Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Four Students Found Dead Near the University of Idaho Part 12 SUSPECT ARRESTED

Previous thread, Part 11, posted below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 28, 2023 10:03 PM

Would there be any reason for the prosecution to offer BK a plea deal to avoid the death penalty? Or do you think they might be absolutely set on pursuing the death penalty and so determined to go to trial?

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2023 11:42 PM

The trial won’t be done in that area. These detectives and prosecutors don’t seem like the brightest bunch. Experts said that the list that of what was taken from his house was shockingly low. There wasn’t much in the way of evidence. It may come down to the computer.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2023 4:24 AM

I had figured he'd take a plea deal to avoid the death penalty, but reading on here about the lack of evidence (like the stuff taken from his house), I'm not sure anymore. He's so arrogant, I do wonder if he'll decide to fire the public defender and take over the case himself, a la Bundy. The spotlight would be on him, and that might be irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2023 5:25 AM

Ashley Banfield show - guy interviewed a former employee of the Mad Greek, where Xana and Maddie worked. This person said Bryan came in and was very specific how he wanted his vegan pizza prepared. They showed a picture of the Mad Greek, a very small space, so if they were working when he came in, he almost certainly would have noticed them. It's like the only place in town that serves vegan food - and it's known for it.

Some news about the gag order being made stronger - so that current employees of the Mad Greek couldn't talk to the press, so it was lucky this reporter found the one who worked there in the past, but when Maddie and Xana worked there and also when Bryan came in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2023 7:15 AM

Oh and that the redditor believed to be Bryan 'inside looking' said in a post that Xana and Maddie were the targets.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2023 7:16 AM

"It's okay. I'm here to help you". !

The words he said to Xana that Dylan heard before he killed her!

Xana and Maddie were servers at the Mad Greek.

Did Xana say this to Kohberger at the Mad Greek? Did he say this to her as a last taunt so she'd remember who he was, did it refer to something that happened there he was pissed about after she said this to him as a server?

Good god, I suddenly thought of that sentence and realized this might be the meaning of that horrifying sentence.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2023 9:08 AM

R6- Calm down, sunshine. I think you may be a bit lost.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2023 10:33 AM

R6 = Maaaaaary!

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2023 11:06 AM

He's locked up and unlikely to ever get out. Next...

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2023 1:31 PM

From yesterdays NYP article, sounds like we called it a few threads ago— BK “met” the girls at the restaurant where they worked and / or stalked them on social media.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2023 3:07 PM

I'd much rather get the death penalty than life in prison. Assuming it would be carried out quickly.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2023 3:14 PM

Back in my day (which was admittedly a long time ago), there was a certain type of socially inept, creeper guy. Often they would have good credentials on paper.

They would tend to go after girls who were cute but not beautiful. (These girls were still out if their league.)

When these girls rejected them, they would get angry. You could almost see them thinking “But you aren’t beautiful! You should be GRATEFUL for my attention!”

Now we have incels, who certainly aren’t accomplished even on paper.

Anyway, I can see BK thinking he was some kind of catch and these cute but chubby, cute but not beautiful girls should be grateful for his attention.

Or maybe there was actually some sort of negative interaction at the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2023 3:15 PM

^ I was discussing this last night. He ignored the beautiful Dylan, not not these three “all-American” girls who felt attainable to him. He was outraged they wouldn’t respond to him.

I am sure at least the two waitress roommates discussed him because they likely waited on him, and I’m sure he got really fucking weird with them. No idea if all three girls had discussed him following all of them on SM.

He definitely knew how to stay on the right side of stalker laws by only sending “how are you?” The sad and terrifying reality is that a stalker like BK isn’t someone who can be stopped. I’m sure the girls all decided that their only option was to ignore him, which they 100% did, and look where they are. Women should not have to live in fear, I see it as trauma, they know they are sitting ducks for lunatics and that’s a horrible feeling.

The only other thing the girls could have done is block him, go private, or shut down their social media altogether. I think it’s time for law enforcement to start teaching women that if they want to stop a stalker, they’ve got to get off of SM. Stop feeding the beast, you’ve got a shot that they might get bored and move on.

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2023 3:38 PM

I got blamed on earlier threads for “blaming the victim,” but people (not just women) have to start taking personal safety seriously.

Get off social media or avoid posting anything too personal. Install secularity measures. Even inexpensive bars and latches slow down burglars.

Get plenty of outdoor lighting and use it. Get cameras if you can. If you get cameras, position one of them where the camera can’t be reached. In my area, there was a group of burglars who just sauntered up to Ring cameras and put tape over them.

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2023 4:51 PM

Security measures.

Criminals probably don’t care if you are religious.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2023 4:52 PM

yes, but how to get rid of personal information that's available online? you put in someone's name and all this fucking info comes up, who they may be related to, who lived at the address etc, how long they have been married to their spouse etc this is so fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2023 4:55 PM

[quote]In my area, there was a group of burglars who just sauntered up to Ring cameras and put tape over them.

But their faces and other things would’ve been saved before the tape, no?

[quote] Even inexpensive bars and latches slow down burglars.

