Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zach Tinker Is Now Gay On Y&R

How many homos are in this one scene? I’ve lost count.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 19, 2023 7:37 PM

So now he plays two gay roles on soaps?

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2023 11:45 PM

So Fen is gay on the show, but the actor who plays him is straight in real life.

Meanwhile on the show, Fen's father and uncle are straight, but both are played by gay men in real life.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2023 12:02 AM

I still am not 100% that ZT is straight... There are probably 4 more people on canvas that should come out as well... Uncle Kevin, Daddy Michael, JaBottom and Daniel

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2023 12:05 AM

Didn’t Zach date a tranny in real life. I think I saw a reference to that on one of the Days threads.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2023 12:07 AM

What's going to happen when JaBottom runs into Fen and Fen introduces Trey as his boyfriend.

Is Fen being out going to make JaBottom jealous? Is it going to cause feelings to emerge in JaBottom who will then struggle to come out of his own closet?

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2023 12:10 AM

Wow, Zach is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2023 12:29 AM

I believe Zach is only reprising the role for a single show.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2023 12:49 AM

I'd classify Zach as flexible.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2023 12:51 AM

I don't think there have been this many known gay actors in a Y&R scene, since the one from about eight years ago at a party being held at the Genoa City Athletic Club.

As I recall, we had Chrissy LeBlanc, Greg Rikaart, Lachlan Buchanan (as Kyle), and a recurring actor named Jeffrey Christopher Todd (as Tobias). .. Then, I think Robert Gant (as David Sherman) walked in and sat down at the bar .. lol.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2023 1:16 AM

[quote] So Fen is gay on the show, but the actor who plays him is straight in real life. .. Meanwhile on the show, Fen's father and uncle are straight, but both are played by gay men in real life.

There's not much new or different about that.

Look how many closeted gay actors have played straight on daytime soaps. .. And many of the gay male characters on these shows - as minimal as they've been - have been played by straight actors. I think gay actors actually playing gay (e.g. Van Hansis and Scott Evans) would be in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2023 1:34 AM

Is Zach Mary Tyler Moore's step-grandson?

Grant Tinker's grandson?

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2023 1:50 AM

Yes

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2023 1:53 AM

R11 - He was born long after Mary and Grant got divorced . He is Grants grandson !

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2023 2:13 AM

[quote]He was born long after Mary and Grant got divorced . He is Grants grandson!

I, for one, couldn't be more thrilled that Zach is gay. Gay men are always drawn to me, and I to them.

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2023 2:21 AM

Zach has a really nice ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2023 3:01 AM

On DOOL he looks nothing like fat Freddie Smith his predecessor in the role, and that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2023 3:10 AM

I would have to agree with you there, R16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2023 3:12 AM

R15 And the animation team that produced "The Quarry" made sure to capture and highlight Zach's ass when they produced the game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2023 4:14 AM

Grampa Tinker was worth (at least) 100 million when he kicked the bucket. Zack is living off Mary Tyler Moore money. Acting is just a hobby for him.

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2023 4:21 AM

Laurens FIRST gay son. Scott....Played by Blair Redford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2023 4:23 AM

I wonder if Y&R first invited Max Ehrich back to play Fen.

If so, wonder if Max turned down the chance to play Fen because they decided to make the character gay.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2023 4:45 AM

I didn't know that Zach is Grant Tinker's grandson.

Rich, handsome, and talented.

He's very blessed.

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2023 4:46 AM

[quote]I, for one, couldn't be more thrilled that Zach is gay.

Phyllis at r14. We don't know that Zach is gay in real life. We do know that he's now played gay on two of the four daytime soap operas still airing in America.

Zach has previously been involved with Cait Fairbanks, who plays a lesbian, Tessa, on Y&R.

Zach may be gay and closeted, much like your brother, Ben.

Or Zach may be flexible as r8 suggests.

