Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry scoffs at Graceland: "Designer was on acid"

The United States' resident British royal was unimpressed with The King of Rock n' Roll's historic home, according to his recently released memoir.

In his new autobiography, "Spare," Prince Harry described being unimpressed with Graceland, former home of the late Elvis Presley.

"People variously called the house a castle, a mansion, a palace. But it reminded me of the badger sett," Prince Harry wrote. "Dark, claustrophobic. I walked around saying, ‘The King lived here, you say? Really?’"

Elvis lived at Graceland from June 26, 1957, until his death Aug. 16, 1977.

In the book, Prince Harry quipped that whoever picked out the decor of the famous residence must have been on drugs.

Prince Harry recalled, "I stood in one tiny room with loud furniture and shag carpet and thought, ‘The King’s interior designer must have been on acid.’"

The immensely popular tourist attraction attracts more than 600,000 visitors a year, according to the property, and features some 200,000 square feet of entertainment space, restaurants, gift shops and more.

It is the second most-visited house in the country, behind only the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 29, 2023 2:38 AM

Are we sure Harry isn’t a Datalounger? She certainly has plenty of opinions.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2023 9:44 PM

My trip to Graceland was faaaast. I had diarrhea, see. I told my friends that I was well enough to do the tour. Wrong. I spent a lot of time in the men’s room shitting then begging them to leave so I could get an iced coffee.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2023 9:47 PM

EP's outfit in that pic is EVERYTHING

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2023 9:47 PM

Lol R1.

I can just hear him saying this:

[quote] The King lived here, you say? Really?’"

It's so subtly bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2023 9:47 PM

That was my first thought too, R1!

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2023 9:50 PM

Yeah, that's a good photo of Elvis.

Harry's such a dumb ass. Obviously, Graceland was a rich hillbilly's version of glamor. Harry, who knows how an actual queen and king live, should have understood that.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2023 9:50 PM

R6 Which makes it snobbish coming from someone of such privilege.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2023 9:52 PM

I was almost raped in the gift shop.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2023 9:52 PM

Is that you at R8, Lorna Luft?

Or are you Rose McGowan? Or Priscilla Presley? Or Ashley Judd?

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Does he really think America has anything approaching the real palaces he has lived in? Let alone a southern rock star from over half a century ago. He is quite stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2023 9:55 PM

I’m Natalie Green wearing a Charlie Chaplin costume

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote] Does he really think America has anything approaching the real palaces he has lived in?

Well there is one, actually.

A real palace, built for Hawaiian royalty in the 1800's.

It still stands today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2023 9:59 PM

Get your sorry ginger ass back to that Nott Cott cubbyhole with its IKEA pressboard nightstand.

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2023 9:59 PM

Harry, contrary to your entire limited real world experience, not all "Kings" have their homes bought and paid for by taxpayers, nor had the opportunity to pillage their subjects for centuries and be bribed for royal favors in order to have elegantly staged homes.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2023 10:00 PM

Lolani Palace is a palace of course. But as a structure its a 19th century mansion, nowhere near the scale of England's palaces. Even aristocrats not kings had enormous palaces in England.

USA has some very grand mansions. Graceland was never one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2023 10:03 PM

I was ambivalent about this guy until I read that. Go to hell, Harry!

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2023 10:10 PM

Well his comments about the decor are fine. Its the surprise that shows the pompous ignoramus. His father would probably have a heart attack if he had to step foot into such a cramped tacky space.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2023 10:14 PM

r6 r7 and makes you gullible trailer trash that believed it was the height of design rather than as trashy as las vegas elvis impersonator wedding. Soon you'll be voting republican with your hatred of immigrants and pride of nationalism.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2023 10:14 PM

It’s an “exit through the gift shop” place.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2023 10:16 PM

Harry come to my house it’s primitive

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2023 10:19 PM

I hate this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2023 10:25 PM

I have never been but my boyfriend is a massive Elvis fan and he said the exact same thing, almost to a t, about Graceland

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2023 10:31 PM

R22, all of us who have been have said the same thing. But Harry is still a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2023 10:33 PM

I, too, was underwhelmed when I stopped to visit Graceland on my cross-country trip/move from coast to coast. However, it was definitely interesting to see such a time capsule and to visit the place where an "American Royal" (of a sort) once lived. I don't regret it.

Also had some kick-ass local bbq while I was there.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote]Harry, who knows how an actual queen and king live, should have understood that.

Why? How many Hillbillies live in England?

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2023 10:34 PM

Have you been to Graceland? I have and left after five minutes. It’s a tacky DUMP.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2023 10:37 PM

r26 it inspired Trump's aesthetics.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2023 10:39 PM

Same here, r25 Seriously, he's not wrong, and as for his comment I think he was just making a jokey quip. Unclench people.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2023 10:39 PM

Check this out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2023 10:39 PM

It doesn't look like a dump. It's very modest. Elvis had plenty of money he could have lived in a huge mansion. He lived in a proto McMansion. A middle class house. The decor is tacky but it also has a certain flair. It's all completely naive.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2023 10:40 PM

Sorry, my reply was for r26, though I also do agree with R25.

OK, now that is sorted time for a nap.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2023 10:42 PM

He's such a fucking twat

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2023 10:42 PM

a good tour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2023 10:45 PM

I have been to Graceland. The decor was not my taste but at least Elvis earned his money unlike this spoiled pos.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2023 10:46 PM

He's right you know. I've been to Graceland. Even though the decor is from many decades back it was obvious the Pressley family were basically white trash with money.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2023 10:53 PM

I didn't find it dark or claustrophobic. I think Harold was trippin'.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Except for the shag rug and wallpaper, this is what my childhood living room looked like. Anything frozen in time is going to look somewhat laughable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2023 10:57 PM

The White Drawing Room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2023 10:59 PM

But isn't Harry not even welcome back in the Royals house? Big talk from a guy who kinda got kicked out.

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2023 11:00 PM

The more people Harry turns against him, the better.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote]The more people Harry turns against him, the better.

I mean turn people against himself, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2023 11:04 PM

R33 Thanks for posting that tour of Graceland. I’m not an Elvis fan so I’ve never taken an interest in Graceland but I was curious after reading Harry’s comments. The house wasn’t that bad. I was imagining something along the lines of Trump Tower. I like that Elvis had horses, and that Hawaii den looks like a nice place to nap or hang out and watch 1960s TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2023 11:06 PM

Here I thought it was Meghan that was the bitch with no class. Obviously, it's both of them. You can leave now ex-royals.