When my local police department did a security survey of my house they gave this advice. They said if a burglar wants to get into your house, they will. The idea is to make your house less of a target and more difficult to get into so they’ll go to a different house.

For instance, a bush that blocks the view of a burglar from the street by a first floor window. The burglar could sit there all night and work on that window because nobody would see him. Yet if the hedges were trimmed, he may just move on to another.

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2023 4:59 PM

R16, one thing you can do is update your billing addresses on all cards, etc to be a PO Box. Convey your house and other assets to a trust with a separate address. The trust should not have your name in the title of the trust.

You can supposedly opt out of / suppress these online search services like Radaris but I’m not sure now.

by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2023 5:16 PM

One thing I found ironic about this case is how Kaylee's family insisted that Kaylee was always careful and hyper aware of safety and her surroundings. Meanwhile, their daughter lived in a flophouse with no security features and all kinds of people coming and going.

Here's a pic of all the roommates. I'm not really seeing how people find them all that attractive. They all look cheap aside from Xana who is the only one who appears remotely natural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2023 5:27 PM

Kaylee’s parents are MAGA.

They think loudly proclaiming something makes it true.

Daddy Big-Mouth should have been installing safety features at Kaylee’s house instead of flapping his gums. (You know he was already a blowhard before the murders.)

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2023 5:35 PM

These kids wouldn't have been afraid of burglars because they had so little worth stealing, and their personal possessions were in their rooms behind combination locks. Definitely not a house that would be targeted by burglars, unless someone was under the impression that they had an interesting amount of drugs, and I don't think these girls could afford an interesting amount of drugs.

And if the girls were brought up by MAGA idiots, they probably thought they were as safe as anyone, living in a very white small town. The right wing likes to project all fears for personal safety onto Others, immigrants or POC or drag queens who read stories to kids, and ignore the fact that all-white small towns aren't safe at all. There's lots of crime in white small towns, much of it drug-related, but they still like to believe that crime is an "urban" problem, and assure themselves that white neighbors and guns are enough.

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2023 5:46 PM

College towns and small, blue collar, “white” towns are notoriously high-crime.

College towns because they are targeted by crazies and because the population is so transient.

Small, poor towns because of drug crime.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2023 6:22 PM

What's the crime rate in Moscow?

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2023 6:30 PM

No crime Moscow. Nyet.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2023 6:35 PM

Even without a serial killer, these roommates had too many people coming into their space. I had a roommate whose boyfriend stole from all of us. You don't have to be a millionaire to care that your belongings are stolen. Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2023 7:24 PM

"Kohberger is said to be a strict vegan. In an interview with the New York Post, a former family member, speaking anonymously, revealed that his aunt and uncle had to buy new pots and pans as he would "not eat from anything that had ever had meat cooked in them."

I wonder, horribly, if that is why he wore a mask. He knew there would be blood and tissue flying and did not want anything to enter his mouth or nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Personally, I think the aunt and uncle are idiots. You think I’m buying all new cookware to please your little whims? Bitch, you can buy your own cookware and make your own food or eat your meals at the local ranch like the cows grazing. The fuck I care?

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2023 8:51 PM

He’s not a vegan - he’s plant based. He doesn’t give a shit about animals or any living being obviously.

Vegan = ethical stance against animal suffering in any form

Plant based - not eating animal products

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2023 9:23 PM

[quote] From yesterdays NYP article, sounds like we called it a few threads ago— BK “met” the girls at the restaurant where they worked and / or stalked them on social media.

That’s not what they said. There’s no evidence that any of that is true. Just rumor and theory. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2023 9:45 PM

R28 has a brain tumor.

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2023 9:45 PM

[quote] I wonder, horribly, if that is why he wore a mask. He knew there would be blood and tissue flying and did not want anything to enter his mouth or nose.

Right, it couldn’t have been to keep their identity hidden, dumbass frau.

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2023 9:46 PM

[quote] Even without a serial killer

Learn the difference between serial killer and mass murderer.

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2023 9:47 PM

R31 well of course I did consider the obvious but this guys a real whacko. So picky about the pots and pans is what made me think that.

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2023 9:53 PM

Now the he is a resident of the Moscow Marriott, I wonder how much worry he has for pots and pans?

by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2023 10:11 PM

Hey R30 - Veganism is not a diet you philistine

by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2023 10:18 PM

[quote] Learn the difference between serial killer and mass murderer.

…and a spree killer.

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2023 10:23 PM

A vegan patronizing a small town vegan restaurant two times isn't especially damning

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2023 10:46 PM

I’d call this a multiple murder. “Spree” implies more than one location. “Mass” suggests more than 4. Now, if he’d gone for the other two girls . . .

by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2023 10:48 PM

About the online address problem - look, I'm old, and I think the crime rate was even higher back when nearly everybody had their name, address and phone number in the stupid phone book - copies of which were everywhere, like in phone booths and public places.

And many criminals just pick people and places randomly - like Bundy wandering around looking for a girl that was his 'type'.