Why don't you send Ben over to check out the situation with Zach and report back to us.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2023 4:59 AM

R20 Blair Redford is a friend of Bryan Singers. Datalounge knows what that means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2023 6:08 AM

R13, Zach is also the nephew of Mark Tinker, who was once married to Kris Nelson, Rick Nelson’s former wife and Mark Harmon’s sister.

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2023 6:34 AM

R21 Zach's been playing Fen off and on now since the end of 2018, so the role is kind of his now. I think when he took over, we hadn't seen Ehrich as "Fen" for well over three years. .. And even when Ehrich was still playing the part, he went recurring after he booked the prime time drama "Under the Dome." Word was he wasn't interested in sticking around daytime. He had bigger fish to fry, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2023 7:59 AM

[quote] So Fen is gay on the show, but the actor who plays him is straight in real life.

Zach confirmed he was dating a tranny for six months last year.

by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2023 8:58 AM

The funny this is they apparently had no lead up to this. He just turned up with a boyfriend. He’s been straight since the beginning. Y&R fans, is this correct?

by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2023 8:59 AM

Two Days actors in the same scene. lol

by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2023 8:59 AM

Zach’s ass is huge. The caps on LPSG are insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2023 9:01 AM

I wish Zach could get a real storyline somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2023 10:34 AM

[quote]How many homos are in this one scene?

Since no one else seems to care OP, the correct answer is a*l*l of them.

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2023 10:38 AM

Heads are gonna EXPLODE. I love when soap people get all apoplectic.

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2023 11:31 AM

[quote]I didn't know that Zach is Grant Tinker's grandson. Rich, handsome, and talented.

And his father is a tv writer who now writes/produces long-running Hallmark tv shows.

I still get the impression that while he'll probably inherit money one day, he hasn't yet and he's still expected to work.

Very handsome man, though.

by Anonymousreply 34January 25, 2023 12:12 PM

[quote]Zach has a really nice ass.

I know.

by Anonymousreply 35January 25, 2023 12:17 PM

Nepo baby

by Anonymousreply 36January 25, 2023 12:23 PM

Thank you for posting that, R30!!!

It's rare that I'll get sexually aroused just watching two guys talking, but Zach really does it for me.

He is literally (and I say that literally) my perfect man.

If I could have a guy like him, I'd die happy.

by Anonymousreply 37January 25, 2023 3:44 PM

[quote] I still get the impression that while he'll probably inherit money one day, he hasn't yet and he's still expected to work.

Same here.

And when the lawsuit(s) involving Grant Tinker's estate were in the media, the reports seemed to indicate that it had been split between his four surviving children except for what he'd set aside for his then-widow in a pre-nup. As I recall, there were suits and countersuits about the home he'd shared with her and whether he'd changed his mind about its disposition. (Dementia and abuse were also raised.)

by Anonymousreply 38January 25, 2023 6:13 PM

[quote] Two Days actors in the same scene. lol

If you count former Days actors, you can add Judith Chapman and Tracey Bregman as well.

by Anonymousreply 39January 25, 2023 6:23 PM

Where was Lauren's mother, Joanna?

Another Days actress who could have joined the party.

by Anonymousreply 40January 25, 2023 6:40 PM

R40 They kind of fucked up Lauren and Joanna's relationship (AGAIN) during the "Jill is a Fenmore" storyline when Jill sued Lauren for half of Neil's estate as his bio-daughter. .. Joanna was called as a witness in the case and basically ended up supporting Jill and slamming Lauren as a selfish, spoiled little girl. .. It's like any progress they'd made over the years went out the window. As I recall, Lauren said they were done.

by Anonymousreply 41January 25, 2023 6:52 PM

The guy who plays his bf is cute too. He kind of looks like Tripp from Days. They might as well have hired Chambo.

by Anonymousreply 42January 25, 2023 8:48 PM

[quote] They kind of fucked up Lauren and Joanna's relationship (AGAIN) during the "Jill is a Fenmore" storyline when Jill sued Lauren for half of Neil's estate as his bio-daughter.

