Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jamie Lee Curtis- “I always felt like an outsider looking into Hollywood!”

Meanwhile she posts a photo of her famous parents. She was BORN INTO HOLLYWOOD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 15, 2023 10:16 PM

She needs to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2023 2:46 PM

Really tired of this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2023 2:51 PM

I guess we will be seeing much more of her on talk shows as she campaigns for her first Oscar ?

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2023 2:53 PM

Stephanie Hsu for the win over this thirsty nepofrau.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2023 2:55 PM

What is a "wildest dream box"?

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2023 3:26 PM

She’s a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2023 3:31 PM

I never had a problem with her before and imagined she was a i-dont-give-a-shit kinda gal since she doesn't seem to have ever chased awards or prestige projects before, but I guess this campaigning has gone to her head

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2023 7:45 PM

Good Lord Jamie, shut up!

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 7:48 PM

They are exhausting

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2023 7:48 PM

This so not chic.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2023 7:57 PM

Oh jeez. Is this in addition to her “surprise” photo shoot from this morning?

Love Stephanie Hsu - thought she and Michelle Yeoh were the whole movie. JLC was fine, but you could have substituted in any older white actress and they would have been fine too.

Her reaction to the nomination seems like something out of her husband’s mockumentary about the Oscars. Catherine O’Hara was great in that.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2023 8:17 PM

I used to really enjoy her too. She used to be the first to say I’m a Beverly Hills princess and have never known a days struggle in print and tv interviews. The first to admit she was offered her break because she was a Hollywood insider, Janet’s girl. She was a more down to earth Carrie Fisher. Entertaining, gossipy, open, big hearted and fairly talented.

I’ve been doing double takes at her interviews recently because it’s hard to believe it’s that same person. She seems like a completely self involved, pretentious, deluded tosser now. What the fuck happened? It really is like scenes from a Christopher Guest movie.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2023 8:19 PM

I've never been more turned off by an actress as I am by Jamie Lee Curtis this year

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2023 8:24 PM

She probably did feel like an outsider early on. What she'd deny, though, is knowing that it was because she was born within the system rather than struggling to earn her place in it as her parents had once done.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2023 8:27 PM

Let me just say, Janet Leigh was a bombshell in her youth. Absolutely beautiful and natural sexual magnetism. Tony Curtis was quite the looker in his youth too. JLC didn’t get her parents looks.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2023 8:33 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis *IS* Marilyn Hack!

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 8:41 PM

Well, she wasn't an outsider, and she shouldn't say that since she's said the opposite in the past. I love JLC but this is a misstep for her.

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2023 8:43 PM

She needs to shut the fuck up, but she wants that Oscar BAD. This is probably her last chance.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2023 9:49 PM

It's definitely her one and if not only chance.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2023 10:08 PM

They’re giving it to Angela.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2023 10:09 PM

This cunt also has a royal title thanks to her husband.

[quote]She is married to Christopher Guest, with whom she has two adopted children. Due to her marriage with Guest, who is the 5th Baron Haden-Guest in the United Kingdom, Curtis is a baroness, though she does not use this title.

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2023 10:23 PM

Jamie has no biological children?

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2023 10:27 PM

She's intersex, unable to have children.

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2023 10:31 PM

Maybe the trans daughter pushed her over the edge. Or just emboldened her to be herself.

Calling herself a Hollywood outsider and daughter of immigrants… you could just see Jennifer Coolidge reading that caption outloud in a Christopher Guest film.

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2023 10:35 PM

"Daughter of immigrants?" Her father was from NYC and her mother was from California.

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2023 10:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2023 10:40 PM

Shame on me r25 - she calls herself the granddaughter of immigrants. I guess the caption isn’t THAT bad. It’s just one of 7 posts she did since the nomination.