Whoever said secure your house was right. Cameras in hard to reach places, a dog or two if you can, I checked on "inside burglar bars" once and they weren't too expensive - well, maybe $2k for a 4 bedroom house. Make sure you figure out the possible fire hazard, so that you can open the bars on the inside yourself to get out - you might need a key? Be purposeful and alert when you go anywhere - if you think someone's following you, drive to the police station and not home - etc etc. I'm sure there's more advice online. Or take a self defense class, with or without gun training.

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2023 11:27 PM

And put the damned smart phones DOWN when you're in pubic - and pay attention to your surroundings including all the people and how they're acting.

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2023 11:28 PM

Lock your doors. It's not hard.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2023 12:02 AM

I’m not locking my damn doors. I am sure I will get murdered too, but I can’t be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2023 1:53 AM

Some expert on the subject said that the killer might be a hybrid killer, someone with characteristics of different types of murderers, for instance serial and spree.

On another note, I found this on the first thread:

[quote] Has anyone interrogated the Criminology majors yet, this may just be an end of the semester special project? [/quote]

No, it's not Bryan, but it's still kind of spooky.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2023 4:31 AM

[quote]From yesterdays NYP article, sounds like we called it a few threads ago— BK “met” the girls at the restaurant where they worked and / or stalked them on social media. That’s not what they said. There’s no evidence that any of that is true. Just rumor and theory. Stop.

Which part do you contend was not reported (and “verified”) via a witness?

Sure, some witnesses lie, but when you say it’s just a rumor it makes me think you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2023 4:51 AM

R43- Are we sure? Their last post on any DL thread was 12/26/22.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2023 4:53 AM

If LE would just verify they found dog hair in his apartment that matched that stupid Golden Doodle, that would be the end of it, for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2023 1:55 PM

[quote]Convey your house and other assets to a trust with a separate address.

Yes why didn't these teenagers in college just convert all their assets into a trust with a separate address, and also install expensive security measures on a house they were renting and would only live in for a few months?

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2023 2:14 PM

R46 They aren’t dumb enough to do that and give the defense more info. The frau detectives can wait.

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2023 4:26 PM

[quote] Veganism is not a diet you philistine

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2023 4:58 PM

[quote] If LE would just verify they found dog hair in his apartment that matched that stupid Golden Doodle, that would be the end of it, for the most part.

They should be concentrating on the car. He probably lived in a filthy place. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t hair. Nothing they took sound’s incriminating per experts. They were actually shocked by how poor this looks for LE.

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2023 5:00 PM

[quote] Some expert on the subject said that the killer might be a hybrid killer, someone with characteristics of different types of murderers

Oh, please. These idiots are now just pulling shit out of their asses to get a fee for appearing on cable television. They’re running out of material.

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote]Nothing they took sound’s incriminating per experts.

Oh, fucking dear!

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2023 6:04 PM

[quote]Nothing they took sound’s [sic] incriminating per experts. They were actually shocked by how poor this looks for LE.

Well, then it’s a good thing the experts weighed in, without knowing what exactly was found, where or how. I’m glad there are experts out there to tell me what I should believe about a criminal investigation because I wouldn’t know what to think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2023 6:06 PM

Holy shit, R6, He probably rehearsed the crime endlessly in his mind. If he had a catch phrase, that was it.

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2023 6:30 PM

There was a similar catchphrase at the center of this week’s episode of “Will Trent.” It was spooky.

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2023 6:32 PM

You're on an anonymous gossip board, R53. People are allowed to speculate, post theories, and talk shit.

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2023 6:33 PM

While having good security is obviously recommended regardless, a murder like this is really very rare. You're much more likely to be killed by a car but that doesn't stop you from driving or going out. A lot more likely to be killed by a partner or ex-partner too but that doesn't stop you from dating either.

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2023 8:02 PM

Well, I like to think that’s what stopped me from dating anyway.

by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2023 8:07 PM

R58 Touché!

by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote]Nothing they took sound’s incriminating per experts. They were actually shocked by how poor this looks for LE.

Is he going to get away with it?!!

by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2023 8:14 PM

Jackie Fischer, the owner of the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow slammed a People report where a former unnamed employee claimed that Kohberger had stopped by the eatery twice in the weeks before the killings and ordered vegan pizza.

Two of the victims, Madison Mogen, 21, and Xana Kernodle, 20, worked at the Mad Greek as waitresses. The employee said that the alleged killer’s order was notable because Kohberger, who an aunt told The Post had “very, very weird” dietary restrictions, wanted to ensure that no animal products touched his food.

“𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘𝒔/𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒅𝒖𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏,

“𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 5 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒔,” 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒅.

by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2023 9:32 PM

Moron r47, my post re trusts was directly responding to r16, who asked what to do about online information.

That applies to everyone, not just the Idaho students. In fact, we don’t even know if online information was used by BK.

Here’s my full post:

[quote] [R16], one thing you can do is update your billing addresses on all cards, etc to be a PO Box. Convey your house and other assets to a trust with a separate address. The trust should not have your name in the title of the trust. You can supposedly opt out of / suppress these online search services like Radaris but I’m not sure now.

But I guess it was very important to you to mischaracterize my post.

