Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DLers: Your White Castle job is at risk!!

This robot will do you work for you...and not stop to read DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2023 2:00 AM

Robots

Will

Replace You!

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2023 12:35 PM

But does a robot know to put a cockroach or a human finger or a snakehead into random bags of fries?

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2023 12:39 PM

This gives fast food companies more of an excuse to use robots. This was planned years ago. They hate to pay even minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2023 12:40 PM

Minimum wages workers are screwed...and then all other types of workers are.

AI is taking over for Doctors. I'm sure AI can replace lawyers, stock brokers, real estate brokers, etc

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2023 12:43 PM

Robots don’t think as fast as the human mind but this might be the exception at White Castle.

They can probably get orders right. Whenever you go to those fast food places, they need a third window at the drive thru to get all the shit they forgot to give you.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2023 1:40 PM

Newsflash!

If robots were financially viable and capable of doing the jobs of fast food workers then there would be no (zero) fast food workers whatsoever.

But they aren't financially viable or capable.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2023 1:43 PM

They will break down as often as the shake machine.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2023 2:00 PM

R6, give it time. Each robot at White Castle does the job of 3-4 people and faster. White Castle will do the math.

McDonald's did the math and now doesn't have cashiers.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 2:03 PM

R6 - This is totally correct. This entire robot-in-the-kitchen thing is not financially feasible. You could hire an entire restaurant full of assistant managers for what the couple of service techs will want (and get) for pay.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2023 2:06 PM

I don't see robots taking over fancier restaurants but I can see them at fast food places, because of the huge corporation behind them.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2023 2:07 PM

[quote] You could hire an entire restaurant full of assistant managers for what the couple of service techs will want (and get) for pay.

As wages and demand for benefits, like health insurance and education expenses, rise, robots will become more attractive

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2023 2:09 PM

But I won't be able to watch the robots at White Castle burn their fingers through the thin plastic gloves as the little onion bits from the grill stick to them!

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2023 2:10 PM

I say go for it. At least I wouldn't have to worry about someone touching or spitting in my food.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2023 2:13 PM

R11 - The companies that have techs like that typically charge just short of $500 an hour, sometimes in excess of $1,000 an hour if it's overnight on a weekend. The techs themselves will be making $80k to six digits a year. I remember once when my brother literally put a plug back into a wall outlet (that had been accidentally pulled out), and the bill was just short of $1,500.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2023 2:16 PM

[quote]This robot will do you work for you...and not stop to read DL.

That’s not necessarily true. We have to introduce them to it. Once they login, they’ll never log out.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2023 3:47 PM

[quote]McDonald's did the math and now doesn't have cashiers.

What McDonald’s do you go to that doesn’t have cashiers?

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 3:47 PM

R23, it depends on the supplier bags of cockroaches and severed fingers.

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2023 8:44 PM

Are you posting from the future?

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2023 8:50 PM

Back to the Future R17?

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2023 11:36 PM

Like the fast food shortage is such a terrible thing for the country.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2023 11:37 PM

Brazil was prophetic

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2023 11:42 PM

What R21?

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2023 11:44 PM

[Quote] What McDonald’s do you go to that doesn’t have cashiers?

Most of the McDonalds I’ve been to in the US and Europe now have screens that you order on and pay, and one person at the counter who gives you your bags of food

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2023 11:49 PM

R23, I love drive through.

Fuck the apps.

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2023 2:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!