Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"80 for Brady" soundtrack song "Gonna Be You" with Dolly, Cyndi Lauper, Gloria Estefan, Debbie Harry and Bitchlinda Carlisle

This is....interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 5, 2023 8:09 PM

I assume Debbie is somewhere singing in the chorus of this song but unless I missed her entirely she doesn't seem to be in the video....??

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2023 11:06 PM

Jane Fonda's wig and makeup person hated her. Sheesh! Horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2023 11:11 PM

Dolly: What this jersey needs is rhinestones!

Belinda: What this jersey needs is a turtleneck!

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2023 11:21 PM

Awww I like seeing them all sing together

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2023 11:29 PM

That wasn't singing, dear, that was a bag of feral cats being poked by a sharp stick.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2023 11:41 PM

and fuck Bitchlinda Carlisle

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2023 3:24 AM

Bitchlinda Carlisle looks terrible. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2023 3:28 AM

She looks like Mary Tyler Moore looked at the end on Hot in Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2023 3:57 AM

She looks like her face is melting off R8.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2023 4:02 AM

She has the face she deserves.......manipulative hateful bitch!

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2023 4:03 AM

You sound Twisted & Jaded.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2023 4:04 AM

Is the movie as bad as the song? That was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2023 4:19 AM

I’m actually thankful I didn’t see Debbie Harry in that mess.

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2023 4:31 AM

That song, just like the movie, is manipulative as fuck. Just because it’s delivered by beloved stars doesn’t mean it’s not a steaming pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2023 4:37 AM

The bridge in the song is OK. There are mistakes made in details that make the song very tacky, nonetheless. Were any of them awake and able to have creative input - or was it force on them and they took the paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2023 9:28 AM

Did they all have a make up artist on set or an enbalmer?

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2023 11:04 AM

The song is good but a bit unremarkable but the production makes their voices sound like they’ve been through a vocoder.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2023 11:16 AM

It looks like the video was made for $516.32.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2023 11:28 AM

It looked like it was filmed on a 1st generation iPad.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2023 11:32 AM

That’s the worst song I’ve heard in years.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2023 12:03 PM

Where is Debbie Harry? Not only do I not see her, I don't hear her on the song at all.

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2023 12:17 PM

This movie should have gone straight to video/streaming.

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2023 12:20 PM

Could this movie be Jane Fonda’s “Trog”?

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2023 12:21 PM

R23 No, that was Monster-In-Law.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2023 12:22 PM

I've always liked Parton fine, but I hate that the media these last few years has been relentlessly foisting her on us, insisting that we love her, just like the whole (calculated) Betty White worship.

Lily Tomlin makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2023 12:25 PM

R25 And you're so repulsed by Dolly and Lily that you had to come to a thread featuring Dolly and Lily.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2023 12:32 PM

Where was Debbie?

Not a great song, but cute enough and it was nice seeing them all. Big fan of all of them..well, not so much Gloria. She’s fine and all but just never really grabbed me.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2023 12:38 PM

I'm guessing this will not be the tune that finally gets Diane Warren her Best Song Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2023 12:41 PM

In every interview I’ve seen with the four leads, Sally has been openly annoyed with Rita.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2023 12:42 PM

R25: agree, I love Dolly but there’s this forced appreciation/‘love’ of her from people who probably don’t even listen to her songs ever. The same happened with Celine.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2023 12:45 PM

I enjoyed the song. It isn't the greatest thing in the world, but better than a lot of the shit that passes for music these days.

The shots of Jane Fonda reminded me of the alternate history, Grace had tons of plastic surgery and married a sleaze ball episode of Grace and Frankie.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2023 12:54 PM

The song will play fine over the end credits and then will be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2023 12:59 PM

r1 r21 r27 She's deleted the promos from her social media and there's silence on that end. Some speculate that she had sociopolitical issues as somebody brought them to her attention after she had agreed and backed out last minute, others say that she has been sickly for a while and perhaps couldn't perform even to the disappointing levels of Estefan and Carlisle. Some suggest she's using again, too. It's hard to say, even the people within her circles say she's just "random" does things or not does things on whims, that's always been her.

r30 the movie about her childhood did well (but not well enough to materialize into a full tv series as they had hoped. It did produce a sequel and connected her with younger generations.) and she's aware she's nearing the end of her life, doesn't have children and wants to ensure that her multiple generations of nieces and nephews are taken care of... as well as the surrounding community (she still makes appearances in the convalescent homes, donates to the local schools, etc) and protect her legacy, theme park, estate and other interests as a whole. She already has an end life plan setup for potential movie deals to counter the inevitably unauthorized stories.

There's also a dearth of 'successful' elder projects right now and demand is high... but quality is far too low. So, Dolly is over-saturated as filler. They don't know how to recapture a GG type show or scene. besides the now elders don't really believe they're elders. So we get more sex in the city types or canned sitcom fodder than we get brutal honesty... plus all the elders are dying, stretched out leathery/rubbery faces and all. -- which goes to the other end of the nepo problem, it's not just the issue of the babies but the same elders that are dragged out for the same carbon copy productions of things they've already done. Lily & Jane at this point are like an Adam Sandler production.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2023 12:59 PM

[quote] In every interview I’ve seen with the four leads, Sally has been openly annoyed with Rita.

