Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

She Said (2022)

The movie about bringing down Harvey Weinstein that flopped. It’s now available on Peacock. Anyone watch it? It was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2023 2:06 AM

I thought it was an utter bore. In trying very hard to be true to the two rather boring women reporters who hunted down the story, the film is left with no juice, very little tension or emotion, except for the brief cameo by the victim played by the great Jennifer Ehle.

It's about as artless as can be. A documentary about them would have been more dramatic. The film has plenty of integrity but no grit.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2023 9:36 PM

Related

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2023 9:38 PM

I plan on watching eventually, however, not now.

I’m so fucking sick of Harvey Weinstein. I know he won’t be starring in this as a character, & I think some of these actors are fucking FANTASTIC in other roles I’ve seen them in, but you have to be in the mood to watch a film about something you know so much about, due to previous media saturation.

But yeah. It’s on my list, and I will check it out.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2023 9:40 PM

There is an actor who plays Harvey but you only see him from the back.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2023 9:46 PM

I haven’t watched it but I thought it was Ronan Farrow who broke the story?

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2023 9:55 PM

I watched it. Imagine a limp “All the President’s Men” where Redford and Hoffman spend most of the movie putting their kids to bed and checking on their day school.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2023 9:57 PM

Just watched it too OP.

Samantha Morton and Jennifer Ehle were the highlights for me. Patricia Clarkson was also good.

Found the tone a bit off though. It was like they were uncovering Auschwitz.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2023 10:07 PM

R3 Agreed it was too soon for this movie. Harvey hasn’t even been tried for all of his crimes. There’s serval Trump references as well. This movie could’ve waited another 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2023 10:34 PM

several*

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2023 10:34 PM

She’s a great actress but Samantha Morton’ scenes were surprisingly terrible.

It was a mistake to cast Carey Mulligan and Zoe Kazan. They’re sort of wan and brittle. Obviously there is an issue with casting because so many better choices had Weinstein baggage.

It’s the sort of role which require actors with a stronger presence, someone with star power like Emma Stone or Anne Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2023 10:59 PM

Carey seemed to be using vocal fry. Maybe that fits the real journo but it was annoying and made her sound dumb.

The Samantha Morton and Jennifer Ehle scenes were undermined by stupid flashbacks. Just let them act!

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2023 11:02 PM

They could have cut out the shit with their husbands and kids in Park Slope and made the movie 90 minutes instead of 2 hours. I didn’t need the somber FaceTime scene where the 9 year old asks about rape 🙄

Did HW harass/assault Jennifer Lawrence? How would she have escaped it?

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2023 11:49 PM

“I slept with Jennifer Lawrence and look where she is; she has just won an Oscar,” the accuser recalled Weinstein telling her, Variety reported. In a statement obtained by PEOPLE, Lawrence — who won an Oscar for the Weinstein-produced film Silver Linings Playbook — denied any sexual relationship with Weinstein.

Why did Jennifer Lawrence Slam Harvey Weinstein? The actress slammed Weinstein because he told media she had planned to take a 12-month hiatus from acting after seeing her career fortunes rise. "That's just Harvey being an idiot," Lawrence said to MTV News on the 2014 Oscars red carpet at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. "He's not being an idiot, I don't know. I would like to take a year off.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2023 11:55 PM

It seemed to me that the journalists having families and children, while perhaps true to the real women's lives, was also used to contrast them with actresses whose priority was their career which is why so many got trapped by HW.

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2023 11:57 PM

She Shed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 12:11 AM

No spoilers please

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 1:09 AM

I thought it was a great contrast to All The President's Men, where none of those guys seemed to have any family and the women reporters had to manage an important story and important family.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2023 1:45 AM

R15, how dare you post that without crediting Liza!

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2023 2:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!