Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’ve been on the hunt for this Matthew McConaughey magazine cover forever

This was the 1996 August issue of Interview, with Matthew and Ashley Judd on the cover. I was 10 years old at the time but I remember seeing this issue at the corner store where they sold magazines, and that was the first time I ever laid eyes on him. My young brain was enamored. I didn’t know who he was until I read his name and later saw commercials for A Time To Kill and I knew who he was. I remember thinking he was so hot.

I recently remembered the image of him in a lake, wearing daisy dukes, but forgot Ashley was in the pic too and couldn’t remember which magazine he was covering. I only remembered him! I was telling my friend, who is a fan of his and she didn’t know what I was talking about. I have been on the hunt since and FINALLY found the image. Now I must buy the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 11:57 PM

I have a hardcopy version of that magazine for the same reason you liked it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2023 3:01 AM

R1 I’m sure…

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2023 3:06 AM

OP he was fine as fuck in those daisy dukes

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2023 3:07 AM

R3 correct, the image was implanted in my brain to the point I remember it all these years later. However, I genuinely forgot Ashley Judd was in the pic and my brain seemed to remember it as just Matthew in the pic. As if she was erased. Lol.

Had I remembered she was there it would have been an easier find.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2023 3:09 AM

[quote] As if she was erased.

Just like Wynonna was erased from my will.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2023 3:12 AM

If you must you must, OP. He's incredibly charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2023 3:16 AM

I wanted to watch A Time To Kill when it came out because it had him and Sandra in it, but my mom said no.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2023 3:18 AM

Were there any other photos of him inside the magazine?

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2023 3:20 AM

A clearer scan of the magazine, albeit darker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2023 3:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2023 3:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2023 3:24 AM

The Vanity Fair cover from the same period is what got me interested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2023 3:28 AM

Yes, young Matt was a babe. It’s the only reason he had a career back then. And Hollywood kept letting him have little comebacks after his drug stints.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2023 3:34 AM

I worked at a bookstore when that movie came out and I remember McConaughey was on the cover of at least a half dozen magazines at once. They really pushed him hard and I totally bought the hype. I forget which magazine posted these college modeling shots but bless them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2023 5:36 PM

R14 those were posted years later I believe.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 11:34 PM

R12 I had that cover on my bedroom wall when I was in high school. He looked so good.

Though r14 is nice, too! His face looks like a statue.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 11:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!