Well, I mean.....our Sal has eyes and ears. And a nose that can smell cunt.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2023 2:39 PM

[quote] Lily & Jane at this point are like an Adam Sandler production.

Counting Grace and Frankie, they will have been in three recent productions together.....another film with the two of them.

I think they make a great team but those productions are coming so close together. Then again, the clock is ticking, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2023 2:40 PM

Boring song but I love all 4 singers.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2023 2:44 PM

any news on Jane's cancer treatments?

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2023 3:01 PM

r35 the tv series was enough.,.. for many that's the only place they know them from or at least, were introduced to them. So, every subsequent film is just a spinoff / alternate reality of their tv characters. The cast of the Golden Girls fell into this as well, more the other three than Bea that recognized the problems in keeping professional proximity. . . not that it helped her much in film or television, though stage is another matter.

Adam Sandler productions aren't just Adam Sandler, he's moved into making prolific amount of comedy and family films that generally all have the same premise, the same gags but just slightly different plots and casts... because it's easy money and the productions don't cost as much when you can knock out two or three at once reusing everything available.

Still, there's this conflict with that we're only seeing a handful of aging celebrities -- most that have had hits in the last few years, so it feels like overexposure... in addition to the media trying to oversell it.

The rest of us have had a lifetime of Lily & Jane, and wondering where the next Jessica Tandy is. (Sure, if we look back, she could fit the bill, too. She had a swing of hits, largely playing the same character. But she found these successes later in life, so it still was "fresh".

The rest of this is just a step or two above Madonna's current antics. It carries a feeling of being financially desperate and emotionally needy to most people. It's the kind of thing you'd want on resume to get a better job, if you didn't already have better credits to your name. They would have been better off doing a remake or sequel to "On Golden Pond" as a lesbian couple and their trouble with their own adult wayward daughter or son. . .

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2023 3:10 PM

[quote]any news on Jane's cancer treatments?

She announced in December that her B-cell non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma is in remission.

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2023 4:30 PM

thanks R39

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2023 4:31 PM

The trailer for this movie has played before the last 3 or 4 movies I've watched in a theater. Each time I ask, why was this made? And why is it getting a theatrical release instead of going straight to steaming or cable? It looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2023 4:43 PM

Seems like such a random selection of singers. Why not just throw in Suzanne Vega and Bonnie Tyler while they're at it?

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2023 4:43 PM

[quote]I'm guessing this will not be the tune that finally gets Diane Warren her Best Song Oscar.

Just give her an Oscar already so she can retire and go away. Even if it's for this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2023 4:52 PM

What's happening with Belinda's right eye?

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2023 4:56 PM

[quote]Each time I ask, why was this made? And why is it getting a theatrical release instead of going straight to steaming or cable? I

Variety: Selected as the opening-night cork-popper for the Palm Springs International Film Festival (whose diva-worshiping audience reps the two demographics this featherweight offering serves best: gay and gray), Kyle Marvin’s directorial debut is a pleasant enough reminder that these gals are still game for a good time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2023 4:58 PM

[quote](whose diva-worshiping audience reps the two demographics this featherweight offering serves best: gay and gray

I'm insulted as both a "gay" and a "gray".

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2023 5:05 PM

Tom Brady's gonna be pissed it's only old gay men going to this movie.

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2023 5:10 PM

I saw a (very lengthy, it seemed) trailer for this at the theater. Cringey, at best, depressing and manipulatively sentimental at worst. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2023 5:23 PM

Old ladies would be much more into Gronk.

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2023 5:28 PM

R45 Charo is in this movie too?

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2023 5:48 PM

Didn't CBS Sunday morning do a story on this? This is based on a real story where these 5 old broads over 80 would meet every weekend to watch the game. One of the woman's grandsons worked in Hollywood and wrote the screenplay. (The old bats never actually went to the game and had no road trips filled with wacky hiinx)

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2023 6:36 PM

I want to see 80 For Rodgers.....where a bunch of eldergays go to a Packers game to try to convince Aaron Rodgers to come out. Starring George Maharis, Richard Chamberlain, George Chakiris, and Daniel J Travanti

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2023 6:41 PM

R52 I'm liking this idea.

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2023 6:47 PM

Jane and Lily have had way too much work and are hard to look at. Jane looks like an alien.

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2023 6:55 PM

R52, Do they need a driver?

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2023 7:02 PM

I will only go see this if the locker room scene shows naked men. If this was a movie about women in a locker room, we'd be shown extras' tits, ass, and cuntbushes. As a gay man, I am tired of being terrorized by female body parts at the cinema. I want ass, dick, and nuts. I want Dolly Parton popping in for a cameo, seeing a naked footballer and announcing, "That's what we all back home call a puff: ya bake this tiny piece a dough and it puffs right up into a ginormous biscuit. Surprisingly big. En tasty, too! " And isn't this a bit of an ego trip? Tom Brady is a producer of a movie in which old ladies love. . .Tom Brady.

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2023 7:05 PM

[quote] What's happening with Belinda's right eye?