There were two characters named Neil?

by Anonymousreply 43January 25, 2023 8:52 PM

R43 Lauren's father, Neil Fenmore, had been dead about five years before Neil Winters ever showed up.

by Anonymousreply 44January 25, 2023 9:05 PM

UGGGGHH. The tone of soaps is soooooo fake and bad. I could hardly get through it.

by Anonymousreply 45January 25, 2023 9:11 PM

[quote] The guy who plays his bf is cute too. He kind of looks like Tripp from Days. They might as well have hired Chambo.

R42 The guy playing the bf is gay Instaho, Julian Larach.

Besides being a former go-go boy in San Francisco, he works as a massage "therapist" out of WeHo.

Posters at LPSG claim he's bottomed for guys on their OnlyFans' pages with his face hidden or blurred. One of them put a clip of Austin Wolf (supposedly) fucking him in a porta-potty in Provincetown. .. STAR material, no doubt! .. lol!

And why hire Massey -- who barely makes himself available for Days -- for an underfive bit when they can get this guy far, far cheaper?

Plus, some of his 203,000 TikTok followers might tune in.

by Anonymousreply 46January 25, 2023 9:24 PM

[quote] The funny this is they apparently had no lead up to this. He just turned up with a boyfriend. He’s been straight since the beginning. Y&R fans, is this correct?

R28 Only if you assume all characters are straight until they say they are gay (or something else).

Truth is, we've never seen the character of Fenmore in a sexual relationship with anyone.

When Fen was a teenager (played by Max Ehrich), he appeared infatuated with Summer Newman, but they only kissed once, and she kept him at arms length. Even back then, some viewers thought Fen's cruel bullying of classmate, Jamie Vernon, might be because he had feelings for Jamie. .. So too, when Fen got hooked on drugs, there was enough chemistry between Fen and Carmine (Marco Dapper), where people imagined Lauren's manipulative lover could end up fucking her son as well. .. And after not seeing Fen onscreen for a few years, they very briefly played some "competition" between Fen and JaBottom, but this material came off more like two closeted guys in search of a beard. Again, Summer was in love with Kyle, and Fen was just the friend.

by Anonymousreply 47January 25, 2023 9:49 PM

What do we know about Julian Labrach?

by Anonymousreply 48January 25, 2023 10:51 PM

[quote] The guy who plays his bf is cute too.

He sounds like a complete moron in op's clip.

Like he's mentally deficient, or something.

This guy is no actor.

[quote] What do we know about Julian Labrach?

Sounds like he's an InstaWhore, and nothing more.

Guess he fucked a producer and got a part.

by Anonymousreply 49January 25, 2023 11:07 PM

R48 There's 15 pages about him at LPSG. Suggest you start there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 25, 2023 11:37 PM

NuMan.

by Anonymousreply 51January 25, 2023 11:41 PM

I googled Julian Labrach, and this is what I came up with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 25, 2023 11:44 PM

[quote] Guess he fucked a producer and got a part.

I think the (gay) associate casting director is responsible for finding underfives and background players. At least that's what he seemed to imply a couple of years ago in an interview.

Maybe he got a free massage out of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 25, 2023 11:44 PM

Atmosphere players!

by Anonymousreply 54January 25, 2023 11:47 PM

R52 You're spelling his surname wrong. It's "Larach."

by Anonymousreply 55January 25, 2023 11:51 PM

Thank you, R55.

R48 is clearly an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2023 12:07 AM

Looks like a dime a dozen waiter in West Hollywood to me.

I do know a dozen of them…

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2023 1:16 AM

At this rate Zach is going to be cast as gay Dr. Lucas on General Hospital next. Sadly, since Los Angeles has no gay men who work in the fashion industry, Zach will never appear on Bold+Beautiful. Where would he possibly fit in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2023 8:29 AM

Despite the nightmare of negotiating with SONY, having Chandler portray Fen's bf for a few "days" would've been meta gold, and gotten both shows a ton of publicity.

