Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How's this winter been where you are, so far?

I've been hearing there's been much less snow in the usual wintry American snow zones this year. Gays don't seem to like snow so I guess many of you are happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2023 10:10 PM

Oh, nothing worth mentioning.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2023 7:41 PM

Very quiet where I am, OP.

No measurable snowfall at all, which is exceptionally rare.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2023 7:43 PM

Too long already. Too many huge snow dumps too early. Two months of several feet of snow is already old. I'm not even kidding when I say we haven't had more than 5 or 6 days of partial sunshine in the last two months.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2023 7:43 PM

Could you say where you are, R3 - roughly?

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2023 7:45 PM

There has been no shortage of snow in Minnesota.

So far, no major cold snaps. It’s gotten a few degrees below zero but not much colder.

I have the worst ice dams I’ve ever had on the roof, though.

What gets me through at this point are the slowly lengthening days. That and a good stout beer after sunset.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2023 7:46 PM

80s, a bit cloudy, lots of crazy people on meth.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2023 7:46 PM

It's been mild here in Chicago. Temps haven't been bad on many days. We've had some snow but it hasn't been much and has melted fairly quickly. And it's almost February, so the end of winter is in sight.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2023 7:47 PM

I'm in northern Wisconsin very close to western border of the U.P.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2023 7:50 PM

It has been nice and cold , for us, here in the fetid hell of the south. I am loving it.

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2023 7:52 PM

January might as well have been November, so far.

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2023 7:53 PM

Sorry, hit return too soon. I am in Toronto. It's been very mild. Christmas was white and fairly cold. ( A wokester child told me from now on I should say Christmas was snowy.) We are expecting a good snow storm Weds and Thurs, apparently... 20 cm (almost 8") but forecast snowfalls are alot like internet dick inches, you never know how it will measure up until it's out in front of ya.

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2023 7:57 PM

While I am enjoying the rare cold spell here, the tornado that touched down in my county nearly frightened me to death. It was a very close call.

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2023 8:01 PM

Glad you’re ok, r12.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2023 8:02 PM

R13- Thank you. Tornado's are simply terrifying and we have a lot of them, unfortunately. We have been extremely lucky so far. This was he closest call we have ever had. I was shaking, the sky turned an ominous color of green. But the sound of a tornado is the most terrifying sound there is, imo.

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote] Tornado's are simply terrifying and we have a lot of them,

Tornado’s what though?

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2023 8:11 PM

Holy shit, you were close enough to HEAR it?

Awww, HELL no. Pack our shit, we moving.

by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2023 8:12 PM

Lots of beautiful snow the past few days here in southern Germany, with more on the way. I absolutely love it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2023 8:13 PM

R15- ,Oh I just don't gaf today. I am battling COVID. Totally vaxxed and a fucking hermit for the past 3 years and took EVERY precaution and here I am, feeling like death is upon me.

by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2023 8:16 PM

R15- ,Oh I just don't gaf today. I am battling COVID. Totally vaxxed and a fucking hermit for the past 3 years and took EVERY precaution and here I am, feeling like death is upon me.

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2023 8:16 PM

Idk why everything is double posting today.

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2023 8:16 PM

NYC here and I can't say I've seen a single flake of snow yet.

Just a few years back we had our biggest snow storm of the season on the day before Halloween, remember?

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2023 8:17 PM

From this afternoon's walk in the woods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2023 8:17 PM

Feel better R18

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2023 8:19 PM

R22 Beautiful photo. How I wish I could be there. I love snow. It is comforting to me. Idk why but it probably because I love it but live in the south.

by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2023 8:21 PM

R23 Thank you. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Well, trump. McConnell... Let's just say every right wing republican, lol. This stuff makes you feel absolutely evil.

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2023 8:23 PM

I’m in Southeastern Wisconsin, OP.

You’d hardly know it is winter here.

A brief cold snap and windstorm in late December and since then dried-up brown grass as far as the eye can see.

A few dustings of snow or an inch here and there, but it has melted soon thereafter.

How anyone can deny climate change has me stumped.

by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2023 8:31 PM

R26- I have no idea. All they have to do is look outside their window to see the obvious. It must be nice to be mentally capable of denying reality when it is frightening. I wish I could do that.

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2023 8:35 PM

Cape Cod. Mild. Pleasant. Not at all winter-like, besides a few episodes of snowflakes. A few very windy days.

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2023 8:39 PM

Southeastern VA, and the winter has been typically mild. The people, however, have gotten meaner and fatter.

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2023 9:25 PM

New York City here. Unseasonably warm. No snow so far and none predicted through the end of January. Ridiculous! Where’s my snow???

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2023 9:39 PM

Thank you, R24 — I like snow, too. It makes everything so quiet and peaceful.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2023 9:55 PM

where is you, Dutchie - you don't say.

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2023 10:01 PM

[R21] I remember that! That was my idea of perfect snow. It came down in buckets, was pretty for a day, and then melted away. I lived across from CP, and the cops were chasing people out. The trees still had leaves, and with the added weight of the snow, they were afraid branches would snap and hurt people. I'm in New Orleans now. We had the same really cold snap most of the country had over Christmas, but it's been pretty warm since. In the 50s today but has been in the high 70s too. I love it! I moved from NYC partly to get away from the cold.

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2023 10:02 PM

I did mention it in my R17 post, R32: Southern Germany

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2023 10:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!