Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Come Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock Have Never Done A Film Together?

Do they strongly dislike each other? What's the gossip? Julia has worked with Meryl Streep with no issues. Same question for Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt. Why haven't they worked together? Is it Hollywood egos over top billing? What's the gossip DL?

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2023 6:28 PM

Could be lots of reasons OP. Timing, casting, babies, marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2023 3:42 PM

Julia and Sandy have similar energies/ranges. Usually a movie or story works when you position two actors who can play off one another.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2023 3:45 PM

Thats true R1. But neither woman began having kids until past the new millennium. Ive been hearing rumors since the 90s that they hate each other. But there seems to be no basis for those rumors. And yet after all this time the two top Rom-Com queens of the box office still hasn't graced the silver screen together. I guess I'm just curious.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2023 3:48 PM

I'm a fan of both women by the way, I'm just curious if there was a personal issue between them.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2023 3:50 PM

Because no director ever said we need two actresses, white women of a similar age, height, weight, figure, voice, same length dark hair, very similar features, same shaped mouth, same big fucking mouth full of what must be about 52 white soldiers big as Chiclets, and a history of playing roles that could have had the actresses interchanged without incident?

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2023 3:59 PM

I think they need to be put in a cage match to decide who gets to be "America's Sweetheart."

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2023 4:00 PM

Because they're the same person.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2023 4:01 PM

OP is still waiting for a Davis/Hepburn teaming.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 4:01 PM

Hahaha R8 yes I am while watching my Golden Girls reruns.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2023 4:10 PM

I would love for us to do a revisionist history if the journeys of Harriet Tubman and Sojourner Truth.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2023 4:46 PM

Where's *their* Baby Jane?

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2023 5:04 PM

R11 it would be legendary honestly. Baz Luhrmann could direct since camp productions are right up his alley.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2023 5:15 PM

Sandra Bullock On Being Compared To Julia Roberts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2023 5:20 PM

That interview looks forever ago R13 but Sandra is a very pretty woman.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2023 5:30 PM

I don't know if Sandra hates Julia but I think Julia hates Sandra.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2023 5:32 PM

Meryl is out of her league. Sandra is her contemporary. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 5:33 PM

Why would she hate her?

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2023 5:34 PM

Is she so pretty that it makes you hungry for a mystic pizza, r14?

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2023 5:35 PM

Same reason Rita Moreno and Chita Rivera have never worked together, not even on The Electric Company.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2023 5:36 PM

They definitely hate each other. Not even one picture with the two of them in it.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2023 5:38 PM

[quote]Why would she hate her?

Because, r17, Sandra hit her in the head with a fondue pot.

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2023 5:41 PM

Hmm, I guess I can see how people would think they are similar because of the wacky America’s sweetheart stuff. I’d say though that Sandra can convey sincerity and emotional depth Julia seems to be incapable of.

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2023 5:43 PM

I agree R20 but I think the hate is coming from Julia.

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2023 5:43 PM

Picture it:

A “Steel Magnolias” remake. (Yes I know we’ve already had one. Stay with me.)

Julia as Clairee.

Sandy as Ouiser.

Reese W. as M’Lynn.

Ava Phillipe as Shelby.

Dolly as Truvy, of course.

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2023 5:57 PM

"Ive been hearing rumors since the 90s that they hate each other. But there seems to be no basis for those rumors"

So why even bring it up?

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2023 5:59 PM

R24, I was just going to say they’d actually be perfect as Ouiser and Clairee in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2023 6:01 PM

Because that's what I heard R25 and I can discuss anything I want. You can always leave.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2023 6:03 PM

R27 You seem super mature as you reply to yourself over and over.

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2023 6:06 PM

But I'm not responding to myself idiot R28 right now I'm responding to your dumbas look why don't just leave? You're adding nothing.

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2023 6:08 PM

[quote] Same reason Rita Moreno and Chita Rivera have never worked together, not even on The Electric Company.

Rita & Chita have done a few concerts together

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2023 6:16 PM

Because she's a Low Vera!!

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2023 6:20 PM

I hate JR and think she is the very definition of a cunt with that whole thing with her husband's ex-wife and all the other stories I've heard about her. I have made a concerted effort to never see anything else she has been in for many years and will strive to continue doing so. I can't stand her imperious attitude and how she thinks her shit doesn't stink. She needs to have some sort of "close call" in her life to snap her ass back to reality that SHE IS A HUMAN BEING as we all are, and not better than anybody else as she thinks she is.