You got no class.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2023 11:18 PM

70s decor was hideous, everybody knows that. It was crass and crude of Harry to be so disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2023 11:18 PM

Elvis may have come from a poor background, but he had enough class not to disparage anyone in public.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2023 11:21 PM

Of course he's bitchy. Elvis earned that house himself with many years of hard work. Elvis had looks, talent, and charisma and is still being talked about nearly 50 years after his death.

Harry has nothing but unearned wealth and position. Naturally he's going to cunt about what losers his betters are. It makes him feel like he's accomplished something.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2023 11:31 PM

Who goes to Graceland expecting to see tasteful decor? Harry must have been running out of things to say by this point…

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2023 11:34 PM

Well Jackie Kennedy didn't think much of the Queen's digs either. So there!

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2023 11:45 PM

Ooh, do tell, r48!

My parents' home was built in the 70s and their bedroom in particular was very tacky until they could afford renovations in the 90s. They kept a second TV and VCR in there so all friends and cousins who came to our house and watched shows/movies with us had been in there. Even though my siblings and I knew it was really tacky, none of our visitors were rude enough to say anything to us or in a way that it might have reached us as they lived in a similar style.

Harry is very rude to say such a thing about Graceland publicly. Anyone who saw a photo of Elvis on a Las Vegas stage should have known he was deeply into the 70s aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2023 11:54 PM

I'm with Harry on this one. Some interior shots here. Seriously, it is even worse in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2023 11:56 PM

I remember when Gen X artists in Brooklyn had shitty lofts decorated exactly the same. They were all uber cool cats.

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2023 11:59 PM

I was feeling sorry for the sad ginger Prince but not no more!

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2023 11:59 PM

Look, Graceland was the way Elvis wanted it to be. That's why it's so interesting. It's bad taste but it was the bad taste of ELVIS.

by Anonymousreply 53January 22, 2023 12:00 AM

So, Harry is one of the . . . Tasteful Friends?

by Anonymousreply 54January 22, 2023 12:07 AM

Well now, this is interesting, especially given Harold’s father’s reputation as a notorious critic of modern architecture.

Graceland was built in 1939 and not acquired by Presley until 1957, so the “acid” aspect wasn’t built in. But American art and design was strongly influenced by mid-20th century recreational drug culture, in which Elvis was a notorious participant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 22, 2023 12:18 AM

I don't think Elvis was into LSD, mushrooms, and other hallucinogenics, though.

Seemed like his drug of choice was prescription uppers and downers.

by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2023 12:23 AM

I was standing just about where Elvis is in OP's pic when someone walked by and spermed all over me. I knew what to do, though, because it had happened before.

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2023 12:24 AM

[quote]Seemed like his drug of choice was prescription uppers and downers.

And bacon.

by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2023 12:28 AM

Graceland is a time capsule, it's in the style of the 70s. What was Harry expecting it to look like?

Granted, 70s styles were hideous, but Harry's comments about Graceland are something you would say privately amongst friends and not broadcast to the world. It was so tacky of him to do that.

Maybe he doesn't understand how much Elvis is a part of American culture, and how he's still revered.

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2023 12:35 AM

Harry's just jealous because Elvis was a king and he's only a prince.

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2023 12:37 AM

I wouldn't talk too much if I had grown up in this Laura Ashley nightmare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2023 12:41 AM

Do you guys remember the peek inside Princess Anne's living room? I quite liked it. It looked cozy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2023 12:46 AM

A man's home is his castle. Elvis loved his home and yes as R53 said, it was ELVIS's home. That is what is most important.

Harry and Meghan have even put down the Queen of England, his own grandmother, so much for taste. The man married Meghan. That says it all.

You know who had taste? The Queen. Always.

Harry has no Grace, not even at Graceland.

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2023 1:04 AM

Prince Harry just came out

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2023 1:16 AM

An accurate description.

Harry is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2023 1:18 AM

Thanks for posting those pictures, R62.

I love Princess Anne and that room seems exactly as one could expect.

If Oprah was shocked at Nottingham Cottage, imagine her reaction to Anne's place.

And The Princess Royal's response.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2023 2:29 AM

Anne's tv room looks cozy. It looks just like the sort of place an older woman who loves country life would have.

by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2023 2:31 AM

Well R50, half the people in this thread are arguing that Elvis's house was elegant.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2023 6:18 AM

Harry is just such a prick.

by Anonymousreply 69January 22, 2023 6:42 AM

[quote]Does he really think America has anything approaching the real palaces he has lived in? Let alone a southern rock star from over half a century ago. He is quite stupid.

I've heard that Biltmore (Asheville, NC) and Hearst Castle are quite grand. Never been. Oheka Castle has 127 rooms and is 109,000 square feet though it's probably only a shadow of its former self because it went through a long period of decline. Many of the really grand mansions from the Gilded Age have been demolished because they were too expensive to keep up.

Love the over-the-top ballroom of Marble House in Newport RI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2023 8:48 AM

I don't care what you bitches say Ive always liked Harry and preferred him over william every single time. He's the only royal you want to hang with because he's the only one with a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2023 8:52 AM

Americans have been saying Graceland is tacky since the 1970s, at the least. All this wailing and pretending as if every stand-up comedian from 1977 through the late 1990s didn't have at least one Graceland joke is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 72January 22, 2023 8:54 AM

He is especially horrible about a matron named Pat at Ludgrove Prep School of whom he writes: "Pat wasn’t hot. Pat was cold. Pat was small, mousy, frazzled and her hair fell greasily into her always tired eyes."

He goes on to call her "empathy-challenged" but says with no trace of irony that he also used to delight in mocking her physical disabilities from a deviated spine.

Imagine what this woman, assuming she is still alive, must feel reading this? Or what her family must feel?

And the author of these viciously unkind slurs has the bloody gall to now have a website for his charitable foundation proclaiming he’s "leading the way with compassion".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 22, 2023 8:59 AM

^^ he looks so intelligent in the photo at link.

by Anonymousreply 74January 22, 2023 9:00 AM

Graceland was a cheesy piece of shit. Even if someone hates Harry, they’re a delusional cunt if they think Graceland isn’t worth mockery. It would be a mercy if that monstrosity burned to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 75January 22, 2023 9:05 AM

He's not wrong. It is ugly and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 76January 22, 2023 11:36 AM

Laughing at the Brit grannies defending Graceland. Sweeties, Americans think it's tacky as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 77January 22, 2023 11:42 AM

I guess I’m confused why this is a thread, but I’ll bite.

Graceland is a bit of a Vegas Style little grandma house. It’s not impressive in size or content. Elvis and Lisa had the taste of 20 year old millionaires from the country.

