Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do people think BTS is attractive?

They're ugly. Seriously. Its not because they're Asian because there are a lot of handsome Asian men out there like Harry Shum Jr. Its because they look pale, sickly, and have really weird facial features. The only one that could be considered non-offensive looking is the one named "V". The rest are hideous especially RM, J-Hope (who looks like a horse) and Jimin (also horsey looking).

Look at the picture below. Can someone please help me understand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2023 12:41 PM

Another example

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2023 4:27 PM

Your guess is as good as mine, OP. I don’t understand the obsession with Korean men who look women, in general.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2023 5:16 PM

If they were just random people walking down the street I doubt many would look twice.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2023 5:55 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, OP. Seriously, your dumb, fat, low self-esteem opinion. Seriously, you're entitled to it. Can you help me understand why you are so dumb and ugly? You're ugly.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2023 6:09 PM

Maybe is determined by factors other than the superficial criteria you have established. They are beginning their military enlistment, so they won't be around until 2025 as a group. The oldest has finished his basic training and was selected commander of the trainees. Perhaps some people would find the fact that they are leaving to serve their country, rather than lobby for an exemption attractive. S Korea will lose 4 billion dollars in income during these two years. So, attractiveness can never be explained to you, OP, if you just consider the artificial Western idea of its importance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote]If they were just random people walking down the street I doubt many would look twice.

I would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2023 6:17 PM

Definitely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2023 6:18 PM

The only one of these guys I know by name is the super ugly one, RM.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2023 6:21 PM

OP- their audience is tween girls. No need for you to worry your little head about it.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2023 6:22 PM

Tween girls find them attractive in a sexless, harmless way. Like a very ugly sister. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2023 6:24 PM

Need we be reminded of the 80s and how all those hair band dudes were all the rage with teen and tween girls? The bigger the hair and heavier the make up on those men, the better. I never understood that either.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2023 6:41 PM

You'd be surprised at the demographics. BTS fans tend to be older.

BTS

GENDER Male listeners: 24%

Female listeners: 76%

10-19: 24%

20-29: 26%

30-39: 19%

40-49: 27%

50+: 4%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2023 6:44 PM

Little girls aren't attracted to rap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2023 6:48 PM

If they are a musician, it adds major points to their looks.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 6:49 PM

R12 I think they could be lonely older women (possibly divorced) who want to relive feelings of their first romance/crush or exorcise their motherly instincts on what they perceive to be cute, innocent, harmless young men.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 7:05 PM

K-Pop is awful because it mimics awful American music. Not even the good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 7:23 PM

What is the " good stuff"?

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote]The only one of these guys I know by name is the super ugly one, RM.

Ugly? Not really. Here he is in a number with Anderson Paak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2023 9:59 PM

They are a lot more attractive than the American freaks at the Grammys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2023 10:01 PM

R18 Great bone structure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2023 10:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2023 4:21 AM

They're nice looking guys. All of them.

Not every singer can have the fabulous Anglo-Saxon looks of Ed Sheeran or Lewis Capaldi.

by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2023 4:25 AM

They're nice looking guys.

Not everyone can have the fabulous Anglo-Saxon looks of Ed Sheeran or Lewis Capaldi.

by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2023 4:26 AM

They are certainly no Sam Smith

by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2023 4:27 AM

Sorry about the repeated post - I thought I'd made a mistake and not posted it.

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2023 4:32 AM

If it wasn’t for their hairstyles, they’d all look exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2023 6:49 AM

I thought they were a female band. I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2023 6:59 AM

Beauty and physical attractiveness are subjective and can vary greatly among different individuals and cultures. What one person finds attractive may not be the same for another.

BTS is a popular K-pop group that has gained a large fan base globally. Many fans are drawn to the group not only for their music but also for their personalities, charisma, and style.

It's important to remember that people have different tastes and preferences when it comes to physical attractiveness. While some people may find BTS members unattractive, others may find them extremely attractive. Additionally, it's not uncommon for people's perceptions of attractiveness to be influenced by factors such as personality, style, and talent.

It's also important to avoid making derogatory comments about people's physical appearance as it can be hurtful and disrespectful. It's always better to focus on positive aspects of people rather than negative criticisms.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2023 7:02 AM

BTS are wholesome nice people who don't dress like slobs, are respectful and nice and sing songs with messages. They have values, don't sing about sex, drugs or disrespecting people which is opposite of Western music lately. For example Cardi B and Meg the Stallion sings about a wet Vagina? So sick of recent Western music and the artists who dress like slobs or wear loose baggy pants and have nasty tattoos all over the place or dress to shock.

I think these kinds of threads point to an ignorant form of racism inherent in many societies and it's more ugly and blatant here. For example, people in Asia view Kpop idols who are mixed race (like white/Asian) as not as attractive and some have even faced ostracism and bullying. I don't think people of any country should stoop to this level but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2023 7:13 AM

I'll admit I couldn't be less interested in K Pop. That said: seven in a "boy band" is at least two too many, IMO. If they have different talents (ability to rap well, etc.), it DOES make a more versatile group. And it's better for profit margins of course, because they have seven different people with whom audiences can obsess, and just as many chances to create big solo careers, and thusly...more money.

But at that rate, producers should just start creating boy bands with fifteen or twenty members.

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2023 7:22 AM

How far over the going rate must BTS have priced their used textbooks to elicit such a reaction?

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2023 7:27 AM

Its called the female gaze.