Oh well. I guess she’s excited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2023 10:41 PM

She sounds high on pills

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2023 10:42 PM

I’m tired of people saying they’re humbled. They aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2023 10:43 PM

"I can only imagine what it would feel like for them and their parents to hear that their daughter/granddaughter was nominated this morning for an Oscar. I am stunned and humbled."

If she were humbled, she wouldn't be fantasizing about her Oscar nom being an epochal event in her family history.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2023 10:51 PM

That faux-humble tweet was the first shot fired from the JLC PR campaign, courtesy of herself, in her desperate, strung-out desire for that award. She's THIRSTY for that Oscar. She won't be winning it because her tactics are mortifying, virtue signaling, and self-congratulatory all at the same time. It's a tacky look, her salivating for that thing. The "I'm NOT a nepo-baby, I'm an OUTLIER!" stance probably didn't do her any favors, either.

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2023 11:09 PM

She's just processing her own trauma in her own way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2023 11:13 PM

I suppose there's a rich-kid version of Impostor Syndrome, where people feel like frauds and outsiders, because they know damn well that they don't deserve their privileges.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2023 11:34 PM

The t-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2023 11:36 PM

Her mother aged much better. Is JLC okay?

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2023 11:44 PM

Has she always been this insufferable?

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2023 11:48 PM

Look at me! -JLC

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2023 11:50 PM

Jesus Christ. This bitch was awarded a Universal Studios contract while still a teen with no training, and felt like an “outsider”??

Check your privilege, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38January 25, 2023 12:02 AM

R38 = Gwyneth

by Anonymousreply 39January 25, 2023 12:35 AM

She what, r21?

by Anonymousreply 40January 25, 2023 2:19 AM

What’s this “nepo baby”? Is that what the young people call Jamie Lee Curtis?

by Anonymousreply 41January 25, 2023 2:25 AM

She's become tedious and self serving since the first batch of nominations started coming out. She even admitted to waking up to watch nominations. I much prefer the faux "my agent woke me up" that people trot out when asked how they learned of their nomination even though you just know they were up all night tossing and turning waiting for 5am to roll around.

by Anonymousreply 42January 25, 2023 2:27 AM

r42 another great bullshit line is "I didn't even know the nominations were being announced that day. I was so surprised to get a phone call telling me I was nominated."

Oh, OF COURSE you didn't know when the nominations were being announced.

by Anonymousreply 43January 25, 2023 3:00 AM

[quote]that people trot out when asked how they learned of their nomination

You simply say, "What...I was nominated?!"

by Anonymousreply 44January 25, 2023 3:06 AM

At this point she's just trolling people and probably laughing about the nepotism claims - what does she care at this age?

by Anonymousreply 45January 25, 2023 3:09 AM

R21 That’s a pretty meaningless hereditary title - not a royal one.

by Anonymousreply 46January 25, 2023 3:10 AM

Better Thread Title -----> "Ancient Nepo Baby wants Oscar and calls herself an "outsider" to justify taking it from the black and asian nominees in her category who delivered substantially better performances".

by Anonymousreply 47January 25, 2023 3:21 AM

She was born with a silver spoon up her mangina.

by Anonymousreply 48January 25, 2023 3:25 AM

Why do privileged people like to wine about how hard their life has been?

by Anonymousreply 49January 25, 2023 3:33 AM

How long before she's nibbling a humble salad while welcoming the readers of Hello! magazine into her home?

by Anonymousreply 50January 25, 2023 3:43 AM

Can she shut the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 51January 25, 2023 3:45 AM

She seems tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 52January 25, 2023 3:49 AM

I love that Tony Curtis widow took all of his 60 million fortune and none of kids got a dime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 25, 2023 3:50 AM

What’s the deal with her lately? She never shuts up. Is she drinking again? Now we are going to see this cunt more because of that stupid Oscar nomination. I never realized how much of a horrible person she is. But don’t worry, if your not a fellow celebrity she won’t give you the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 54January 25, 2023 4:00 AM

Tony Curtis had $60 million? How the fuck did he have that much money?

by Anonymousreply 55January 25, 2023 4:01 AM

I don't get why you don't get her statement that she always felt like an outsider looking in. She said she FELT like an outsider (essentially acknowledging that in truth she's always been an insider, but for some reason she felt like she didn't belong).