It’s very Elvis style house, which is the problem. I also don’t get why OP cares what Harry said, unless it’s a topic because Lisa died.

by Anonymousreply 78January 22, 2023 11:52 AM

Since Elvis's death and canonization, I've always thought of Graceland as a hoax to grift money from the faithful. Harry's right, especially considering he was raised in real palaces. Not the South's version of one circa 1960.

by Anonymousreply 79January 22, 2023 12:33 PM

No "sweetie," Americans recognize 1970s style when they view it. It's a museum. Stick to your beige Pottery Barn decor, Harold.

by Anonymousreply 80January 22, 2023 12:39 PM

OP- I scoff at Prince 👑 Harry

He’s STUPID and AVERAGE

by Anonymousreply 81January 22, 2023 12:40 PM

It isn't him finding the place tacky. It is him knowing to keep his mouth shut. I am American. All of the infighting that goes on in the BRF is none of my business and I do not give a damn anyway. He is supposed to have been raised with enough manners not to talk shit about other people in public. It is the guy who grew up poor who knew that.

by Anonymousreply 82January 22, 2023 12:50 PM

Exactly, he’s running his mouth like some boorish hick tourist , no Graceland isn’t nice but have some respect for an iconic piece of American history

by Anonymousreply 83January 22, 2023 12:57 PM

At what point in history has anyone in Britain ever kept their mouth shut about how they feel about Americans in general?

This was a case of a single Brit joking about how tacky Graceland is, which is something Americans themselves do. Anyone who is trying to say that it's offensive to mention that Graceland is tacky doesn't understand American culture at all.

Of course I can't find it now, but this entire thread reminds me of a bit Jake Johannsen did about 30 years ago, how he went to Graceland and a Brit on the tour with him said, "Hmm, it's all a bit tacky, innit?" and everyone busted up laughing at the understatement. Then Jake says something to the effect of, "Yeah, it looks like something an uneducated hillbilly who was suddenly given a ton of money would do" and, again, everyone laughed.

There may still be a handful of hardcore Elvis fans out there who were legitimately offended, but 99.44% of the people offended by this are just the usual obsessive haters who won't shut the fuck up about how much they hate this couple.

by Anonymousreply 84January 22, 2023 1:04 PM

R84- It was FAR tackier of Prince Stupid to wear that Nazi uniform at a costume party.

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2023 1:06 PM

Again, there is a difference between mentioning it to a few people and telling the whole world. I am an Elvis fan and I also grew up poor myself with people all the time looking down on me. So, yeah, Harry can go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 86January 22, 2023 1:18 PM

Don't we all know that Graceland is tacky? As a Gen Xer marinated in irony, I've always wanted to go. A white trash Americana temple.

What's baffling is him thinking that his impressions of Graceland or his frozen dick or his beefs with his brother are worthy of memoir treatment.

by Anonymousreply 87January 22, 2023 1:22 PM

What r82 and r83 said.

[quote] Anyone who is trying to say that it's offensive to mention that Graceland is tacky doesn't understand American culture at all.

I understand "American culture", r84. I understand it enough to know that "American culture" doesn't exist unless you count the invention of jazz, blues, early hillbilly music, black soul music, and, oh, and while I'm at it, throw in bigotry, racism and a self-proclaimed "rah rah" exceptionalism.

I have no argument with the substance of what Harry said. He made the choice to write it or say it, and others have the choice to react to it.

I've been to Graceland.

It's a preserved artifact of the best unintentional kitsch money can buy.

But, at least it has a point of view.

And I doubt, long after Harry is dead, anybody is going to standing in line waiting to see his refined, good taste in home decor.

Getting back to Graceland.

Standing before those walls and walls of Gold Records and awards is awe-inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 88January 22, 2023 1:49 PM

Purposely misunderstanding what I meant when I said "American culture" is pathetic, r88.

Elvis is a common cultural touchstone that represents tackiness, gaudiness, excess and waste. Graceland is a monument to that. Its reputation has improved over the years, starting with the Paul Simon song, but it's understood by anyone in the U.S. who knows what Graceland is that it is excessively tacky, just like Elvis' jumpsuits, his hair dye, his wife's 3-foot-tall wig at their wedding.

All that blather you posted, which I suspect was just meant to upset Americans, or maybe just me in particular, is completely beside the point. Harry talking about the ugly tackiness of Graceland is boring. It's a non-story. It's the equivalent of jokes about airplane food. He's just expressing his version of accepted American truths, and you foolish old darlings are trying to make us believe he's being insulting, rude, awful, and completely out of line. What we're trying to tell you is that no one cares EXCEPT foolish old ladies like you, and you'd be having an epic emotional meltdown no matter what he said.

by Anonymousreply 89January 22, 2023 2:09 PM

So, r88, you're not actually r82, the person I was talking to earlier in the thread? You answered as if you were. Did you get your alternate accounts confused or something?

by Anonymousreply 90January 22, 2023 2:11 PM

As a broke person who has never decorated any home beyond buying some cheap flat pack furniture and some bedding I'll add that I don't like Graceland, Buckingham palace or Harry's Santa Barbara place. Graceland is tacky and OTT, Buckingham Palace is cold and museum like and from what I have seen of Harry's house it's a a lot of brown and beige and looks like a nice Ritz Carlton circa 1995.

If I had to live in one it would be Graceland though. Some rooms are very cosy if tacky. The largest house I have lived in was 1000 sq ft and it was too big for one person. I basically lived in one room, used one toilet and slept in one bedroom. I understand having a home that is not so big it feels like a hotel or museum and decorating it to your tastes rather than creating something that would look good in next month's architectural digest.

by Anonymousreply 91January 22, 2023 2:20 PM

The people here complaining about what he said are the usual klan grannies. If he sang praises to the ugly pile of bricks they'd still be bitching.

by Anonymousreply 92January 22, 2023 2:23 PM

r88 is the first time I've posted on this thread.

and again, what r82 said, especially:

[quote] He is supposed to have been raised with enough manners not to talk shit about other people in public. It is the guy who grew up poor who knew that.

by Anonymousreply 93January 22, 2023 2:25 PM

What is a badger sett?

by Anonymousreply 94January 22, 2023 2:26 PM

Idiot. It was not acid, it was massive amounts of pills and amphetamines.

by Anonymousreply 95January 22, 2023 2:27 PM

[quote] He is supposed to have been raised with enough manners not to talk shit about other people in public.

Yeah but then there's the problem of needing money and writing a book with enough dirt in it so it will sell.

by Anonymousreply 96January 22, 2023 2:39 PM

[quote]He is supposed to have been raised with enough manners not to talk shit about other people in public.