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2023 9:03 AM

[quote] Heads are gonna EXPLODE. I love when soap people get all apoplectic.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 60January 26, 2023 9:17 AM

The dude playing the bf is a whore. Here he is with money stuffed in his jock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2023 9:18 AM

R50 OF COURSE, there are. Every poster over there should be on some FBI watchlist.

by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2023 10:06 AM

So weird seeing Days' Sonny and Leo as family…even though the actors played Fen and Uncle Kevin before going on Days. Making Fen gay now is almost like a nod to Zach"s other role as Sonny. Also, Greg must have so much more fun playing Leo on Days than a married straight man on YR.

by Anonymousreply 63January 26, 2023 2:04 PM

From the reactions, Kevin, Chloe and Gloria were all unaware that Fen is now gay.

If Michael and Lauren are OK with him being gay, wonder why they didn't tell the family.

I'd think Michael would be super proud to have a gay son.

by Anonymousreply 64January 26, 2023 4:32 PM

Larach's bulbous nose is off-putting.

Otherwise, cute.

by Anonymousreply 65January 26, 2023 6:32 PM

[quote] The dude playing the bf is a whore. Here he is with money stuffed in his jock.

Since soaps frequently use real-life to come up with story, I can see them using this the next time we see FenMo.

The scene would be at Genoa City's restaurant, Society, and go as follows:

=============================

FENMORE >> Happy Holidays everyone !!

GLORIA >> Come here, baby! Give grandma a great big Christmas kiss! MWAH! .. And where's that hottie, Trey? I was hoping to see him again.

FENMORE >> Oh, Trey and I broke up back in July.

KEVIN >> July? .. Commitment issues in Provincetown?

FENMORE >> Something like that.

CHLOE >> This sounds juicy! .. Details, please.

FENMORE >> Well, if you look at Trey's social media, you'll see that he started an OnlyFans page. .. And to be honest, I'm not up for having to get tested for STI's every month.

LAUREN >> That's wise of you. .. But has Trey quit his job at Fenmore's? .. You know, I can't keep track of every whore on the payroll ... except Jill.

FENMORE >> Yeah, Trey found out he could make far more money doing that than what you were paying him. .. Thanks, mom.

MICHAEL >> Don't blame your mother, son. .. Just from scanning his Fans' page, Trey appears much more talented at doing THAT than being a buyer at Fenmore's. .. I mean, sure, he himself looks great in all those colorful jockstraps and wild thongs, but the majority of men who shop at Fenmore's can't wear Addicted and Nasty Pig. .. Unfortunately.

KEVIN >> Mikey, pass the phone. .. I want to see. .. WHOA! That's one wrecked hole!

CHLOE >> Is that a cock cage he's wearing?

LAUREN >> See, Fen. .. You've obviously dodged a bullet.

GLORIA: Oh my! .. Looks like Trey is really into Daddys ... and pup play!

MICHAEL >> Intriguing.

FENMORE >> Can we order now? .. That hot waiter across the room is eye-fucking me.

by Anonymousreply 66January 26, 2023 8:05 PM

We could get a lot of story out of Fenmore being gay now.

Seeing Fen and Trey so happy together could cause a midlife crisis for Michael whose long suppressed desire to be with man resurfaces. Michael ends up going to cruisey areas for quick sex and eventually gets arrested. When Lauren must come to bail him out, he has to confess all to her. They decide they're better off as best friends and quickly divorce so Michael can live his life as the gay man he wants to be.

Meanwhile, seeing Fen and Trey so happy together stirs up longing in Kevin as well. He finds himself fantasizing about Harding. Doing a web search, Kevin finds Harding has a twin brother who is gay. Kevin can't help but seek out the man. Kevin discovers Harding is in a relationship, but his lover is a trashy instaho. Knowing he would be so much better for Harding, Kevin plots to break them up and have Harding for himself. Along the way, he enlists Chloe's help. Since she' bearded for men many times before, she's happy to help.

by Anonymousreply 67January 26, 2023 8:36 PM

[quote] There are probably 4 more people on canvas that should come out as well... Uncle Kevin, Daddy Michael, JaBottom and Daniel

And Aunt Jack.