And I also don't get the sudden JLC hatred. She's been killing it lately with Knives Out, the Halloween finale, and now EEAAO.

What did she do to piss you all off so much? She's lovely and charming.

by Anonymousreply 56January 25, 2023 4:09 AM

R56 Fuck off Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 57January 25, 2023 4:11 AM

Maybe she felt like an outsider because she’s always been ugly?

by Anonymousreply 58January 25, 2023 4:15 AM

The mud Jamie Lee will be drug through running up to the Oscars will make this bitch wish she’d never been nominated.

by Anonymousreply 59January 25, 2023 4:40 AM

R56 I can get that she may have felt like an outsider but her announcing this feels like cynical tactics to get herself an Oscar. Why bring it up now? Same with wading into the "Nepo" debate with that hokey, mushy speech. Feels like a plot for popular votes and an appeal to the young twitterers. All in all, not authentic and not in keeping with the JLC we've seen up to this awards season.

by Anonymousreply 60January 25, 2023 7:24 AM

Jamie Lee is so full of shit and she gets away with it because she’s ugly.

This bitch had 2 famous parents, was a cheerleader in high school, and her debut screen role at 19 years old was a LEAD and a huge box office smash!

She tries to play the outsider cause she’s butch but she’s always been outspoken and bitchy and a girly girl and had a privilege life.

People always think she’s actually Laurie Strode. She said she was more like Lynda and Annie in real life.

by Anonymousreply 61January 25, 2023 8:22 AM

I wish I could find the video of when someone in Howard Stern’s interview asked her about her penis and she went ape shit.

by Anonymousreply 62January 25, 2023 8:27 AM

Not interview I meant crew lol

by Anonymousreply 63January 25, 2023 8:27 AM

R62 and Baba Booey to y'all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 6, 2023 5:01 PM

Quit whinging, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 65February 6, 2023 5:05 PM

JLC = NB

by Anonymousreply 66February 6, 2023 5:05 PM

"Would you pay money for your father's paintings?" made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 67February 6, 2023 5:31 PM

What is Christopher Guest thinking about all this? I must be freakish to see his wife transformed into one of his characters. I've always wondered what their marriage is like. Isn't his brother Anthony Haden Guest older and therefore should have inherited the title?

by Anonymousreply 68February 6, 2023 5:57 PM

Maybe Alok turned her out from a low key nepo baby to a full on nepo baby activist.

by Anonymousreply 69February 6, 2023 6:44 PM

The brother is illegitimate, R68, which counts in these things.

I've never cared so much about a Supporting Actress race - I don't care who wins, I just want Jamie Lee to lose.

by Anonymousreply 70February 6, 2023 6:46 PM

She's a millionaire many times over, a literal baroness in the English aristocratic system, and a metaphorical princess in the Hollywood culture industry... and yet she always feels a poor outsider looking in through the plate glass window!

by Anonymousreply 71February 6, 2023 6:46 PM

Poor wittle nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 72February 6, 2023 6:49 PM

I don't think she stands much chance of winning now her momentum has been taken by Angela.

Plus she was only in 12% of a super long movie, according to Screen Time Central, not that it matters much if you are incredible in your scenes, but she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 73February 6, 2023 7:00 PM

Can they get Mellisa from the r64 clip to ask her the same question on the red carpet?

by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2023 3:41 AM

I sometimes wonder if behaviors like stupid over-sharing are contagious. Before Meghan Markle and now Jamie Lee Curtis, the only person I remember doing this is Jennifer Lopez. Oh, and Princess Di.

Rich, photogenic women who, for reasons I’ll never understand, say things in interviews that no one but a therapist would ever sympathize with, always about me me me, and always looking back at how very hard things were for them, how lonely they were, and how bad they felt.