Why? Because he's "royal" and wealthy? Royals are generational trash.

by Anonymousreply 97January 22, 2023 2:46 PM

He went to Graceland. It was shit. And you know what, it IS shit.

by Anonymousreply 98January 22, 2023 2:47 PM

I'm American and never been nor want to. He's correct. I'll also add that I was unimpressed with Buckingham palace. I thought it was ugly on the outside and the inside was your run of the mill European palace. Seen one, seen em all.

by Anonymousreply 99January 22, 2023 2:51 PM

Well, Graceland surely isn't tackier than law life bimbo Lady Di wannabe that he married.

by Anonymousreply 100January 22, 2023 2:52 PM

Sounds like something Prince Philip would say.

by Anonymousreply 101January 22, 2023 3:25 PM

Graceland has the kitchen of my childhood home and we grew up in a modest, 1970s Indiana subdivision - not a stately home.

by Anonymousreply 102January 22, 2023 3:38 PM

I think Prince Philip agreed with you r99.

by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2023 3:43 PM

The feigned outrage in this thread is nothing short of ironic when this man and every single member of his family has been torn apart for public consumption. Even his dead mother isn't spared but you're offended because he's non American and said something that even most Americans agree with? I've seen dozens and dozens of comments here saying the BRF are lazy, they dont really do anything and every thing they say and do and wear is judged by the entire world at large. You realize Elvis was only an American icon right? Outside of trashy Memphis and certain parts of 'Merica he is not respected as a musician and they could give a shit about that fat bastard who died on the toilet. When did you guys get so sensitive? Let's call a spade a spade

by Anonymousreply 104January 22, 2023 6:30 PM

Get out.

And take your mental-case twitch of a wife with you.

by Anonymousreply 105January 22, 2023 6:32 PM

Lol R104. You're right. Elvis pretty much sucked. Stole his act from Black artists and most of his die hard "the King" fans are dead now.

by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2023 6:35 PM

[quote]Outside of trashy Memphis and certain parts of 'Merica he is not respected as a musician...

You really don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2023 6:38 PM

Remember the time Elvis fucked and married an underage girl? Iconic!

by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2023 6:42 PM

R107 I dont know what I'm talking about? Is Elvis a better musician than Bob Dylan? Chuck Barry? Little Richard? Prince? Elton John? John Lennon? Bono? Who has Elvis in their top ten besides the demographics i already named. YOU don't know what you're talking about. Fat bastard is not respected outside of certain parts of this country.

by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2023 6:44 PM

Who goes to Graceland not expecting it to be tacky? Other than Harry. It's not Hearst Castle.

by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2023 6:56 PM

[quote] The people here complaining about what he said are the usual klan grannies. If he sang praises to the ugly pile of bricks they'd still be bitching.

Exactly!

If he had praised Graceland, the KGs would have said he's tacky and has no taste.

But since he said it's tacky, they've taken the opposite position.

It really doesn't matter what he or Meghans says or does.

The KGs will ALWAYS take the opposing view point..

Just like their MAGA Trump-swilling counterparts here in the US.

KGs and MAGATS are cut from the same cloth.

by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2023 7:14 PM

Graceland was a home, the home of a king. Very different from a montecito rat hole.

by Anonymousreply 112January 22, 2023 7:28 PM

[quote] I've seen dozens and dozens of comments here saying the BRF are lazy, they dont really do anything and every thing they say and do and wear is judged by the entire world at large.

r104. What you wrote here is true.

I'm r88, I'm a Native American, among those people whose culture America tried to destroy. That's why I know there is no such thing as "American culture", except what I point out at r88.

I don't share the same reaction to those you point out. I think what the Royals do is damn hard work. And yeah, I noticed they're wealthy, privileged, White, but I wouldn't change my life among the poor and obscure for theirs, no way, no how.

I'd take the money if I could be anonymous.

You're, however, flat-out wrong when you write this:

[quote] You realize Elvis was only an American icon right? Outside of trashy Memphis and certain parts of 'Merica he is not respected as a musician and they could give a shit about that fat bastard who died on the toilet.

It's easy to caricature Elvis, but even a cursory, shallow, look at his cultural and historical impact on planet Earth can't be minimized.

I'll grant you that in terms of sheer musicianship, aside from his charismatic persona and singing talent, he' s not at the level of say, a Jimi Hendrix on guitar, but you're minimizing Elvis in a way that cannot be objectively supported.

Hell, to this day, just about country on Earth has an Elvis fan club and impersonators.

I just was hoping that Harry's observations about Elvis would have been a bit deeper. As r82 correctly points out:

[quote] He is supposed to have been raised with enough manners not to talk shit about other people in public. It is the guy who grew up poor who knew that.

and that poor guy was Elvis. He wasn't reared in a palace or among servants. He was born dirt-poor, remembered where he came from and was a generous guy.

And, oh, by the way, he was one of the most famous persons to walk planet Earth, and will still matter long after all of us, including Harry, are taking our dirt naps.

by Anonymousreply 113January 22, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote]. Elvis pretty much sucked. Stole his act from Black artists

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 114January 22, 2023 7:30 PM

R104/R106 you are idiots. Elvis is an icon all over the world and every teenager and child knows who he was. As for stealing black music, it is such idiot pandering. Blacks took European harmony, melody and instruments in creating jazz and blues, everybody was leaning on other influences in musical history. You don't say that Mozart stole from Italians when he wrote operas. This idiotic term cultural appropriation can only be heard by idiots in US.

by Anonymousreply 115January 22, 2023 7:37 PM

Charles must have been on acid when he was making ginger idiot (if it was Charles indeed).

by Anonymousreply 116January 22, 2023 7:43 PM

Actually R114 I do..

[quote]Graceland was a home, the home of a king. Very different from a montecito rat hole.

Maybe a home but Elvis was no king. No idea what the Montecito abode looks like but it's preferable to Graceland.

by Anonymousreply 117January 22, 2023 7:44 PM

R109 Has anger issues. Hasn't learned to deal with them.

by Anonymousreply 118January 22, 2023 7:45 PM

R117 you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 119January 22, 2023 7:47 PM

r117 see r115

by Anonymousreply 120January 22, 2023 7:49 PM

R115 I'm the same person you smelly mayo eating redneck. Fat bastard neverwrote a single lyric and that's a fucking fact you cant gloss over. He never performed outside of America that another fact. And history is not pandering dumb fuck elvis was clearly used to make Black music palatable to white mainstream audiences.How did "blacks" steal anything European? Harmony and melody? You delusional Caucasian! Typical of your people to steal and project. Steal and project that's your history. Only in your world is fat bastard an icon. In THE REAL WORLD he is not recognized as a real musician and never reached the worldwide audience of the real icons. Now go take a shower and give your pet pig's ass some rest. Smelly Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 121January 22, 2023 7:51 PM

R121 you know nothing about jazz nor blues. If you did you would know it is product if both European and African musical influences.

