Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nancy Pelosi Needs An Exorcism

The government is losing their minds. Strange times we're living in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2023 4:25 PM

Of course it's silly but people cope with a violent attack on their spouse in their own home differently.

Sounds like it affected her dramatically, as something like that would. Here's from OPs article:

[quote]"I think that weighed really heavy on her soul," Alexandra said, referring to Nancy. [bold"I think it really broke her.[/bold] Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services."

Again, of course it's silly, but I don't blame people for grasping at straws to find a bit of comfort after something like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2023 5:49 AM

It’s weird but that’s Catholicism for ya. Christianity overall is a very bizarre death cult.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2023 5:59 AM

OP, learn how to link. Jesus. Google? Really?

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2023 6:16 AM

Her religious faith led her to exorcism I would say. Good for her if it helps.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2023 6:21 AM

Rich Californians are easy marks for mysticism

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2023 6:26 AM

"All in all, dealing with Trump was worse than dealing with Pazuzu."

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2023 6:35 AM

I'm here to exercise my demons.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2023 6:53 AM

I’ll always give her props for keeping her religion away from the rest of us. Remember reading the previous pope challenged her on her political beliefs. Coming from a Catholic family, any 80+ year old who can defy the pope himself is okay with me. My problem with religion has never been people believing nonsense. It’s always been people forcing the rest of us to believe it too.

Side note but this Alexandra daughter has been everywhere since Nancy announced she was stepping aside. I never knew she existed before.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2023 7:39 AM

[quote]Side note but this Alexandra daughter has been everywhere since Nancy announced she was stepping aside. I never knew she existed before.

Alexandra Pelosi is a documentary maker of note. I've seen her make various media appearances when she was promoting a film or tv work. She's been around but just more doing her own thing. She's probably the go-to for this when looking for the family perspective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2023 7:50 AM

Well well! The most high-profile invocation of the supernatural in US politics since Nancy Reagan's personal astrologer!

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2023 8:00 AM

Paul Pelosi was hot in his younger years.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2023 8:02 AM

You're a fucking moron R3 posting from the AOL days if the internet. Get the fuck outta here.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2023 8:41 AM

The daughter inherited Nancy’s huge knockers.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 10:57 AM

I've always been very anti religion. When my mother was suffering I got desperate - went to a church - sat in a back pew for probably 2 hours just sitting there thinking about what I could do to help her or get past it - anything. I eventually spoke to the preacher. Maybe it made me feel a little more comforted in that moment. I really was desperate and probably somewhat losing my mind out of this new terrifying experience.

(I know, way to make it all about me)

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 11:03 AM

Her husband picked up a make prostitute at hustler bar and she thinks an exorcism is going to cure her husband’s gayness.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 12:20 PM

Paul Pelosi is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2023 12:54 PM

R17- Richard Simmons is not gay either.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2023 1:04 PM

r16 reveals the ignorance, self-hatred and fear of right-wingers.

Their cohort committed a violent political crime causing bodily harm to a person ( elderly, to boot), but let's focus on implying that being gay somehow justifies it.

I'd feel sorry for you, r16, you'd deserving of my pity for living in such fear and ignorance, but your words lead to actual harm so you're just another Trumper Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2023 1:17 PM

R15 did it help? How's your mom?

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2023 2:29 PM

Nancy is an elderly Catholic lady, so this checks out. And if I had as much evil energy directed at me as this woman has had in the past decade (at least), I’d be calling the priests too, and this wouldn’t be the first time.

And a point of clarification… Catholics are technically Christians, but “Christians” tend to hate Catholics, the Pope and the BVM being two of the main reasons. Silly, really, since the most extreme of both factions have the same goal of “purifying” and hand maiden-ing this country.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2023 2:46 PM

Italian Catholic. Totally normal

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2023 2:58 PM

r16/r18 - Shouldn't you be off somewhere puking up your Cheesy Baked Pumpkin Pasta With Kale?

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2023 2:59 PM

This is kinda sad. Poor guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2023 3:03 PM

It was probably just a house blessing. Getting your house blessed by a priest is a totally normal thing for Catholics to do, and when I was still a practicing Catholic, I had my (gay) priest bless my house when I bought it and first moved in.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2023 3:04 PM

That MAGAT basically murdered him and these assholes are making jokes about it. Elected officials joking and shitting out conspiracy theories. Something is deeply wrong with republicans. They all seem to be on the sociopath and/or schizophrenia spectrum. Just the worst people and there is no end in sight to their terribleness. No line they won't cross. Maybe America could use an exorcism.

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2023 3:07 PM

This is a very common thing believe it or not. My family is Orthodox and it’s a tradition for the priest to come in the new year and bless the house.

I’m not that religious but one thing I know. If there is a heaven and hell, Reich wing assholes will be going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2023 3:12 PM

Did her pudding have an undertaste?

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2023 3:29 PM

All of these assholes ON A GAY WEBSITE excusing this attack because they claim Paul Pelosi is gay. So what if he is? (And we know he isn’t.) What on earth says he’s allowed to be beaten?

The asshole who beat him up already said why he did it.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2023 3:45 PM

I know. It's nuts. The party who lies the worst is believed the most.

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2023 3:57 PM

r2 most common with native american (philo christian, semitic, blended) spirituality to have a home cleanse after violence occurred. We could argue it's the influence of catholicism ( though, catholics may argue that's really more the influences from orthodox christians to which for centuries they treated those converts as pagans operating within a catholic paradigm and heavy use of holy imagery.)

but whatever, no sage burning or smokeless sage spray for you... which unitarian universalists use the most before and after services.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2023 4:03 PM

r26 the act doesn't matter, only the participant. you've made it clear yourself. it's only about the politics not the crime. a platform for you target whatever it is you hate and boost up your social currency points as the moral one true believer.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2023 4:05 PM

r32 the same way that religious reich uses such crimes to platform their agenda.

human beings, however, tend to gravitate to gallows humour in order to cope with such events, conscious of the politics involed, and careful to neither expose their vulnerable emotions nor become callous to the situation at hand. It is the more sociable way to discuss things. . . as to defuse tension and escape the moral, handwringing, pearl clutching superiority contests and infighting. . .

many reported with the holocaust you had to see a doctor before being sent to the gas chamber, if you did, would you hold your stomach in? I mean, he's still a doctor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2023 4:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2023 4:13 PM

R32? What the fuck is it you're trying to say? Tell Vlad your English skills are lacking and get your ass to the Ukraine

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2023 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!