Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anne Heche - Being Gay Is A CHOICE

Anne Heche opens up in her new book (written before she died) that being gay is a CHOICE

"I disagreed that being gay was not a choice. After all, I think choice is power. I had chosen to fall in love with a woman, and I hadn't been with the same sex before," she writes.

Bottom line? Love is a choice – gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 98February 8, 2023 3:55 AM

Bottom line: Anne was a nutcase. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2023 4:46 PM

How can you 'choose' to fall in love?

You can choose to be a gold-digging attention whore, though.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2023 4:46 PM

“I chose to fall in love with a woman” = “I chose to enter into a relationship with Ellen to advance my career”

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2023 4:49 PM

[quote] “I chose to enter into a relationship with Ellen to advance my career”

It didn't advance her career at all. Quite the opposite.

As far as SHE was concerned it was a choice. End of.

[quote]and I hadn't been with the same sex before," she writes.

But you sure as hell thought about it, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2023 5:04 PM

Poor Anne. In the old days she’d be running around a locked stone room in a tower, babbling to herself.

Yet we made her a star.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2023 5:06 PM

If anything, being closeted is a choice. As is coming out. The underlying feelings you can’t choose.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2023 5:08 PM

Ugh whatever. Maybe for females it is. They're the ones pushing the queer nonbinary crap anyhow

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2023 5:10 PM

[quote] Anne Heche - Being Gay Is A CHOICE

He He

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2023 5:10 PM

That means you were never gay, dear...just a typical cluster B crazy bisexual

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2023 5:10 PM

He he, r8.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2023 5:12 PM

Aw God rest her wherever she is, she clearly had a troubled mind x

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2023 5:17 PM

Did her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2023 5:18 PM

I'll punch your heart out, He he!

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2023 5:21 PM

Her 13 year old son has "broken his silence" and spoke out about his mother's death to a reporter for one of the tabloids this week. I didn't bother reading the interview as I can't fathom a 13 year old committed to silence, and then deciding to break it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2023 5:32 PM

Winding up like roasted coffee is a Taster’s Choice.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2023 5:48 PM

Drunken, flame-roasted hooer!

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2023 6:11 PM

You may recall she was also a bit an asshole to The Advocate around the time of her first memoir, when they questioned if her then-husband was anything other than straight.

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2023 6:15 PM

If all you have to do is open your hole, then, yeah, it's a choice.

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2023 6:19 PM

She was always ambitio-sexual. Ultimately, I doubt she ever truly loved anyone.

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2023 6:20 PM

She is the living proof that being gay is not the choice. She chose to be be political lesbian and "fall in love" with Ellen, but her cock hungry pussy soon lead her back to her real sexuality and she was soon married with first husband giving birth to kids, than with second husband.

by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2023 7:04 PM

Well, she consorted with aliens and then crashed her car into a house....so not a reliable font of knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2023 7:18 PM

I would say to her- Being a CUNT is a choice

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2023 7:28 PM

OP didn't provide a link or context, she’s talking about the 1993 Millennium March on Washington for Gay, Lesbian, and Bi Equal Rights and Liberation:

[quote]When you’re at the “Gay March” […] as a newly bona fide, gay activist, and you’re at the podium speaking to a minimum of 1 million flag-waving, rainbow, painted, out-and-proud gay, lesbian, and transgender people and bisexuals it’s [italic]not[/italic] the time to be ignorant. [italic]Or[/italic] stupid. [italic]Or[/italic] ignorant. I was [italic]all[/italic] those things.

[quote]My first message was simple: [italic]“Come out.”[/italic] Then I continued, “Straight people, like I was until very recently, need to know who you are, and not all of you wear it on your sleeve. And as someone who lived the first part of my life as ‘straight,’ I had no idea of the scale of discrimination your face and we have to do something about it!”

[quote](Duh!) [italic]They were doing exactly that![/italic] That’s what the march was all about, Heche!

[…]

[quote]My second message was the real problem. I disagreed that being gay was not a choice. After all, I think choice is power. I had chosen to fall in love with a woman, and I hadn’t been with the same sex before.