As for stealing, except music, everything you use, from house, machines, computer and internet to bitch on this site, school, medical care was Caucasian invention. Even the language you speak, English is Caucasian invention. It looks like you are the one who is projecting.

by Anonymousreply 122January 22, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote]. Fat bastard neverwrote a single lyric and that's a fucking fact you cant gloss over.

Neither did Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole and many, many more. Being a great singer doesn't mean you also have to be a songwriter.

[quote]He never performed outside of America that another fact.

Aretha Franklin performed in Amsterdam in 1968 and at a Royal Command Performance for the Queen in London in 1980. Those were the only times she ever performed outside of North America.

[quote]nd history is not pandering dumb fuck elvis was clearly used to make Black music palatable to white mainstream audiences.

In the 1950s Elvis was basically the devil incarnate to the white establishment. They absolutely hated him and thought he was the end of western civilization. Learn some history. He was extremely controversial.

[quote]In THE REAL WORLD he is not recognized as a real musician and never reached the worldwide audience of the real icons.

This is completely false. Elvis Presley is a legend to countless other musicians, who have praised him, and his is well-known in other countries.

by Anonymousreply 123January 22, 2023 8:01 PM

R117- EP was a very kind and generous man who battled unimaginable fame and a very crippling disease of addiction. His version of Dixieland still gives me chills. He had an incredible voice. I believe your post is harsh and unfair.

by Anonymousreply 124January 22, 2023 8:06 PM

Dionne Warwick: Elvis Presley did me a big favor in Las Vegas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 22, 2023 8:08 PM

[quote] In the 1950s Elvis was basically the devil incarnate to the white establishment. They absolutely hated him and thought he was the end of western civilization.

Then how did he become popular you dumb sack of shit? It is impossible to have mainstream success without appealing to the white audience. He performed on the ed Sullivan show for chrissake you couldn't get any more white and mainstream than that. You're trying to rewrite history fucking please. Fat bastard is a redneck icon not a worldwide icon period.

by Anonymousreply 126January 22, 2023 8:08 PM

Black fans of Elvis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 22, 2023 8:09 PM

I believe r121/r126 et. al. is the AWF troll. A Canadian white man in his 50s or 60s who used to try to pretend he was a young black man until he got royally busted a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 128January 22, 2023 8:09 PM

Black fans of Elvis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 22, 2023 8:10 PM

. Fat bastard neverwrote a single lyric and that's a fucking fact you cant gloss over." He never claimed to. His talent was his voice.

by Anonymousreply 130January 22, 2023 8:10 PM

r126 it was white teenagers who were his fans, most whites who were not teenagers either hated him or were indifferent to him.

Are you even American? This is very common knowledge amongst Americans.

by Anonymousreply 131January 22, 2023 8:11 PM

Black fan of Elvis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 22, 2023 8:11 PM

Fans of Elvis including a black girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 22, 2023 8:12 PM

Black fans of Elvis at his 1968 comeback special

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 22, 2023 8:13 PM

Black fans of Elvis after one of his Vegas shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 22, 2023 8:14 PM

R131 so what if they were white? Weren't white the majority in US then? Are you a racist, you dumb fatherfucker?

by Anonymousreply 136January 22, 2023 8:15 PM

[quote] for stealing, except music, everything you use, from house, machines, computer and internet to bitch on this site, school, medical care was Caucasian invention. Even the language you speak, English is Caucasian invention. It looks like you are the one who is projecting

R122 NO ONE RACE INVENTED THE INTERNET! Google it Bitch! Typical arrogant Caucasian thinking the world and its resources revolve around its race. Your history is made up as you go along.

by Anonymousreply 137January 22, 2023 8:15 PM

I highly recommend "Elvis Presley: The Searcher" the excellent HBO documentary from a few years ago. A comprehensive look at Elvis's life and career, his enormous cultural impact, and why he still resonates today.

by Anonymousreply 138January 22, 2023 8:16 PM

His talent was his beautiful voice. He never claimed that he wrote the lyrics to his songs.

by Anonymousreply 139January 22, 2023 8:20 PM

R132 R133 I don't give a fuck about Black fans of elvis I really dont. R131 I'm as American as the hood I grew up in. And Chuck D from Public Enemy summed up how we feel about fat bastard in these classic lyrics:

"Fight the power We've got to fight the powers that be

Elvis was a hero to most Elvis was a hero to most Elvis was a hero to most But he never meant s- to me you see Straight up racist that sucker was Simple and plain Mother f- him and John Wayne 'Cause I'm Black and I'm proud"

by Anonymousreply 140January 22, 2023 8:22 PM

Everyone around the world knows who Elvis is - even if they don;t know the music they know the iconic hairstyle and white jumpsuit.

by Anonymousreply 141January 22, 2023 8:24 PM

R240 You sound absolutely unhinged. Skip your meds today?

by Anonymousreply 142January 22, 2023 8:26 PM

He’s not wrong.

Perhaps the whimsical interiors at Alfred Lunt & Lynn Fontanne’s country home in Wisconsin would please him more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 22, 2023 8:27 PM

R141 It doesn't mean he's respected. Beyonce is recognized around the world as well and she's hated by half the world. Being well known only makes you famous. But before last year's movie was released graceland was losing money and since Lisa Marie blow through her entire inheritance. The estate has to be thanking god for this new wave of publicity. Ever her recent death has helped.

by Anonymousreply 144January 22, 2023 8:28 PM

R144- Except that he is very respected by most people. He was loved by many. He still is. I'm sorry that angers you so.

by Anonymousreply 145January 22, 2023 8:31 PM

The masses will show up to see her grave this summer. Probably even sooner.

by Anonymousreply 146January 22, 2023 8:31 PM

NEW YORK (AP) _ Public Enemy frontman Chuck D derided Elvis Presley on the group’s 1989 anthem ``Fight The Power,″ but it turns out his feelings for Presley are a little more complicated than the song suggests.

``As a musicologist _ and I consider myself one _ there was always a great deal of respect for Elvis, especially during his Sun sessions. As a black people, we all knew that,″ the rapper said.

``My whole thing was the one-sidedness _ like, Elvis’ icon status in America made it like nobody else counted. ... My heroes came from someone else. My heroes came before him. My heroes were probably his heroes. As far as Elvis being ‘The King,’ I couldn’t buy that.″

Chuck D spoke to Newsday about Presley’s legacy for a 25th anniversary story on the singer’s death.

On ``Fight the Power,″ he said of Presley, ``Elvis was a hero to most/But he never meant (expletive) to me, you see/Straight up racist that sucker was, simple and plain.″

As for whether there is a modern-day Elvis, Chuck D points to Eminem.

