Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

Place your bets!

by Anonymousreply 600March 2, 2023 10:22 PM

God how fucking tiresome you are we these stupid ass threads over and over again.

Get help.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2023 5:56 AM

Anyway, on from last thread… I think it’s fair to say they all have their fans and many of Joe’s are on DL

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2023 6:01 AM

Will this picture ever surface?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2023 6:04 AM

I would be really surprised if it did. Didn’t pop up for birthdays, in photo dumps, etc. Maybe it’s on a finsta, but I doubt it’ll see the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2023 6:07 AM

Doubt it now that it looks like Kit and Maia have either cooled things or gone very private

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2023 6:07 AM

Can’t say I’m too fussed. Kit and Maia’s thing was only really interesting because it riled so many people up.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2023 6:29 AM

Never seen this photo before from NYC, Connor and Joe look like the couple here though lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2023 7:51 AM

Connor always took such nice pics of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2023 8:08 AM

I always imagined that Connor was their occasional third… as observed earlier - it’s not like they can play with people they meet at clubs

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2023 8:30 AM

Haha, I thought something dramatic must have happened when I woke up to 130+ new messages in the HS thread, but it was just everyone rating the cast’s hotness. Fun to read. A welcome change from constantly bringing Twitter crap over here!

No one asked, but I’ll give a woman’s ranking for contrast. I’m queer and mostly attracted to women but occasionally men. For the men, I’d say Will - Kit (although it does depend on what his hair’s doing) - Bash - Kizzy - Joe - Tobie.

I love Joe and think he has lots going for him looks wise - strong jaw line, great hair, nice lips, really good skin. But I tend to like soft features and, being honest, I find his eyebrows too much (and I guess his ears). He doesn’t have particularly soft features and I just think the thick eyebrows make everything too heavy and are always the first thing I notice in a photo. But that’s just personal preference… he’s obviously very popular with gay guys which is very cool.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2023 9:44 AM

So looks like the dler was right. He is at Loewe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2023 9:55 AM

He looks sleepy

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2023 9:57 AM

Livestream if you are bored

backup you can see kit stay on the red carpet for 2 seconds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2023 10:04 AM

R11 he looks shattered. Even that crazy beauty filter Brandon’s uses can’t hide it. I hope it’s been fun and work

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2023 10:22 AM

He also looks really young - not sure what that’s about. He is but he doesn’t usually look 16

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2023 10:27 AM

Timmy showed up and the camera man got distracted along with everyone else and it became a Timmy photoshoot. Kinda weird.

Kit's extra gingery today. His clothes look pretty comfy. No Bash for people wondering

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2023 10:30 AM

R16 Will sharpe is hot as hell

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2023 10:32 AM

Who is Kit talking to?

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2023 10:33 AM

Cute thumbs up at the end. He does look kinda tired, but also in quite good spirits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2023 10:34 AM

It’s interesting that he seems to go to these things alone, as an introvert. I’d find it totally overwhelming. I guess it depends on who’s invited, but surprised he didn’t bring Will along or something.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2023 10:35 AM

I don’t think he’s an introvert. I think he’s mature and pretty reflective but he seems pretty confident and outgoing. Whenever he’s asked about becoming famous/recognised he’s always very enthusiastic (has used the word cool a lot)

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2023 10:44 AM

From start to finish he was probably there 30-45 minutes

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2023 10:46 AM

From yesterday

Atlanta Filming also has a picture of a crime scene unit there too. What did you do Agatha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2023 10:53 AM

R10 that’s funny because as a man I think Joe is very soft featured and pretty. His eyebrows seem to only need about three hairs between great and too close together. I thought they were too close for ages recently (is was shit that HS Makeup didn’t fix it) but the groom he got for the Emmy’s was amazing. Perfect distance apart and best they’ve looked

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2023 10:57 AM

R21 Kit is 100% an introvert, he’s described himself as one multiple times and the signs are all there. He’s probably become a bit more socially confident over time, and he’s also talked about the ‘confident persona’ that he’s had to develop in his working world.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2023 10:57 AM

Omar from YR is at the show too. He’s on the front row and further along from Kit.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2023 10:59 AM

I don’t think the jumper is a particularly flattering neckline for Kit, makes him look a bit bulky in an odd way.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2023 11:00 AM

R24 I also thought Joe was more on the pretty side, despite his jaw line and his big chin. He looks delicate for lack of a better word. I agree I would like to hold him down...and pluck his eyebrows a bit, but otherwise I find him pretty

And Kit seemed fine. He was even aggressively chewing gum today

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2023 11:01 AM

R28 *Wasn't even

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2023 11:01 AM

R24 the gum! Jesus his jaw must be sore

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2023 11:02 AM

R23 I still really wish someone who is lurking around the set bucks the trend and says Joe is cute. I mean you are basically inviting torment from the haters but still

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2023 11:17 AM

Are they filming again today? They really threw Joe into it day 1. Hope trophy boyfriend life is going well for Bash. I expect to see them both at a Target or restaurant soon. Going to need someone to confirm if they’re the type of couple that sits on the same side of a booth.

Kit looks really good in green. I think Brady or whoever he works with should work with him on a facial hair shape. I actually think the stubble (not present here) works for him and makes him look more mature if it’s shaped for his bone structure and not on his neck too

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2023 11:22 AM

R32

[quote]Going to need someone to confirm if they’re the type of couple that sits on the same side of a booth.

We already know they are annoying like that. Train but same concept

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2023 11:28 AM

R33 annoying as hell. They’re extremely cute

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2023 11:30 AM

R32 I said it earlier as well. The facial hair is cute but having a hairy neck is not. We are going to have to sit through the whole of ACGGT(… whatever letters I dunno) with Kit with neck beard. He had it in every promo shot and candid with a fan at the time. Can you tell it’s a pet hate?

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2023 11:35 AM

R33 how can anyone hate those ears, they’re adorable

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2023 11:42 AM

It’s quite interesting watching the livestream with Kit chatting to people. He does come across as very personable, a good listener etc. Can catch glimpses of nervousness when he’s on his own. It’s also interesting (but not surprising) how so many people in the crowd are taking photos or glued to their phones, but I haven’t seen Kit even look at his phone once, which is very refreshing for an 18-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2023 11:43 AM

R37 he’s totally professional isn’t he? Also seems to be just polite.

I like that look actually - it’s probably the closest to his own preferences I’ve seen him in at a show. Wish he would give us a twirl - bet his arse looks great in those leather joggers

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2023 11:52 AM

R37Yeah, and some people were pretty embarrassing in how they treated Timothee. Kit and a few other were the only ones not with their phones out acting a fool

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2023 11:56 AM

Hoping a few of them are able to go to and hang out at NYFW. I know with Joe’s filming schedule being probably semi unpredictable, he probably can’t though maybe he could join for a weekend, but it would be fun for Will, Bash, and Kit.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2023 11:59 AM

Not to be really gay… but some of those Loewe coats are absolutely gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2023 12:01 PM

R41

Same, i would totally buy one if i had he money for things like that

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2023 12:03 PM

R25 I t’s quite funny because from early interviews onward while they were both very personable and funny, I immediately thought both Joe and Kit were introverts. Especially seeing people like Cori and Kizzy alongside them who are blatant extroverts. Then Joe said he was an extrovert and I thought maybe my read was off, but sure enough in the past few months he’s started saying he’s introverted and an “extroverted introvert” which is probably a good description of both of them.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Getty finally updating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2023 12:13 PM

R41 Gay

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2023 12:14 PM

R45 as charged

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2023 12:17 PM

R44 they have done something weird to this image. He looks hot but that photo is so weirdly lit or something

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2023 12:18 PM

He looks really pale, probably bad light, giving twilight vibes

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2023 12:20 PM

R48 that’s exactly it. Full on Robert Pattison vibes

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2023 12:24 PM

This is going to sound mean, but I completely forgot about Russell Tovey for years until I saw this picture. I should look up what he’s been up to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2023 12:29 PM

Talking to Murray Bartlett and Russell Tovey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2023 12:33 PM

R18 in R16? Troye Sivan.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2023 12:41 PM

R51 Kit face is hilarious here. Murray seems like the type that would say something really inappropriate to him just to see the baby queer blush

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2023 12:45 PM

Looks like ITG sent him with Rosie Stewart again, she’s the person who was in Milan with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2023 12:45 PM

R54 I guess he’s “travel with publicist” level of famous now. Quite the step up from Sof

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Clip of him with Will Sharpe and Troye Sivan.

R53 Whatever he said to him worked, Kit’s only followed him and Russell from the show so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2023 12:49 PM

R56 it’s like some kind of White Lotus fever dream. With the exception of this whole experience missing Joe this is hitting a lot of intersectional interests; White Lotus, HS, amazing outerwear, kit with big hair etc.

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2023 12:53 PM

R55 Hopefully he feels comfortable with her, I still feel a bit bad after he admitted he cried at his first PFW.

Anyway, here's Kit in HD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2023 1:01 PM

R58 is that true? I always thought that was like the “fans broke into his hotel on PFW” thing. Just something made up for his crazy fan girls to post about online

by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2023 1:05 PM

To be clear - not made up by Kit, just made up by the fans. I didn’t realise it was something he had actually said

by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2023 1:06 PM

R59 It was mentioned in the GQ MOTY interview:

[quote]Suddenly the pair were being invited to dinners and parties that guys their age seldom get to attend. When Connor arrived at his hotel for Paris Fashion Week that summer, he wept. “It was the first time it felt like a new world,” he says. “I did not deserve it at all.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2023 1:10 PM

R61 well there you go. Poor guy. Must have been very overwhelming… and kind of speaks to how useless Sof must have been as a friend there

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2023 1:12 PM

To be fair to her, she probably couldn't really understand could she, her 20k insta followers hardly give her an insight into the celeb world

by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2023 1:18 PM

R63 ha! So shady

by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2023 1:20 PM

R63 To be fair to her she had more important things to do, like shoot a GRWM TikTok for all of her fans.

by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2023 1:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2023 1:23 PM

R66 Not them calling Josh O'Connor "a guest"

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2023 1:27 PM

R66 Kit has amazing skin but it’s pretty clear he is wearing too much make up for this setting. Really highlighted here when lined up with these other men

by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2023 1:27 PM

R62 in a semi serious comment, even if she was helpful in some ways, I do think him feeling guilty or semi responsible for her being mobbed too probably didn’t help and might’ve been part of being overwhelmed. Joe got freaked out and super obsessive over privacy pre show when people tried to add his mum and mates on social media. Always weirder when it happens to people you care about

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2023 1:28 PM

I think that's ultimately why celebs end up dating celebs, they understand the world, you don't have to worry about them holding their own as much

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2023 1:29 PM

R69 you’re no fun

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2023 1:29 PM

R67 that’s hilarious but I guess goes to show how fleeting being the hottest thing can be. Crown era they would have known exactly who he was

by Anonymousreply 72January 21, 2023 1:31 PM

I’m genuinely really curious to see who from the cast breaks out, who continues being a working actor, and who fades after the show. I think Joe and Kit will both be actually “famous”, Yaz, Will, and Bash will be able to continue being working actors or in Will’s case a musician - but the others, I have no clue.

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2023 1:34 PM

Based on abilities, I would say Joe and Kit will stay more visible.

by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2023 1:38 PM

Yeah I don't get star vibes from any of the rest of them, but, who knows, it only takes one role

by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2023 1:38 PM

Yaz is a very noticeable absence so far

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2023 1:38 PM

I mean I think Joe’s visibility is given for at least the next six to ten years. Kit is obviously absolutely adored by straight women and girls so he’s locked in as a money spinner. This isn’t to take from their talent. I think they’re both great but practically Marvel and being a teen heartthrob will give you a fair bit of longevity

by Anonymousreply 77January 21, 2023 1:43 PM

Just by virtue of Marvel, in the end I think Joe's going to be the most famous among them. Kit will do well, but might end up being more low profile but more award winning perhaps, that is after he gets a little older and the teens move on. I think Bash does well too, though might not ever have some huge Hollywood break out role, but will have steady work. The rest, not too sure. I think Will focuses more on music or theater and Yaz will always get party invites, but not sure she's going to get huge roles since honestly her acting is pretty weak.

Then someone random will probably do well too in some supporting character role.

by Anonymousreply 78January 21, 2023 1:46 PM

R78 honestly, I think Kit will end up in Marvel at some point. Or maybe the new DC universe. He’s seemed pretty keen on the action style roles in interviews and he’s pretty hot right now. I don’t think that just because nothing has been announced doesn’t mean he’s not already lined something like that up

by Anonymousreply 79January 21, 2023 1:48 PM

R79 He could, but Wiccan's just a bigger deal than anything Kit might play. Even Hulkling is basically just known as Wiccan's big green husband

Anyway, Kit's gotta be careful not to do a lot of dumb teen romcoms. He might suffer from his hotness. He seems too smart to Noah Centineo himself though

by Anonymousreply 80January 21, 2023 1:57 PM

R80 I think he’ll be right - he’s making some fairly impressive connections and he’s talented. I hope the movie isn’t bad. That wouldn’t be the greatest start in adult roles

by Anonymousreply 81January 21, 2023 2:03 PM

One of the things that makes me think Kit and Joe will do really well, aside from their work and the roles they have lined up, is that neither rests on their laurels. I know people felt bad for Kit that he said he cringed at his own acting sometimes (to me it seemed half true, half jokingly exaggerated) but while I hope he and Joe are proud of themselves, they’ve both made similar “healthily” self critical remarks. Kit has pointed out some scenes he genuinely liked but said others he goes “oh why did I do it like that” and Joe said that rewatching it he sees his weak parts and parts where he put too much of himself into Charlie. Being open to that critique and self critique means they’ll both grow as actors as opposed to staying stagnant as good teen actors but mediocre adults.

by Anonymousreply 82January 21, 2023 2:05 PM

R81 Even if it's bad I think Kit will do well enough and get good reviews. The movie rests on Maia, not him. He just plays the charming love interest, which everyone knows he can do. And I don't think people are going to consider it an adult role anyway

by Anonymousreply 83January 21, 2023 2:09 PM

I think the Agatha project should be good, but Marvel's in a weird place right now where fatigue is starting to set in and that's partly why Feige's slowing down the studio's output. If Phase 4/5/6 come together it'll be fine, but right now the only project that's hit in the last year is Wakanda Forever. Either way, Joe's involvement is great for visibility and hopefully they don't fuck up Wiccan. The other advantage is that the Disney+ actors aren't being reduced to their Marvel role and their Marvel role only (like a lot of the Avenger actors, for example).

R79 Grace did say Marvel met with him and she's been pretty spot-on so far, but they have so many projects in development that who knows what it's for or how far down the line it is.

R81 My feeling is that it'll wind up being a YA thing that comes out on a streamer and doesn't help or harm him either way. Maia's really the one that needs the push from it more than Kit.

by Anonymousreply 84January 21, 2023 2:14 PM

Just before Joe's role in Marvel was announced everyone was saying he wasn't booking anything like Kit and Bash had, even messaging his agent if I remember correctly, and then he got announced for the biggest role of all of them, I get the feeling that will happen with Kit, it will look like he's chilling before season 2 of HS and then he will be announced for something big

by Anonymousreply 85January 21, 2023 2:20 PM

I’m going to stake bets now that Kit’s thing is Hercules and that Bash is doing a play next. Also that Will will have a song or two on the next HS soundtrack but maybe that’s too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 86January 21, 2023 2:23 PM

R85 agree. He’s just too in the zeitgeist to ignore. He will definitely have stuff going on right now. I wonder if the fans messaging Joe’s agent are the same ones that now encourage homophobic hate against him on tw - I bet they are!

by Anonymousreply 87January 21, 2023 2:25 PM

R66 Just noticed Harry Lambert in the second row, paging The Hague.

by Anonymousreply 88January 21, 2023 2:25 PM

R86 take your screenshot for evidence now babe

by Anonymousreply 89January 21, 2023 2:31 PM

I regret not screenshotting when I called Joe auditioning for Wiccan when he popped up in LA.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2023 2:34 PM

R89 will submit this with a CV when I apply for jobs if I’m right.