I'm sure those rumors about Peter Bergman hitting the bookstores in NYC back in the day are just that, vicious rumors!!!

by Anonymousreply 68January 26, 2023 8:40 PM

[quote] ... could cause a midlife crisis for Michael

Midlife? .. LaBaldwin is reviewing Medicare supplement plans for when his coverage starts this year.

by Anonymousreply 69January 26, 2023 9:10 PM

Zach's ass at R30 is ... beyond.

If he's straight, then it's such a waste.

If he's bi, then let me at it!

by Anonymousreply 70January 26, 2023 11:08 PM

Is Zach a Nu DL Fave now?

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2023 2:23 AM

And is that clip his entire appearance on YR this time around?

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2023 2:25 AM

He was in the entire episode r72. However, it was a one-day appearance. There are currently no plans to bring the character back. But that could change is audience demand is strong enough.

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2023 2:35 AM

I wonder if Fen, Kyle, and Trey had a threesome?

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2023 2:56 AM

[quote] negotiating with SONY

Sonny!

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2023 5:17 AM

SONY, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2023 8:41 AM

Zach is smoking hot....you could even say he's on FIRE!

🔥 FIRE COUNTRY! 🔥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2023 7:23 PM

Too bad "Fire Country" seems like another one of the those CBS shows for the Friday night senior citizen set.

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2023 7:56 PM

But will his character be gay?

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2023 4:52 AM

[quote] [Tinker] plays Collin, a humble, charming, and talented probie firefighter. As the son of a famous firefighting hero, Collin carries a name that he’s constantly trying to live up to.

LOL! Sounds like the gay son.

Let's hope the "probie" likes being probed.

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2023 5:31 AM

I wonder what Chandler Massey does for money? Honestly. Tinker is getting robs left and right. I hope CM isn't one of those over the hill party boys.

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2023 5:40 AM

I hope Chambo doesn't rob left and right.

by Anonymousreply 82January 28, 2023 5:43 AM

R81 Chandler works a full-time job based in Atlanta. But it allows enough personal time and remote work options for him to schedule some appearances on LOOL or do the occasional Fraumark movie. He talked about in an interview in SOD.

by Anonymousreply 83January 28, 2023 5:52 AM

[quote] LOOL

LOOL! :)

by Anonymousreply 84January 28, 2023 5:57 AM

R83, what's Chandler's day job?

by Anonymousreply 85January 28, 2023 5:57 AM

I also "worked" in Atlanta. My schedule was pretty flexible too. Just sayin'...

by Anonymousreply 86January 28, 2023 6:05 AM

[quote] Chandler Massey Doesn't Have Boobs!

[quote] I don't have boobs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 28, 2023 6:06 AM

R85 The company Chandler has been working for (2 years now) is called Enlace Health. He's using his degree in economics there and has the job title "Data Visualization Specialist." But apparently they also like the way he looks as he's doing the introduction to one of their company videos here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 28, 2023 6:08 AM

Thank you, R88.

by Anonymousreply 89January 28, 2023 6:10 AM

R88 = What is going on with Chandlers neck? Is that a shirt or bad lighting? He is only 33. Looks closer to 43 to me. ugh. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 90January 28, 2023 6:17 AM

R90 Looks like bad lighting in the video ... obviously not the experienced crew from LOOL!

by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2023 6:23 AM

[quote] LOOL!

LOOL! :)

by Anonymousreply 92January 28, 2023 6:25 AM

How did this turn into a Chambo thread?!

by Anonymousreply 93January 28, 2023 7:54 AM

R88 Should have done the video in a tighter shirt... Pecs sells!

by Anonymousreply 94January 28, 2023 7:56 AM

Chandler looks like an outdated clubber who still thinks he is a twink. Even his hairstyle is 10 year younger than he is. I have seen CM hang around with too many old queens to find him hot.

by Anonymousreply 95January 28, 2023 8:48 AM

Tinker's prime time characters always end up dead. He'll be back burning up the sheets with Chandler on DAYS by this time next year.