Sandra is not without her problems. I feel there may be things we haven't heard about with the whole white supremacy thing re: her ex-husband and apparently she's also fluent in German. So, I do have some qualms about whether she herself wasn't (or isn't? I hope not) participating in that whole thing with the ex. However, she did adopt 2 children who are mixed race (?) so there's that.

All that said, I'd MUCH rather hang out with Sandra then Julia Roberts as Sandra seems a lot more human and approachable than JR. And if it's all an act, then who is the better actress? Hm? And I'm pretty sure that Sandra would never want to hang out with that hag Julia much less do a movie with her.

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2023 6:37 PM

R32 is the frauest comment to ever frau on a frau bait thread.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2023 7:07 PM

You may be right about Julia R32 she did wear that shirt taunting her current husband's ex wife and I'm certain that It turned off a large percentage of her female audience. Apparently her neighbors don't think to highly of her either. Sandra gets credit for divorcing that nazi sympathizer although there's no way she was unaware and it still seems sketchy because she was with him for so long and then adopts a black baby boy immediately after. He seems to be okay though, at least she's not putting him in dresses like Charlize does to her adopted son. Sandra seems more normal than most of Hollywood or she's just smart enough not to make a spectacle of her personal life and beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2023 7:14 PM

I have hung out with Sandy back when she lived in Austin (we had a mutual friend). She is very down to earth and just as funny as you'd expect.

Not a racist bone in her body, her marriage to that trashy Jesse James was bizarre.

She donates a lot of money to charities and doesn't publicize it.

The only reference she made about Julia was that she was promiscuous, even after her marriage to Danny.

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2023 7:45 PM

R32 Sandra’s mother is a German opera singer, which is why she speaks German.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2023 7:48 PM

R35 I saw her twice at Walton’s Fancy & Staple and was surprised that she was so petite! And her skin was stunning - she’s much prettier in person than on film.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2023 7:50 PM

R36 well, she WAS. Been dead for over 13 years now.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2023 7:50 PM

They should do a national tour of ‘Legends’!

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2023 7:52 PM

Sandy B is/was the Dollar Tree version of Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2023 7:57 PM

R34 What t shirt ?

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2023 8:06 PM

r41 After Julia got together with her husband, cameraman Danny Moder, apparently Danny's wife dragged her feet with divorce proceedings.

Classy broad that Julia is, she spent all night sewing a special t-shirt to wear - and call the paps to photograph her wearing - to convey her opinion of Danny's wife.

Here it is, in all its glory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2023 8:18 PM

R32 I believe Sandra's mother was a German opera singer but she left her craft to raise children in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2023 8:26 PM

R42 Wow even more evidence of her cuntiness

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2023 8:27 PM

R36 My apologies, I didn't see your post.

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2023 8:29 PM

Julia has boundary issues. Who can forget her being all hugged up on Denzel Washington at the Oscars in front of his wife. She seems to have no respect for "The other woman"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2023 8:34 PM

I think they should. It would break Twitter and make crazy money. But Julia Roberts treats Sandra Bullock like Kate Hepburn treated Bette Davis.

by Anonymousreply 47February 23, 2023 6:06 AM

In actuality, Julia Roberts is the Dollar Store Sandra Bullock. Sandra has a more cosmopolitan background and upbringing than Julia.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2023 3:25 PM

There was talk in the 90s about them starring in a remake of "The Women" and both were said to have expressed interest in working together. I think it was in "Movieline" or "Premiere."

Lots of hype and then, nothing...until that awful remake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2023 3:33 PM

Can’t this be settled like ladies with Stevie Kicks?

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Sandra Bullock basically stole Julia's spot as America's Sweetheart. As Julia made fewer and fewer comedies that were hits, Sandra just kept getting more famous and had more hits and a much better career in her 40s than Julia did. And she never seemed bitter like Julia does.

I remember reading an interview with Sandra where she said she was on a movie set and she overheard a PA tell the extras not to talk to her or bother her and she got so furious she went and told the PA to NEVER tell anyone they couldn't talk to her again.

Sandy is more likable.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2023 5:42 PM

Time to remake DEATH BECOMES HER!

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2023 6:14 PM

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane remake!

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2023 6:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!