People in their shoes used to want to be seen as appreciative of their luck and having a great time, and they carefully managed how they appeared to be sure it came out that way. Maybe they were lying their heads off but they knew that ingratitude doesn’t play well and they were at least that smart.

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2023 3:58 AM

Just saw she posted this under a picture of herself and Tom Cruise.

“I ran into Tom. We don't know each other well but we've both been doing this for a long time. We looked at each other with this incredible joint expression of shock and awe at where we were and who we were with and my friend @jlcvisuals caught the moment. WOW!”

She is going to masturbate to herself on the Oscars red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 76February 15, 2023 8:19 AM

Oh the agony of being a baroness in ever-so-common Hollywood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2023 8:30 AM

R76, Jamie doesn't need to masturbate, she can actually fuck herself! She's half-and-half, you know - she's got all the parts.

by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2023 8:35 AM

She's the perfect example of someone who was born to a handsome father and beautiful mother but who is distinctly lacking in the looks department herself.

by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2023 8:37 AM

Is there going to be a scene in the next Halloween where Michael Myers is killing people in grease fires and there’s a big mishap on set?

by Anonymousreply 80February 15, 2023 9:30 AM

What is the obsession with Jamie Lee Curtis around here?

by Anonymousreply 81February 15, 2023 9:43 AM

Meaning she was too ugly to be a leading lady in a romantic movie. Her face is made for action silly movies and sci fi.

by Anonymousreply 82February 15, 2023 9:50 AM

Just shut your fucking pie hole. You aren't all that great and you look like a giant Elf on a Shelf.

by Anonymousreply 83February 15, 2023 12:04 PM

When did she start saying she wished she hadn't done "Trading Places"? If I recall correctly she had surprisingly great tits

by Anonymousreply 84February 15, 2023 5:35 PM

When did she start saying she wished she hadn't done "Trading Places"? If I recall correctly she had surprisingly great tits

by Anonymousreply 85February 15, 2023 5:35 PM

I think the biggest issue we're seeing with Jamie is her being humourless and taking this all so seriously.

If she felt the need to speak on the issue at all, her Nepo baby tirade could have been self-deprecatng and still supportive of the younger ones getting the label.

She could show she's thrilled to be up for awards without acting like their work is impossibly life-changing.

And she could be less offended by the slightest criticism.

by Anonymousreply 86February 15, 2023 5:40 PM

JLo pulled this "outsider" business too, but only after she was snubbed. Jamie got it in during prime voting season.

by Anonymousreply 87February 15, 2023 5:43 PM

The old woman walking around my neighborhood screaming and baring her tits, ignored by all, is an outsider. Jamie and Jlo are not outsiders.

by Anonymousreply 88February 15, 2023 7:51 PM

She needs to just go away for awhile. Not long, just another thirty or forty years.

by Anonymousreply 89February 15, 2023 8:02 PM

Not royal, just a title r21.

by Anonymousreply 90February 15, 2023 8:19 PM

I think she looks fantastic but she really is an annoying self-centered twat.

by Anonymousreply 91February 15, 2023 8:23 PM

Quite nice hooters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 15, 2023 8:34 PM

As the wife of a baron, is she invited to the coronation in May? I'm guessing not--too minor a title.

by Anonymousreply 93February 15, 2023 8:37 PM

How many Jamie Lee Curtis Troll Threads are there now? Six? Seven?

by Anonymousreply 94February 15, 2023 8:37 PM

R82 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 95February 15, 2023 9:38 PM

[quote]R81 What is the obsession with Jamie Lee Curtis around here?

We’re just sick of her. It’s fine when she passes through a movie every other year or so without making much of an impression. But she’s thrust her yapping face out there too much this year, and it just reminds DL she doesn’t have any redeeming qualities.

by Anonymousreply 96February 15, 2023 10:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!