Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone ever ordered from Guy Fieri's Flavortown Kitchen ?

Guy Fieri's Flavortown Kitchen opened up in nearly 200 locations of these 'ghost kitchens' during the start of the pandemic. They are food delivery spots only, so no one can sit and eat in the restaurants, or oder take-out. His venture was not looked upon favorably in some cities, as small mom-and-pop business owners were trying to survive with delivery, and he came in and took advantage of their local market to make a quick buck. (There were three in my general area, now there's only one left).

Has anyone here ever ordered from one of his locations ? If so, how was it - do you recommend ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 6, 2023 10:32 PM

Guy, stop publicizing your eateries here!

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2023 5:44 PM

God, no. I would never order from anywhere associated with him (or even recommended by him).

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2023 5:51 PM

Gross.

And have they changed the name of the Food Network to the Guy Fieri Eat Shit Channel yet?

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2023 5:53 PM

Looking at the menu, I would bet money the only things freshly made are the burgers. Everything else comes pre-made and is warmed up in an oven/microwave.

At that point, just go to Applebees.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2023 6:11 PM

^^^^ That's what I thought, too. Everything looks like it was made in a commissary and shipped to each location frozen - so all the location has to do is microwave it. Very epxensive for frozen foods.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2023 7:05 PM

[quote] Everything looks like it was made in a commissary and shipped to each location frozen

He should think about trying to get a few contracts to supply meals to federal and state penitentiaries with this crap.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2023 8:04 PM

What happened to the "Let's be a Guy Fieri recipe" thread? Can't find it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2023 8:09 PM

I'm looking at the link. Is there any way of finding out the prices before you give them your address?

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2023 8:14 PM

I've always heard that the food from his Flavortown restaurants isn't good. Is it true?

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2023 10:14 PM

I had no idea he has so many restaurants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2023 10:18 PM

I saw he popped up in the trailer for "80 For Brady," which means I will never see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2023 10:28 PM

Guy Fieri picked up where Sandra Lee left off and made MILLION$. Never underestimate the power of White Trash!

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2023 12:02 AM

R8 I just put my zip code in, and it gave me the full (limited) menu with prices. Most of the prices are equal to what you would pay at other places of similar quality. Nothing impressive about the menu.

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2023 1:16 AM

I did eat his cheeseburgers on my last Carnival cruise. They were delicious, but how can you screw up a cheeseburger?

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2023 1:25 PM

[quote] I've always heard that the food from his Flavortown restaurants isn't good. Is it true?

I just remember how his NYC location was decimated in an NYT review.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2023 1:44 PM

GUY FIERI, have you eaten at your new restaurant in Times Square? Have you pulled up one of the 500 seats at Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar and ordered a meal? Did you eat the food? Did it live up to your expectations?

Did panic grip your soul as you stared into the whirling hypno wheel of the menu, where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex? When you saw the burger described as “Guy’s Pat LaFrieda custom blend, all-natural Creekstone Farm Black Angus beef patty, LTOP (lettuce, tomato, onion + pickle), SMC (super-melty-cheese) and a slathering of Donkey Sauce on garlic-buttered brioche,” did your mind touch the void for a minute?

Did you notice that the menu was an unreliable predictor of what actually came to the table? Were the “bourbon butter crunch chips” missing from your Almond Joy cocktail, too? Was your deep-fried “boulder” of ice cream the size of a standard scoop? What exactly about a small salad with four or five miniature croutons makes Guy’s Famous Big Bite Caesar (a) big (b) famous or (c) Guy’s, in any meaningful sense?

Were you struck by how very far from awesome the Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders are? If you hadn’t come up with the recipe yourself, would you ever guess that the shiny tissue of breading that exudes grease onto the plate contains either pretzels or smoked almonds? Did you discern any buttermilk or brine in the white meat, or did you think it tasted like chewy air?

Why is one of the few things on your menu that can be eaten without fear or regret — a lunch-only sandwich of chopped soy-glazed pork with coleslaw and cucumbers — called a Roasted Pork Bahn Mi, when it resembles that item about as much as you resemble Emily Dickinson?

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2023 1:56 PM

Here is the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2023 1:57 PM

[quote]soy-glazed

UGH.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2023 2:30 PM

R16 & R17 - thanks ! I have never ever read a more awful review of a restaurant in my life. However, it apparently didn't do much damage - he lasted five more years in that location, closing Dec 31, 2017. Geez!

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2023 4:19 PM

Trashy tourists will eat shit if you tell them it's a souffle.

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2023 8:11 PM

Tell me you're a lesbian without telling me you're a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2023 8:22 PM

It hasn't been the same since they stopped putting real donkey in the donkey sauce.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2023 8:45 PM

Really interesting youTube video on ghost kitchens

44 different "restaurants" operating out of one location.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 6, 2023 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!