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2023 2:37 PM

R84 I agree re the volume but looking at Marvel subreddits, Agatha is one of the most anticipated. Wiccan is HUGE and people are really excited for him, people live Kathryn Hahn, and Wandavision was one of the few Marvel properties that got real acting nods. I think the push for it will be really big

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2023 2:47 PM

R92 I’m so focused on the Twitter hate I totally forgot there are whole other sections of the internet… im so pleased for him that there is actually excitement for his Billy that isn’t just here

by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2023 2:51 PM

So do we reckon Bash is still in Atlanta then? Genuinely thought he'd show at Fashion week. Must be boring as fuck during the day in a city you don't know anyone whilst your boyfriend is working, although didn't he film Doom Patrol near Atlanta, maybe he has some people there he knows from that

by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Maybe Atlanta has a Kmart as well as a Target?

by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2023 3:16 PM

Maybe bash also has something coming up and is learning scripts as well? To be honest if you have to be apart from family and friends and bored, at least the time difference in a way makes it easier. By 1pm in Atlanta it’s 6 in London, his parents and friends are likely home or around to FaceTime, then Joe is back in the evenings. He just has to entertain himself in the mornings

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Not sure who he’s hugging, but sweet. Surprised we didn’t get a pic of him with Omar though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 21, 2023 4:40 PM

R97 wait, that girl running the account says she’s a lesbian? That’s a fucking plot twist. She seems about 2 seconds from rubbing her clit to him most of the time.

Cute picture though

by Anonymousreply 98January 21, 2023 4:42 PM

Rumoured plot:

Translated bits

In the first two episodes, his name is Nicholas, Agatha's adopted son. At the end of episode 3, we learn that his birth name is Billy Kaplan as he searches for his birth parents with his boyfriend. However, Agatha doesn't care that Wanda's son was also named Billy.

• Billy and Tommy are basically reincarnations of two mythical beings and they both reside in New Jersey. Wanda used their energy to create the twins in Westview, so technically Wanda Vision's were the "reincarnations" and the originals already existed.

• We only know that Billy is related to Wanda because she says, based on her readings of the Demiurge, in addition to the Mephisto's monologue. Agatha's main concern in the last episode is Billy, and no longer his fame or being a "heroine".

• In Episode 2, a rebellious Billy tries to defy his mother (Agatha) and make a scene in a mall, to the dismay of Agatha, who wants to protect your reputation and fame in Westview.

• Here, Billy is not the completely sweet boy from the comics. He has a rebellious spirit and his antics at the mall end up getting him into legal trouble, but Agatha releases him using her fame.

⚫ He is a fanboy of the Scarlet Witch and, in the first episodes, Agatha tries to reconcile with him. At this moment, nobody knows that he is related to the Scarlet Witch or that he is the Wiccan.

⚫ Agatha, Wanda and Billy form a family at the end of the series. They are not the focus of Vision Quest, but Tommy is.

The Divinity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 21, 2023 4:52 PM

Don’t quote me on this, but I think Kit is hugging the guy in the Yankees cap from the video in R54.

by Anonymousreply 100January 21, 2023 4:55 PM

The stuff from R99 is from Great Phase again, here's the original thread. People really do not want to let the Nicholas Scratch thing go, huh? Now as a fake-out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 21, 2023 4:57 PM

That sounds good. Yes to Joe being a little shit. The whole calling him Nicolas thing is going to be pretty funny considering people keep pushing that still.

The lesbians will be happy with Wiccan and his two moms.

by Anonymousreply 102January 21, 2023 4:58 PM

They are so young. It’s impossible to say if any of them will be massive stars. I massively dislike superhero movies but I assume a Marvel role will be at least some what notable & fans & opportunities will come from it so long as he does a good job. But you can break out anytime. It takes one role. Look at Hunter Doohan from Wednesday. He had nothing much until he was 28. And suddenly he’s got 4 million Insta followers, fan pages for days, invited to fashion shows in multiple countries & a lot of praise for the role he played. You couldn’t have predicted it. It’s just one of those right place; right time.

by Anonymousreply 103January 21, 2023 5:02 PM

Joe being both Nicholas Scratch and Billy Kaplan is pretty funny. Let's hope they don't make Skaar Hulkling since that's another annoying as shit thing that won't go away

by Anonymousreply 104January 21, 2023 5:03 PM

He supposedly has access to entire scripts but doesn't know anything about the rat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 21, 2023 5:07 PM

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but no other Marvel D+ show has had leaks this thorough, especially this early into production (or ever?), so the more information this person puts out the less I believe them.

by Anonymousreply 106January 21, 2023 5:10 PM

Movies have had the whole plot spoiled, not sure about shows. Though seems a bit early to have everything. I'd take it with a grain of salt. This guy is an unreliable leaker. Watch to see if he deletes anything he's tweeted I guess.

by Anonymousreply 107January 21, 2023 5:14 PM

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 21, 2023 5:15 PM

R103 as messed up as it is, and while I’m sure he wishes this Piece of “luck” didn’t happen, the Percy Hynes white situation will also be a boost for Hunter. It looked like they were going to try the love triangle thing but have Percy’s character end up with Wednesday (I know they keep teasing Enid but I doubt it). Now it’ll more likely be Hunter, or at least he’ll have a bigger role

by Anonymousreply 109January 21, 2023 5:33 PM

Kit is very endearing in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 21, 2023 6:18 PM

R94 He could be there or in London I guess. His social media isn't giving many hints one way or the other. Though he could still go to the Maison Margiela show tomorrow I guess. Bash has gone to JW Anderson shows before, but not sure Loewe? Figured he'd get an invite anyway since it's a gay paradise. I wouldn't be too surprised if he's got something coming up and is just laying low after the dumb drama.

by Anonymousreply 111January 21, 2023 6:23 PM

R98 yeah - she’s full of shit. Convinced she just said that to make a connection with him that wasn’t creepy and now uses it cover not to be called a tragic fangirl. I know that we are aiming for no Twitter but gotta jump on and say how disgusting she is. And the way she just ignores Joe. We get it - you’re a straight girl obsessed with a teen idol who is a attractive in a very heteronormative way (no shade to kit - not his fault that he’s hot in a way that straight girls understand)

by Anonymousreply 112January 21, 2023 6:28 PM

Looks like a lot of the celebs are staying in the same hotel for PFW so fans are camping out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 21, 2023 6:31 PM

R113 there’s a website that posts where celebrities are staying. He looks really good in those glasses

by Anonymousreply 114January 21, 2023 6:39 PM

With fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 21, 2023 6:41 PM

How can one person look so different over the course of a couple.of weeks, he can look anything from16 to about 25

by Anonymousreply 116January 21, 2023 6:55 PM

Pretty convenient thing for an actor to be able to do.

by Anonymousreply 117January 21, 2023 6:57 PM

R115 I would love to see him play a role where he wear glasses. For no other reason than looks really hot in glasses.

by Anonymousreply 118January 21, 2023 7:12 PM

Thinking out loud here, but part of me wouldn't be surprised if Kit gets invited to the Met Gala. Based on Heartstopper alone I would say none of the cast would get an invite, but Kit's seems to be fostering a pretty solid relationship with Jonathan Anderson between his support of Loewe (front row at two shows, attended the Loewe Foundation dinner) and JW Anderson (a show, wearing them in GQ). I could envision him getting an invite to Loewe's table this spring.

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2023 8:13 PM

R119 Yaz is the most likely demographically to be honest. kit and Joe seem to have comparable shots to me; Kit has a good relationship with Loewe but even bigger celebrities are desperate for a met gala invite so loewe might hold off on him for a year or two. Wouldn’t be totally shocked to see any of the above 3 there, but also wouldn’t be surprised if none attended

by Anonymousreply 120January 21, 2023 8:24 PM

He’s now praised for not being a racist. This fandom is insane, Bash is a transphobe for voicing a game and Kit is a hero for having black friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 21, 2023 8:34 PM

A more nuanced conversation could be had about that, but it’s Twitter drama so I’ll pass for now.

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2023 8:40 PM

Jonathan Anderson would pick Taylor Russell to invite/dress over Kit. Or an older actor he's worked with before. It's a bit soon for Kit.

R121 Kinda cracks me up Yaz is in two of the pictures though

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2023 8:41 PM

Designers buy out tables and invite groups of celebrities, it’s not just one or two. Somewhere around 10, usually.

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2023 8:43 PM

R119 I’d be pretty shocked to be honest. While he may have good relationship with Anderson every attendee goes past Anna for approval. I just don’t know that he’s had enough impact in the US or enough recognition for his style for an invite. I’m also not really sure why you see Kit getting an invite over Joe who also has very strong relationships with Dior and McQueen and just happens to be working right now… but okay

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2023 9:07 PM

Speaking of Yaz. No invite to any of the shows? I wonder if she’s starting to get a rep for being difficult. She seems such a nightmare attention whore

by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2023 9:15 PM

R125 I didn’t leave that comment but to be fair the comment didn’t seem exclusive of Joe, just that Kit has a clear strong relationship with a brand he’s been developing. As I said though I do think Yaz is most likely as Anna does approve invites. British Vogue cover and black trans woman is more likely that “Netflix teen stars”

by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2023 9:16 PM

R127 I think Yaz is a lock

by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2023 9:17 PM

R127 it absolutely excluded Joe. Guess the girls are back now it’s free to comment here again

by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2023 9:19 PM

R129 mate you can look at my comments, I’m a gay man and a bigger fan of Joe than Kit

by Anonymousreply 130January 21, 2023 9:21 PM

R119

Maybe, but i don’t think so tbh. I’m not sure if Loewe buys a table at the met, other brands within lvmh do but i don’t remember if they do. If they do, yeah i could definitely see him going if invited. Unfortunately, Anna still controls the guest list so if she doesn’t approve he wouldn’t go. Then again, she has been approving people who i thought would never get an invite soo..

by Anonymousreply 131January 21, 2023 9:26 PM

R130 I would just ignore the bitter queen. I also think Yaz a lock and Kit actually more likely than Joe to pop up this year. Looking at previous years Dior and McQueen have really massive names so Joe’s relationship with them probably doesn’t push him high enough up the list. Loewe dress Dan Levy two years ago so up and coming stars more likely to get an invite from them (with Anna’s approval obviously)

by Anonymousreply 132January 21, 2023 9:28 PM

R125 I think you've been spending too much time on Twitter if you're reading my comment as a slight against Joe. The comment came about because I was looking at Kit on Getty Images and noticed all of the Loewe/JW Anderson events and remembered he wore JW Anderson in GQ. He has a stronger tie with a specific designer than Joe and Yaz right now. That was it. By the way, the same Anna Wintour went from having a strict ban on influencers to letting them go to the Met Gala. Netflix show stars have also been invited previously; Nicola Coughlan went with Richard Quinn last year. I'm not saying it'll happen, I'm saying I could see it happening. And the comment about not expecting Heartstopper people before I noticed the Kit stuff was because Heartstopper wasn't a hit in the US, not because I think Joe and Yaz aren't worthy or something.

R129 Yes, and that's definitely why I left a comment in the last thread just last night saying, and I quote: "I think Joe deserves to be appreciated somewhere so I refuse to say anything negative about him." Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2023 9:28 PM

I think Joe going would be more interesting than Kit personally, though I don't expect either.

by Anonymousreply 134January 21, 2023 9:28 PM

Anna basically threw out her self-imposed Met Gala rules when she finally let the Kardashians go.

by Anonymousreply 135January 21, 2023 9:33 PM

Joe is likely to get an invite the year agatha is out and to be able to “sustain the momentum”, aka get multiple invites. Being the first big out gay marvel star and let’s face it, having a high fashion look (no offense to the Phastos actor) will serve him well, and given his work with marvel will be over multiple years and holly and designers like him a lot, he’ll be able to continue going for a while if he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 136January 21, 2023 9:33 PM

R134

I know this is just petty, but would the self righteous stans on Twitter get mad that any of them go to this years met. it’s in celebration of Karl Lagerfeld he wasn’t exactly the greatest person. Then again i really don’t expect anything for the guys going this year since its Karl, they could just go in a skinny black suit with gloves and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 137January 21, 2023 9:34 PM

R136

Yeah for sure i see that happening. Especially if Agatha does well, & continues working with designers, he can pull it off

by Anonymousreply 138January 21, 2023 9:35 PM

R137 nah they’ve been manifesting kit specifically at the met, they’d be thrilled. If joe or Bash go though they’ll pull up a list of his problematic behaviour

by Anonymousreply 139January 21, 2023 9:35 PM

R136 No offense to you, but seeing Brian Tyree Henry referred to as "the Phastos actor" caused me physical pain.

by Anonymousreply 140January 21, 2023 9:36 PM

R140 ha I’m actually a big Atlanta fan, so I know who he is and think he’s great - just wanted to give marvel shorthand to anyone unaware there was a gay superhero pre Wiccan

by Anonymousreply 141January 21, 2023 9:37 PM

Loewe’s social media person pandering to a very specific audience with this tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 21, 2023 9:40 PM

Omar scored the better look unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 143January 21, 2023 9:43 PM

I don't know that it was unfortunate, but it was definitely the better look.

by Anonymousreply 144January 21, 2023 9:45 PM

I hate those goddamn shorts and every designer should be using them as kindling instead of putting them on men.

by Anonymousreply 145January 21, 2023 9:46 PM

Kit looks comfy at least

And Bash liking posts about Loewe at fashion week but not even going

by Anonymousreply 146January 21, 2023 9:46 PM

Kit just isn’t “famous enough” to get looks that suit him yet. He’s smart to go anyway and develop the relationship. He is someone who just looks better in more classic things and things that show his build, but unless you’re extremely tiny like Joe or can pull off looks like Omar or Will (and I do think Kit wouldn’t pull off what he has on, though nor would 90% of the population) you are stuck with what designers hand you a lot of the time until you bank up enough fame for better looks. That being said Harry Lambert is, as someone else said, a war criminal, so Kit may come out looking better at a fair few events due to that

by Anonymousreply 147January 21, 2023 9:47 PM

R146 he’s busy househusbanding and being all over Joe who as of last night is DL’s most eligible twink

by Anonymousreply 148January 21, 2023 9:51 PM

Breaking news though, he didn't like the Timmy pic

by Anonymousreply 149January 21, 2023 9:52 PM

IMO the one genuinely bad look Kit has had was pre-Heartstopper, and I refuse to retraumatize myself by bringing it over here. I’m sure everyone here knows which one it is anyway.

by Anonymousreply 150January 21, 2023 9:53 PM

R109 - what did Percy do?! Another young actor being cancelled for something? I’m (not at all) shocked.

(Soz to derail the HS chat, as you were!)

by Anonymousreply 151January 21, 2023 9:54 PM

R151 There’s…a lot. This thread has some of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 21, 2023 9:56 PM

R151 You don’t want to know if half the accusations are true he will be facing prison not cancellation

by Anonymousreply 153January 21, 2023 9:57 PM

R150 Attitude Awards? At least it was all of them since the only person who looked good was Bash, who styled himself

by Anonymousreply 154January 21, 2023 9:58 PM

R154 Got it in one.

by Anonymousreply 155January 21, 2023 9:59 PM

R151 for once he actually deserves to be “cancelled” and probably in prison

by Anonymousreply 156January 21, 2023 10:03 PM

Omar looked gorgeous bar the god awful sunglasses. Yikes. Omar is very definition of a pretty face, don’t hide it behind terrible glasses boy!

I agree Kit just hasn’t quite settled on his style yet. He doesn’t quite have the face or body for these high fashion, ultra quirky looks. It works on skinny, narrow shouldered, petite boys or boys who are not so ‘boyish’. Kit is someone I’d call a proper boy. He’s thicker set, broader, stockier and day to day, his clothes are typical teenage lad. Joggers, plain white tee, hoody. Kit will morph into someone akin to Russel Tovey as he matures I recon. Gym honed, muscly, really masculine. He just needs to settle into what he feels comfortable in, maybe slightly less of the quirk but still looking super stylish.

by Anonymousreply 157January 21, 2023 10:06 PM

Kit knows it too r150, that’s why he archived that pic on his instagram

by Anonymousreply 158January 21, 2023 10:07 PM

R157 I thought Kit looked gorgeous at the Attitude awards (2022!) so he definitely can look very high fashion when styled correctly. The problem with the shows is they get a bunch of clothes thrown at them that their stylists have to make work. I think Omar probably got that look option because he’s got a bit of a trashy euro vibe (in the best possible way).

by Anonymousreply 159January 21, 2023 10:11 PM

So the Percy allegations are from people he went to school with & a twitter account people are claiming was him but isn’t in his name? I mean, I’m not one to doubt victims but twitter is a cesspool of insane teenagers & raping people in a basement sounds like it came from a horror show. He seems close with all the cast so I guess we’ll see if any of them pay it any attention..

by Anonymousreply 160January 21, 2023 10:14 PM

R154 it’s pretty cute looking at those photos. They all look terrible but you can see the foundation of their looks in the future. Kit and Will in retro suiting, Joe with his chest out, Yaz with cutouts.

by Anonymousreply 161January 21, 2023 10:18 PM

R160 I think he was probably a pretty shit person in school but all the allegations are hearsay and the rest is just him being a douche. The whole rape basement thing is a bit crazy is just randomly come out. Teenage boy manipulating teenage girl into sex isn't exactly going to land someone in jail.