[quote]It was as if I called out, “Gay can be a choice! Look at me! I chose to be in love with this woman who is essentially the queen of the [italic]you’re born this way message[/italic], and I [italic]wasn’t[/italic] born this way! I just fell in love! Sexuality can be a ‘heart thing’!”

[quote]I basically said that I just recently became gay, and that I had chosen to when I fell in love with Ellen.

[…]

[quote](Open mouth – insert foot.)

[…]

[quote]I had alienated the entire crowd with one statement. They hated me. I had in one fell, swoop, negated their entire identity, their power numbers, in the community, fuck! [italic]I had negated their colossal, historic protest.[/italic] They were demanding equality, for the selves they were born to be. And the truth is, all I wanted to do was applied each and everyone of them.

[quote]I had a lot to learn about communicating and expressing this love. I was dedicating my life to figuring out how best to approach the world with love. But it wasn’t there, yet, and, with the best intentions in the world, I talked over the truth of many people there.

[quote]What I wanted to do is join the crowd. Help the fight to love without judgment and further at celebration. And I apologize for any confusion about my intent. But the truth is, I was stating something different. I was proclaiming some thing I had discovered by falling in love with Ellen, Commitment, to living in love, the seeds of which I’ve been planted so many years before on a street….

Quoted text is from Google books, not all pages are available with the free preview, the page following the last quoted paragraph is unavailable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2023 8:01 PM

Source for quoted text at R23 ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2023 8:02 PM

When I have questions about the complexity of human sexuality, I always turn first to Anne "Celestia" He he.

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2023 8:39 PM

R23 God, she is even more stupid, then.

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2023 8:50 PM

She was lousy on-screen and a dummy off-screen.

by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2023 9:07 PM

Yes OP let’s take sexuality advice from Anne Heche. What next? How to create a happy work place by Ellen de Generes?

by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2023 9:45 PM

This thoroughly-annoying sookie woman made herself even more irritating by starring in this unwatchable and thoroughly unnecessary remake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2023 9:49 PM

She said it is a choice

by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2023 11:36 PM

Was it her choice to take drugs?

It is my choice to switch her off.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2023 12:10 AM

So is driving your car into someone's living room.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2023 12:36 AM

So is being black.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2023 1:01 AM

It’s a fabulous choice…especially if you love cock.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2023 1:02 AM

It was her choice to be Celestia.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2023 1:12 AM

Then being straight is also a choice

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2023 1:15 AM

This kind of shit is not helpful for LGBT people. And of course our "detractors" are constantly looking for LGBT people who say things like this to use as leverage.

Very disappointing on the part of Heche. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2023 1:38 AM

Celestia made…another choice.

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2023 1:54 AM

Everybody's different. No two people are alike. Nobody gets this.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2023 1:55 AM

She was always getting all fired up about something.

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2023 2:01 AM

[quote]Everybody's different. No two people are alike. Nobody gets this.

Never took a logic class, did you, R39?

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2023 2:02 AM

R17 I had forgotten. Thanks for reminding us that she has always been off. That whole alien thing was so weird, no on wanted to think about it too much. We were appeased with the thought oh she's just a wacky Cali actress, lesbian. Nope. That wasn't it. She was full on bananas. I wish people would just tell things like it is and not try to explain it away. Look at Britney Spears. Loony bin?

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2023 2:03 AM

She also chose to do drugs and slam into a house. Mensa material.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2023 2:04 AM

R43 I thought they didn't find anything in her system.

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2023 2:11 AM

THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2023 2:19 AM

It was a choice for her, naturally. She was a bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2023 2:25 AM

Being a cunt is a choice.

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2023 2:29 AM

She's the only person who can evoke sympathy for Ellen Degeneres. Anne seems like she did use Ellen. Fauxmosexual.

However, those photos of Anne on her final day, sitting in her car in the wife beater, she did ping to me on her final day.

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2023 2:36 AM

Was Ellen even famous in 1993? I thought they got together around 98 or even later than that.

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2023 4:58 AM

They got together in ‘97 or ‘98.

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2023 6:09 AM

[quote] I thought they didn't find anything in her system.

They did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2023 6:19 AM

From R51:

[quote]A blood test taken when Heche arrived at the hospital showed evidence of benzoylecgonine, the inactive metabolite of cocaine, in Heche's body, which means she had used the drug in the past but hadn't used it at the time of the crash, the report said.