Maybe ask yourself how you became a liar.

by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2023 12:22 AM

The owner of the Mad Greek also said "The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People… It is not true. This person who wants their 5 minutes of fame has now caused a whole bunch of extra work for myself and the investigators. I also have not forbidden employees from speaking to reporters. We all decided collectively to support the families and not share anything that could potentially harm the investigation or cause the families more stress. To all media/reporters/internet sleuths, etc.. please allow us to grieve the loss of our friends and co workers. This has been incredibly hard on us. With our phones ringing off the hook, reporters banging on my door at my private residence and “hunting” down employees as well as showing up constantly at the restaurant, we have not been afforded the time to grieve. Please stop calling, messaging, knocking and showing up. I personally will not be doing any interviews or entertaining wild accusations at this time. My employees also feel the same! To all others, please don’t believe everything you read. If it’s not coming from the courts or the police, wait until it does or doesn’t before judging. To everyone who has supported myself, my family and my employees, thank you. Your kind words and support help us get through each day while we navigate these unknown times. Respectfully, Jackie Fischer Mad Greek" but in the comments I saw "IF BK has NEVER been to the Mad Greek cafe then why would you and the employees feel you had to come together and "agree not to talk" in order to "support and not hurt" the families, etc.? If he was never there, and what was said by former employee was "not true" there would be no need "to come together" and nothing to agree upon!" and that makes a lot of sense. I do not want to disbelieve the owner of the restaurant but what that poster said about it is a thought.

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2023 12:55 AM

[quote]Maybe ask yourself how you became a liar.

You're the one who claimed you read that BK met the victims at the Mad Greek in the NYT, which didn't happen: you read it in People Magazine, not NYT, and it turned out to not be true. The restaurant said so yesterday.

You're also the one who was complaining in multiple posts about how the victims deserved it because they didn't have security measures, and you were whining up a storm about how others had previously said you were blaming the victims -- which you have been, constantly, on nearly every thread. And on top of all that, half of your posts are you calling people stupid, idiots, or liars.

I get that you're some dumb old frau who thinks being a cunt is the same as being "witty like a gay" but that's your problem, and you should stop making it ours.

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2023 2:06 AM

[quote]but in the comments I saw "IF BK has NEVER been to the Mad Greek cafe then why would you and the employees feel you had to come together and "agree not to talk" in order to "support and not hurt" the families, etc.? If he was never there, and what was said by former employee was "not true" there would be no need "to come together" and nothing to agree upon!" and that makes a lot of sense. I do not want to disbelieve the owner of the restaurant but what that poster said about it is a thought.

You fucking idiot, they explained it right there: "We all decided collectively to support the families and not share anything that could potentially harm the investigation or cause the families more stress."

It's right there. RIGHT. THERE. But you think the owner is lying because they said something you didn't want to hear, right? Fucking incredible.

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2023 2:10 AM

The biggest issue with all the internet heat around this case is going to be finding some impartial jurors. There has been too much pontification about this case and BK's likely guilt which will only help the defense to argue that they can't get a fair trial or, afterwards, to appeal a guilty verdict (if that is the outcome) due the members of the jury being "tainted" by all the media coverage.

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2023 2:18 AM

[quote]You're the one who claimed you read that BK met the victims at the Mad Greek in the NYT, which didn't happen: you read it in People Magazine, not NYT

You are the dumbest motherfucker to ever draw breath.

I wrote that I read it in the NYP.

NEW YORK POST.

Which I did. Do you need me to link it for you or do you know how to use the internet?

And, anyway, that post had nothing to do with the post you were trying to snark on. So good job bringing up irrelevant bullshit.

Too bad you YET AGAIN failed to read.

You have written several posts bitching and meaning about the Mad Greek and telling people to “just stop” (which is dumb cunt language if I’ve ever heard it.)

Now you’re stalking people.

Go out and get laid. You are the most pitiful bitch on DL, and that’s saying something.

by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2023 4:24 AM

[quote]you’re also the one who was complaining in multiple posts about how the victims deserved it because they didn't have security measures,

No one ever said that.

Again, you’re a liar.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2023 4:27 AM

Well shite. No updates huh?

by Anonymousreply 69January 23, 2023 4:08 PM

No, he just site in the pokey eating his cheerios and almond milk.

by Anonymousreply 70January 23, 2023 4:17 PM

I just spent yesterday trying to scrub my info from those people search sites. it's fucking crazy how much info they have on you!

I'm also getting a private mailbox ASAP! if anyone has any privacy tips (online or otherwise) please let us know!

One tip I found. USPS sells your addresses. esp when you fill in those change of address forms. However, if you put the move is temporary(not permanent), they aren't supposed to sell your new address.

by Anonymousreply 71January 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Why is “Concerned”European so obsessed with crime in the USA?

by Anonymousreply 72January 23, 2023 4:29 PM

R68, some nervous Nelly or Nellies have been annoying the snot out of everyone by obsessing over what security measures those kids should have had, when they lived in a rental house with little spending money and five residents apparently asking lots of people over. We're annoyed because 1) Security equipment is the landlord's responsibility, not the renter's, and 2) the repeated rants over what those kids should have done comes across as victim-blaming, which every decent person loathes.