by Anonymousreply 96January 28, 2023 8:55 AM

R96 = Days won't be around next year. Days is cancelled in Late March. By then they will have pre-taped enough episodes to take them into the fall. Peacock will then do 2 Beyond Salems a year. The show is over. That's why they are bringing Bo and Hope back. They know it's the finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 28, 2023 9:05 AM

Nah, but nice try R97 .

by Anonymousreply 98January 28, 2023 9:48 AM

You'll see. Peacock is losing a fortune. They are not keeping a show with 22 plus actors that nobody watches. There is no profit to keep Days.

by Anonymousreply 99January 28, 2023 9:55 AM

Actually Peacock had a relatively good year in 2022 so Days may eek out another year. But the overall economic outlook is not great so the show won't be getting more money even if it survives the cut.

by Anonymousreply 100January 28, 2023 10:00 AM

R100.......LINK----->>2 Days Ago----->>>Peacock lost 978 MILLION in the 4Q of 2022!!!....Peacocks finances have been discussed many times on DL. The only way they could lose more money is if they burned it. You (and Dee H., and even Sarah Michelle Gellar) better brace yourselves because cancellations are in your future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 28, 2023 10:12 AM

DOOL is #1 in nursing homes and assisted living centers across the nation,

by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2023 10:12 AM

R102, Days isn’t on network television.

by Anonymousreply 103January 28, 2023 10:15 AM

[quote] Days is cancelled in Late March.

Who knew Sylvia Browne was still alive? 🔮

by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2023 10:17 AM

That would be Y&R R102 .

by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2023 10:24 AM

R103, Peacock is available in all of the sun rooms.

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2023 10:25 AM

R101 didn't even read the article she posted.

by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2023 10:27 AM

R101. Yes I did. Comcast/Peacock said their (almost TRILLION DOLLAR LOSSES) have peaked. Which means next quarter they HOPE to only lose 800 million....LoL...

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2023 10:45 AM

Peacock is losing more money than CNN+....I think we all know how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 109January 28, 2023 10:46 AM

Recast Sonny with Lucca!! Watch the ratings skyrocket!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 28, 2023 10:48 AM

Nevertheless, Comcast executives reiterated confidence in the economics of streaming, noting Peacock added 5 million subscribers in the quarter, its best quarterly result since the 2020 launch, fueled by live sports and the recent additions of new films and original content.

In total, Peacock subscribers surpassed 20 million at year-end, compared to less than 10 million a year ago, while its revenue nearly tripled to $2.1 billion.

"We made a decision to invest in Peacock. It's very clear we picked the right business model and it's very clear our content strength [is] paying off on Peacock," said NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell.

"We could not be more positive about our trajectory so far...we're right where we expected to be in investment," Shell added, explaining the investments made in Peacock were done in an effort to boost the overall media segment "which we feel more confident [about] today."

"We wouldn't be investing in Peacock if we didn't think it would return the segment to growth over time," he said. "The timing of that is up to market conditions."

Shell went on to explain certain variables including the ad market recovery, linear cable declines, and cost cuts within the linear segment could all impact that timeline.

The executive pointed to increased improvements within advertising, especially for categories like pharmacy, entertainment, and travel.

"The ad market feels to me like it's stabilized a bit," said Shell. "We're assuming it will stay weak for the first half of this year and then recover but who knows with this economy."

"We're doing better than our peers — Peacock growth is helping offset linear weakness which is fortuitous for us," he added.

Outside of streaming, NBCUniversal's theme park business continued to show strength with revenue increasing 12% year-over-year to $2.1 billion, primarily due to increased attendance and guest spending at the parks in the U.S. and Japan.

by Anonymousreply 111January 28, 2023 11:49 AM

NBC/Universal needs to turn Peacock into a true bundle of all of their network and cable offerings. Comcast knows that cable TV is bleeding subscribers. Why they keep MSNBC locked down so tight is causing it to lose potential viewers. They pay a fortune for the rights to part of the NASCAR season and then ship many of the races to USA Network. No cable, no watch! They also need to fix the interface of their live channels on Peacock, which is filled with a lot of junk - I do enjoy NBC News Now. They have started providing the local NBC affiliate in their premium service, so they are tipping their toes in. I think they are missing an opportunity to bundle their properties - and NO show gets the ratings they did even a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 112January 28, 2023 11:54 AM

[quote]How did this turn into a Chambo thread?!

