Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Renee Geyer is DEAD to me!

I am not familiar with Renee Geyer or her music. Has she ever been discussed at Datalounge? I thought I knew every popular music female singer of note who sings in English. I am disappointed to learn otherwise. Who can fill me in on Renee Geyer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2023 11:32 PM

Wiki

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2023 7:13 AM

Another link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2023 7:32 AM

She is a wealthy bourgeois woman who seems to think that her howling should be described as "soulful".

She has never suffered any pain in her comfortable life.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2023 10:17 PM

Is that a vest? A scarf?

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2023 10:29 PM

R3 she got fat. That must have been painful.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2023 10:31 PM

R4 That is her harness she wears when pulling in the cart after a full day picking cotton in the hot sun.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2023 10:32 PM

She was born in Melbourne. For some reason I thought she came from New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2023 10:46 PM

Australian.

PASS!

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2023 10:47 PM

That's Mark Geyer.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2023 10:47 PM

If a Geyer falls into the billabong does her career make a splash?

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2023 11:00 PM

R3, R5 The diva did a cabaret show which lasted about 30 minutes about ten years ago.

It annoyed the paying customers who demanded an encore.

The diva refused, saying 'What do they want? Blood?

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2023 11:04 PM

I’m a fan. I love her 1981 hit “Say I Love You”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2023 11:42 PM

Hot Minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2023 1:57 AM

Is frau wearing a banana clip?

What decade is frau’s hairdo from?

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2023 2:08 AM

If a Geyer? Falls into the billabong? Does her career? Make a splash?

I translated it into Australianese for you, R10.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2023 2:22 AM

R3 She had a life.

Years ago, I interviewed her. Our stupid Green Room manager contacted the producer to say she was drunk and difficult. I went down to check, and she was just a diva expecting something a bit more than what we had. I adored her, she had been gigging for decades by now, and knew what she wanted. our dumb cunt producer, believing the 25 year old cunt cut the interview from 12 to 7 minutes, scared she wouldn't be able to sustain it.

Two minutes in she talked about her parents immigrating to Australia after the war speaking no English, and her Mum had survived Auschwitz. The interview took off, great stories, of a hard life and years on the road, but ended too soon, because of the 25 year old moron. I really liked her. old school entertainer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2023 2:31 AM

R15 What are you suggesting? That Australians are only capable of one-clause sentences?

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2023 2:34 AM

Now I can't get this song out of my head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2023 9:31 PM

She had a life. She bawled. She howled.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2023 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!