And pretty sure he's dating Jenna.

by Anonymousreply 162January 21, 2023 10:22 PM

Kit was the second photo on Loewe’s Insta post, right behind Timmy. SM manager knows all about Insta engagement

by Anonymousreply 163January 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Random but Atlanta Filming is fighting with the girl who took the pictures of filming because she joked about venmo

[quote] This Kahn Stalker is asking people to Venmo them money to go to set. Don't send anyone money. There are shots of the cast out and they should show up on Monday. Someone will get photos for you for free.

Not exactly sure where they get off since the paps sell filming pics to the Daily Mail all the time, but okay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 21, 2023 10:33 PM

R160 The Twitter account was pretty clearly him, he posted pictures of himself on there and he deleted the account and limited comments on his Instagram as soon as it was found. But the most damning thing to me was his own mom liking a tweet that basically amounted to, "Maybe was shitty in the past but he's better now!"

by Anonymousreply 165January 21, 2023 10:38 PM

R164 I'm guessing he's mad because a teenager (?) is doing his job better than him and got the first cast pictures.

by Anonymousreply 166January 21, 2023 10:39 PM

R165 ugh, poor Jenna

by Anonymousreply 167January 21, 2023 10:40 PM

The girl’s pictures devalued any pictures he presumably took and sold to agencies, since he knows they’re being published on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 168January 21, 2023 10:41 PM

R164 very funny that her fans loved that she was side eyeing them and pointing them out to security. Can you imagine if Joe did that to heartstopper fans, or any of the cast really. Even Kit wouldn’t survive that

by Anonymousreply 169January 21, 2023 10:42 PM

R162 Jenna can do better and hopefully she gets away from him. He sounds like he's a creep even if only 1/4 of the things in the thread end up being true. But I'm not surprised that they've ended up dating after playing each other's love interests two projects in a row.

by Anonymousreply 170January 21, 2023 10:45 PM

R169 Yes, it was legit funny she was happy to be banned and thrown out because of Kathryn. Agatha fandom is going to be pretty fun, espeically since all the girls who wanted to fetishize Wiccan are going to move on to some other gay pairing

by Anonymousreply 171January 21, 2023 10:55 PM

R171 yep, RWRB movie can have them. Agree Agatha fans could be a lot of fun. If Joe can get the Gen Z lesbians on his team with his performance that would be great

by Anonymousreply 172January 21, 2023 11:02 PM

This is old and has probably been posted but the cast isn’t giving us content right now and he is so endearing. Guessing the penguins were a Bash gift given they were spotted at the zoo over the summer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 22, 2023 4:15 AM

He really does look pretty great in most colours

by Anonymousreply 174January 22, 2023 5:04 AM

I’m still hoping that we’re getting more than the couple of really short videos we’ve gotten from that day.

by Anonymousreply 175January 22, 2023 5:22 AM

I hope they actually did some stuff with he and Kit together. Seems like this was filmed right before they went and their chemistry was really ramping up there. I really enjoyed all of their interviews from there

by Anonymousreply 176January 22, 2023 5:36 AM

*went to Brazil

by Anonymousreply 177January 22, 2023 5:37 AM

Kit is way nicer than I am for hugging everyone that asks.

Other random things: The account that reported where all of the celebs were staying tweeted that Kit left Paris and Kit followed the guy he hugged at Loewe yesterday (tylerjxckson on Instagram).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 22, 2023 4:01 PM

Tyler is hot as hell. Seems like he works for Loewe.

by Anonymousreply 179January 22, 2023 4:08 PM

Kit is way nicer than he should be considering he was mobbed outside of his hotel yet again by what appears to be many of the same people from the last time he was in Paris for fashion week.

by Anonymousreply 180January 22, 2023 5:04 PM

His hair looks great here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 22, 2023 5:33 PM

There’s apparently some sort of drama, fans followed him from his hotel to the train? No idea where the video is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 22, 2023 5:54 PM

Oh that’s rich coming from the girl that stalks him at his hotels and heartstopper set when he’s in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 183January 22, 2023 6:00 PM

The behaviour of the French is what I would have expected to happen in Brazil.

Anyway, I think Kit went to the Loewe dinner (that Omar alluded to on Twitter) yesterday. He was still running around with his handler after the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 22, 2023 6:05 PM

They were all trying to stalk him but failed. The OG stalker gave up and there were two others stalking the stalker while stalking him as well.

Must be rough being attractive to women. Poor Kit!

by Anonymousreply 185January 22, 2023 6:06 PM

They made up a bunch of nonsense about fans breaking into his hotel room last PFW so I’d take it with a grain of salt. I’m not sure what the whole obsession with pretending he’s being stalked is. There was also a rumour he got mobbed at Wasia project gig until someone who was there said he stayed the whole way, happily posed for photos and seemed to have a great time. I know there are definitely some creeps who are fans but he generally still seems to mostly be able to move around as he’d like.

by Anonymousreply 186January 22, 2023 6:07 PM

R179 I get why Kit hugged him so enthusiastically now.

by Anonymousreply 187January 22, 2023 6:09 PM

R186 I think it's just a lot of jealousy. The fans who meet him are always apparently stalking him. Fans get really upset if someone meets him and it's not them.

Its' like the whole picture with the cast after The Trials. Is that woman weird? Yes, but the cast didn't give a shit and took a fun picture for her. But fans made up some crazy ass stories about how she cornered them while they were drunk and vulnerable and stalked them. Also turns out Will was the one who told them where they were

by Anonymousreply 188January 22, 2023 6:12 PM

R186 he regularly walks around and takes the Tube in London without any issues; he gets mobbed outside his hotel on the way to and from shows. But that is not unusual so I don’t know why they want him to be a victim so badly all the time. He is waited for outside shows and his hotel like most other celebrities there. Weirdly the Young Royals fandom is much more sensible about this, they pointed out that interrupting Edvin’s holiday wasn’t good but showing you’re a big fan of a celebrity getting fashion invites (as they did with Omar) helps them if anything, since they’re really invited to tap into their influence and fanbase. Obviously fans take it over the line sometimes but it’s never seemed to me Kit gets significantly more mobbed that the rest of the cast

Fhe HS fandom has a weird fixation on babying and worrying for Kit which must be annoying as shit for him. They still “fight” every troll who says he’s queerbaiting, insist he looks tired and anxious and needs sleep from stress, fret that he’s under too much pressure. It must be incredible weird and annoying to be seen as a delicate flower about to snap when he and Joe both seem relatively Hardy considering how much shit they get

by Anonymousreply 189January 22, 2023 6:13 PM

R189 it’s in-line with all the sexualising shit they used to do. He literally had to post a photo of himself half naked in a hotel bathroom, taken by the hot woman he was sleeping with to shut them up, and that barely worked. They’re not children.

Heaps of people were staying at that hotel for PFW. Some of those fans wouldn’t have been there for him

by Anonymousreply 190January 22, 2023 6:17 PM

[quote]They were all trying to stalk him but failed. The OG stalker gave up and there were two others stalking the stalker while stalking him as well.

I had to read this twice.

YMMV, but I doubt Kit cares that much. And I don't think Kit's purpose in posting himself half-naked was to shut them up, either. I imagine the queerbaiting stuff being sent directly to him registered much more than squabbling between a handful of his fans.

by Anonymousreply 191January 22, 2023 6:22 PM

Yeah, for anyone that was around before the show came out the thirst traps weren’t new or out of character for Kit. They’re not super frequent, but they do pop up once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 192January 22, 2023 6:26 PM

Yep, I’m around from the show only and used to spend a lot more time fascinated by their Twitter fandom than I should - so that stuff always sounded really loud to me. This is why it good I now steer clear (ish).

by Anonymousreply 193January 22, 2023 6:33 PM

Kit fans have a habit of exaggerating stuff. You would think something might have happened to Kit with how they tweet. But it's just some hypothetical situation they made up which they think might happen.

by Anonymousreply 194January 22, 2023 6:39 PM

R184

More than likely he went too. I follow Aron Piper on ig and he posted a story last night of a loewe table setting at at restaurant so i am guessing most of the people who were invited to the show went

by Anonymousreply 195January 22, 2023 6:59 PM

I just remembered he went through a recent phase of actually posting his location on Insta stories. I remember thinking it was hilarious. Like that random outlet he had lunch with Maia and the gym in LA (which is admittedly iconic). I’m not sure he was aiming to be thirsty but it was an amusing moment

by Anonymousreply 196January 22, 2023 7:13 PM

R195 I hope some photos are released!

by Anonymousreply 197January 22, 2023 7:14 PM

The interaction at R178 without music over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 22, 2023 8:31 PM

Releasing a book BEFORE he’s even acted in the show seems like a weird choice but good for him I guess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 22, 2023 8:35 PM

R199

I appreciate the hustle get your money while you can

by Anonymousreply 200January 22, 2023 8:39 PM

Can't blame him for working. Let's take a bet on how much screentime he has in S2.

Less than 2-3 minutes? More or less than Ben?

by Anonymousreply 201January 22, 2023 8:40 PM

less than 10 minutes and thats me being generous

by Anonymousreply 202January 22, 2023 8:41 PM

I want to say around the same as Ben, maybe between 5-10 minutes? Him making Nick jealous and whatever storyline he might have with Isaac. Plus he's in the main friend group for the Paris trip, it looked like.

Speaking of milking Heartstopper fans, the short film that keeps casting minor actors from the show is amusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 22, 2023 8:43 PM

[quote]milking Heartstopper fans

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 204January 22, 2023 8:46 PM

R198 Bless him, he is a sweetheart. I can see why people often describe him as gentle.

by Anonymousreply 205January 22, 2023 8:48 PM

R199 let’s hope it’s not a Bash situation where the character is a prick and the fans turn on him after him after the fact. Seems unlikely but they are so easily slighted

R205 can see why he’s always described a mature

by Anonymousreply 206January 22, 2023 9:22 PM

R201 10 minutes tops. I’ve never counted but Tobie couldn’t have got much more than that. I suppose it’s possible there will be some excruciatingly long ace storyline but hopefully Netflix put the stoppers on anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 207January 22, 2023 9:25 PM

Part of me wonders what notes she got for the first season (the season this screenshot is referring to) and if part of the struggles she keeps alluding to for the second season are about the network.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 22, 2023 10:28 PM

A particularly twink picture of Joe (an old one I know)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 22, 2023 10:28 PM

R208 I hope someone sent her a note that nobody cares about asexuals

R209 Isn't every picture a twink picture. His arms are so tiny.

by Anonymousreply 210January 22, 2023 10:33 PM

R210 they all are but ones where he shows more skin it’s especially blatant. Bash is lucky

by Anonymousreply 211January 22, 2023 10:33 PM

R211 very

R208 interesting - I wonder if she and Patrick didn’t have such a great relationship this time. I did wonder if her relationship with Netflix had something to do with her not attending the Emmy’s (presumably because she was being snotty). I thought that was really weird as it seemed like the show was the favourite in its category

by Anonymousreply 212January 22, 2023 10:40 PM

R208 ugh - just realised you were very clear that post was about season 1! Gotta stop skimming

by Anonymousreply 213January 22, 2023 10:43 PM

R208 I am just picturing Netflix execs reaction to being informed she wanted a multi episode deep dive arc exploring Isaac and James’ asexual bookish companionship in the middle as the romantic counter weight to Charlie’s mental health storyline.

Not that there isn’t a place for asexual stories they are not represented much in the media so fair enough but not in the 8 short crowded episodes of this series with the actors of the lead relationship turning out to be break out charismatic money spinners with off the scale chemistry I just can’t imagine it going down well.

It is possible that was at least some of the stress the story arc was clearly very important to her and she talked it up a lot to fans but I really can’t see them having the space for a lot of screen time or the audience interest beyond the puritan hardcore fan girls.

She also said she introduced Isaac in the first place to replace the original asexual friend in the comics (whose name escapes me) precisely because she felt they didn’t have the space to do justice to his story so trying to then crowbar at least part of it in anyway through Isaac doesn’t seem the cleverest move

by Anonymousreply 214January 22, 2023 11:22 PM

R214 I think the thing with the friend character Aled is he has his own book which weirdly Charlie and the rest of the friend group don’t feature in, so she wanted to preserve the storyline there. I’m guessing she wanted to spin out sside characters more and also potentially that Joe and/or Kit let it be known they only intend to do 3 seasons, so she had pressure to cram in more storyline than she intended to for S2

by Anonymousreply 215January 22, 2023 11:42 PM

Not inviting Isaac to the milkshake cafe in s1 simply because he’s single could have made him feel left out. With all his friends coupling up, he could be left out a lot. A short conversation explaining that he’s asexual and doesn’t want to date anyone, but also doesn’t want to constantly be excluded from large group activities seems like an important conversation to have. But it’s a one minute conversation. There you go, realistic asexual representation.

by Anonymousreply 216January 22, 2023 11:45 PM

R216 what’s ironic is for all that I roll my eyes at all the asking for even more rep fans do online, I agree that adding little bits of colour in that take 15 seconds would both fill out the storylines more realistically and add the rep people want. In the comics Elle is Egyptian and I think Muslim. Throwing in a line about her fasting for Ramadan and declining Tao’s mums treats would be smart. Something like the above about the asexuality would be good. Charlie explaining he can’t speak Spanish because his mum feels left out and doesn’t like the kids knowing a language she doesn’t would be in character for her relationship and make more sense than the convoluted backstory Alice gives.

I do hope they lean into the fact that Kit likely won’t be good at French and have some line about how he’s pretty mubb cvs fluent but because his dad left when he was young his accent is atrocious

by Anonymousreply 217January 22, 2023 11:51 PM

Yeah, it doesn’t even have to be that deep. Sometimes, even when you’re raised with the language, you can have the comprehension of a fluent person but the accent just isn’t there. I have family members like that, where we talk to them in Spanish and they understand, but reply in English because their accents embarrass them.

by Anonymousreply 218January 23, 2023 12:41 AM

Looks like Kit did interact with Timothee at Loewe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 23, 2023 12:13 PM

Love that for him.

by Anonymousreply 220January 23, 2023 12:21 PM

R219 Haven't paid much attention to Timmy, but he seems like a nice chill guy. He even took selfies with fans. Kit isn't nearly as introverted and awkward as some people want to say he is

And Tyler's still hot

by Anonymousreply 221January 23, 2023 12:21 PM

HS is the most unrealistic representation of a group of friends in the history of time. We’ve got gays, bisexual, lesbians, non-binary, transgender, straight (but happy to date the transgender character), asexuals, closet gay, black, asian, kid with feeding tube & even token overweight character.

Alice really went with ‘I must represent every possible minority’ didn’t she!

by Anonymousreply 222January 23, 2023 12:38 PM

And she did it with great success r222.

by Anonymousreply 223January 23, 2023 12:41 PM

One of Kit's LA trip friends posted a throwback story that Kit appears in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 23, 2023 1:05 PM

R219 Nice! Lol can anyone lipread? I can make out Timmy asking how old Kit is, Kit saying eighteen, Timmy saying ‘oh tuck’ and Kit saying ‘yeah, I’m a baby’.

by Anonymousreply 225January 23, 2023 2:08 PM

Lol, rude of it to autocorrect the swear word. *fuck

by Anonymousreply 226January 23, 2023 2:10 PM

More set pics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227January 23, 2023 4:17 PM

R227 Nice, shame they're blurred though.

by Anonymousreply 228January 23, 2023 4:19 PM

They haven't posted it yet on IG. When they said new pics Monday I expected something better than potato quality. I want to see Joe's hair

by Anonymousreply 229January 23, 2023 4:29 PM

Does no one have a decent phone that goes to these sets?!

by Anonymousreply 230January 23, 2023 4:39 PM

I'm guessing they sold them and HQ will come

by Anonymousreply 231January 23, 2023 4:43 PM

Love that we seem to be getting pics anyway, I thought it might be slim pickings.

by Anonymousreply 232January 23, 2023 4:50 PM

He looks great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Source

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Joe's twitter is going to be deleted for real soon isn't it? It's about that time

And he seems close with Ali Ahn.

by Anonymousreply 236January 23, 2023 5:13 PM

It almost looks like they clipped some extra hair in the front.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 23, 2023 5:13 PM

A leather thigh holster is hot

by Anonymousreply 238January 23, 2023 5:13 PM

Billy a spicy little twink. Would be great if the show gave him a bit more personality.

by Anonymousreply 239January 23, 2023 5:15 PM

R197 Timmy posted a picture of him and Luca at the dinner, but nothing else so far.

by Anonymousreply 240January 23, 2023 5:15 PM

R238 The tear in the jeans or are you thinking out loud and want him to get one?

by Anonymousreply 241January 23, 2023 5:16 PM

R241 looks like he’s wearing one in the r233 pic

by Anonymousreply 242January 23, 2023 5:17 PM

He is wearing black nail paint.

by Anonymousreply 243January 23, 2023 5:17 PM

R241 He has a thigh holster on the other leg. You can see it best in R233

by Anonymousreply 244January 23, 2023 5:20 PM

Will in British GQ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 23, 2023 5:24 PM

R243 He might be wearing eyeliner too?

by Anonymousreply 246January 23, 2023 5:25 PM

Kit left a comment on Will’s GQ feature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 23, 2023 7:00 PM

R225 that’s pretty cute. I bet people ask him all the time because he seems so grown up.