The nervous nellies can feel free to bore everyone by saying what security measure you're implementing yourselves, and what you think is reasonable for various income levels. If the NNs do that they will still be bores, of course, but they will be much less offensive.

by Anonymousreply 73January 23, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote] Security equipment is the landlord's responsibility

Door locks are "security equipment." We can discuss locking doors without blaming these students for getting murdered.

by Anonymousreply 74January 23, 2023 8:42 PM

If this pasty asshole was that obsessed with them, he would have gotten them anyhow. It wasn't a crime of opportunity where he walked by and saw the slider open.

by Anonymousreply 75January 23, 2023 8:59 PM

If you want to bore everyone's ass off by proudly talking about locking your own door, go ahead and be a dullard!

But talking about what those students should have done is pointless and victim-blaming, and too tedious for words. Give it a fucking rest.

by Anonymousreply 76January 23, 2023 9:01 PM

Somewhere on one of these older threads I suggested that vegetarianism was part of his motivation-that he felt the girls were not being proper vegans or didn’t honor his veganism. I suggested that’s also why he didn’t kill the dog.

by Anonymousreply 77January 23, 2023 9:08 PM

R72 Mainly so gobshites like yourself can storm onto the threads stamping your foot and demanding i leave, and then I get to watch you combust in impotent fury when I refuse.

by Anonymousreply 78January 23, 2023 9:13 PM

Unlikely, R77, because 99.99999999% of humans would fail to take his veganism as seriously as he supposedly took it himself.

by Anonymousreply 79January 23, 2023 9:23 PM

Isn’t vegetarianism and vegan two different things?

by Anonymousreply 80January 23, 2023 9:41 PM

Yes, R80, they are 2 different things.

by Anonymousreply 81January 23, 2023 10:02 PM

Thanks, r81.

by Anonymousreply 82January 23, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote]Isn’t vegetarianism and vegan two different things?

They are both mental illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 83January 23, 2023 11:59 PM

Neither are mental illnesses, just lifestyle choices. Vegetarianism means you can eat dairy and eggs but not meat. Veganism means no animal products at all.

by Anonymousreply 84January 24, 2023 12:19 AM

R77, that’s a fascinating post, no sarcasm. I’m the purple-hands troll, & I’m convinced he has OCD and is obsessively washing his hands (maybe the gloves he wore a lot had latex and he’s allergic?? Idk.). I think we can all agree that he is quite extreme, likely neurotic, and for sure neuro-divergent. And hearing how adamant he is about his food (actually a better description is “militant”) I wouldn’t be shocked at all if his diet ties everything together, stagger things have happened. Anything is possible with this guy so far.

I want to point out that while he was indeed a complete moron during the crime in too many ways to list, in other ways, he actually did a decent job of covering his tracks. Right now, aside from minuscule DNA on sheath, the rest is truly circumstantial. Unless they come up with more DNA, this is not a slam dunk. The prosecutor will have a narrow path to victory. And if BK actually fights for himself, and I think he’s going to, he may just wiggle out somehow. Yes, he pinged in the towers that show his route, but there’s nothing that proves he went in that house, especially if the sheath is touch dna. Dylan’s testimony will never be conclusive to a jury. Literally the only case the prosecutor can make is that they must see “the totality of the circumstances”.

The one bright spot is that he followed them on social media. I’m pretty shocked he didn’t have a burner phone, if he had done this using a burner, he would be free, though I have no idea if burners could allow a criminal to surf the web completely undetected? The user would need a VPN scrambler, a Tor browser, and god only knows what else, though I think there has got yo be other methods to track a “dark web burner”, any one know if it’s possible to completely hide your web browsing on a burner phone? If it’s possible to have a second device that can be 100% cloaked, that means there will be a copycat who learns from BK’s mistakes and does exactly that because killers evolve. If the killer uses a burner phone and leaves his cell in the house, they’re home free.

by Anonymousreply 85January 24, 2023 2:39 AM

[quote]Right now, aside from minuscule DNA on sheath, the rest is truly circumstantial.

Who says the DNA found on the sheath was “minuscule”? You’re assuming facts.

Second, if your DNA is found at a crime scene where you have never been before and it has no business being there, on a piece of equipment that housed the murder weapon no less, the ballgame is over. A decent prosecutor can get a guilty verdict on that alone, throwing out all the other evidence.

by Anonymousreply 86January 24, 2023 2:45 AM

[quote] Is he going to get away with it?!!

It all depends just how circumstantial this is. If they don’t have a smoking gun then anything can happen. Casey Anthony is still out there walking around.

by Anonymousreply 87January 24, 2023 2:49 AM

[quote] Who says the DNA found on the sheath was “minuscule”?

If it’s touch DNA, they’re screw. It’s considered pseudoscience and many courtrooms don’t even allow it in.

If they have blood, that would be a big deal. However, because it’s a party house, the defense will simply say he had once been there like so many others.

If they have his skin under the victims’ fingernails, that would be a slam dunk.

I wonder if he’ll try to accuse his father of the murders.

by Anonymousreply 88January 24, 2023 2:52 AM

[quote]Right now, aside from minuscule DNA on sheath, the rest is truly circumstantial.

