to the photos/staging. At least take down the xmas decorations ffs!

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2023 12:08 AM

R5- I like the house NOT the property. What is so great about the property?

It's very hilly and you have that unsightly Jacuzzi and the swimming pool.

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2023 12:17 AM

I bet David masturbated in all of the bathrooms. Cassidy cum everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2023 12:31 AM

Crawl, Cole, crawl!

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2023 12:42 AM

[quote] if DL living nightmare Greg sold real estate... well, you follow.

R20, I’m afraid I don’t follow. Use your words.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2023 11:31 AM

The furniture & paint choices are terrible, the house I’d cool as hell. I love the look of metal casement windows, but they don’t keep out the cold at all.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2023 11:44 AM

The exterior is more than a bit ridiculous. It'ß not a small house, but all the articulation of the fairlyland castle facade is silly. I love the central patio and some of the detialing inside: the dining room and hallway (images 15-18), the living room, main stair, the metal casement windows... The terraces are nice and the lot and Irvington are great. Itś just that ridiculous facade - like a fairytale castle built in the backyard for Daddy's Little Princess.

The interior appears in fine condition; I wouldn't say that 'the house needs a TON of work' -- I don't really see anything that needs to be done. Of course I would have the place painted and some light fixtures replaced and the carpeting (bedrooms, stairs) pulled up and floors polished, some of the bathrooms retiled, one tower room has some ugly sheet plywood paneling easiy to remove, get rid of the tacky hot tub; but those are the sorts of small thing you do when you buy any old house, hardly a ton of work. The roof looks in excellent repair, the gutters and downspouts intact. The metal encased heat units are ugly but provide amazing toasty heat (inside they have large panels of finned copper tubing for radiant heat.) The kicthen looks dated because of the ugly wallpaper and borders; simply stripping that and repainting would do a world of good and it's a good kitchen, actually.

I could maybe live with the house with ivy covering the facade, but the interior is far superior to that goofy facade.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2023 11:58 AM

I love Irvington - Sleepy Hollow! 👻

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2023 12:04 PM

You can’t change the exterior. I’ll bet there’s a covenant in place, but you can remove the tacky stained glass windows!

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2023 12:07 PM

R29- That's a different town a few miles away from Irvington. The story was by Washington Irving.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2023 3:35 PM

The show MAGGIE FLYNN was kind of a flop.....82 performances.....October to January 5.....still plenty of time for the boys to jack off in their rooms.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2023 3:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!