Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Cuomo on his firing from CNN: "I'll never be what I was."

Chris Cuomo is speaking out after his ousting from CNN more than a year ago, claiming "I'll never be what I was" in an interview with the "No BS News Hour" podcast last week.

"I am emotionally and psychologically beat up and changed by what I went through," Cuomo told podcast hosts Charlie LeDuff and Karen Dumas, as reported by the New York Post on Saturday. "My show is different because I am different, not that I was in some lefty silo."

Cuomo was fired from CNN in December 2021, after he helped his brother and former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo handle an array of public sexual misconduct accusations that led to the governor's resignation.

The former CNN anchor now hosts a flagship primetime show on the cable network NewsNation, where he's recently landed high profile interviews with subjects like Ye, the artist formerly known as Kanye West.

Cuomo told LeDuff and Dumas he wasn't given the opportunity to say goodbye to his staff after CNN abruptly fired him, per the Post. But the news anchor still said he views CNN as the "best news organization in the world."

He further asserted that he never influenced news coverage of his brother after accusations of sexual misconduct surfaced, per the Post.

"I never did anything to manipulate media coverage of my brother," he told the podcast hosts.

Cuomo added that the media fallout he experienced after being fired by CNN has changed the way he conducts his new show on NewsNation, the Post reported.

"I'll never be number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on some bulls–t media power list. I'm okay with that," he told LeDuff and Dumas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2023 1:17 PM

poor meeeeeeeeeeee

oh how I suffered, nobody understands me, I am a victim

and have learned nothing

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2023 3:51 PM

His employers at NewsNation must be thrilled with this interview.

He's basically trashing them, by saying they're nothing, compared to the big networks.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2023 3:53 PM

R2 “It is what it is!”

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2023 4:04 PM

“Well, there’s always NewsNation….”

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2023 4:05 PM

STFU, Fredo.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2023 4:07 PM

I thought the Nepo Baby discourse ended last week.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2023 4:10 PM

I’m nothing, I’m nothing!

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2023 4:20 PM

He should have seen the problems inherent in being a news anchor whose brother is a controversial state governor and taken extra steps to make sure there was not even the appearance of a conflict of interest. I have zero sympathy for him.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2023 4:23 PM

You poor thing. We all weep for you.

You've proved that you shouldn't be in a public facing news organization because you are too stupid to realize what a pompous, clueless, asshole you sound like.

Are. Not just sound like. You are a a pompous, clueless, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2023 4:30 PM

R9 is NOT one of his FANS!

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2023 4:37 PM

I was a fan of this hot mess, but I knew that he was, well, a hot mess who would soon burn out. For me, he lost his "unpredictable iconoclast" credentials after the ridiculously inauthentic, bad-student-film footage of him "reemerging" from his (supposed) Hamptons-basement quarantine digs to hug his family members for the first time in weeks. And the kids were almost visibly rolling their eyes. Didn't help that he'd been captured on video during that time yelling at an intrusive passerby -- he clearly hadn't quarantined. I root for him, because he's raw and weird, but I'll bravely power on if he quietly vanishes.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2023 4:41 PM

Call the paraMEdics

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2023 4:42 PM

Has anyone asked how I'M doing?

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2023 4:50 PM

This guy has the ego to end all egos. His CNN show was me, me, me, me, me. On split screen he was shown in extreme close-up while his guests were medium shot just in case you didn't notice he was the star of the show. On transitions to the next scheduled show he would go on and on, didn't understand that his time slot had EXPIRED. I was relieved when CNN fired him, not because of what he did but because I couldn't stand his ego-maniacal presence. He couldn't go far enough into the void AFAIC.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 4:58 PM

Auditioning for FOX???

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 5:04 PM

Bipolar? Coke?

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 5:08 PM

He needs to SHUT UP and DISROBE.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2023 5:56 PM

Ne was one of those people who were born on third base and thought he hit a triple play. Nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2023 6:22 PM

[quote]Ne was one of those people who were born on third base and thought he hit a triple play.

