Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sam Smith admits it's 'a shame' no women have been nominated for the BRITs Best Artist Award

following gender-neutral overhaul - despite previously calling for the ceremony to be more 'reflective'

This bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2023 9:26 PM

Also, this bitch Owen Jones. He pushed the Brit Awards to get rid of gendered categories. When it was announced that no women would be nominated for the award, he tweeted this:

My view is gender neutral awards should reserve 50% of nominations for women. Women represent a majority of the music industry workforce, so the Academy making the nominations should also be weighted to be at least 50% women, too.

He could have said that the awards should go back to the way it was before, but his ego and pride wouldn't allow for that.

There are now five women who won't get media exposure on the broadcast. All because these narcissistic fucks are too gender special and precious.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2023 3:53 AM

Here's Sam on SNL.

What a stud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2023 4:03 AM

Can we please have some good gay role models? Normal, somewhat masculine men?

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2023 4:05 AM

BWAAAAH!

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2023 4:19 AM

and this will just keep happening until women get fed the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2023 9:19 AM

So this whole thing is the product of a couple of " men" who are ashamed to be men. Were women consulted or is it one of those " Latinx" situations?

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote] Can we please have some good gay role models? Normal, somewhat masculine men?

Stop fem shaming! All gay men are just women in men's bodies!

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2023 12:48 PM

So he's making piss videos now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2023 12:50 PM

How utterly grotesque! I'm not averse to a bit of pissplay but it is physically impossible for Sam to be anything other than revolting. At least until he loses a substantial amount of weight.

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2023 1:01 PM

Fucking hell, what an exhausting waste of flesh and bone: 25 hours a day scolding his inferiors.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2023 1:08 PM

Sam Smith would kill to have the body of Harry Styles or Shawn Mendes but he doesn't have the stamina or willpower to work on his appearance so instead he's gone down the fatty boom boom route and masquerading as 'body positive'. He's Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2023 1:13 PM

[quote]I'm not averse to a bit of pissplay

I'm just surprised to see it in a music video from a mainstream artist.

(Which he is, though I'm sure he "identifies" as groundbreaking and avant-garde.)

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Oh, I agree that it's surprising in a video by someone who is undoubtedly mainstream, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2023 1:23 PM

His boyfriends were so gay for pay. poor fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2023 1:31 PM

Frankie Goes to Hollywood were alluding to pissplay FORTY years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2023 1:32 PM

"I'm not here to make friends"

Mission very much accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2023 1:37 PM

I love how even my fellow gay men pretend to be shocked and horrified by an attention seeking music video.

Like Madonna, Gaga and pretty much any pop tart since the year dot hasn't done the same thing.

I swear we're going more and more right wing/puritanical. And I wouldn't mind so much if most of the people pretending to be shocked weren't up to all kinds of shit themselves in their private lives. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2023 1:44 PM

Maybe they can be the first?

by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2023 4:33 AM

He does seem to be jumping on the latest bandwagon. I don’t buy him as a they

by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2023 5:30 AM

R19, Sam weighs about the same as multiple, plural people, so 'they' isn't too out of order.

by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2023 5:41 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2023 5:48 AM

R15 But you'd fuck them. They are hot. Sam is a hog.

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2023 5:51 AM

Sam on Graham Norton. He gets his moobs out at the end. Ground Breaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2023 5:53 AM

Rumor is his next video will have scat during a Drag Queen story time plot line. Anything to push limits. So brave.

by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2023 6:29 AM

What is it with nasty Yassss Kweens who think being raunchy as possible is “liberation”?

by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2023 6:31 AM

Why is he dressing like a divorcee in her 50s who’s getting her groove back?

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2023 12:32 AM

Just imagine how hideous Sam will be in his actual 50s.

Thank god I'll probably be dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2023 12:55 PM

R21 Nah some of the objections are definitely bordering on puritanical. Mary! is right.

by Anonymousreply 28January 31, 2023 9:57 PM

Unless he puts the fork down, I don't think Mx Smith will be making it to them's fifties, R27.

by Anonymousreply 29January 31, 2023 11:13 PM

Smith is trying to act like Lil Nas X and shock the public, but he/they remains too old and overweight to garner any sort of sympathy from the public. Pack it up and stick to making good music again.

by Anonymousreply 30January 31, 2023 11:19 PM

R2- Replacing Kim Petras with Chloe Fineman doing an impression of Iggy Azalea would have been a massive improvement here, as well. And I'm not a particularly great fan of Chloe Fineman.

by Anonymousreply 31January 31, 2023 11:25 PM

He’s only 30?!

by Anonymousreply 32January 31, 2023 11:36 PM

lil Nas X is hilarious. I don’t love his music but I loved his maternity shoot for his album. And he’s hot

by Anonymousreply 33February 1, 2023 2:09 AM

All the threads on fat fuck are being deleted.

by Anonymousreply 34February 5, 2023 9:24 PM

Gays are ruining the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2023 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!