Um, do you know what the definition of circumstantial is?

by Anonymousreply 89January 24, 2023 2:52 AM

[quote] Somewhere on one of these older threads I suggested that vegetarianism was part of his motivation-that he felt the girls were not being proper vegans or didn’t honor his veganism. I suggested that’s also why he didn’t kill the dog.

That wild be hilarious. I doubt it though. Most people aren’t vegan.

by Anonymousreply 90January 24, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote] If they have blood, that would be a big deal. However, because it’s a party house, the defense will simply say he had once been there like so many others.

I should have added if they’re going by skin cells found at the residence or a shoe print. Blood would be another story if it was found there - his blood.

by Anonymousreply 91January 24, 2023 2:54 AM

[quote]If they have blood, that would be a big deal. However, because it’s a party house, the defense will simply say he had once been there like so many others.

So the last time he was at this hypothetical party—which no one saw him, because if they did they’d be called to testify—he bled there? And left his knife sheath with blood on it which, by golly, also happened to have contained the murder weapon?

That is very serendipitous.

by Anonymousreply 92January 24, 2023 2:55 AM

You're forgetting they found bloodstains at his apartment, which are being analyzed. If that blood belongs to the victims, how does he explain how it got there?

by Anonymousreply 93January 24, 2023 2:58 AM

R88 would say “um, um, maybe he got his r gs from one of the women and wiped it on a napkin and dropped it in his car and then brought it in his house because he was out of Bounty. All perfectly, easily explainable.”

Because we can’t look at the facts.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 94January 24, 2023 3:06 AM

“maybe he got his r gs from one of the women”

Should read maybe he got his r gs from one of the women

by Anonymousreply 95January 24, 2023 3:07 AM

Oh, I guess that word is censored here. They are things planes have and they’re red. If you don’t know what that means, Google it.

by Anonymousreply 96January 24, 2023 3:08 AM

R86, for the life of me I cannot remember the source on a “minuscule” example, I can’t cite a source for that so take it with a huge grain of salt. But let’s pretend just for now that it is true that it is a teeny tiny sample. Would that influence a jury, hmmm? I am saying that I think it could. Soon enough we will know how big that sample was…

R89, what am I missing? It looks highly circumstantial to me. Aside from that single DNA sample, there is no other DNA so far. It is a series of actions that point toward his guilt (I believe he did this FYI), but there are *plenty* of cases where someone was wrongly convicted and later it was proven definitively that the accused was indeed innocent and it was all based on circumstantial evidence. I think it is possible for a lawyer to argue that if we have no other DNA, he must be found innocent because our country has a history of wrongful convictions that occurred in similar cases. “You must err on the side of innocent because tomorrow this could be you on trial”. So what am I missing for real?

by Anonymousreply 97January 24, 2023 3:11 AM

[quote]but there are *plenty* of cases where someone was wrongly convicted and later it was proven definitively that the accused was indeed innocent and it was all based on circumstantial evidence.

But those exonerations were based on finding—what? Wait for it—DNA that was not the convicted persons.

The very same evidence you’re saying is “minuscule” and doesn’t mean much.

by Anonymousreply 98January 24, 2023 3:15 AM

[quote]Aside from that single DNA sample, there is no other DNA so far.

How much DNA do you want? Pools of it? If your DNA is found at a crime scene, especially tangential to the murder weapon, that’s it, you’re done. Period.

by Anonymousreply 99January 24, 2023 3:16 AM

Not always R99!

by Anonymousreply 100January 24, 2023 4:40 AM

I'm a lifelong vegetarian (not vegan) and it's not very weird to ask questions about the kitchen before ordering. For example, a restaurant with veggie burgers on the menu will often cook the patties on the same grill as the beef burgers. It's not really vegetarian if it's cooked in animal fat. I used to ask, but now I just know and don't bother ordering it unless it's a completely vegetarian restaurant. My friends who are vegan and vegetarian tend to ask similar questions or might ask about possible hidden meat sources in the food (e.g. burritos at a Mexican restaurant may have animal fat in the beans or their could be oyster sauce in your veggie Pad Thai).

Maybe servers hate this, but these questions shouldn't come as a surprise and I'm pretty sure they hear it a lot from fellow vegetarians and vegans. It's probably the most normal thing I've heard about BK so far.

by Anonymousreply 101January 24, 2023 5:02 AM

Do you think it’s normal that he made family throw away pots and pans r101? My husband had an ex-wife who made him throw away the laundry machines because a pen leaked in them, and she believed the ink was cancerous. I don’t consider either normal.

by Anonymousreply 102January 24, 2023 2:38 PM

He didn't make anyone throw away pots and pans, R102.

by Anonymousreply 103January 24, 2023 3:35 PM

Au contraire r103. Do you know him that you can say that with such confidence? I don’t. But I did read the pots and pans story one multiple outlets, I think it is already an accepted part of the BK Canon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 24, 2023 3:45 PM

R102, I do think it's unusual to request separate pots/pans that have never touched meat, especially if it's not a house BK lived in. But I also have to admit there is a preference among many vegetarians and vegans for the kitchen itself to be all vegetarian or all vegan. It just reduces the possibility of anything touching meat, no risk of encountering anything on a poorly cleaned pan, etc. and that really is a comfort, especially if someone is doing this for animal welfare reasons. It would be a "plus" but not something most would ever ask for.

