Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If pay were commensurate with value to society, which jobs would get the highest salary?

Teacher.

EMT.

Doctor.

Farmer.

So how is it that "influencers" and "crypto traders" and Kardashians get paid millions for doing nothing of value, and yet the above jobs get paid next to nothing.

We need to change this, and if I were a politician, I'd run on this platform.

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2023 1:39 AM

Therapists/Psychiatrists — we need tons more of them.

Veterinarians

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2023 3:05 PM

Gay message board webmistress.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2023 3:10 PM

^^^^^^

Suck up!

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2023 3:11 PM

Receptionists. They're paid the least and expected to represent the company to guests, in dress and attitude.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2023 12:38 AM

I think if your job involves any proximity to human waste (such as nurses or whoever works in the SEWER) should be paid a fortune

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2023 12:43 AM

Assisted Living aides. Pay them a decent wage to get decent assistance.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2023 12:07 AM

Look at R4, head of the secretarial pool. Do you do shorthand, dear?

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2023 12:10 AM

Adjunct professors

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2023 12:17 AM

Farms are largely corporate at this point. Actually in the U.S. they have been for a long time. Bill gates specializes in buying out corporate farming all over the world. He sees that climate change is going to be really hard on food production and is setting himself up to remain sickeningly wealthy. Here’s a list that comes to mind of valuables. Oil rig workers. Doctors and dentists. Farm workers, Nurses. Gas station attendants, Truck drivers. Grocery store workers.Child care providers. Road repair crews.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2023 12:35 AM

Me slapping you silly, OP.

Excuse me.

Sillier.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2023 12:42 AM

R9 shut the fuck up. I come from a farm family in the heart of the Midwest. There are still tons of family farms throughout the United States. My uncles and aunts are grain farmers.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2023 12:43 AM

R11 Clearly You’re too stupid to farm anything but back hair. Stay on Fox News. Where you get your “Information”

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2023 1:17 AM

I was thinking about just this reading about the gay TikTok influencer finding glory and followers and undoubtedly cash by crowing about contracting STDs.

I’m a public school elementary teacher. I don’t really need any more money than I make, but I’d love to cut the superficial flotsam like this out of public consciousness and direct people’s energy (and dollars) elsewhere.

I’d like to see everyone who works hard make a living wage, have solid health insurance, and receive enough for retirement by 65.

I’d like to see influencers fall off the fucking face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2023 1:26 AM

OP, I’ll vote for you.

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2023 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!