What's happening with both of her eyes? It looks like her face has been pulled so tight she can't open her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2023 10:24 PM

[quote] I want ass, dick, and nuts

If they're filming Gronk's nuts, dick, and ass it better be in IMAX 3D and Scratch n Sniff!

by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2023 10:25 PM

I'm surprised Ms. Porter didn't get a part in this horrific recording.

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2023 2:56 PM

Porter?

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2023 4:18 PM

R60 How very dare you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2023 5:40 PM

What? They couldn't find a female Black singer to join in? Where's Whitney Houston? Natalie Cole? Irene Cara?

RACISTS!

by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2023 11:43 PM

Why do the ads keep mentioning Debbie Harry? I know she's allegedly ill, but why add her name if she's not any part of it?

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2023 11:46 PM

Debbie Harry is ill?

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2023 11:53 PM

R64 Some weird crap on Twitter a few days/week ago - who knows if it's true, but a few oddball tweets here and there. Let's hope not.

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2023 11:55 PM

Both Gronk and Billy Porter are in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 66January 23, 2023 12:27 AM

Yes R66

by Anonymousreply 67January 23, 2023 12:30 AM

Doubt that Debbie is "ill" given her appearance this week looking great for 78. Starting in March, Blondie have 13 upcoming shows, including Coachella, so I think Deb is doing just fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 4, 2023 3:19 PM

I played this LOVELY song and all the alley cats ran away.

And holly fuck balls, is there any one more charisma free 'star" than Gloria Tree Stump Estefan?

And Belinda's eyes look like they were scooped out with a melon baller!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 69February 4, 2023 3:28 PM

Cyndi’s voice is shot to shit, she hit a note that made me jump. Dolly is whispering more than Janet now. Gloria’s voice is just average now, someone’s grandma doing karaoke. Belinda is forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 70February 4, 2023 3:47 PM

Do the Razzies have a category for songs? If so, this is a lock.

by Anonymousreply 71February 4, 2023 3:47 PM

R69 Fuck you! My performance in the "Bad Boys" video was Oscar worthy.

by Anonymousreply 72February 4, 2023 3:55 PM

^ Gloria Estefan

by Anonymousreply 73February 4, 2023 3:55 PM

I’m sick of the Dolly worship, she hasn’t made a good song since the early 90s. She’s good to charity, fabulous. Retire and donate. Her fake ass persona and giggles that hide the shrewd business woman are annoying. No one wants to hear the “expensive to look this cheap”, “wrote 9to5 on my acrylic nails” tired ass stories again. Oh and eat Judy’s pussy.

by Anonymousreply 74February 4, 2023 4:00 PM

[quote]She announced in December that her B-cell non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma is in remission.

Buck would've had A-cell.

by Anonymousreply 75February 4, 2023 4:06 PM

Of all the genres currently infecting pop culture, the one I hate the most is aged woman showing their energy and liveliness by acting like brain-damaged teens. And there's always a scene where they get drunk and dance. It's particularly distressing when the actresses involved here have all done spectacularly good work in the past (and all have been awarded Oscar nods and/or wins; and I'm also looking at you, Diane Keaton.) I'm guessing none of them need the money.

The male version—geezers who team up, usually to break the law in some way—is just as nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 76February 4, 2023 4:24 PM

I thought it was a fun-shit movie. I love my fellow old people.

by Anonymousreply 77February 4, 2023 4:25 PM

Well, I'm 75. Maybe in 6 years I'll like it too.

by Anonymousreply 78February 4, 2023 4:34 PM

R74- i saw Dolly in Boston in 2007 or 2008- What a snooze. She sang to prerecorded track and lip synched. Love her still, but it was a horrid show.

by Anonymousreply 79February 4, 2023 4:35 PM

I'm just happy to see older actors getting screen time. Visibility is important.

by Anonymousreply 80February 4, 2023 4:35 PM

R79 she has zero stage presence. She thrives in the TikTok generation because she’s adorable in 15 second snippets but after too long it’s like “can we leave grandma’s now and go home?”

by Anonymousreply 81February 4, 2023 4:43 PM

I'm just happy to see multi-millionaire actors getting screen time. Net worth is important.

by Anonymousreply 82February 4, 2023 4:44 PM

It was new wave and quirky for Cindi Lauper to sing off key in a little girl voice way back when but now it's cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 83February 4, 2023 5:44 PM

R76 Sally might. She downsized to a one bedroom in the West village so she can take out the garbage with Andy Cohen and support her son who apparently tweets for a living.

by Anonymousreply 84February 4, 2023 7:13 PM

R84, Sally must have made some good coin with “Brothers and Sisters”, which lasted a few seasons.

She’s never lived lavishly, I doubt she’s in financial need.

by Anonymousreply 85February 4, 2023 11:25 PM

The movie took in $12.5 million this opening weekend.

by Anonymousreply 86February 5, 2023 8:04 PM

R86 wow! I guarantee Bros was better

by Anonymousreply 87February 5, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote]It looks like the video was made for $516.32.

And two thirds of that was spent on the craft table.

by Anonymousreply 88February 5, 2023 8:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!