[quote]The same goes for the cannabinoids, which were detected in Heche's urine, not blood, which is "consistent with prior use, but not at the time of the injury," a spokesperson for the LA County Medical Examiner-Coroner's office said.

[quote]The presence of fentanyl came from the drug being given to Heche at the hospital, the spokesperson said, which makes it "consistent with therapeutic use."

[quote]There was no alcohol found in Heche's system.

Heche being high at the time of the accidents wouldn't have been a good thing but at least it would explain everything, death and destruction caused by psychosis is terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2023 10:59 PM

Definitely, r52.

How can celeb books gets dates so wrong? Don't they have fact checkers at publishing companies anymore? Rupert Everett got some well known events' dates mixed up in his book, too. Still it can't be nice to have to tell some

by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2023 3:25 AM

This is so touching .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 6, 2023 6:46 PM

Lots of bisexual people make comments along similar lines.

I didn't choose to be gay. I'm OK with it now, but it was never a conscious choice, I'm just attracted to other guys and have never felt anything for a woman.

It's as natural to me as my hair and eye colour.

by Anonymousreply 55February 6, 2023 7:00 PM

I'm guessing her point was that whether it's choice or biology, everyone should be free to do what they want.

by Anonymousreply 56February 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Your own true sexual identity isn't a choice. The only choice one has is to either embrace it or struggle with it forever.

by Anonymousreply 57February 6, 2023 7:13 PM

All of those celebrity tributes were so emotional. Alec Baldwin really loved her. Anna Stuart too. Gone too soon.

by Anonymousreply 58February 6, 2023 7:31 PM

[quote] Maybe for females it is.

I think that is the big difference.

by Anonymousreply 59February 6, 2023 7:33 PM

If you thought she opened up in her book, you shoulda seen the way she opened up when she hit that house.

by Anonymousreply 60February 6, 2023 7:36 PM

It seems so obvious to me that people who are in same-sex relationships and think it's a choice are bisexual and they don't understand what it's like to be strictly sexually attracted to the one sex (ie gay, lesbian or straight). I've been hearing a couple of supposedly "lesbian" women on podcasts saying things like: "you can't know you don't like having sex with penis until you try it" type statements, and each time it turns out these women are actually bisexual and just identify as being lesbian.

Anne did say she was bisexual too anyway, didn't she? So it makes sense she would think this, but it is a total blind spot on her behalf because basically she just couldn't understand what it's like to not be bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 61February 6, 2023 7:41 PM

[quote]If anything, being closeted is a choice. As is coming out. The underlying feelings you can’t choose.

Exactly that. A man is attracted to what he's attracted to, but he chooses to live as a gay man, an openly gay man, a semi-closeted or a closeted one.

All the teary-eyed "why would anyone choose to be gay?!" speeches are self-loathers, another choice of how to live your life.

Baseline gay, straight, of bisexual is only a tiny bit interesting, it's making choices that makes it a person interesting or not

by Anonymousreply 62February 6, 2023 8:32 PM

One would think her book would get more attention considering how much attention her death got.

by Anonymousreply 63February 6, 2023 11:14 PM

This dead cunt can speak for herself. No male has ever chosen to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 64February 6, 2023 11:20 PM

Why do people always say that she used Ellen for a career boost? Anne had acted in a lot of movies before Ellen came along, including Donnie Brasco.

by Anonymousreply 65February 6, 2023 11:21 PM

They made a huge deal of their relationship in the media and that did raise Heche's profile. She was a successful working actress but she was NOT genuinely famous before then.

by Anonymousreply 66February 6, 2023 11:25 PM

I just glanced. But all I can say is that Ms. Hashbrown is the last authority for that kind of philosophy. I’d love to be a boring straight frau just so I’d be a happier person, but guess what? Men are hot and are what turn me on.

I can’t stand the sounds or actions of a horny woman. They’re both obnoxious and clueless on how to truly take care of a man. Giving head was bad in the 50s-60s because women didn’t know to cover their teeth.

by Anonymousreply 67February 6, 2023 11:48 PM

Speeding into a wall is FATE! 🚗

by Anonymousreply 68February 7, 2023 12:13 AM

[quote] Why do people always say that she used Ellen for a career boost? Anne had acted in a lot of movies before Ellen came along, including Donnie Brasco.