But if Bryan was willing to eat at Mad Greek then he must have known those pots/pans, plates, and utensils had all previously touched meat. So I'm skeptical of the claim and wonder if he used it as an excuse to not have to eat at his aunt's house or so he could bring in better outside food. If I was arrested for murdering 4 people, I wouldn't expect an aunt to immediately release a statement saying I was an OCD type of eater. I think BK definitely committed the murders but his aunt sounds like a twit.

by Anonymousreply 105January 24, 2023 3:47 PM

Your reading comprehension is very poor, isn't it, R104? You never once read that he made anyone throw out pots and pans.

by Anonymousreply 106January 24, 2023 3:47 PM

[quote]Your reading comprehension is very poor, isn't it, [R104]? You never once read that he made anyone throw out pots and pans.

I'm not r104 - in fact I have posted on all 12 of these threads maybe half a dozen times - but I have certainly read that BK made his uncle and aunt throw out pots and pans and/or buy dedicated pans for his vegan cooking - that doesn't mean that it is true, r106. People post a lot of crap on threads like these, and even in the press when they have nothing else to talk about.

When Anne Heche died, it was printed in many papers that she was probably drunk, because there was a photo of a bottle with a red cap in her car. It was immediately assumed that it was a vodka bottle. Over a month later, the tox report came back - and there was no alcohol in her system. That bottle was never identified, other than it had a red cap on it.

All of that talk - much of it stated as fact - came to nothing. Sometimes crazy people do crazy shit for no reason at all.

Why on earth are you two arguing whether he had people throw out pots and pans or not? What does that have to do with the murders?

by Anonymousreply 107January 24, 2023 4:15 PM

[quote]When Anne Heche died,

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 108January 24, 2023 4:18 PM

[quote]or their could be oyster sauce in your veggie Pad Thai

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 109January 24, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote]Not always [R99]!

[quote]—OJ's bronco

Again, this guy is no OJ Simpson. The Simpson jury would’ve done anything to acquit him for a variety of reasons, one of which was the prosecution put on a horrible case.

One of the first post-exit interviews of a juror she complained about them putting on the domestic violence witnesses because, in her mind, DV had nothing to do with the murder. Really?

by Anonymousreply 110January 24, 2023 4:21 PM

Also because OJ was much beloved. This guy is a fucking weird creep.

by Anonymousreply 111January 24, 2023 5:45 PM

R107, please point to a source where it's said that BK made anyone throw out pots and pans.

by Anonymousreply 112January 24, 2023 6:31 PM

[quote] So the last time he was at this hypothetical party—which no one saw him, because if they did they’d be called to testify—he bled there? And left his knife sheath with blood on it which

They never said it was blood.

by Anonymousreply 113January 24, 2023 6:37 PM

[quote][R107], please point to a source where it's said that BK made anyone throw out pots and pans. —I'll wait

Wait for the rest of your life, r112. I said I'd read it (and I have), not that I had a source - and that's the point I'm making. You are spinning in circles because a random person said BK had told someone to throw out pots and pans. Why does it matter, and why are you wasting your time asking for verification over something of no consequence?

You chastised someone else for reading comprehension issues. What I said was:

[quote]I have certainly read that BK made his uncle and aunt throw out pots and pans and/or buy dedicated pans for his vegan cooking

Do you not understand what "and/or" means? It means one, or maybe both things.

Here's one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 24, 2023 7:08 PM

What did you expect them to take from his apartment? A severed hand? The forensics on the car, any evidence not in the PCA they had pre-warrant, results of the apartment evidence analysis, we won’t know any of this until trial or leaks from discovery (in June). I don’t know why people feel one way or the other about how strong the case is.

by Anonymousreply 115January 24, 2023 7:18 PM

R113, did you not read the quote I cited before my quote? Here, let me post it again:

[quote]If they have blood, that would be a big deal. However, because it’s a party house, the defense will simply say he had once been there like so many others.

This poster is suggesting that if they found BK’s blood in the house the defense would say he’s been there before.

by Anonymousreply 116January 24, 2023 8:34 PM

R116, read r91.

by Anonymousreply 117January 24, 2023 8:56 PM

[quote] Oh, I guess that word is censored here. They are things planes have and they’re red. If you don’t know what that means, Google it.

No idea what you’re talking about.

by Anonymousreply 118January 24, 2023 8:59 PM

R117, yes, as you read it now. However, when those posts were made (last night) they came in seconds apart.

by Anonymousreply 119January 24, 2023 9:18 PM

R118, it’s the name of the NHL hockey team in Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 120January 24, 2023 9:19 PM

R96- rigs?

by Anonymousreply 121January 24, 2023 9:39 PM

R114, you interjected in a conversation that didn't involve you, I was addressing. R104, who did indeed say in his post at R102 that BK made people "throw away" pots and pans. That has never been stated in the media, anywhere.