``Eminem is the new Elvis because, number one, he had the respect for black music that Elvis had,″ Chuck D said. ``I think he’s courteous and sympathetic to black music, and, unfortunately, he’s more sympathetic to black music than many black artists themselves.″

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 22, 2023 8:34 PM

This article mentions that Elvis was one of the few white artists played on black radio stations in the 50’s and 60’s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 22, 2023 8:35 PM

R145 it angers me none. Only delusional Caucasians are infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 149January 22, 2023 8:36 PM

How Elvis Presley’s ‘It’s Now or Never’ inspired Barry White in jail

So how does White factor into all this? According to The Independent, White said he and his brother were a “gang” during their teenage years. “We were a two-man gang, respected and feared,” he recalled. “For years we ran and ruled the streets of our neighborhood,”

At 16, White went to jail for stealing tires. “In jail, I heard ‘It’s Now or Never’ by Elvis Presley – it was an awakening, like somebody hitting me with a baseball bat right in the face,” he said. “When I got out, I swore to myself: never again.” The Guardian reports “It’s Now or Never” made him decide to pursue a musical career. He worked with a band called The Upfronts before starting a solo career.

White made the right decision, commercially speaking. Six of his singles reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100: “It’s Ecstasy When You’re Next to Me,” “Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up,” “I’m Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby,” “You’re The First, The Last, My Everything,” “What Am I Gonna Do With You,” and “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe.” The latter song became White’s only No. 1 hit. White made it to the top — and Elvis inspired him to try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 22, 2023 8:38 PM

The very last thing EP was is a racist. That is just an outrageous lie.

by Anonymousreply 151January 22, 2023 8:38 PM

R150 Blah Blah Blah you can Google "Black artists who mentioned elvis presley" all you want. It doesn't change shit. Still not a real musician.

by Anonymousreply 152January 22, 2023 8:40 PM

R137 even you can not be such a dumb bitch who doesn't know that all scientific and technological inventions needed for the internet were created by white men.

by Anonymousreply 153January 22, 2023 8:41 PM

[quote] Still not a real musician.

Yes he was. Gorgeous voice. An extraordinary talent, a cultural force.

You are the AWF troll.

by Anonymousreply 154January 22, 2023 8:43 PM

So, R137 stop posting on this site cause by using the internet you are appropriating white culture.

by Anonymousreply 155January 22, 2023 8:45 PM

R154 Yes and he/she sucks at it.

by Anonymousreply 156January 22, 2023 8:47 PM

The USA, as is its wont, dealt out a huge economic and lack of recognition injustice to Black musicians and singers back when Elvis was a rising star and beyond that, too.

I happen to think Ray Charles had a point when he shared his negative feelings about Elvis. Charles correctly pointed out that black performers were gyrating and moving just the way Elvis did, but, they weren't going to let a bunch of white girls react to that, but when Elvis used those same moves, all of a sudden it was something Elvis invented.

One can know those two things. One can know that was wrong and wish it were otherwise and that every Black talented artist who was ignored while Elvis wasn't, were a household name.

Hell, right now, America's basic, factual history, when it comes to racism, slavery and stealing land, can't be taught because it may hurt the delicate feelings of some ignorant Trumper.

But damn, I LOVE Elvis Presley and ain't nothing gonna change that.

by Anonymousreply 157January 22, 2023 8:50 PM

And Harry out to be the one to feel credited and flattered that he's even being discussed in the same thread as Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 158January 22, 2023 8:51 PM

R153 YOU are the dumb bitch and always was. Look, you would probably understand it better from one of your own. This is the smartest white woman who ever lived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 22, 2023 8:51 PM

Ray Charles was valid in his feelings, but he ignores the fact that black people were fans of Elvis too before his reputation was ruined in the black community. Here’s black girls fangirling over Elvis at the height of Jim Crow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 22, 2023 8:52 PM

The USA, as is its wont, dealt out a huge economic and lack of recognition injustice to Black musicians and singers back when Elvis was a rising star and beyond that, too.

How in the hell would that be EP's fault, you fucking anti-American racist troll?

by Anonymousreply 161January 22, 2023 8:52 PM

Elvis’s music was popular with black people too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 22, 2023 8:54 PM

The unhinged troll on this thread is the AWF troll. An older white Canadian man. The language and hysteria is the same.

by Anonymousreply 163January 22, 2023 8:54 PM

Even a stopped clock...

One can't argue with the (rare) truth of his statement. That he might have held his tongue is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 164January 22, 2023 8:54 PM

Not all black artists hated Elvis either. Cissy Houston loved him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 22, 2023 8:55 PM

BB King as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 22, 2023 8:55 PM

Fats Domini (who Elvis referred to as the real king of rock n’ roll at a press conference) paying tribute to Elvis before performing Blueberry Hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 22, 2023 8:56 PM

This from a man who mooches free housing off that paragon of taste and sophisticated design restraint, Tyler Perry.

by Anonymousreply 168January 22, 2023 8:57 PM

I can be as goddamn anti-racist as I feel like you fucking moron, at r161.

I am a Native American. A member of a US federally recognized tribe, not that I need the USA's, or your, validation.

And I never wrote , in my post at r157, that it was Elvis' fault.

You're an idiot Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 169January 22, 2023 8:57 PM

R163 that's all you have left? Now I'm not Black? R166 you can post a whole Black History month's worth of musicians fat bastard will never be in that category. It means NOTHING 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 170January 22, 2023 8:58 PM

Elvis was no saint and had serious flaws (his inappropriate behavior with teenage girls) but he gets a bad rep when it comes to the whole stealing black music thing imo. He never claimed to invent rock n’ roll, rejected the king title, and was open about the black artists who influenced his sound. I don’t think it’s fair to label him as a culture vulture since he grew up exposed to black music and culture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 22, 2023 8:59 PM

Fats Domino*

by Anonymousreply 172January 22, 2023 8:59 PM

R169 And you are an ignorant cunt with a reading comprehension problem. Have fun living in your rabid, unhinged anger. I actually pity you. Your life must be so very sad and lonely.

by Anonymousreply 173January 22, 2023 9:01 PM

R173 I dont need your pity. At least I'm not white. I thank god everyday for that!! 🙏

by Anonymousreply 174January 22, 2023 9:03 PM

[quote]that's all you have left? Now I'm not Black?

No, you're not. You were outed in the Shania Twain thread a few months back as being an older white Canadian man when you forgot to switch accounts and mentioned you worked on the Toronto production of Sunset Boulevard in 1995. A Playbill was posted and you were narrowed down to a few suspects.

by Anonymousreply 175January 22, 2023 9:04 PM

"sad and lonely"?