R246 I think so too. That would be hot

by Anonymousreply 248January 23, 2023 7:02 PM

R247 so cute. I always wonder if Will is as into Kit as he is to Will

by Anonymousreply 249January 23, 2023 7:04 PM

R225 Timothee's "FUCK" in response is genuinely so funny.

New pic of Kit for Loewe. It might be a waste if he doesn't play a prince at least once in his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250January 23, 2023 7:04 PM

R249 Kit got rejected sadly. Will said he likes to spend most of his time alone.

by Anonymousreply 251January 23, 2023 7:06 PM

Reading some the MCU fans comments saying wait, Joe's cute??? is a bit funny. Just because people use the same couple horrible pictures of him doesn't mean he's not cute 99% of the time. Oh well, I don't think he'll have trouble winning anyone over in the end. They haven't even seen how charming he can be.

by Anonymousreply 252January 23, 2023 7:10 PM

To be fair, Will at least does have that “mentally dating Kit Connor” shirt.

by Anonymousreply 253January 23, 2023 7:10 PM

The people that don’t end up liking Joe are going to be a small, loud minority, just like they are now. Hopefully, by the time Agatha is out everyone’s learned to tune them out instead of giving them oxygen and attention.

by Anonymousreply 254January 23, 2023 7:12 PM

R247 While that is v cute, it (probably immaturely) vaguely irks me that he rarely leave the same kind of complimentary/cheerleading comments on Joe's posts, even though Joe (up until very recently) was thirst/sweet commenting on Kit's stuff all over the place. Kit's heart eyes for Will means that he'll often make a rare social media appearance to comment, lol.

by Anonymousreply 255January 23, 2023 7:13 PM

R255 I think someone mentioned it during all the Joe thirsting that they think it’s probably conscious decision because of the Tik Tok psychos that ship them so much. Respectful to he and Bash (though Joe didn’t seem to give a shit)

by Anonymousreply 256January 23, 2023 7:17 PM

R252 if he throws just one of those cheeky winks of his at a fan who spots the filming I can’t see how they don’t all finally get it (I’ve seen him do it about twice and it has stayed with me)

by Anonymousreply 257January 23, 2023 7:20 PM

R256 That would make sense, but he doesn't seem to care because he'll do things like sway with his arms wrapped around him at a convention, call him darling in front of fans, be flirty with him in interviews. So not sure if he's bothered about that side of things. He's obviously fond of Joe but I have always noticed his slight lack of social media interaction/warmth with him than other costars like Will or Bash. (Not trying to put forward some sort of suggestion that they secretly hate each other.)

by Anonymousreply 258January 23, 2023 7:20 PM

R258 to be fair it’s possible that level of flirting online would draw attention to them in buzzfeed “why Kit and Joe are the real life Nick and Charlie” kind of way. A lot of that irl stuff is only seen by big fans and us

by Anonymousreply 259January 23, 2023 7:25 PM

I'm glad the fans haven't affected them to the point where they become less affectionate with each other in person. I don't really read much into Kit's banter with Will on social media versus his comments about everyone else given that he also didn't go around commenting on Maia stuff (articles, photoshoots) when they were (are?) together. And to be fair, Kit swaying with Joe seemed like something they did automatically without much thought and I think they were told they weren't being recorded when he called Joe darling, so they might not have realized they were being recorded between pictures, especially with it being their first con.

by Anonymousreply 260January 23, 2023 7:28 PM

R256 will say that while as primarily a Joe fan I always want him to get nice comments, the majority of the Kit/Bash/Will thirst comments to each other back and forth have been in the past few months since the show came out, and while I’m sure they do all think the other looks good, it is jokey and tongue in cheek. Given Joe got absolutely hounded and slaughtered over his looks right as the show came out, could be kit doesn’t feel comfortably joking about his looks even if it’s a positive joke thirst comment. Could just be reading into it, but that’s one possibility

by Anonymousreply 261January 23, 2023 7:33 PM

R261 I’m no shipper but I think it’s a given Kit thinks Joe is attractive. They way the interact with each other is how you interact with your hot friends imo. But maybe not strongly his type? Though he does seem to lean towards brunettes!

by Anonymousreply 262January 23, 2023 7:40 PM

R262 I'm not R261 but that's interesting cos I actually get the impression that Kit doesn't find Joe attractive (not to say he finds him ugly). Not much to go on other than the fact that he's made blatant 'you're attractive/hot' type comments on Will and Bash's photos before, but I don't think that he's ever outwardly said anything complimentary about Joe's looks. He once commented the thirst/sweating emoji but that's not quite the same. I find it hard to work out if he just holds back with compliments towards Joe for whatever reason (wanting to avoid shippers, feels weird because of Bash, feels weird because they play a couple on screen etc) or if he's just a genuine person and wouldn't say 'you're hot' etc if he didn't really mean it.

by Anonymousreply 263January 23, 2023 7:45 PM

R262 I got the same vibe, especially when he made the comment about Joe’s jaw.

by Anonymousreply 264January 23, 2023 7:47 PM

I may be in the minority here but thank lords Joe stopped his thirsty comments on Kits insta. Never give your energy to people who don't reciprocate.

by Anonymousreply 265January 23, 2023 7:50 PM

I think it's just they weren't that close before, he's just not Kit's type (though prob finds him attractive) and by the time they got closer fans overanalyze everything. We already know Kit's seen dumb shipping videos of him and Joe too. People kinda exaggerate Joe's thirst comments anyway. For every Ur hot, he's also said things like Kit's not really as tall as an article said he was, etc

by Anonymousreply 266January 23, 2023 7:50 PM

R264 It's debatable but I think he was making that comment about Joe's jaw in the fan art, where it was really exaggerated and Joe had just commented on it too.

by Anonymousreply 267January 23, 2023 7:51 PM

Kit isn’t blind, even if Joe’s not his type I’m sure he finds him objectively attractive and Vice versa. I tend to think it’s a reason beyond him being either a dick or not attracted to Joe that he doesn’t comment that sort of thing, be it shippers, not wanting to Joe about or mention Joe’s looks after the online bullying, or something related

by Anonymousreply 268January 23, 2023 7:56 PM

R265 I agree. Joe’s last one saying Kit was hot was on the GQ article I think and he got crickets. Love Kit but it would have been nice to share some love there and if he didn’t respond to that it was never going to happen. Joe’s clearly got that now and is embracing Bradley’s thirst

by Anonymousreply 269January 23, 2023 7:58 PM

R269 Yeah, agreed. Just to add to my original comment about all this: that's another thing that vaguely irked me - Kit's absolute lack of response to Joe's supportive/sweet comments. It's clear that he's a decent dude so it wouldn't be for any malicious reason, but for Joe to be throwing out compliments all over the place and get nothing in response (even a like) was a shame. I imagine Kit is just more vocal in person.

by Anonymousreply 270January 23, 2023 8:03 PM

You shouldn't take Joe that seriously when he won't even comment to the person he's thirsty IRL for

Though enjoy him blessing Bradley with a comment

by Anonymousreply 271January 23, 2023 8:05 PM

R268 I agree. Basically zero chance Kit is a dick and they genuinely seem to be very close now. I would say in interviews now Kit is more effusive about their friendship than Joe is. Kit is clearly very sensitive to social media comments. I feel like it could have been just one thing that made him uncomfortable commenting on Joe’s posts. He really only gets positive reinforcement from his comments on Will’s stuff

by Anonymousreply 272January 23, 2023 8:07 PM

Some of these comments are starting to feel like the troll that was angry about Bash's Instagram post for Joe's birthday. These aren't transactional relationships, they're actually friends/dating/whatever in person. Kit's physical affection for Joe speaks more than any Instagram comment ever will. Kit also barely comments anymore and has never liked the comments on his stuff. His social media activity around Will is more an outlier than his more recent lack of activity around Joe is.

by Anonymousreply 273January 23, 2023 8:09 PM

R267 I would have to rewatch it to be sure, but from what I remember it was the art triggering Kit’s comment about Joe’s actual jaw?

by Anonymousreply 274January 23, 2023 8:11 PM

R267 I think Joe made a joke about appreciating the artist giving him that jawline, and then kit Sort of laughed and agreed and went “well to be fair joes jawline is impressive”. Sounded like he laughed at Joe’s joke and then wanted to clarify he still thought he had a nice jawline

by Anonymousreply 275January 23, 2023 8:13 PM

The new people like Leila and Bradley are the only ones that are consistent cheerleaders on social media, everyone else is jaded at this point.

by Anonymousreply 276January 23, 2023 8:13 PM

R274 that was absolutely how it looked to me. Joe’s comment was about the picture and then Kit fairly unprompted said something nice about Joe’s jaw. I noted it because I thought it was about the first time Kit had actively said anything about Joe’s looks. Joe immediately deflected back to Kit’s arms lol

by Anonymousreply 277January 23, 2023 8:15 PM

R273 loved Bash’s birthday post to Joe. Very detailed look at his arse

by Anonymousreply 278January 23, 2023 8:19 PM

R277 I was on the fence when I watched it, to be fair, and I think it's open for interpretation - he was looking at the art when he made the comment, not at Joe. But who knows.

by Anonymousreply 279January 23, 2023 8:20 PM

R278 next year it better be a detailed look at his waist or lips. Celebrate his finest features for his birthday

by Anonymousreply 280January 23, 2023 8:26 PM

R250 Interesting that Kit’s been the only one posted in sat portrait form so far. Jonathan Anderson’s been posting Loewe attendees on his Instagram Stories and everyone else has been posted from the show floor.

by Anonymousreply 281January 23, 2023 8:31 PM

R280 can you imagine what Bash’s phone album must look like. 10k photos of Joe pouting

by Anonymousreply 282January 23, 2023 8:47 PM

Bash heard the househusband accusations and said AHT AHT. Jokes aside, this is pretty much what I was expecting, Bash helping Joe settle in and then flying back and forth while Joe works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 23, 2023 8:48 PM

R283 yeah given it seems like Billy is a huge role in the show, it does seem like joes days off will mostly be his weekends. Bash is incredibly devoted for his age (the both are) but if Joe’s on set 12 hours a day and only around weekends, it makes way more sense for Bash to split his time. I’m still holding out he’ll be announced for a play at some point, HTDBW presumably has a release date he’ll be told about, and possibly other auditions and projects as well.

by Anonymousreply 284January 23, 2023 8:52 PM

I think weirdly it makes me like them as a couple even more, I’d find it really odd if a 21 year old played househusband for 4 months, that just smells resentment later down the line

by Anonymousreply 285January 23, 2023 9:08 PM

R285 I agree. It's funny to joke about, but there's no way he'd sit in Atlanta for months. Probably go back in a few weeks if he's able to. Bash is an actor too who wants his own career. I'd be a bit bitter to sit in an apartment for months while my boyfriend filmed a huge life and career changing show.

If I had to guess, Joe didn't actually start filming until the 19th when he did that IG story, so makes sense Bash went home this weekend and missed fashion week in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 286January 23, 2023 9:15 PM

They also both have a lot of money. Bash wears 500 quid tshirts, buying a last minute ticket to atlanta impulsively if he and Joe really miss each other or if Joe finds out semi last minute that he has a light work week is doable. Speaks more to their maturity and actually long term ability to make this work. even if Bash doesn’t currently have other work right this second, there will be times they both have active filming projects in other parts of the world and need to figure it out. I still think he’ll spend a good chunk of time in Atlanta but he’s not fully moved there. Hopefully he stocked underage Joe up on target wine before going home

by Anonymousreply 287January 23, 2023 9:19 PM

London to Atlanta is actually a pretty short flight too. Time difference is also only 5 hours.

Maybe some of the MILFs in the cast can stock Joe up on wine if he runs out

by Anonymousreply 288January 23, 2023 9:36 PM

aside from them being spotted we will know or guess he’s back with joe when he starts following joes castmates on ig

by Anonymousreply 289January 23, 2023 9:38 PM

LFW is from Feb 17-21, I would expect some cast members to pop up there.

by Anonymousreply 290January 23, 2023 10:27 PM

Heartstopper was nominated by the Casting Directors' Guild in the UK. In the US, guild nominations are a bellwether for Emmy nominations, not sure what the BAFTA membership makeup is in the UK so not sure if it works the same way over there.

[bold]Best Casting in a TV Drama Series[/bold]

“Bad Sisters” – Nina Gold & Lucy Amos

“Heartstopper” – Daniel Edwards, Lucy Allen (associate), Tom Payne & Catherine Garlick (assistants)

“House of the Dragon” – Kate Rhodes-James, Gordon Cowell & Gabriella Summer Wolf (associates)

“Sherwood” – Victor Jenkins, Seth Mason (associate), Paushali Banik & Laura Macfadden (assistants)

“Slow Horses” (Season 1) – Nina Gold, Kate Bone (associate)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 23, 2023 10:50 PM

The girl that met Kit on NYE posted the picture and a story time on her TikTok, can't link directly for some reason but her username is heartdi3ries.

tl;dr her boyfriend went to the same school as Kit so they were at the same party, she went out back to smoke and he was outside smoking with another guy, he was "so, so nice" and lit her cigarette for her, she embarrassed herself in front of him by freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 292January 23, 2023 11:58 PM

R291 I think House or the Dragon did a pretty amazing job in casting but you would think Heartstopper would be in the lead here

by Anonymousreply 293January 24, 2023 12:03 AM

R292 Funny story. The boyfriend didn't know who he was. Wonder how Kit ended up at a random friend of a friend's party. Guess it's nice he can just do normal shit like that

And I thought you vaped Kit

by Anonymousreply 294January 24, 2023 12:11 AM

R273 late but speaking of liking comments, it’s so funny to me that bash rarely likes comments on his own pics but likes so many on Joe’s. Liking bradley calling him fit and leila calling him handsome on the Emmy’s post, a lot on his casting and GQ posts as well. He’s eager

by Anonymousreply 295January 24, 2023 12:28 AM

Atlanta filming salty no media wanted to buy their pictures and says nobody cares about this show. People obviously care, but the new pictures aren't anything exciting and the random fan got a better scoop with actual filming and those got a lot more attention

by Anonymousreply 296January 24, 2023 12:34 AM

R296 I missed that, just looked for his comment:

[quote]avide.dave.ceraso: For me is an useless series

[quote]atlanta_filming: @davide.dave.ceraso for me too. Media doesn't care about this at all.

What exactly was he expecting? Kathyrn and the other actors aren't paparazzi-bait types of celebrities and they're not in their superhero costumes.

by Anonymousreply 297January 24, 2023 12:42 AM

Joe has basically no reach outside of entertainment news about Heartstopper and the rest are middle aged women. What kind of attention were they hoping for. They might care more when Aubrey shows up

by Anonymousreply 298January 24, 2023 12:46 AM

To be clear - reach in the USA

by Anonymousreply 299January 24, 2023 12:46 AM

Joe posted Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 24, 2023 1:03 AM

Shoulda took some pics of Bash and Joe at Target. DM might have been bored enough to buy them after Bash was in the news lately for being attacked by their most hated thing, the woke mob

But seriously, HS is barely popular in the US, probably the least popular compared to any other country. And it's a bunch of middle aged ladies. This show will be popular, but it's not a paparazzi magnet

R300 Guess he's off work and bored

by Anonymousreply 301January 24, 2023 1:05 AM

R300 okay then - I guess Will is now object of thirst

by Anonymousreply 302January 24, 2023 1:09 AM

R300 his total lack of subtlety makes me laugh, especially as it’s thirst emojis on Will, “you’re hot” on Kit, and then radio silence on bash. Just comment “fuck me pls” like we know you want to Joe

by Anonymousreply 303January 24, 2023 1:29 AM

Thirsty Joe is the funniest Joe, I wish the fandom wasn’t so prudish and compiled his greatest hits.

by Anonymousreply 304January 24, 2023 2:07 AM

R303 Shh don't tell him he's being obvious by commenting like that to everyone but Bash

I do miss his Bash thirsty comments though

by Anonymousreply 305January 24, 2023 2:16 AM

So very late to the party, I hate when work gets in the way. But re: the Timmy vid I actually think Kit starts to say “I’m about to turn 19” not I’m a baby.

by Anonymousreply 306January 24, 2023 4:56 AM

Cute story with the Kit NYE thing. Smoking is dumb, though - I don’t get why any young person with half a brain cell would choose to take it up nowadays with the health risks so well known. Perhaps he’s just a social smoker - otherwise it adds a whole new layer to the coffee breath joke because fag breath is rank.

by Anonymousreply 307January 24, 2023 7:44 AM

Kit posted his Loewe portrait (and Will liked it and commented on it in less than a minute).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 24, 2023 11:39 AM

Joe is back to thirsting over Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 24, 2023 12:43 PM

A little unoriginal, but nice to see him comment

by Anonymousreply 310January 24, 2023 12:46 PM

He’s bored and horny without Bash there, nice of him to share the love.

by Anonymousreply 311January 24, 2023 1:14 PM

Woo, thirst Joe is back!

by Anonymousreply 312January 24, 2023 1:16 PM

R307 he, Kizzy, Will, and Yaz all smoke at least socially. I’ve seen a few pictures of Bash with cigars randomly but never a cigarette, and none of Joe which oddly tracks.

by Anonymousreply 313January 24, 2023 3:17 PM

There was an IG story at some Harry Lambert thing a couple months back with a pack of cigs in front of Bash, but not sure they were his. I woudln't doubt if he does socially though.