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2023 7:38 AM

The Korean government made a big mistake by not giving BTS an exemption because they will see a loss of billions of dollars to their economy.

by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2023 7:39 AM

Not one of them has a penis.

by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2023 7:56 AM

They've had more plastic surgery than you can imagine.

by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2023 7:59 AM

I find them attractive, and I think I can sorta explain why to OP too. They are all quite androgynous and pretty, thats the attraction for me. R28 nails it when they says;

[quote]Beauty and physical attractiveness are subjective and can vary greatly among different individuals and cultures. What one person finds attractive may not be the same for another.

It certainly isnt the music which does nothing for me. As R16 says they mimic crap music. If they were doing something like Lou Reed or Steve Earle or JJ Cale I'd be totally into them (hope that answers your question R17). There is a huge history of great American music they could tap into, shame they dont

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2023 10:03 AM

What R34 said.

by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2023 12:09 PM

Well, now that one is in the Army and the second is about to enter, and all will serve defending their country, maybe they won't be so androgynous to you. Jin was named Commander of Trainees by the military commanders at the base fifty miles from North Korea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 7, 2023 12:14 PM

To those who think all they do is K-Pop, here is heavy rap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 7, 2023 12:19 PM

How many of them have had "work" done to their faces?

(I'll bet all of them).

by Anonymousreply 40March 7, 2023 12:50 PM

BTS and their ilk fall under a different beauty paradigm.

OP notes Harry Shum who is more traditionally western looking with the usual jawline and masculine facial structure.

The BTS guys - and most of the Asian men and women who engage in a lot of plastic surgery, look more androgynous leaning toward feminine by western standards while the women look more like anime sex kittens than actual people.

by Anonymousreply 41March 7, 2023 12:56 PM

BTS sounds like serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 42March 7, 2023 1:20 PM

Racist

by Anonymousreply 43March 7, 2023 1:34 PM

These guys are just the Korean version of David Cassidy, minus the big dick.

by Anonymousreply 44March 7, 2023 2:20 PM

I think they’re all attractive in a way that feels more accessible than intimidating. They have the kind of looks where a fan can believe that if the circumstances were right they might have a chance. It’s not remotely true of course, but lots of people prefer that more down to earth level of attractiveness.

RM is not conventionally attractive, but he’s very attractive when you watch him. He’s incredibly smart and comfortable in his leadership role and a lot of people find that sexy. Jungkook, on the other hand, is obviously good looking.

I’m not a fan of the make up and Koreans revere a level of skinniness, even for the men, that I don’t find attractive, but other than that, I think they’re good-looking.

If you think they all look the same you are clearly not used to looking at Asian features. I don’t think that unfamiliarity makes a person a racist, but believing that your perception is correct is bullshit racism. These guys don’t look alike at all.

by Anonymousreply 45March 7, 2023 4:51 PM

[quote]How many of them have had "work" done to their faces?

How many white entertainers have had something done to their faces? I'll bet most all of them.

by Anonymousreply 46March 7, 2023 5:04 PM

[quote]BTS sounds like serial killers.

Bind Torture Seduce

by Anonymousreply 47March 7, 2023 5:10 PM

Actually, OP, the members of BTS have endured a lot of hate during their career, much of which came from South Korea, because they did not adhere to " Korean beauty standards." As a matter of fact, there were online petitions from fans of other groups to kick out J-Hope and RM for being ugly. Here are the Korean beauty standards for Korean men:

Pale and Flawless Skin

Small Face

Big Eyes

Double Eyelids

Well-defined Nose

Plump Lips

Styled Hair

Height (180cm)

Clean Look

Androgynous Body

So, to the strict standard, they are not traditionally attractive in Korea, as compared to other male groups. Very much like American rappers are not followed in the US because they are " attractive," or singers such as Billy Eilish, Lizzo, Adele, Sam Smith, and the Weeknd aren't popular because they look like they are from heaven. They speak to the audience and, thus, become attractive. DL is obsessed with looks, so, if you don't think they are attractive, that's fine, but, when they return from military service and once again perform in 2025, they will still be very popular, perhaps moreso, and many people around the world will find them attractive.

by Anonymousreply 48March 7, 2023 10:30 PM

Here's one guy who didn't think they were ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 7, 2023 10:51 PM

Let's talk attractive, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 7, 2023 10:55 PM

BTS and a number of other K-Pop groups are following a "Flower Boy" ascetic. It's not new. It has been around for several hundred years in parts of Korea. There used to be an elite warrior class of "Flower Boys" in one of the kingdoms of Korea.

by Anonymousreply 51March 7, 2023 11:21 PM

Having a 24/7 tweezer-wielding crystal wrangler on retainer is not what I think of when I hear “ascetic.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 8, 2023 12:13 AM

R28 sounds very similar to the bot from the Julia Roberts thread.

by Anonymousreply 53March 8, 2023 12:21 AM

Don’t most boyband members look the same? One Direction, New Kids On The Block, *NSYNC, etc., were all asexual and unattractive kids with too much makeup.

I don’t see what’s different about BTS.

by Anonymousreply 54March 8, 2023 12:31 AM

R54 Joey knight was very good looking

by Anonymousreply 55March 8, 2023 12:32 AM

My favorite member

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 8, 2023 3:49 AM

[quote] I don’t understand the obsession with Korean men who look women

I like guys who look like women, regardless of race. All pretty boys look like girls. You're obviously an unattractive bottom OP.

by Anonymousreply 57March 8, 2023 9:08 AM

Why are there always so many of them in a group? They all look the same to me.

Yes, I know. And I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2023 10:09 AM

They are hardly hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 11, 2023 12:04 PM

The one in OP's pic reminds me of every female internal auditor I've ever known at all the banks I've worked at.

by Anonymousreply 60March 11, 2023 12:06 PM

All of there were likely mistreated in the K-pop “trainee” system. If you look back on how they started, it’s very humble.

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2023 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!