Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Justin Trudeau confronted by crowd of protesters.

JFC has he not got better security??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 28, 2023 1:53 PM

If only he were head of state…

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2023 6:35 AM

Ha! Even Justin thought Canadians were suppose to be polite 😏

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2023 7:01 AM

It sounds like a bunch of right-wing yahoos.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2023 7:07 AM

Just a gaggle of conservative mouthbreathers.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2023 12:12 PM

I think Justin is one of the most irritating characters in public life and I hope he stands down before the next election, but I am stunned at the vitriol. People really hate him. I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2023 1:20 PM

The right-wingers absolutely hate him, R5, whilst why I'm amazed that his security allowed him to walk through this crowd.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2023 3:50 PM

I can't either, R6. I'd bet money he insisted. In the end, they can't stop him, only deal with the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2023 4:29 PM

Crazy shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2023 4:49 PM

Unhinged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2023 10:47 PM

[quote]People really hate him. I had no idea.

R5, I don't think those crazies are representative of the Canadian public. This wasn't even covered by CBC TV on The National.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2023 8:31 AM

I’m glad the media has decided not to give these attention whores any airtime.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2023 8:56 AM

Sadly, nobody took him out.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2023 2:20 PM

He's an utter POS r5. Well hated even outside Canada.

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2023 2:22 PM

[quote] I’m glad the media has decided not to give these attention whores any airtime.

Then you want propaganda. Media should report EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2023 2:37 PM

Hamilton is filled with mouth breathing trash.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2023 2:47 PM

R10, their crazy isn't representative but the last numbers had more than half of respondents preferring him to step down. All politicians have a shelf life, even him.

"Fifty-four per cent of those polled said Trudeau should step down as the leader of the Liberal Party in 2023, though just 27 per cent said they believe he’ll do so. That sentiment reflects a “continuing pattern that we’ve seen since 2019,” Bricker said. `“They simply aren’t back to where they were in 2019 — that sense of an absolute darling that Canadians really got behind, that’s not what Justin Trudeau is,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2023 7:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2023 8:08 PM

R16, I agree that Trudeau has lost some of his popularity, but Ipos is a pro-Conservative pollster, and Darrell Bricker is a long-time conservative, so those numbers aren't necessarily accurate.

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2023 7:12 AM

Oh, fuck off, R18, you drink Trudeau's bathwater. Bricker is long estalbished and trusted pollster. Arguing otherwise is just plugging your ears.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2023 4:24 PM

R19, overreact much? Bricker is a pro-conservative pollster. He even wrote a book with John Ibbitson a decade ago called "The Big Shift" predicting decades of Conservative dominance in Canada. A few years later, the Trudeau Liberals won a Majority, proving him wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2023 7:10 AM

So.... white people? (Twitter user's response to why Trudeau's hated)

"It's a long story. Put simply, everything he does. Guy is ruining Canada. Imagine the most ultra-woke super feminine social justice warrior being in charge of pushing new rules and deciding where to spend budget. Canadians who aren't minorities are being hung out to dry Show replies"

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2023 8:21 AM

MONTREAL—On Monday, Justin Trudeau’s government will enter a make-or-break parliamentary season. Given the average life of past minority governments, this could well be the last full year of the prime minister’s third term. More than a few Liberals fear it could also be the closing chapter of their party’s tenure in power.

Back in 2015, Trudeau rode to power on a cyclical wave of change. In the next election, the Liberals will be running against the tide. In recent Canadian history, no federal incumbent has ever managed to win a fourth consecutive term. This prime minister has never lost a political battle, but there is a first time for everything.

But in this third term, the government’s biggest challenge is on the economic front and even within the Liberal family, there is no consensus as to the way forward.

On this front, some of the most pointed criticism of the Liberal fiscal course comes from inside the tent.

As deputy minister to then-finance minister Paul Martin, David Dodge was on the front line of the mid-’90s Liberal battle on the deficit. Along with other former blue-ribbon Liberal advisers, he cautioned this week that the government could be setting the country on a fiscally unsustainable path.

Those warnings built on Bill Morneau’s recently published memoirs of his time in the federal cabinet. In his book, Trudeau’s former hand-picked finance minister painted a less-than-flattering picture of the government’s approach to economic policy.

The blue Liberals — as the more fiscally conservative constituency within the Liberal party is known — have long been fretting about a decline in their influence under Trudeau. They are becoming more vocal at a sensitive time in the life of the minority government.

But internal unease within the Liberal ranks is not limited to fiscal management.

On the eve of a critical first ministers’ meeting on health-care financing, several MPs — mainly but not exclusively from Ontario — are uneasy over Trudeau’s apparent decision to give premiers such as Doug Ford a pass for expanding the place of for-profit private medicine in the health-care system.

This week, veteran GTA MP Judy Sgro told The Hill Times the prime minister’s wait-and-see reaction was “disappointing.”

By all accounts, Sgro is not alone in that sentiment. The Ontario Liberals, for one, happen to be on the same page.

For their part, Trudeau’s rural MPs along with the government’s Indigenous allies are still wondering how it managed to derail its latest gun control legislation by casting its net so wide as to trigger a hunters’ revolt.

The move came as an unpleasant surprise to the Liberals’ NDP partner and caused a rare public rift between the government and the Assembly of First Nations. A fix has yet to be put forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2023 12:23 PM

On the Quebec front, some of Trudeau’s MPs have serious concerns over the impact of the government’s proposed new version of the Official Languages Act. Trudeau’s bid to increase protection for the French language, coming as it does on the heels of the Quebec government’s tightening up of the province’s language law, is causing a backlash within the party’s anglophone and allophone base.

At the same time, the heat is increasingly on Trudeau’s Quebec MPs over the apparent incapacity of the government to plug the loophole that has seen tens of thousands of irregular refugees walk their way from the United States to the province.

The prospect raised this week by federal Immigration Minister Sean Fraser — that U.S. President Joe Biden’s upcoming visit to Canada will not result in significant progress on the file — has again raised questions as to whether Trudeau is serious about resolving the issue.

The mounting caucus discomfort with the government’s handling of some central files is not — at least for now — translating into unrest over Trudeau’s leadership. That may in part be because there is not in the line of succession a leadership aspirant that fits the profile of a saviour.

But there is no denying that Trudeau’s ranks include more nervous Nellies — as Jean Chrétien used to call those in his caucus who channelled their concerns over their reelection prospects into second-guessing their government — than at just about any time since 2015.

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2023 12:23 PM

Why does he walk without security?

Because his ego tells himself everyone loves him.

by Anonymousreply 24January 28, 2023 1:35 PM

Why does he walk without security?

Because his ego tells himself everyone loves him.

by Anonymousreply 25January 28, 2023 1:35 PM

I always used to think of Canada as being more left leaning than the US on average, but this sort of thing and the covid era showed me they're just as batshit.

It's so unhinged to want to physically harm and intimidate any politician. I've got no love for most of them, but I'd never want to cause them any physical harm. There are so many weirdos around who seem to genuinely think everything that's wrong with their lives can be pinned on one politician.

by Anonymousreply 26January 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Canadians have seen Horse Face in New Zealand resign and they want the same of their own virtue signaller.

by Anonymousreply 27January 28, 2023 1:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!