Yaz and Will pretty openly smoke. I think Kit probably tries to hide it obviously though.

by Anonymousreply 314January 24, 2023 3:27 PM

I can only imagine the HS accounts on Twitter have made a whole thing about Kit smoking, I don’t have a twitter account anymore to enjoy it

by Anonymousreply 315January 24, 2023 4:27 PM

I don't follow many HS related people but haven't seen anything yet... not sure the TikTok video has really done the rounds yet.

by Anonymousreply 316January 24, 2023 4:33 PM

Haven't seen the actual complaining but have seen these a lot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 24, 2023 4:52 PM

Do we think Joe or Kit would be part of this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318January 24, 2023 4:55 PM

R318 highly doubt Joe would schedule a con around work, the most likely non agatha things he’d pop up at are maybe NY fashion week or the premiere if HTDBW comes out and had a premiere while he’s filming. And even those aren’t certain. Kit didn’t seem to hate the last con so maybe? Some combo of the supporting cast seems more likely.

R317 literally no one cares that Kit smokes, as per usual fans have decided he’s being shat upon or oppressed for some reason and are tweeting defensively

by Anonymousreply 319January 24, 2023 5:05 PM

R318 I doubt it. That con seems pretty low tier

by Anonymousreply 320January 24, 2023 5:07 PM

They’re very careful to say “cast members” not “main cast member” like Love Victor, that’s definitely not accidental

by Anonymousreply 321January 24, 2023 5:13 PM

Their big get so far is Bradley. I'd guess they are trying to get some of the lesser known actors from the cast. Tobie, Cori and Bradley woudln't be bad. those three seem close

R317 As usual nobody said anything, at most someone probably said smoking is gross and then they went on a tangent about how he's an adult and don't judge him because he can do what he wants (other than date a 22 year old)

by Anonymousreply 322January 24, 2023 5:33 PM

R 318 Kit would maybe do it with Joe, or Bash, or Will but I can’t imagine him wanting to do it with the newbies. Leaning towards no.

by Anonymousreply 323January 24, 2023 5:48 PM

Sorry for asking this but I having only been skimming these threads the last couple days. What smoking thing are you guys talking about? Is there a video or something or are you just discussing old videos of Kit vaping?

by Anonymousreply 324January 24, 2023 7:21 PM

R324 See R292

Some girl met him on NYE and he was outside smoking and lit her cig for her. Nobody is saying anything at all, but of course fans care more about the hate they imagine Kit gets than the actual hate Joe and Bash get

by Anonymousreply 325January 24, 2023 7:26 PM

R325 makes sense, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 326January 24, 2023 7:27 PM

R325 Asking this genuinely - when you say 'nobody is saying anything at all', what are you basing that on? Is it a general assumption or have you actually had a proper look on Twitter? I'm sure at least something has been said, even if it isn't especially widespread.

by Anonymousreply 327January 24, 2023 7:36 PM

R327 Randomly look up 'Kit smoking' and see if you find any outage he smoked. At most I saw one comment saying it was gross. While his fans are randomly saying how hot it is now.

by Anonymousreply 328January 24, 2023 7:45 PM

R327 how hot it is? Their poor baby lungs. Kit’s commitment to his body even more remarkable - I always admire smokers who go to the gym regularly- that used to kill me

by Anonymousreply 329January 24, 2023 7:59 PM

Some of you need to free yourselves from giving a fuck about what losers on Twitter are or aren't doing.

by Anonymousreply 330January 24, 2023 8:28 PM

R327 I searched on twitter after reading on here and found one reply saying “I wish he didn’t” apart from that just scores of overwrought fan girls swearing they will defend their poor baby with their lives and endlessly talking to each other about how upset people are and how much drama it will create.

On twitter at least no one that I can find gives a shit and the only drama is in their own heads.

As some have said a stark contrast to a lot of the same accounts dismissing the constant really vicious and really real hate that Joe gets and telling those challenging it to get over it.

The more I see if it the more it irritates me. I know they have all had a hard time on social media but apart from the queerbaiting accusations which still occasionally bubble up (I am not minimising them) I have yet to see any personal hate directed at Kit certainly none from the fandom. It is a good thing that at least one of them is being spared but sometimes I wonder if what he hates the most is the constant vapid babying and idolisation which is insane pressure in itself while his closest friends are being continually torn apart by the same people who claim to love him

by Anonymousreply 331January 24, 2023 8:38 PM

R330 I know. It’s a sickness, I just can’t look away!

R331 I live in small hope that it some how got back to Joe that there was a whole little corner of the internet that spent 400 posts and several hours thirsting over his lips and waist (and all his other parts if we’re all honest). I know it’s a zero chance but nice to think he has some knowledge that outside Twitter the internet isn’t a totally dark place for him

by Anonymousreply 332January 24, 2023 8:46 PM

R339 Agree. It’s a handful of people on a single social media site that are weird about Kit/Joe/Bash at this point. Their Instagram comments are positive, this place is generally positive, Reddit is generally positive, and so on. Also, a reminder that all of these people on there fighting about who gets it worse or better, who should be saying and doing what, who is an antisemite, who is a queerbaiter, who is transphobic, etc. are a bunch of teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 333January 24, 2023 8:54 PM

Meant to reply to r330, I misplaced my glasses.

by Anonymousreply 334January 24, 2023 8:55 PM

R330 You are right it’s when we start getting posts here about another twitter drama I can’t help myself I go and see what’s happening it’s the compulsion of a freak show. I always end up giving it more time and thought then it deserves and regretting another depressing insight into a really unpleasant aspect of human psychology. And this one wasn’t even dramatic just annoying

by Anonymousreply 335January 24, 2023 8:58 PM

I only saw this shit looking up Joe yesterday for the Agatha pics and he was getting homophobic bullying (though saying a gay man sucks his boyfriend's dick is not a good insult honestly? step it up a bit. ) and death threats and the fan who called it out actually ended up being shit on for being too negative and triggering other fans. Today the same fans defended Kit from their immigration like they are getting paid. Not exactly sure why HS fans hate actual gay men, but it's a bit fascinating.

Anyway, don't smoke Kit. White European men hit a wall quickly and we don't want to make it worse.

by Anonymousreply 336January 24, 2023 9:00 PM

R336 the curious case of the queer show with the homophobic fans

by Anonymousreply 337January 24, 2023 9:03 PM

In Maia and Kit watch and let's make assumptions from nothing she did like his latest IG post. They aren't mortal enemies at least

by Anonymousreply 338January 24, 2023 9:05 PM

R338 speaking my language. I saw that too. Tried not to care - and then 15 minutes trying to guess if it was just an online cooling off or if Kit would join her in LA (she posted a story from there yesterday). Good use of my time ah

by Anonymousreply 339January 24, 2023 9:08 PM

No reaction from Bash though, maybe he’s been told to take a social media break for a bit

by Anonymousreply 340January 24, 2023 9:11 PM

With the caveat that I don't know any of these people, yadda yadda yadda, both of them strike me like the type of people who avoid bad breakups (in the general sense and in this specific situation because they'll have to do press together down the line). Maia's ex-boyfriend before Kit still follows her and comments on her stuff so it doesn't seem like a bad break, and in Kit's situation all of the drama was and continues to be on Sof's end.

by Anonymousreply 341January 24, 2023 9:11 PM

R339 If they're still whatever they were and he ends up seeing her I imagine it'll be like when he went to Argentina, that he was nearby and swung by or like when Maia was in Spain with her family, where she was nearby and swung over to Paris. They don't seem to prioritize traveling to see each other specifically. Kit is still in London right now, at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 24, 2023 9:15 PM

R340 Don't think it's that. He liked Will's post just fine and the one before from Kit and liked some other fashion week things this weekend.

And I was sure he was in London, because obviously, but that IG story from Nell was suspiciously old for various reasons

by Anonymousreply 343January 24, 2023 9:15 PM

In more Joe observations, it’s interesting how many of the reply’s on his Insta comment to Kit seem a bit shocked by it. Not the bulk but definitely noticeable. He is so infantilised by the fans. Such a shame he didn’t have a slut era - it would be hilarious to watch them have breakdowns because he’s not actually “a little squish” or an angel

by Anonymousreply 344January 24, 2023 9:37 PM

He's a 19 year old man. That comment was pretty tame and his normal emote spam. Not sure what was shocking about it even for the puritans

by Anonymousreply 345January 24, 2023 9:43 PM

R345 If his and bash’s texts or snapchats ever leaked (or most of the cast’s to be fair) the shocked fans would pass away on the spot. They’re making out in front of Joe’s mum and playing grab ass in front of bash’s, a few jokey thirst tweets on mutual friends’ photos is nothing in comparison.

R343 I still think bash is in London. He followed a random songwriter the day she posted hanging out with Maisie Peters and I have to imagine that was the connection. Watch him be spotted in an atlanta cafe tomorrow, but until then I’m presuming London.

Re the Twitter stuff: I think keep most of it off but it is probably hard for the teenage Joe fans to see how much more loved Kit is. It is shitty but the flip side is it’s probably not thrilling for kit that he’s so idolized and babied by the world’s most annoying fan base, and also Joe did the right thing and removed himself from Twitter so he can’t see the discrepancy or other hate. If he hadn’t lined up marvel I’d honestly feel a lot worse for him because this would be his only main fanbase and it would suck, but now even the people who originally were pissed and calling him ugly in marvel replied to the latest pics more positively. They’re realizing he’s actually hot and once he does a good job in the show he’ll have a built in much larger fanbase. And one less histrionic about perceived faults

by Anonymousreply 346January 24, 2023 10:17 PM

I made the mistake of looking at what the issue is now for context, and it's actually more idiotic than I was expecting. A supposed Joe stan keeps publishing absolutely vile comments about Joe on their Curious Cat and they're angry that people aren't arguing against anonymous comments? Who are people supposed to go after? Don't fucking publish them! Those are comments no one would make from their account, and this twerp decides to publish them all and give whatever troll asshole is writing them exactly what they want. The pathological need for attention and drama that these teenagers have makes them act like complete morons. It's hard for me to imagine that they actually care about Joe, especially when Joe already gets a ton of hate without someone adding to it and publishing all of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 347January 24, 2023 10:43 PM

Hot hug dude from the Loewe show commented hearts on Kit’s most recent post. Unlikely since he lives in Paris, but that would not be a terrible rebound.

by Anonymousreply 348January 24, 2023 10:54 PM

Agreed r348, let’s start the rumors now and make it happen. Also if people thought 22 was rocking the cradle, would love to see the outrage over Kit dating an even older man.

by Anonymousreply 349January 24, 2023 11:13 PM

I wonder what Kit’s type in men is. Going off of Sof and Maia he seems to have a type in women.

by Anonymousreply 350January 24, 2023 11:36 PM

R350 definitely has a type for women. He followed some friend of Bash’s right after his party and she looked like a combo of Maia and Sof, and at the time I did wonder if he had a hook up that night… sadly no further interactions to speculate on I don’t think. Hot hug guy would be a much better story anyway

by Anonymousreply 351January 24, 2023 11:45 PM

Kit seems to follow everyone he has a conversation with. That being said, that will not stop me from baselessly speculating about Loewe guy.

by Anonymousreply 352January 24, 2023 11:55 PM

So looks like Maia is going to be on another podcast talking about relationships, lol get that exposure girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 25, 2023 2:58 AM

R353 Not sure when that was recorded but those snippets make it sound like things are over

by Anonymousreply 354January 25, 2023 3:28 AM

Guessing in the last couple of days, assuming this happened in LA. Agree that it sounds like it’s over (from the clips at least, especially the bit about her relationships not lasting). Also realizing that this is the first time I’m hearing her speak English, I think? I didn’t watch Do Revenge or PLL.

by Anonymousreply 355January 25, 2023 4:12 AM

It was uploaded 5 days ago, and is almost an hour long. Someone want to bite the bullet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 25, 2023 4:13 AM

I'm a couple of minutes in and she mentions she's in LA for reshoots for a Netflix movie. Either this is super old and it was for Do Revenge or she accidentally spoiled that the Cuban Girl's Guide is for Netflix. Will see how long I last listening to this.

by Anonymousreply 357January 25, 2023 4:17 AM

R355 seems unlikely that it’s more than 6 months old, right? Seems like the movie is Netflix. Good for them. Now we can all easily enjoy Kit’s unkempt facial hair and terrible hair (I’m sorry but all the set photos that hair looks ridiculous)

by Anonymousreply 358January 25, 2023 4:23 AM

Sorry that was for R357

by Anonymousreply 359January 25, 2023 4:25 AM

i’ll bite the bullet

by Anonymousreply 360January 25, 2023 4:30 AM

The personal life stuff starts about 13 minutes in. Talks about how playing partners makes it all very iffy and makes it hard to separate reality with fiction. She does say that happened when she was younger so not necessarily about Kit? I don't know her filmography, not sure if she's dated co-stars before. Okay, now I'm not sure about when this was recorded or if she's not being completely truthful, she says that regarding the last co-star she played bf/gf with, they're great friends and things didn't get weird. Unless she means they didn't get weird after they ended it? I don't know why I'm basically live blogging this. Let me know how you interpret it, R360.

by Anonymousreply 361January 25, 2023 4:32 AM

R361 you’re doing gods work, truly

by Anonymousreply 362January 25, 2023 4:37 AM

I haven’t gotten to the personal stuff yet but i don’t think this was recorded recently. If she said she just wrapped unless she has another project that she was filming, i thought she was in Argentina during the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 363January 25, 2023 4:40 AM

"For example, the last movie I did was Do Revenge..."

I googled where Do Revenge was shot and it was Atlanta and Miami, not LA? Guess I'll keep listening but now I'm leaning to this being older, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 364January 25, 2023 4:49 AM

Confirmed old, she says she's 21 and she turned 22 in July.

by Anonymousreply 365January 25, 2023 4:53 AM

R365 Bravo. How weird to wait so long to release it… when did a Cuban Girl’s Guide start filming

by Anonymousreply 366January 25, 2023 5:00 AM

Her last relationship was open and they weren't monogamous. I don't think any of us were reading into her thing with Kit sounding open if this is how she's rolled before.

by Anonymousreply 367January 25, 2023 5:00 AM

Wasn’t she pashing one of the female crew in a wrap party video? As she’s bi I figured it wasn’t just cutsie straight girl shit, that’s making out with someone who isn’t Kit. I just assumed they were open… tho gotta say I didn’t really see him dating around at the same time. Just doesn’t seem the type really

by Anonymousreply 368January 25, 2023 5:05 AM

R366 I think in August? Not 100% sure, but Maia was still shooting scenes on October 18 so that's around when they wrapped.

by Anonymousreply 369January 25, 2023 5:07 AM

I finished. That's an hour I'll never get back. 36:55 is where she starts talking about long-distance relationships, 39:00 is where she starts talking about her last relationship, 41:40 when she mentions it being open if anyone's curious so you don't have to sit through the whole thing.