Nope.

But I'm actually having a hell of a good time on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 176January 22, 2023 9:04 PM

R174 Nice try. Loon.

by Anonymousreply 177January 22, 2023 9:04 PM

R170 i believe you are black, you sound like an angry black bottom, who lost his looks and is now bitching against whites all day long.

by Anonymousreply 178January 22, 2023 9:05 PM

No one gaf what this unhinged nut says. No one. May as well not exist.

by Anonymousreply 179January 22, 2023 9:07 PM

R173 Another arrogant Caucasian delusion. I'm sure it would make you feel better to project loneliness and sadness onto others lmao. R178 Nope wrong again!! Silly delusional white! The white bottoms want BBC that's one of the true stereotypes. Now get down on your knees Bitch. R179 and yet you kerp responding lol.

by Anonymousreply 180January 22, 2023 9:08 PM

R180 Blah, blah, blah. Bored now.

by Anonymousreply 181January 22, 2023 9:11 PM

R181 then leave bitch. BYE!

by Anonymousreply 182January 22, 2023 9:13 PM

R180 the white bottoms into BBC are just fetishizing blacks and using them as sex toys. Just another side of racism.

But not yours, cause it is not working at all, you don't full me, you are a hysterical old aunt.

by Anonymousreply 183January 22, 2023 9:24 PM

[quote] you don't full me

OH DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 184January 22, 2023 9:32 PM

“People variously called the house a castle, a mansion, a palace. But it reminded me of the badger sett," Prince Harry wrote. "Dark, claustrophobic. I walked around saying, ‘The King lived here, you say? Really?’"

This made me LOL, HARD, for the very obvious reasons.

At least he’s witty, & has a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 185January 22, 2023 9:44 PM

R3, had Elvis hit on my 14 year old self looking like THAT, I’m not sure I’d be able to resist.

Gawd, that man was GORGEOUS!!!

Question: Doesn’t Elvis look like a gorgeous Pakistani with a nose job or like a beautiful Mexican guy?

Was he 100% white? Because he was way too beautiful and unique looking, to be Just Caucasian.

Looks like he’s mixed with something other than just white.

In high school, there was this BEAUTIFUL guy who we nicknamed Elvis. He was of British & Indian (not American Indian), descent, and he was STUNNING, just like Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 186January 22, 2023 9:51 PM

He was stunning until he gained weight. EP was incredibly sexy and not just good-looking, but actually he was a beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 187January 22, 2023 9:58 PM

BP is shabby and rat infested. Even the Royals hate it. 🐀

by Anonymousreply 188January 22, 2023 10:01 PM

R188 I read that they all hated it too.

by Anonymousreply 189January 22, 2023 10:04 PM

You read?

by Anonymousreply 190January 22, 2023 10:44 PM

R190 Yes. In one of the bios about Diana or Sarah, I can't remember which one. I read everything I can find about Diana and Sarah Ferguson, Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth, ect.

by Anonymousreply 191January 22, 2023 10:48 PM

Didn't the Royal Asshole also say the 1st amendment was "bonkers"? Has anyone made an anonymous call to ICE about this illegal arrogant alien?

by Anonymousreply 192January 22, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote]R159 you would probably understand it better from one of your own. This is the smartest white woman who ever lived.

I remember her original film being shown while in grade school, and hating her. Today I admire her so much.

It’s so interesting (and predictable) that all the opposition in this group comes from the white participants. Like myself in 2nd grade, they just can’t comprehend the issue at hand and get indignant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 22, 2023 10:50 PM

R192 Is he paying his taxes? I don't think so and it angers me .

by Anonymousreply 194January 22, 2023 10:53 PM

A King lives here? In this rat infested hovel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195January 22, 2023 10:56 PM

Sure, the human population of the entire planet Earth is indescribably immense; yet I feel that Princess Harry is on a mission to offend everyone little by little, and that he eventually will succeed sooner rather than later!

by Anonymousreply 196January 22, 2023 11:14 PM

[quote] you don't full me

Those were MY words. And that is why we divorced.

by Anonymousreply 197January 22, 2023 11:20 PM

R196 His comment, while true was... Uncouth?

by Anonymousreply 198January 22, 2023 11:22 PM

That trash work of fiction Spare was found underneath Lisa Marie's cold body when they removed her corpse from the bathroom floor. Obviously this perfectly healthy woman suffered a brain hemorrhage when she read homicidal Harry's stroke inducing comment about her sainted daddy's beloved home decor.Harry Wales is a MURDERER! WORSE THEN HITLER! He must be stopped by international action and the nuclear option should not be ruled out!!!!! God Save The Kings (s) Charles III & Elvis I !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 23, 2023 2:11 AM

This is what Prince Harry really said about the First Amendment, but you knew that. Being vague allows you to make people think he said the First Amendment is bad and wrong, which he didn't.

[quote]“I’ve got so much I want to say about the First Amendment as I sort of understand it, but it is bonkers,” the former senior royal confessed. “I don’t want to start going down the First Amendment route because that’s a huge subject and one which I don’t understand because I’ve only been here a short time. But, you can find a loophole in anything. You can capitalize or exploit what’s not said rather than uphold what is said. I believe we live in an age now where you've got certain elements of the media redefining to us what privacy means. There's a massive conflict of interest.”

by Anonymousreply 200January 23, 2023 4:54 AM

[quote]i believe you are black

You shouldn't, because they're not. There are racist trolls on here who pretend to be black and say all sorts of shitty things about white people because it gets you guys worked up.

by Anonymousreply 201January 23, 2023 4:56 AM

It was probably qqualudes and wild turkey.

by Anonymousreply 202January 23, 2023 4:59 AM

R201 more Caucasian delusions.

by Anonymousreply 203January 23, 2023 5:01 AM

Rachel Dolezal posting at R203

by Anonymousreply 204January 23, 2023 5:49 AM

R202 Don’t threaten me with a good time, dear!

by Anonymousreply 205January 23, 2023 5:52 AM

Harry has complained about every single house he’s been in.

by Anonymousreply 206January 23, 2023 6:30 AM

Sorry but no R119.

This thread sure went off the rails while I was away. Typical DL.

by Anonymousreply 207January 23, 2023 8:19 AM

[quote]r206 Harry has complained about every single house he’s been in.

As do all Tasteful Friends.