Umm. Your baseball analogy is a little fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2023 6:23 PM

Sorry: I meant "He was born on third base and thought he hit a triple," which is an old saying (but I fucked it up).

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2023 6:38 PM

He's a slimy, hot-headed dick hole. I don't even want to hate fuck him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2023 6:42 PM

THANK you, R19!

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2023 6:46 PM

In keeping with the poster upthread who highlighted his extreme egomaniacal tendencies, I think he faked covid during the first wave to keep himself front and centre of the whole narrative. At the very least he faked the severity of his symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2023 7:28 PM

R16 -- A little of column A, a little of column B.

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2023 7:47 PM

[quote] "I am emotionally and psychologically beat up and changed by what I went through," Cuomo told podcast hosts

Chris, I’ll still suck you off and swallow. Should help to take your mind off of the situation and focus it on your groin.

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2023 12:55 AM

Hey Chris, I bought some new jockstraps. Come on over.

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2023 1:06 AM

He's a douchecanoe and an egotist.

That, however, does not preclude me from working my tongue deep inside his hole for an hour or so before he fucks a load into mine.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2023 1:13 AM

Winning...

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2023 1:17 AM

Oh, Christopher!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2023 1:19 AM

I like him, regardless.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2023 2:00 AM

Poor FREDO

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2023 2:10 AM

[quote]He's a douchecanoe and an egotist.

[Quote]That, however, does not preclude me from working my tongue deep inside his hole for an hour or so before he fucks a load into mine.

If people like you would stop idolizing people like him and salivating over them, then maybe they wouldn't be douche canoes and egotists.

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2023 2:19 AM

For the very first time, I tried watching his show tonight on NewsMax. I got about fifteen minutes into it, and changed the channel. His show is dull and whiney. Not for me. (Though he's still eye candy).

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2023 2:27 AM

He should have never been fired. He did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2023 2:33 AM

Does he still wear that boring combo of black suit, white shirt, black tie every night on the new show? Some blues would really bring out his beautiful eyes, Why must he dress like usher?

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2023 2:38 AM

[quote]He should have never been fired. He did nothing wrong.

LOL -

[quote]The younger Cuomo brother helped craft the official response to allegations against his brother, arguing that it should be framed in terms of a "cancel culture" dominating the liberal wing of his brother's Democratic Party. Cuomo also said he had identified one of the women accusing the governor of sexual harassment and attempted to find out what would be in a forthcoming article about then-Gov. Cuomo by the investigative journalist Ronan Farrow.

He did even more.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2023 2:40 AM

Just to put a bright red X on it:

[quote]Numerous CNN journalists have told NPR and other news outlets that they believed Chris Cuomo had clearly violated professional and ethical canons by seeking to manage media coverage of his brother, an elected official.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2023 2:41 AM

He needs to shut up and take out his big Italian cock already!

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2023 2:42 AM

Mamma mia!

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2023 2:52 AM

Hiss.

HISSSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2023 3:14 AM

[quote] He's a douchecanoe and an egotist. That, however, does not preclude me from working my tongue deep inside his hole for an hour or so before he fucks a load into mine.

Fuck yeah

by Anonymousreply 41January 25, 2023 10:51 PM

I just saw this.

It's terrifying.

It's bizarre that as a media personality he doesn't have the wherewithal not to announce this publicly, but since he didn't actually go through with this, someone should publicly examine his mentality and get to the bottom of it.

Nearly every mass shooting is committed by some white guy with a grudge about feeling disenfranchised and wronged.

And then afterward, media pundits like Chris Cuomo and politicians like fill-in-the-blank talk about the need to address mental illness. It's a red herring. These murders are not related to mental illness; they're caused by men who can't live with bruised egos.

Mental illness ranges from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder-level psychosis to paralyzing depression and anxiety disorders. Mental illness is not a rich dude getting fired for violating journalistic ethics or some poor white guy not getting laid in Flint, Michigan or some poor white Republican in Texas whose drunk mother berates him taking out his rage in some demented belief that Jesus plus spraying bullets equals how to get to heaven.