She also mentions that her 3 year relationship before this recent one (that was a year long) was also open.

by Anonymousreply 370January 25, 2023 5:15 AM

Sounds like open relationships are her default. It would especially make sense with Kit, given that he’s on another continent and 18.

by Anonymousreply 371January 25, 2023 5:18 AM

R370 that’s really generous of you. I couldn’t get through the first 10 minutes

by Anonymousreply 372January 25, 2023 5:22 AM

She just tweeted - it’s from a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 373January 25, 2023 5:23 AM

She’s basically telling people not to read into the things she says, too late.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374January 25, 2023 5:25 AM

R374 bit defensive isn’t she. Maybe they are still a thing

by Anonymousreply 375January 25, 2023 5:28 AM

R374

yeah too late for that. I lowkey just wanted gossip and the follow up tweet just has me wondering 👀

by Anonymousreply 376January 25, 2023 5:29 AM

I'm guessing she just means to not apply anything she says to Kit (including the stuff about her last boyfriend overlapping another girl with her) because she hadn't met him yet.

by Anonymousreply 377January 25, 2023 5:30 AM

As much as she tried to be generous about her last boyfriend he still sounded like he was a douche towards the end. I wouldn’t blame her wanting to prevent that narrative being applied to Kit whether they’re a thing or not.

by Anonymousreply 378January 25, 2023 5:32 AM

I feel like now I actually need context - because yeah, implying her last boyfriend had another girl on the go would be enough to throw the Kit fans into overdrive attacking her if they thought she meant him

by Anonymousreply 379January 25, 2023 5:33 AM

R379 Start listening about 41 minutes into the interview.

by Anonymousreply 380January 25, 2023 5:34 AM

Bored so I’m looking at numbers.

Joe’s gained 32,520 followers on Instagram in the last 30 days, is 15,369 followers away from 3.6 million.

Kit’s gained 23,670 in the last 30 days, is 24,123 away from 4.9 million.

If you want the numbers on any other cast member, let me know.

by Anonymousreply 381January 25, 2023 5:51 AM

I’d be interested to see if Bash’s followers have gone up/down in the last month, if there’s actually been any real impact for him follower wise

by Anonymousreply 382January 25, 2023 6:09 AM

Bash has gained 11,040 overall in the last 30 days, he’s 26,646 away from 3 million. More specifically, here are the relevant numbers per day. His role in the HP game was announced on the 11th, his apology was on the 14th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383January 25, 2023 6:18 AM

Lost quite a lot the last week, although that might have been roughly the 1000 that followed him after it happened hoping for the gossip then unfollowed when he didn’t rise to it

by Anonymousreply 384January 25, 2023 6:24 AM

*2 million, sorry about the typo.

by Anonymousreply 385January 25, 2023 6:24 AM

Again old but since were in a semi drought. I mentioned last thread that Joe’s flirtiness is extremely attractive and referenced a pic; this is the pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 25, 2023 8:53 AM

Is that from the vlog? Because that is some serious flirting with the camera

by Anonymousreply 387January 25, 2023 9:41 AM

R387 I think it’s from one of his makeup artist’s time lapse videos but I’m not certain.

by Anonymousreply 388January 25, 2023 9:52 AM

I think he’s showing his sunburn, don’t think it’s quite as suggestive as it looks

by Anonymousreply 389January 25, 2023 10:24 AM

I know it’s been a while, but what do we think the likelihood is of the October release being correct? I’d be surprised if Lorraine (daytime talk show) had the exclusive and was actually allowed to reveal it. It was probably just a prediction?

by Anonymousreply 390January 25, 2023 10:54 AM

I want to say no on the October date, I have a feeling they’ll be shooting S3 by then and I can’t imagine them halting production for promotion.

by Anonymousreply 391January 25, 2023 12:32 PM

My theory/hope was around June time, as Joe will be done filming and it ties in with Pride month. It’ll be quite disappointing having to wait until October, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 392January 25, 2023 12:46 PM

When does the window end for Family Emmys eligibility? My guess is they’re going to time it to coincide with that again, so if October would miss the cutoff it’ll be before then

by Anonymousreply 393January 25, 2023 12:51 PM

It’d be good to release in time for the NTAs too, even if their chances are slim. I think fans will pull out all the stops next time, and vote with VPNs - the only issue will be if they don’t keep schtum about it and end up getting them disqualified from the category or something.

by Anonymousreply 394January 25, 2023 12:54 PM

R393 May 31 is the end of the eligibility window.

by Anonymousreply 395January 25, 2023 1:13 PM

R394 I highly doubt they’ll make the NTA cut off this year. Not sure when it is but last year the long list was announced a month after the show came out, so it seems they only just made it last year. Even if they did make it the categories will be very tough and they won’t stand a change against the likes of Happy Valley.

by Anonymousreply 396January 25, 2023 1:28 PM

I thought S2 would come out in the spring. That original article that mentioned when filming started said it would. October seems a bit late to me.

And Maia really needs to stop talking about her personal life in detail. Nobody needs to know about her relationships. I get it's old, but she would do well to not mention it again in the future unless she wants a bunch of people to overanalyze everything she says

by Anonymousreply 397January 25, 2023 2:10 PM

These kinda shows seem to have a 5-6 month turn around on post-filming production. Reasonably straight forward & uncomplicated. I recon summer, like June time maybe. Pride month would probably make sense.

by Anonymousreply 398January 25, 2023 2:55 PM

I remember reading somewhere Alice handed over HS 1 to Netflix completely in Dec 21, so around 6 months after they wrapped, it was then released 4 months later, although I suspect the whole process will be a lot quicker this time

by Anonymousreply 399January 25, 2023 3:03 PM

I think that anything April through October is possible from what we know of their work schedules and presumed filming for Series 3 June seems the most likely but it’s just guesswork at this stage.

I don’t think NTA cut offs will bother them the chances of overturning the middle aged soap based electorate for that are next to zero

by Anonymousreply 400January 25, 2023 5:36 PM

Voting for the Queerties is out, they spread everyone out in the categories from what I can tell. Yaz in Badass, Kit in Closet Door Buster, Joe in TV Performance, the show in TV Comedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401January 25, 2023 5:37 PM

I have a feeling they’re not going to win between being up against people with bigger fanbases (Joe against Emma D’Arcy and Kit against Noah Schnapp) and the Heartstopper fanbase being useless.

by Anonymousreply 402January 25, 2023 5:43 PM

As a Kit fan, I already know the Twitter princesses are going to be too busy posturing and throwing a fit over the category he's in to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 403January 25, 2023 6:04 PM

R403 Already happening, look at the quote tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404January 25, 2023 6:07 PM

It’s pretty awful that two of the people in the Closet Door category were forced to out themselves (Rebel and Kit). I’m glad the importance of their journeys are being recognised but it’s hard to believe we’re still putting up with this shit

by Anonymousreply 405January 25, 2023 6:07 PM

R403 I don't totally disagree with them on this occasion - it's hardly something he's gonna want to win an award for.

by Anonymousreply 406January 25, 2023 6:14 PM

Queerty is pretty bottom of the barrel. For once i am on twts side. Kit & Rebel shouldn’t be up for this award imo.

by Anonymousreply 407January 25, 2023 6:20 PM

R395 It'll be out by the end of May, then. Netflix aren't going to let it lose momentum by allowing 2 years to pass in between ceremonies.

R406 Agree to disagree, I guess. I'm just tired of Kit's sexuality being reduced to that one tweet. I don't think he's going to win anyway so it's a moot point.

by Anonymousreply 408January 25, 2023 6:25 PM

R408 I'd be very surprised (but pleased!) if it's released before the end of May - unless they've specifically arranged Joe's Marvel schedule to finish early, he'll still be filming then, so won't be able to do promo. With the amount of promo they did for season 1, I highly doubt they'll want to do promo without Joe for season 2.

Also, I know it's the Emmys but it's the family Emmys with way less coverage - are Netflix going to be so desperate to be nominated that they'll release the show early?

by Anonymousreply 409January 25, 2023 6:31 PM

I agree that it feels uncomfortable that two individuals who felt forced to out themselves are nominated I am really not sure either of them would want to celebrate it.

I also suspect from what I have seen of the online fanbase they will boycott voting for Joe en masse out of spite because Kit isn’t nominated and because they are generally homophobes who dislike him. They will get behind Yaz to some extent but she really isn’t known enough beyond Heartstopper to have much of a chance. So it’s just the show itself that might be in with a shout but I really don’t know enough about these awards to call if it is a realistic one

by Anonymousreply 410January 25, 2023 6:32 PM

I mean, an Emmy is an Emmy, and generally they don’t fare well at award shows (with some exceptions), so to do well at one of the ceremonies is probably a big boost for them

by Anonymousreply 411January 25, 2023 6:34 PM

R409 A lot of awards follow the Primetime Emmy eligibility window, which is the same as the Children's and Family window, so I think they'll want to get it out by then. The CAFE are also where they do best, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's something they have in mind when figuring out the release date.

The Marvel schedule is something I'm not too worried about, mostly because we don't know enough. He might be done by the beginning of May, which would free him up by the end for promo, he might not be needed the entire time, they might have an agreement with Netflix already and could frontload his scenes, they might let him go and have him come back during the reshoots/pickup window and finish up then (which they did with Emilia Clarke for Secret Invasion), and so on.

by Anonymousreply 412January 25, 2023 6:44 PM

I need them to release it by the end of May so the show doesn’t lose momentum right before Joe’s best chance at an Emmy win. The ideal scenario here is that both leads finish up the show with a win.

by Anonymousreply 413January 25, 2023 6:46 PM

Tobie posted a photoshoot and Kit commented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 25, 2023 6:48 PM

Saying this lightheartedly, but we can add Tobie to the list of people Kit will leave a complimentary/flirty comment to on social media, but not poor Joe. I just know that Kit would never comment 'beauty <3' on a pic of Joe. I know it isn't for any sinister reason, but I do wonder why!

by Anonymousreply 415January 25, 2023 6:59 PM

Because Joe is the only one he'd actually fuck, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 416January 25, 2023 7:01 PM

Wills comment on Tobie's insta. They are all unhinged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 25, 2023 7:08 PM

R416 Come now don’t make Will jealous…

Seriously I imagine it would draw a nauseating mixture of shipping goo and Joe hate comments best to avoid giving them the opportunity

by Anonymousreply 418January 25, 2023 7:11 PM

Feige needs to give Joe a break so that he can join the mess.

by Anonymousreply 419January 25, 2023 7:12 PM

R418 Will saw the writing on the wall and moved on to Tobie, he'll be okay.

by Anonymousreply 420January 25, 2023 7:13 PM

R418 But Joe has been thirst commenting on Kit's stuff for months and the world didn't end, haha. Sure, they might get some replies minorly freaking out, but he obviously doesn't care as he's still thirst commenting. It's strange how Kit just... doesn't. Maybe it is just more awkward for him because they've sucked face.

by Anonymousreply 421January 25, 2023 7:14 PM

R415 honestly, and I hope this isn’t vicious to Tobie who I don’t think it bad looking, that comment dispels to me any lingering thought that maybe Kit hasn’t commented on Joe’s stuff similarly due to lack of attraction as has been floated. Unless his type is “hates hot twinks”, doubt he’s more attracted to Tobie than Joe. To me the most likely reasoning is either doesn’t want to encourage shippers or doesn’t want to be lighthearted and jokey about joes looks, even in a positive way.

by Anonymousreply 422January 25, 2023 7:15 PM

R422 I think it’s okay to admit that Tobie isn’t in the same league as Joe. At all.

It seems a mystery we won’t solve. Kit will thirst over many other cast members stuff but not Joe’s. Doesn’t seem to be any indication of their closeness… but sadly we miss a bit more fun interacting. I don’t think it’s about comments about Joe’s looks - Insta is mostly positive about him

by Anonymousreply 423January 25, 2023 7:25 PM

Regarding the release date and need for Joe to be involved in promotion, I highly doubt he’s going to be filming every single day for five months. He’ll have some days off when they film scenes he isn’t in. If he knows when he’s going to be needed for promotion ahead of time, he could have coordinated his schedule with Marvel. Aubrey Plaza obviously got approval ahead of time to host SNL and they didn’t film any scenes with her last week.

I also expect Netflix to try and promote Heartstopper more heavily in the US for s2. If Joe is already in the US filming for ACOC, having him do some US based media appearances would be easier. Honestly. I feel like an April release makes the most sense. Joe can multitask. He’s a professional actor, this is what they do.

by Anonymousreply 424January 25, 2023 8:13 PM

R424 It's true, I suppose. He'll be exhausted but it should be doable. And in terms of US promotion.... puppies interview? There were certainly hints that they were going to try and make that happen.

by Anonymousreply 425January 25, 2023 8:27 PM

I would guess Netflix will also book them for a late night show, similarly to how they did with the Young Royals leads.

R424 Aubrey Plaza is probably the best example, as you said they gave her the time for SNL, but they’re also working around her Megalopolis schedule.

by Anonymousreply 426January 25, 2023 8:56 PM

R424 I actually wonder if she has started filming / will be needed for the whole thing. I’m pretty sure her blonde hair is for Megalopolis. Marvel loves a dry arse wig (poor Brie Larson) but regardless that’s a lot of work for someone with dark hair

by Anonymousreply 427January 25, 2023 9:13 PM

R427 she just followed Ali Ahn, so pretty sure she’s there and filming.

In related, guessable news, Joe is definitely doing an American accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 25, 2023 9:34 PM

R428 cute. hopefully she has the blonde hair and not a shitty wig.

by Anonymousreply 429January 25, 2023 10:12 PM

I was reading an article on how class privilege affects the UK acting field and got a Bash jump scare, he’s name-dropped in it:

[quote]A private education can certainly be advantageous for an actor, as the sheer number of them suggests. […] Newly crowned A-lister Florence Pugh, Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke and Sebastian Croft, and Skins’ Sebastian de Souza of Skins studied at St Edward’s Oxford, known as “Teddies” – as did, historically, Sir Laurence Olivier.

The article is overall interesting and really drives in what an anomaly Joe is, apparently only 8% of actors/musicians/writers in the UK are from a working class background. And Benedict Cumberbatch sounds like a huge twat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 26, 2023 3:48 AM

R430 interesting read. It’s why it’s interesting to me that the HS audience on Twitter reduces things to racial privilege often or deems Bash the only nepo baby due to 1800s relatives. None of the cast are “true” nepo babies, but Bash and Kit to the largest extent and then Will and apparently Kizzy to the next extent definitely benefited from class based / some nepotism privilege. All four went to pricey private schools and had nice houses and parents with good jobs. Bash’s family is next level wealthy; Kit’s mum works in casting and making adverts, where he got his start. All four got the best drama lessons and experience. Theyre all pretty talented and to be fair, being in London or around it is a leg up unrelated to class that all four had, bud the difference between them and someone like Joe who was in local cheap drama schools and plays or Yaz who was in school drama projects is huge.

On Twitter it’s often reduced down to “Joe is white and thus more privileged than will” (the main comparison I’ve seen), but while being Asian undoubtedly makes acting harder, Will having a rich family, the best music and acting lessons, being tall and “straight attractive”, and being straight passing or straight (don’t know his sexuality) almost certainly more than balances out any advantage openly gay, 5’9 Isle of Man twink Joe has.

by Anonymousreply 431January 26, 2023 4:34 AM

I didn’t notice Kit Harrington or his wife mentioned… both of their Wikipedia pages are the most ridiculous things I have ever read. They are really next level privilege

by Anonymousreply 432January 26, 2023 4:55 AM

R431 Kit's mom didn't work in casting, fairly certain she worked at a big agency as a producer until Kit's older brother was born and then freelanced. I can't say I fully agree with your last paragraph. While Will had advantages to help get his foot in the door, there will never be the amount of parts available to Will that there are to Joe, full stop. It's smart of him to not put all of his eggs in one basket and branch out into music.

R432 That explains the whole Kit Harrington thing. I saw him in War Horse and in Game of Thrones and found him extremely bland in both. I'd be fine if his character never pops up again in the MCU.

by Anonymousreply 433January 26, 2023 5:17 AM

[quote]Other interviews with privately educated or otherwise privileged actors have centred the challenges they had to overcome to succeed: Emily Blunt’s childhood stutter, Will Poulter’s struggle with dyslexia and dyspraxia, Pattinson’s troubles with bullies. These are all potentially traumatic experiences, especially in childhood, and all suffering is relative; but the emphasis on them points to an awareness of the need for an origin story more interesting than knowing the right people, a desire to prove the part they played in their own success.

Didn't notice this as a trend and I have a feeling it's going to be the first thing I notice from now on. Has anyone in the cast done this?

by Anonymousreply 434January 26, 2023 5:18 AM

R431 What’s Kizzy’s background?