Because Chandler makes everything better.

As for Days' position on Peacock, this is what I know. The fans have been trying to cancel Days since 2009 and it's still here. Days has gotten Peacock more press in the last 6 months than the streaming service had gotten since it's launch. I don't have a crystal ball and won't predict the future, but Days is cheap to produce. I would guess they've got it down to numbers where 250 episodes of Days equals to about the cost of 2 limited run non-soap series. When it was on network, it cost about 33 million to produce a year's worth of episodes, which is nothing.

by Anonymousreply 113January 28, 2023 12:01 PM

Buck never would have BEEN in a Soap Opera!

by Anonymousreply 114January 28, 2023 12:11 PM

[quote] How did this turn into a Chambo thread?!

A better question is, how did this turn into a business thread on Peacock?

Back to Zack ........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 28, 2023 1:22 PM

What would Mary say about this?

Buck would NEVER date a gay man!

by Anonymousreply 116January 28, 2023 1:24 PM

The Peacock conversation got interjected because of the ratings concern. I think Zach is adorable and wish he was used more with a storyline of his own. It is unfortunate that Chandler is off the show so much that it leaves Zach with nothing to do except be the "trusted confidant"...aka Maureen Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 117January 28, 2023 1:35 PM

Zach has a very, VERY thick cock.

by Anonymousreply 118January 28, 2023 1:38 PM

r118

I don't believe you... you must show proof

by Anonymousreply 119January 28, 2023 1:43 PM

R118, Something like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 28, 2023 1:50 PM

Sporting a little chest hair for a change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 30, 2023 5:25 AM

So this show is on Facebook? How embarrassing. I thought Soaps were supposed to have hot men on them but everyone over 35 looks horrible in OPs picture. Perhaps they should clean hows cause the botox and terrible hair wasn't helping anyone under that harsh lighting.

by Anonymousreply 122January 30, 2023 8:51 AM

Who’s Luka?

by Anonymousreply 123January 30, 2023 12:20 PM

Zach’s Italian. It goes without saying he has a very, VERY thick cock.

by Anonymousreply 124January 30, 2023 12:20 PM

I don’t think that’s Zach, but I agree it looks an awful lot like him, R121. The face is slightly different and Zach does not have that much chest hair.

I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 125January 31, 2023 12:50 AM

Zach is Italian, R124?

by Anonymousreply 126January 31, 2023 1:33 AM

R125 That's Zach. It was taken by the photographer who does the DreamLoud campaign featuring many many daytime soap actors (See Brad Everett Young's logo in the corner.) Also, we've seen Zach wear that medallion before. Too bad he's got his shirt on in this one. ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 31, 2023 1:42 AM

Yes, Zach's mom is Italian. Lori Mozilo. They are very close.

(His dad is John Tinker. His parents divorced in 2009.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 31, 2023 1:47 AM

Yes. That medallion must be special to Zach!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 31, 2023 3:29 AM

Worthless Trivia = Zachs Dad works with Michael Landon Jr.

by Anonymousreply 130January 31, 2023 3:58 AM

More Worthless Trivia = Zach's Mother works with Mickey Mouse.

by Anonymousreply 131January 31, 2023 7:00 PM

R130, Is Michael Landon, Jr. hung as well as his brother Christopher?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 31, 2023 7:13 PM

Zach Tinker at the Y&R 50th anniversary celebration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 19, 2023 12:45 PM

Who's that woman with Zach?

by Anonymousreply 134March 19, 2023 6:10 PM

Zach likes trannies.

by Anonymousreply 135March 19, 2023 7:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!