Cuomo should be probed about this for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2023 10:04 AM

Nobody likes a crybaby.

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2023 10:16 AM

[quote]"I'll never be what I was."

But you never were what you thought you were.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2023 10:19 AM

[quote]r42 "I am emotionally and psychologically beat up and changed by what I went through”… The former CNN anchor now hosts a flagship primetime show on the cable network NewsNation

[bold]#WhiteBoyProblems

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2023 10:22 AM

He was paid a fortune to blow hot air.

Something I don't understand is why people like the Kardashians and Paris Hilton et al are lambasted for being famous with no discernable talent to justify it, and the same people who bitch endlessly about the Kardashians invading their news spaces lionize people like Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper et al.

They likewise have no discerable talent other than presenting themselves pompously and reading from a teleprompter mostly without stumbling (which Paris Hilton and the Kardashians also can do).

I suppose they also have to know how to wrap up a conversation in time for a commercial and when to look at the camera with the light on it but those are literally the only requirements other than being photogenic and arrogant.

And people fucking IDOLIZE their news readers and pundits and regard them as modern-day oracles. It makes me question the intelligence capacities of news watchers.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2023 10:25 AM

I couldn’t stand the fake love sessions between him and Don Lemon every night. Chris Cuomo seems like the type to pretend to accept/love the gays, but call them faggots in private.

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2023 10:39 AM

[quote]He should have seen the problems inherent in being a news anchor whose brother is a controversial state governor and taken extra steps to make sure there was not even the appearance of a conflict of interest. I have zero sympathy for him.

If he had an iota of self-awareness, he might say something along the lines of: I let my love protectiveness of my brother get the best of me & in doing so, I lost the trust of my company, my co-workers & my audience (he may not be able to outright admit it due to legal implications). I'm still committed to journalism & I'm grateful that I still have a forum to do what I'm passionate about & a conflicted world needs now more than ever (or something along those lines)

Instead, he disses his current employer & talks about how butt hurt he is instead of acknowledging his clear violation of ethics, not just some "lefty silo" nonsense. We knew he was a stunt queen, but I'm kind of surprised he such an idiot

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2023 11:10 AM

[quote] Chris Cuomo: "I'll never be what I was."

Maybe it’s just called getting older?

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2023 11:15 AM

Whatever happened to that giant Q-tip?

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2023 11:25 AM

Both Cuomo are arrogant bullies but I still don’t know why both had to be destroyed. The Gov was a jerk who flirted with pretty girls and kissed some women aggressively. His bro tried to help,him deal with the blowback. No criminal or civil,charges were filed unless I’m wrong. Seems like overkill.

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2023 11:33 AM

I love that he ACTUALLY got back at the person who fired him. That never happens.

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2023 12:39 PM

This rich, white, heterosexual, seemingly healthy, male, reasonably good-looking son of a well-known politician

IS THE REAL VICTIM, PEOPLES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2023 12:46 PM

I remember just a few years ago when CNN invented a faux buddyhood between Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo, with Chris doing a nightly 'handoff' with stupid fake banter between the two of them, and all these people online bought it and celebrated their fabulous friendship. It was so stupid, one of those things that makes me question if not the intelligence capacity then at least the impressionability capacity of the general populace.

And the other Cuomo. People celebrating him as a hero and acting like he was the public-health equivalent to Anthony Fauci and he totally ate it up. Then the bizarre 'pierced nipples' thing that made him a 'hot daddy.'

Then these pigs' real natures are revealed and everyone loses their memories of who they thought they were worshiping.

And then both Cuomos rage against the unjust world and lament that they will never again be who they never really were.

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2023 1:02 PM

This is verging on Harry and Meghan levels of pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2023 1:05 PM

[quote]"I'll never be what I was."

"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender, I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2023 1:11 PM

Chris, when Don Lemon gets fired, the two of you can do a Roxie-and-Velma road show!

The name on everbody's lips is gonna be CUOMO!

Cuo-mo and Don!

Doot, doo doo doot doot doot...Cuo-mo...doo doo doot doot doot.

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2023 1:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!