R434 I think Bash has dyslexia and was bullied in school? But I learned that on here, I’m not sure if those things were mentioned in interviews or if people figured them out by sleuthing.

by Anonymousreply 435January 26, 2023 5:21 AM

I think it’s worth noting that Joe is not straight passing so comparisons to Will are sort of moot. Both will have parts that are just not available to them - the bulk of available roles. Which as sexuality and race have little to do with plenty of roles is fucked

by Anonymousreply 436January 26, 2023 5:27 AM

R433 I don’t want to post her LinkedIn as that seems invasive but she is involved with making commercials. Either way my point wasn’t to say Kit is some Maya Hawke level nepo baby, it’s to distinguish him and Bash a little more from Will and Kizzy as the former two have a bigger advantage than just being upper class. As I said no insult to any of them, I think they’re all decent to very good with Kit being the strongest.

Re will: we can agree to disagree here. I don’t think there are per se MORE roles available to Will, I just don’t think there are fewer. And again, as I very clearly said, this is a response to Twitter insisting it can be simplified down to “race=the biggest and only factor”. Being white definitely helps - An Asian actor in Joe’s position would have an even more minuscule chance of making it. But acting like an openly gay, not wealthy kid from a semi remote island (not an easy commute to auditions) is so much more advantaged than Will is a little odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 437January 26, 2023 5:33 AM

R433 best bit of the Eternals flopping is that it seemed like it possibly shut his stuff down

by Anonymousreply 438January 26, 2023 5:39 AM

R436 The Noah erasure!

R437 Oh, I didn't take your comment as a Maya Hawke-level claim of nepotism, it just wasn't accurate to what I had heard before. I did double-check and Google around after I posted my comment, everything I elaborated on (his mom's work not being in casting, her leaving her agency when she had whoever Kit's oldest sibling is) was from her LinkedIn, so I guess that's where that information was from.

R438 I can't believe he's getting a GoT sequel series? Him? Out of that entire cast? HIM?

by Anonymousreply 439January 26, 2023 5:44 AM

R439 lol I live in a different hemisphere so didn’t get to the Trails… I didn’t realise the character was specifically straight

I can’t think of a single reason anyone would want a show about Jon Snow

by Anonymousreply 440January 26, 2023 5:52 AM

R434 You know damn well Bash is both dyslexic and was bullied and has spoken about both in interviews.

There is a very valid conversation to be had around representation and class in the Arts in the UK but a transparent and cynical attempt to stir up the nepo baby and white privilege twitter hate angle on Bash here by simultaneously posting across both related threads is not it. It is demeaning to the seriousness and complexity of the issue whilst exposing a very personal and determined grudge.

We get it Bash is loaded, so are Kit, Will and Kizzy along with most other UK actors all from a similar class of wealth that enabled them to access a lot more opportunities than Joe and Yaz would ever have had. There are many structural reasons for this and it is not the fault of individual young actors who have benefited from an accident if birth.

A genuine desire for a serious conversation would warrant a separate thread and broad discussion. It would not involve the duplicitous singling out of one young gay actor yet again on top of months of targeted smears and harassment across social media.

If your only interest is to weaponise a subject to attack an individual albeit in a very sly way take it back to twitter where I’m sure you will find plenty gullible enough to fall for your duplicitous bait

by Anonymousreply 441January 26, 2023 6:01 AM

R441 As has been mentioned here before, some of you would be better off not being on Twitter when you start seeing the worst in every comment. Anyway, I haven't posted in Bash's thread since last Tuesday, good luck with the paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 442January 26, 2023 6:26 AM

R441 I’ll bite. We moved on from Bash to Will and Joe, and Kit fucking Harrington. I don’t spend time on the Bash thread but I just checked and this article isn’t here. This thread loves Bash and Joe, take a breath

by Anonymousreply 443January 26, 2023 6:29 AM

The girl that posted about meeting Kit deleted the TikToks, I feel really bad for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444January 26, 2023 6:33 AM

Also, I can’t stop laughing at Kit Harrington’s “Early Life” section on Wikipedia including a coat of arms. That is some next-level nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 445January 26, 2023 6:38 AM

R445 greatest, most oblivious Wikipedia I’ve ever read. What a dick

by Anonymousreply 446January 26, 2023 6:52 AM

For me, the reason rich kids have more of a chance is not class, connections, race etc but simply, they can afford to take the risk. Becoming a paid actor or musician isn’t easy. It takes a lot of rejection & long periods of time not employed & not earning. Those with wealthy families can afford to do that. They’ve got nice family homes to live in while they are not earning. They’ve got mummy & daddy to fall back on. They don’t need to worry how they’ll afford their next meal. So they can keep at it. They can focus solely on their dream of acting or singing while continuing to live a comfortable life. Meanwhile, normal kids have get shit jobs, sometimes two of them. They have to support themselves & live in shitty flats shares & life is just that bit more exhausting. And for many, I imagine the risk & shit quality of life just isn’t worth it & they quit.

by Anonymousreply 447January 26, 2023 10:04 AM

R447 I agree but I also think the child actor thing is a part of it. Parents who can afford to take you or have a nanny take you to auditions without then being dependent on your earnings, which then also allows you to build up a resume and body of work so you can outcompete the working class actors who move with no experience at 18. Even things like knowing terms on set, working in front of a camera, etc. that Joe said he had to learn fast or ask kit about.

Also re wealth and child acting, Part of the reason bash and kit seem so down to earth and sweet is their families do seem very caring and supportive. I think if either didn’t want to act their respective parents would support it and would’ve let them drop it; the poorer or working class kids who get into child acting feel more pressure to stick with it as their parents are actively sacrificing to take them to auditions and jobs.

by Anonymousreply 448January 26, 2023 11:42 AM

R447 Location is also critically important and unless your parents already live there or can afford to bankroll you no young person can afford to live in or within an easy commute if London.

Overall it shows the value of genuinely open casting calls at unearthing talent that wouldn’t otherwise have a chance. The balance in the Heartstopper main cast demonstrates privileged backgrounds will always be favoured but let’s be real Joe would not have had a realistic shot at an acting career without it and he is an exceptional talent. It is also true that class and wealth in the UK at least is more significant to life prospects then factors like race or sexuality. All have an impact but wealth, connections, education and location are the most critical. From what I know of the main cast backgrounds both Joe and Yaz came from the position of least privilege.

It is only a drop in the ocean but it does seem one important route that should be utilised by the industry more. Hopefully it will be another positive legacy of Heartstopper, especially if Joe reaches full A list status, that it encourages more projects to do the same

by Anonymousreply 449January 26, 2023 1:58 PM

Yaz posted an insta story of her in Paris so i am assuming she is going to be popping up at one of the couture shows.

by Anonymousreply 450January 26, 2023 2:44 PM

R450 not personal to her because it’s really common but it’s always so odd to me that people post photos of someone giving them a pedicure

by Anonymousreply 451January 26, 2023 2:57 PM

R451 It feels like it demeans the person giving the pedicure.

by Anonymousreply 452January 26, 2023 3:09 PM

A picture of Kit from Vogue Italia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 27, 2023 11:14 AM

His hair looks so much better like that rather than the curtains

by Anonymousreply 454January 27, 2023 11:34 AM

Since it's been a while and there's nothing else going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 27, 2023 5:13 PM

Kit Connor definitely has Harry Styles insta notification on.

by Anonymousreply 456January 27, 2023 5:15 PM

R455 I can only think of one thing when I see that gif now. Pouring one out for the Bash hating troll. Hopefully you sought help wherever you are.

And it sure is dead around here.

by Anonymousreply 457January 27, 2023 5:23 PM

I’m assuming Joe’s not the only HS cast member working right now. It’s common for casting announcements to come out after most of the filming has already been done. Hopefully we’ll get some casting announcements for what the rest of the cast is up to soon.

by Anonymousreply 458January 27, 2023 5:32 PM

I miss the day we invented the Bash and Joe feud with Bradley… good times

by Anonymousreply 459January 27, 2023 5:34 PM

I'm still like 75% sure they don't love Bradley

by Anonymousreply 460January 27, 2023 5:38 PM

Joe's old tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 27, 2023 5:50 PM

Another one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 27, 2023 5:54 PM

In other news, the series Kizzy is in is out now and the extent of what his update account posted was him walking in the background of a scene. Did they just not watch the whole thing or is he actually a glorified extra

by Anonymousreply 463January 27, 2023 5:56 PM

Bash's comment on Joe's post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464January 27, 2023 5:57 PM

RIP. HS fans really drove them all off social media. Minus the ones nobody actually cares about but pretend they do sometimes

R464 got to look at nice jaw line while he ignored you at least

by Anonymousreply 465January 27, 2023 6:02 PM

R457 It’s almost as if they never left …

R458 I expect both Kit and Bash are working on something while Will is busy with his music. Yaz is being Yaz and will keep doing her thing and appearing at events.

To be perfectly honest I don’t expect the rest of the cast to have anything high profile enough to be confidential going on but they may pleasantly surprise us

by Anonymousreply 466January 27, 2023 6:08 PM

R455 Troll was nuts, but the gifs were always entertaining. Rest in pieces, Bash-hating troll and 🤪 troll.

R456 He's always liked Harry Styles's stuff much faster than even Maia's, which is super funny.

R463 The fan account was on the third episode when they posted that video, but I'm not exactly filled with confidence that Kizzy is in more of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 27, 2023 6:21 PM

R467 Joe’s jawline is unbeatable

by Anonymousreply 468January 27, 2023 6:25 PM

R464 I hadn’t seen those pictures for a while that really is the perfect angle to show off Joe’s jawline and bone structure we get it Bash we know he’s a stunner. It is so easy to forget just how open they used to be.

R467 Hey Joe’s looking at him that is true love right there

by Anonymousreply 469January 27, 2023 6:33 PM

R466 Bash has to be taking some kinda social media break, which is understandable. Hopefully he working on something and beats those unemployed allegations. Not sure Kit is working on anything considering he's so active on IG. In Kit and Maia watch, he immediately liked her new IG post., no comment though.

by Anonymousreply 470January 27, 2023 6:34 PM

R460 I went to see if Bradley had finally been granted access to their finstas, but turns out he made a finsta of his own and it looks like he unfollowed the cast finstas he had already been following. Assuming he transferred them over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 27, 2023 6:34 PM

R471 That name...

by Anonymousreply 472January 27, 2023 6:37 PM

R470 Took Kit over 10 minutes to like her post, Harry Styles remains unbeatable.

by Anonymousreply 473January 27, 2023 6:37 PM

R473 Right, Tobie also liked it quickly so Kit and Maia are therefore dead according to my wild assumptions

by Anonymousreply 474January 27, 2023 6:38 PM

R471 the idea that he thinks he’s famous enough for a “Finsta” is endearing

by Anonymousreply 475January 27, 2023 6:44 PM

Good for Kit for even making it on, but Prada and K-Pop artists really ate everyone else up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476January 27, 2023 6:49 PM

R476

Yeah K-Pop is never going to be easily beatable, their looks are next level

by Anonymousreply 477January 27, 2023 7:14 PM

R462 I didn’t realise that came from Joe. Very cute. They all look so happy. Filming the second season seems like it was very different.

We are still in the Kit only liking, not commenting on Maia’s Insta era. That’s all I’ve got except observing that I agree and think Kit has probably started filming something. He looks very well put together (shaved etc.). Last fashion week he had his facial fluff and his hair was pretty long

by Anonymousreply 478January 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Ffs only about half of the comments loaded after the old Joe tweets. Of course you were all on top of the Maia post.

R469 what is weird about that clip is that there is a second camera in that interview from more in front of them and Kit is giving heart eyes back just as hard but from this angle it just looks like Joe. I always wonder if it’s sort of left over from Charlie and Nick - they spend so much time looking at each other softly that it just carry’s over to the real world. To be clear, I do not actually think it’s because they want to fuck

by Anonymousreply 479January 27, 2023 7:26 PM

R478 Filming the first series will have been an unbeatable memory for all of them the excitement of it being the first professional job for most of them, working with a young queer cast and crew, Joe and Bash falling in love all over the place and all after a year of Covid isolation. It must have been magical.

I’m sure they loved being together again and filming series two but with all the social media shit they were being put through, Alice’s stress levels and the changed dynamics with new cast members and a lot of outside attention it was never going to be quite the same

by Anonymousreply 480January 27, 2023 7:33 PM

R479 Joe looks really really intently at anyone talking, it’s a really admirable trait and a great interview tactic to look fully engaged but one o I’ve noticed him doing with Bash, Yaz, and Will as well.

by Anonymousreply 481January 27, 2023 7:46 PM

R479 This one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482January 27, 2023 8:00 PM

R428 yes! Not as heart eyes as I remember though definitely a bit more balanced than the initial clip of Joe mooning

by Anonymousreply 483January 27, 2023 8:09 PM

Very weird thing happens with that clip where it finishes before you even see Kit looking at Joe but it’s much longer than where it seems to finish on the long shot of Joe posing.

by Anonymousreply 484January 27, 2023 8:11 PM

One of the most prolific scoopers is contradicting Great Phase and saying Wanda isn’t in Agatha. They also said that Marvel’s planning a Young Avengers movie (a no-brainer, in my opinion).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 27, 2023 8:11 PM

R485 absolutely. They young avengers who have been introduced already are all very charming and great onscreen and if Tom Holland cuts a deal for an appearance it would be a hit. His Spider-Man has a lot of goodwill

by Anonymousreply 486January 27, 2023 8:23 PM

R485 The way the MCU is moving, they might be better off renaming them the New Avengers. I wouldn't be surprised if Hailee Steinfeld is in her 30s by the time they get to the movie if they have to release Agatha and Vision Quest beforehand.

R483 I found the gif, I think the looking down to the lips sells it more than the eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487January 27, 2023 8:26 PM

R485 funny that bash’s mother follows that account

by Anonymousreply 488January 27, 2023 8:29 PM

Well that, did things. Excuse me.

by Anonymousreply 489January 27, 2023 8:29 PM

Kizzy’s cameo in that Lockwood show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 27, 2023 8:30 PM

Same kit. I understand

by Anonymousreply 491January 27, 2023 8:30 PM

R488 Doulla is in the trenches with the rest of us, that Marvel NDA isn't something to fuck with.

by Anonymousreply 492January 27, 2023 8:34 PM

How can anyone not look at Joe’s lips is the real question

by Anonymousreply 493January 27, 2023 8:35 PM

Yeah, I’ve seen Kit do that more than once. Which as it’s Nick Nelson’s main move, is why I think they might have a bit of muscle memory from the characters in how they look at each other

by Anonymousreply 494January 27, 2023 8:36 PM

Also, Joe looked ridiculously hot that night

by Anonymousreply 495January 27, 2023 8:37 PM

R487 they’ve slowed that down a bit right? Because that sells as a pretty heated look from Kit which is unusual

by Anonymousreply 496January 27, 2023 8:40 PM

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about since those gifs look like normal human interaction to me

by Anonymousreply 497January 27, 2023 8:41 PM

R490, would we call that a cameo?! I can see why Kizzy hasn’t really mentioned it lol

by Anonymousreply 498January 27, 2023 8:42 PM

R497 I didn’t want to be a huge downer but agreed. If you gif most things you can read into them honestly. That said the cast refuses to give us content right now so analyze away, everyone. Need someone to generate a conversation as fun or hotly debated as who the hottest guy in the cast was in the last thread

by Anonymousreply 499January 27, 2023 8:43 PM

Blaming r497 every time this place gets boring now.

by Anonymousreply 500January 27, 2023 8:46 PM

Sorry, just didn't want to go down the tiktok route where we start analyzing Kit handing Joe a microphone. Sometimes it's best just to be bored

by Anonymousreply 501January 27, 2023 8:48 PM

Eh, I think there's a difference between gay men theorizing about sexual attraction between two men out of boredom and the fraus on TikTok that want Joe and Kit to ride off into the sunset together.

by Anonymousreply 502January 27, 2023 8:51 PM

R497 Same. I’m confused by these two posters going on about it back and forth. Kit and Joe aren’t Nick and Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 503January 27, 2023 8:52 PM

R503 It's lighthearted analysis. The original person did say that they don't think Joe and Kit actually want to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 504January 27, 2023 8:54 PM

This is the same place that overanalyzes Instagram likes and comments, at least the gifs provide eye candy. I don’t think it’s a big deal.

R438 I wish I paid more attention to his hair, I wonder if he shot that before Heartstopper was released and that’s why he was only a background extra?

by Anonymousreply 505January 27, 2023 8:56 PM

R503 it really was meant to be! Boredom clearly drove me to use my internal thoughts on the outside. To be very very clear, I do not think Kit wants to fuck Joe. More fool him.