He’s perfect for us [bold]: )

by Anonymousreply 208January 23, 2023 4:50 PM

I see the thread continued with the Amurica trend.

so, what's your favorite show on fox?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 23, 2023 4:53 PM

if black people hadn't been influenced by whitey and whitey hadn't been influenced by darky

would it all just be a serious of lip smacking clicks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 23, 2023 4:59 PM

you know, Pete Seeger never gets enough credit either...

nor the Smothers Brothers for platforming.

by Anonymousreply 211January 23, 2023 5:00 PM

and we can't forget the palestinians who discovered America, who created the Jeebuz they both worshipped and been around since the dinosaurs. They own it all. But where are they?

by Anonymousreply 212January 23, 2023 5:02 PM

Most of the Harry/Meghan threads have been killed so I'll post this here. Meghan is distancing herself from Spare.

No surprise that she'd take a wait-and-see approach to response to it. She clearly was involved in writing it, but now claims she had nothing to do with it and had concerns around releasing it. So blaming Harry for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 23, 2023 7:48 PM

The Presleys are the white trash equivilant of the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 214January 23, 2023 9:06 PM

^ The Windsors are the white trash equivalent of the Presleys

by Anonymousreply 215January 23, 2023 9:08 PM

R214 at least Elvis could spell equivalent.

by Anonymousreply 216January 23, 2023 9:09 PM

Well, angry black bottom at R180 to each their own, some people are crazy about BBC, but white guys do it for me and it has nothing to do with racism, cause I am all for equal opportunities, it is just my sexual preference. I have also strong preference for guys in their late twenties and early to mid thirties, nice natural athletic body, but no roided air-matresses. Moderately masculine or mainstream, nice and friendly personality, some education needed.

I just watched some stupid old French erotic film with Joe Dallesandro and physically he would be what I am looking for. If you see a guy like that send him to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 25, 2023 6:39 PM

Who cares your preference cunt R217 nobody asked your irrelevant ass. If you’re referring to me I ain't a black bottom but you can get fucked with a rusty nail. I'm sure there's plenty of room.

by Anonymousreply 218January 25, 2023 7:38 PM

r217, r180 is actually an older white Canadian man who pretends to be a young black man. He's been pulling this shit on DL for years now.

by Anonymousreply 219January 25, 2023 8:37 PM

Okay dude R219 I've never stepped foot in Canada and admittedly to lazy to even find it on a map but👍 lol

by Anonymousreply 220January 25, 2023 8:49 PM

Let’s face it, if you went to Graceland and Presley was there you would not care what it looked like.

Presley sings ‘Love me tender’ and the rest of us say, ‘ok’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 26, 2023 1:22 AM

Look at enraged black bottom at R218. Who gives a shit about your racial complexes, your bitterness and meanness.

by Anonymousreply 222January 26, 2023 12:18 PM

[quote]Most of the Harry/Meghan threads have been killed so I'll post this here

Jesus, take the hint, r213.

If what you're posting is getting consistently deleted, then don't just start posting your shit in other threads. All you're going to accomplish is getting other threads deleted because of your crap.

by Anonymousreply 223January 26, 2023 12:27 PM

But what was Harry on when he married that fugly creature?

by Anonymousreply 224January 26, 2023 2:10 PM

No, R224. You're thinking of Prince Andrew's daughters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 26, 2023 5:19 PM

I love men who have hair like the guy at r217. The rest of him isn't bad either.

But not Keith Urban hair, streaked and straightened. That's just foul.

by Anonymousreply 226January 27, 2023 7:22 AM

Not sure about his drug take that day R224, but Harold had his angry bald head up his own ass when he looked at Spongebob Sparkles' flat ass and dangling tendrils, and poshly murmured "perfect perfect perfect."

by Anonymousreply 227January 27, 2023 12:51 PM

It's crazy. R227. Although he's really homely himself so in that they are evenly matched.

by Anonymousreply 228January 28, 2023 5:24 AM

look at the effeminate white bottom at R222 who gives a shit about your false sense of superiority, your multiple STDs and your prolapsed anus.

by Anonymousreply 229January 28, 2023 1:40 PM

While he's probably right, to put pen to paper and write that kind of thing (admittedly via a ghost writer) is so bitchy.

And then I wonder what's his motivation? He just seems a very unhappy person.

by Anonymousreply 230January 28, 2023 1:52 PM

R229 stop putting yourself down.

by Anonymousreply 231January 28, 2023 1:59 PM

Elvis bought Graceland with his hard earned money.

Harry, as he approaches 40, is still running to daddy for handouts.

by Anonymousreply 232January 28, 2023 2:17 PM

Shut up, Harry. No one cares what you think about anything.

by Anonymousreply 233January 28, 2023 2:20 PM

Elvis is stunning looking in OP's pic. Wonder how old he was then?

by Anonymousreply 234January 28, 2023 2:20 PM

Harry is a stupid inbred cunt.

by Anonymousreply 235January 28, 2023 2:23 PM

I love the couch at r37. Not the rug, curtains, armchairs, or decor, but that couch is something I absolutely would love to have. It’s very autumnal- my favorite season.

by Anonymousreply 236January 28, 2023 4:15 PM

I forget who it was, but years ago I read about some big British rock start who had visited Graceland and then made the comment that "Elvis had really shitty taste".

by Anonymousreply 237January 28, 2023 4:17 PM

He had to fill his book with something. He certainly could rely on his long list of accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 238January 28, 2023 4:53 PM

Harold's motivations are to stab his family in the back, and money.

by Anonymousreply 239January 28, 2023 4:59 PM

R236, our couch did look like that (yellow, orange, and brown floral). Except, the tops of the backrest cushions went straight across (no notched carve-outs at the corners). We also had the matching love seat. We had one single-person chair in green crushed velvet.

by Anonymousreply 240January 28, 2023 5:23 PM

R237 Can't you see the difference between the English pop star who is probably from modest background (they mostly come from working class background) and is a self made men, who achieved fame and earned mobey through his own efforts and royal twat who was born extremely privileged, surrouned by luxury created by centuries of exploitation, who never earned money for a pack of cigarettes in 40 years. It is extremely tacky and snobish of him to mock the taste of a man who was born into poverty and didn't have hihgly qualified tutors to teach him and who made a success with his own efforts.

I would add that extorting money by badmouthing his family like Harry does is in much poorer taste than Elvis' kitchy interior design.

by Anonymousreply 241January 28, 2023 5:24 PM

Nice, R240.

by Anonymousreply 242January 28, 2023 10:28 PM

You have to look at it from a 1970s perspective.

by Anonymousreply 243January 28, 2023 11:46 PM

At least Elvis owned his house, you pretentious cunt.

by Anonymousreply 244January 28, 2023 11:57 PM

Well, he's spot on. I've been there and it's horrid. And it has EIGHT FOOT CEILINGS for Chrissakes. Even McMansions have better proportions.

by Anonymousreply 245January 29, 2023 2:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!