Because she did the same to Steve Martin whom she dumped for Ellen?

Heche was the inspiration for Heather Graham's role in the 1999 movie Bowfinger.

by Anonymousreply 69February 7, 2023 4:07 AM

Anne was a fucking nutjob. She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 70February 7, 2023 8:35 AM

I'm pro-choice.

Team Anne all the way!

by Anonymousreply 71February 7, 2023 8:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 7, 2023 9:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 7, 2023 9:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 7, 2023 9:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 7, 2023 9:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 7, 2023 9:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 7, 2023 9:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 7, 2023 9:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 7, 2023 9:11 AM

" Bring gay is a choice."

by Anonymousreply 80February 7, 2023 9:25 AM

r80 well, it's relatively common in women with severe psychiatric disorders... less so in gay men, but prevalent enough to create a stigma in the gay and lesbian community, largely by extension of having once been labeled that by sexuality alone... and the realities that these people, like the 'I'm only gay when I'm using' crowd, tends to be str8 once they're stable and become the poster children for being ex-gay.

by Anonymousreply 81February 7, 2023 9:29 AM

Being, sorry. It was a career choice for AH.

by Anonymousreply 82February 7, 2023 9:31 AM

^ less so with those claiming to choose to be gay men...

we could go through a long list of nutty female celebs that have had lesBian "phases" (most aren't truly bi either.. and unfortunately, adds to the stigma against bisexuals.)...

by Anonymousreply 83February 7, 2023 9:32 AM

Yep.

Anne also chose to die in a car crash.

Choice has power!

by Anonymousreply 84February 7, 2023 9:34 AM

r84 She became a saint! Celestia, our lady of the holy rising phoenix.. She'll return on the wings of a dove and wreak her vengeance across this thread for it's blasphemy!

by Anonymousreply 85February 7, 2023 9:49 AM

Judging by those clips shared above, those women spend more time talking about being a lesbian than doing it. Weird. Us gay men just do it and don't overanalyse it.

by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2023 9:53 AM

R64 I don't know, many men CHOOSE to expirement with the same sex, also I know guys who we can call "late in life bisexuals", maybe they've always been curious but they loved pussy so much and then they get to a certain age and they just want their dick sucked ...

by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2023 10:35 AM

[quote]her new book (written before she died)

Am I the only one who laughed at that?

by Anonymousreply 88February 7, 2023 10:47 AM

r87 There's a prominent theory about tribal sexuality, in where male homosexuality is accepted in youth to reduce high risk pregnancies (with girls, obviously), and in old age, to allow the younger men more opportunities. (given, many women wouldn't make it to old age because of pregnancies.).

One finds that reflected in much of western history in smaller communities, more permissive (at least until the greater public was given a name for it and the oral health crises that followed.) for youth and turned a blind eye to the elderly widowed or confirmed bachelors. Although, internationally, we also find that military brotherhood often included more than brotherly love... just as the more famous amazons, there's many stories of male homosexual warriors. . . but of course, that is frequently minimized for the eunuch they consider gay and fits more conventional stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 89February 7, 2023 10:57 AM

Where do u think madonna sits, r83?

by Anonymousreply 90February 7, 2023 11:15 AM

Nah, that's what "ambitious" people say who use their genitals instead of their brains to get something.

...OR wackjobs.

by Anonymousreply 91February 7, 2023 11:17 AM

r90 attention seeking, soul sucking, nutbar... different breed than say Angelina Jolie but in the same ballpark. BPD is an obvious diagnosis.. especially with how their friendships and relationships go, they don't even holdback with their children. They just express it in different ways. BPD Sexuality is less physical attraction than leaning into the narcissistic and co-dependent.

by Anonymousreply 92February 7, 2023 11:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 7, 2023 11:23 AM

r90

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 7, 2023 11:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 7, 2023 11:45 AM

She ended up frying her own snatch. Gurl was cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 96February 7, 2023 12:17 PM

Political lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 97February 7, 2023 5:07 PM

Annie was right. All gay men choose to be effeminate and get bullied and terrorized for their whole life.

by Anonymousreply 98February 8, 2023 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!