R490 I think Kizzy originally posted about it in his stories a couple of times. I wonder if he had more screen time that’s as cut

by Anonymousreply 506January 27, 2023 9:01 PM

R499 can't promise as fun a conversation but wondering what weekend trips if any Joe might get to do whilst filming. Obviously his role seems pretty full on but getting from Atlanta to basically any other city in the US looks easy from what I've seen online. Wouldn't be totally shocked to see him show up at a NY Fashion Week show or for Bash to meet him there given it's also right before Valentine's and they're cheesy like that.

by Anonymousreply 507January 27, 2023 9:04 PM

R507 Fashion Week and the GLAAD Awards are the two things that come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 508January 27, 2023 9:05 PM

R507 90 minute flight to Orlando, could go to Disney which he seems to enjoy or Universal

by Anonymousreply 509January 27, 2023 9:07 PM

R502 Theorising about sexual attraction might be a bit strong I think it’s obvious to most gay men, or anyone in touch with reality, that Joe and Kit have never had a serious attraction to each other. A bit of flirtation and genuine affection but that is about it.

Saying that I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Kit is blindsided occasionally by Joe he is objectively beautiful and does have those lips I find it hard to believe Kit is completely insensible to his charm

by Anonymousreply 510January 27, 2023 9:10 PM

R507 I know it’s not his trip but you’d think Connor might come to him at some point. He could crop up in LA, see his agent, spend the weekend

by Anonymousreply 511January 27, 2023 9:12 PM

Joe’s phone background is him and Bash at Disneyland Paris so it wouldn’t surprise me R509.

by Anonymousreply 512January 27, 2023 9:15 PM

Are the Debbie Downers done policing this thread yet?

R511 Does Connor have anything coming up or is he mostly writing? It feels like he's been really quiet for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 513January 27, 2023 9:17 PM

DOES THE PHOTO INVOLVE GOOFY IN ANY WAY R512?

BLESS.

by Anonymousreply 514January 27, 2023 9:18 PM

R513 Nobody is policing anything. If you can talk about heated looks other people can say that normal people look at each other when they speak

And NY fashion week doesn't seem to have many designers the cast is going to be interested in. Not sure they'll go (I'll be a debbie downer for that). Do hope Joe (and Bash) go to the GLAAD awards though.

by Anonymousreply 515January 27, 2023 9:24 PM

Speaking of photos, do we think Kit and Joe will ever change their Instagram icons? And for that one person, will Tanner ever switch his icon to something other than Bash?

by Anonymousreply 516January 27, 2023 9:24 PM

Tanner won't because he's a WEIRDO. I agree with the person who gets annoyed by him.

And Joe must like that picture he has.

by Anonymousreply 517January 27, 2023 9:26 PM

R516 i really hope Joe does at some point. That photo is fine but there are many better

by Anonymousreply 518January 27, 2023 9:27 PM

The menswear schedule looks really boring for NYFW, but Joe’s gone to womenswear shows before so I’m not completely ruling it out yet.

by Anonymousreply 519January 27, 2023 9:29 PM

This photo would be an amazing profile pic, he looks hot as fuck, or any of the attitude pics too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520January 27, 2023 9:31 PM

I wonder if that is a real piercing. If so, it is very smart. I am so tired of seeing piercing holes on ear lobes. Especially in period dramas.

by Anonymousreply 521January 27, 2023 9:33 PM

R520 so hot. From what I can tell from the not great set pics, the eyebrow was just for fun not for work. I guess he liked the look in Brazil

by Anonymousreply 522January 27, 2023 9:33 PM

R516 They probably won't, but they should. If we're going by overall looks, I would take a picture from the GQ MOTY ceremony for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 523January 27, 2023 9:35 PM

R522 I’d be really surprised if the eyebrow wasn’t for Agatha, no one shaves their eyebrow right before starting a new job on a whim

by Anonymousreply 524January 27, 2023 9:42 PM

R524 Agree, and the eyebrow slit fits Billy’s edgier look.

by Anonymousreply 525January 27, 2023 9:43 PM

If it's grown back it could be for Billy later in the show. There's conflicting reports if Mephisto has a cameo in Agatha, but it would be for the end of the show anyway

by Anonymousreply 526January 27, 2023 9:49 PM

It's dead and I haven't seen this anywhere, Loewe posted a video of the guests and gave them the same creepy eyes that the models had during the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527January 28, 2023 1:53 AM

Someone on twitter said their friend saw Joe on a bus like 3-4 hours ago. Not sure if true, but nothing else going on.

by Anonymousreply 528January 28, 2023 2:11 AM

R527

Thats creepy

by Anonymousreply 529January 28, 2023 3:13 AM

R528 always a bit dubious when people say “a friend”

by Anonymousreply 530January 28, 2023 6:52 AM

Random, but was a full version of this ever released? It's from the in-character shoot Alice did for the tie-in version of Vol 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531January 28, 2023 7:12 AM

I don’t think so, but I suspect that this is the art that they were recreating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 28, 2023 7:19 AM

There’s probably nothing in this, but a few people are speculating that there might be some news/a trailer soon, because this Instagram has been posting quite a lot of content recently to get people engaged. I reckon a trailer so soon is unlikely, but a release date announcement isn’t out of the question?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533January 28, 2023 8:26 AM

Nice to see a Charlie and Nick post… it doesn’t seem to be getting a huge amount of engagement which is a bit sad

by Anonymousreply 534January 28, 2023 8:39 AM

They also haven’t tagged either of them which is weird.

by Anonymousreply 535January 28, 2023 8:44 AM

R534, I dunno 175k likes and 300+ comments for an account that only has 80k followers is pretty good especially as they haven’t tagged the actors who have the biggest following

by Anonymousreply 536January 28, 2023 9:01 AM

R536 I’m sure there are reasons why but it seems really strange they didn’t tag them considering how much more engagement tagged posts get and that they usually tag the cast. They also usually pop their posts in stories… I will speculate wildly

by Anonymousreply 537January 28, 2023 9:18 AM

Joe is tiny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538January 28, 2023 12:00 PM

A teaser and/or release date announcement on Valentine’s Day would be nice, but it might be a bit early for that.

by Anonymousreply 539January 28, 2023 1:32 PM

Alice updated her Patreon, she’s finished writing the story and is going to start drawing it again in February. Mentions the pressure of season 3 again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540January 28, 2023 1:40 PM

R540 she is the whiniest person ever. But this semi confirms to me S3 is likely the last season (or at least the last one Joe and Kit are willing to definitely commit to). At least the storyline is done for those scripts. Also explains storylines ofNick’s dad and brother being moved up.

by Anonymousreply 541January 28, 2023 1:43 PM

It's hard for me to feel bad when I know people who wrote entire prose books while working a 9-5. She's in the position where she can live off her writing. The comic and S3 scripts are likely all she has to worry about right now, and I'd be surprised if the scripts are due anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 542January 28, 2023 1:56 PM

'This volume is going to feel distinct and different to the others in a really fun way'... any theories as to what that might mean?

by Anonymousreply 543January 28, 2023 1:57 PM

Charlie’s mental health will be a bit more settled so the vibes will be happier? If she hasn’t changed the plan too much, this is the volume where Charlie becomes head boy. Nick and Charlie are also going to have sex and she’s also started setting up a bit where Charlie joins a band.

by Anonymousreply 544January 28, 2023 2:00 PM

Would it really be an Alice update if she didn’t mention the stress of it all?

by Anonymousreply 545January 28, 2023 2:03 PM

Alice is answering questions on Patreon and she said they haven’t been told when season 2 is being released and that we are “quite far away” from any news about it.

by Anonymousreply 546January 28, 2023 2:03 PM

She was asked if the story has changed much from how she originally intended and answered the following:

[quote]Yes! I've given myself more space to explore some of the themes that I've already introduced in the chapter. And I feel like I've allowed the characters to behave a little messier and make some mistakes!

by Anonymousreply 547January 28, 2023 2:22 PM

R546 Disappointing. Although it makes it seem like Lorraine's October thing was likely a guess if even Alice doesn't know. Although it could be a bluff and news is actually coming soon ish.

by Anonymousreply 548January 28, 2023 2:28 PM

Realistically no one probably touched it until after the Christmas break, so they have only been editing for 3/4 weeks, so not a complete stretch they don’t have anything to show yet, and even if it were fully edited and ready to go now they have to slot into a Netflix’s schedule where they’ll want to spread things out over the year

by Anonymousreply 549January 28, 2023 2:58 PM

I'm sure they took a break fo the holiday, but Heartstopper is edited as they shoot. Hopefully post doesn't take too long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 28, 2023 3:09 PM

R550 Yeah, I remember the cast were shown a rough trailer of season 1 while they were still shooting it (or were just finishing). Plus season 2 finished filming at the start of December so they had all December too.

by Anonymousreply 551January 28, 2023 3:22 PM

How far in advance of S1 being released did they confirm the date of release?

by Anonymousreply 552January 28, 2023 3:40 PM

R543 I just wonder if she has the balls to make Nick less than tooth rottingly perfect, although there is a strong argument his behaviour wasn’t as perfect in the early story as people make out in particular how he tolerated the bullies for so long.

I would find it interesting and slightly amusing because it seems among the most insufferable group of fans there is almost a cult of Nick is Perfect which is what has been so disturbingly projected onto Kit the Angel. I really don’t think they would cope well if Nick gets a bit messy and morally complicated along with his descent into being a normal well rounded teenager who actually has sex with his boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 553January 28, 2023 3:40 PM

After being the biggest winner at the first Fanily and Childrens Emmys, I actually agree with others they’ll aim for a late May release. I’m guessing they’ll aim for as late as possible to give Joe time to do some in person promo interviews and go straight from the agatha set to interviewing but given how much they actually won (which Netflix wants) I think they’ll aim for that again.

R553 they posted it March 16 for an April 22 release, and said in January that it would be a spring release

by Anonymousreply 554January 28, 2023 3:42 PM

Poor Joe is gonna be knackered if they do that schedule, assuming they’ll pretty much go from promo to shooting S3 and then possibly back for other Marvel stuff if rumours are to be believed

by Anonymousreply 555January 28, 2023 3:59 PM

[quote]Rafa: Alice, I'm very happy to hear that you'll be back! 😃 You mentioned you wanted to finish Volume 5 before you start on Season 3 of the show: does that mean that the intent is for the three seasons of the Netflix show to include the entire content of all five volumes? Welcome back! 😃

[quote]Alice Oseman: Too early to say! I haven't got into planning season 3 yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556January 28, 2023 4:08 PM

He is young I am sure he will cope and would choose that over scrabbling for work. I know filming schedules usually include excessively long days but many people work long shifts and 5/6 day weeks without ever getting a proper break or holiday. Not saying it’s right but it’s reality.

At some point he might need to find a healthier alternative to his caffeine addiction to keep him going though

by Anonymousreply 557January 28, 2023 4:11 PM

R538 Woke up depressed because I'll never get to pick up Joe

by Anonymousreply 558January 28, 2023 4:59 PM

R558 no wonder Bash is so yoked. Luckiest man ever. Bash pick him up and make out with him in public challenge

by Anonymousreply 559January 28, 2023 5:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560January 28, 2023 5:36 PM

I can't imagine how clingy Nick and Charlie are going to be if this is how Joe and Kit are.

Unrelated, but I could go with never hearing that Miley song again.

by Anonymousreply 561January 28, 2023 5:39 PM

R560 Very cute. Finally, something vaguely new!

by Anonymousreply 562January 28, 2023 5:47 PM

R560 Any lip readers? Wondering what Kit says at the start (I think Joe then says 'this is how we dance' or 'shall we dance?').

Still curious why they got into that position in the first place - very cute if they just did it off their own bat, but I suspect the photographer asked for it. I thought I saw some of the other actors at the convention doing cute huggy poses too, as if they'd been asked.

by Anonymousreply 563January 28, 2023 6:02 PM

"does that make sense" "No"

by Anonymousreply 564January 28, 2023 6:13 PM

R564 Interesting - looks more like 'dance' than 'sense' to me.

by Anonymousreply 565January 28, 2023 6:17 PM

Joe for sure says “Shall we dance?” Imagine it in a slightly northern accent on the dance

by Anonymousreply 566January 28, 2023 6:26 PM

R563 Kit suggested the same pose to the person that walked in for the next fan picture, so my completely uneducated guess is that Kit either suggested it. I'm guessing that the photographer at the GQ shoot before this con originally suggested the pose and Kit decided to adopt it as a pose from there. There's also that picture of him and Bash at Disney in the Titanic version of that pose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567January 28, 2023 6:29 PM

There's a random "either" in a sentence there, ignore that. I'm attempting to multitask.

by Anonymousreply 568January 28, 2023 6:30 PM

They look so bloody awkward in that GQ gif.

by Anonymousreply 569January 28, 2023 8:46 PM

R569 I wouldn’t say so. They seemed pretty comfortable in general during the GQ shoot.

by Anonymousreply 570January 28, 2023 10:13 PM

R560 I feel like Kit possibly says ‘we do it for fun’ (i.e. get in that position), which would fit with Joe’s ‘this is how we dance’ response. But not particularly sure.

by Anonymousreply 571January 28, 2023 10:34 PM

R560 joe is unbelievably good looking in that clip

by Anonymousreply 572January 28, 2023 11:01 PM

R572 Joe is unbelievably good looking full stop

by Anonymousreply 573January 28, 2023 11:46 PM

R571 I think you’re right.

Joe’s eyebrows raising at the very beginning was cute.

by Anonymousreply 574January 29, 2023 12:53 AM

My guess is “Joes having fun.” “Yeah, shall we dance?”

by Anonymousreply 575January 29, 2023 1:36 AM

Joe’s cheeky little grin at the end of that clip is incredibly attractive.

by Anonymousreply 576January 29, 2023 2:27 AM

The Attitude awards were an amazing day for him. This is just me thirsting shamelessly over Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577January 29, 2023 3:38 AM

If we're sharing highlights, this video will always be one of my favorites. The way they strut in, Joe's smile at the beginning, their outfits, the way this was the beginning of Joe using edgy fake earrings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578January 29, 2023 3:49 AM

R577 He was looking extra yum that day. It's a shame attitude look didn't get the Instagram post.

by Anonymousreply 579January 29, 2023 3:51 AM

R579 he refuses to commemorate his sluttiest looks. Even in bash’s birthday post where he was wearing a crop top he didn’t post anything emphasizing his waist. Depriving us

by Anonymousreply 580January 29, 2023 4:48 AM

At least we have this…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581January 29, 2023 5:38 AM

The second clip here always makes me laugh. Bash’s phone must legitimately just be photos and videos of Joe, man is obsessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582January 29, 2023 5:46 AM

Still don’t get why GQ didn’t post their acceptance of the award.

by Anonymousreply 583January 29, 2023 6:24 AM

To be young and in love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584January 29, 2023 6:31 AM

I don’t know why I always thought Bash had auditioned for Nick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585January 29, 2023 6:52 AM

R585 I always remember it was Charlie because I thought it was probably the only time he was ever really happy he lost a lead role, as he would’ve never met his now long term boyfriend had he been cast

by Anonymousreply 586January 29, 2023 6:58 AM

I can't imagine any of those three in the roles they originally auditioned for.

by Anonymousreply 587January 29, 2023 6:59 AM

R585 I always assumed he auditioned for Charlie first like Kit they are both established young queer actors with agents and Charlie is the main narrative character in the original texts.

His personality is certainly very Nick but his life story far closer to Charlie and physically he could never have looked like a rugby captain

by Anonymousreply 588January 29, 2023 8:42 AM

Coming up on 600 posts. What should the poll be for next time?

by Anonymousreply 589January 29, 2023 9:29 AM

No poll, it takes up a lot of space and the thread will just get FF:d again.

by Anonymousreply 590January 29, 2023 9:54 AM

The thread will probably be FF'd whether or not there is a poll.

by Anonymousreply 591January 29, 2023 10:10 AM

My asbestos eyeballs see the poll just fine.

by Anonymousreply 592January 29, 2023 10:16 AM

Poll could be something along the lines of ‘when is season 2 coming out?’

by Anonymousreply 593January 29, 2023 10:33 AM

It’s greyed out for everyone but the OP.

by Anonymousreply 594January 29, 2023 10:39 AM

How will Alice cope with the immeasurable pressure and stress she (and only she) has to endure?

by Anonymousreply 595January 29, 2023 10:42 AM

Photo of Joe and Bash back at Bash’s sister’s wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596January 29, 2023 10:51 AM

New thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597January 29, 2023 12:41 PM

R169 Christmas 2021.

by Anonymousreply 598March 2, 2023 9:48 PM

This is my first post on a Heartstopper thread.

by Anonymousreply 599March 2, 2023 10:22 PM

This is my last post on a Heartstopper thread.

by Anonymousreply 600March 2, 2023 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!