What has been said is that BK's aunt and uncle bought him new pots/pans (that hadn't been tainted by meat). Do you suppose his family converted to veganism and also used the new "untainted" OR do you think that they bought them for BK and his diet alone and continued to use their regular pots and pans?

Why is this an issue, you ask? Ask R104, who tried to correct my post at R103. He or she is the person who erroneously stated that BK had people throw away pots/pans instead of simply buying a new set that hadn't been contaminated with meat.

by Anonymousreply 122January 24, 2023 9:52 PM

[quote]What has been said is that BK's aunt and uncle bought him new pots/pans (that hadn't been tainted by meat). Do you suppose his family converted to veganism and also used the new "untainted" OR do you think that they bought them for BK and his diet alone and continued to use their regular pots and pans?

Thing is, r122, I don't care because it doesn't matter regarding the murders. I can't imagine why his aunt/uncle would buy BK pots and pans when he could buy his own, but in the end, what does any of that matter?

I don't comment much, but I have read most of the posts on all 12 threads. I understood the backstory between you and the other poster, because I read it. It involves me because I observed that exchange and wanted to comment on the absurdity of it.

by Anonymousreply 123January 24, 2023 10:07 PM

R123, I imagine they bought him separate pots/pans because he was annoying and it was just easier to get them for him. Or maybe they didn't know he was crazy and just wanted to do something nice for their nephew. If he was being difficult with them, then that speaks to his character, if they were just being polite and accommodating, then it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 124January 24, 2023 10:17 PM

Don't they have his car, with the license plate visible, on video...circling the house three times minutes before the murders? How's he going to explain that away? He doesn't live anywhere near there and had no reason to be there at 4am.

by Anonymousreply 125January 24, 2023 11:28 PM

Not to mention his phone pinging on their tower that night at 4 am or whatever. Fucking moron brought his phone to a killing...Or were his car and phone stolen that night but he never reported it?

by Anonymousreply 126January 25, 2023 1:38 AM

I'm blushing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 25, 2023 3:08 AM

Things she thought:

Sorry, Mrs. Kernodle but I've got a better party (for my career) to go to! ~ Anne Taylor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 25, 2023 3:10 PM

Just a thought, and I'm no psychiatrist but Kohberger has an aversion to meat, does not eat it, wouldn't eat it, did not want to eat off pots and pans that had been used in the cooking of meat. He was not just a strict vegan but it's reported "The former aunt described Kohberger's food restrictions as "very, very weird" and "far beyond vegan." Has been reported by others. In jail he has requested a vegan diet.

Humans ARE 'meat'. Kohberger's last name ends in 'berger' (burger/meat). Does his strict veganism reveal a subconscious hatred of himself, 'KohBERGER'/ 'burger' who is 'meat'?

Well, that's my take on it. Any psychiatrists out there having this thought?

Just an observation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 25, 2023 3:33 PM

^^Oh, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 130January 25, 2023 3:35 PM

R128- I read somewhere (don't quote me on this) that Anne Taylor is the only qualified public defender for death penalty cases in Kootenoi Country. Which sounds both like a plausible reason for her withdrawing from the other case, and a provocative marketing campaign for a certain down-on-its-luck women's clothing line.

by Anonymousreply 131January 25, 2023 6:57 PM

I really don't think his veganism is at play at all in this. He probably turned vegan because he was a former fat fuck, I think that's really all it is. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

by Anonymousreply 132January 25, 2023 7:03 PM

This is a generalization, but of the vegans i know the ones who are most militant were often bullied in school and I imagine felt pretty defenseless. I think "saving the animals" has something to do with feeling helpless as a kid and sort of preyed upon by the bullies. Maybe they wish someone had rescued them? They feel a kinship with these hunted animals so they dedicate their lives to protecting them. Sometimes it feels like there is an underlying hatred of humanity there.

by Anonymousreply 133January 25, 2023 7:49 PM

What R132 said.

Good lord, R133.

I was a vegan for a couple of years, it was a bit much. It's easy to stay thin when you follow a vegan diet. I've been vegetarian since college (20+ years now)- I did it because my friends were doing it, it was cheaper and healthier. It basically stuck ever since. Case closed. Absolutely nothing to do with saving animals or kinships with them being hunted for christ's sake

You have to be somewhat insufferable to be a diligent vegan. I suspect Brian was insufferable on many levels.

by Anonymousreply 134January 25, 2023 11:48 PM

r134, I hear you. I've been a vegetarian for almost 35 years now so I'm coming from a relatively informed perspective. I'm just providing an observation of former friends/lovers who were especially hardcore about their veganism. This is just what I saw in them and I still think it's true.

by Anonymousreply 135January 26, 2023 1:09 AM

IMHO hard-core animal rights activists (including the most annoying vrgans) and anti-abortion nutters have loads in common. They're all troubled souls who are trying to heal themselves by saving "innocents", and who have serious issues with regular humans, which is why they dont care who they hurt in pursuit of their goals. All probably due to past traumas they haven't dealt with.

Which has nothing to do with the Idaho murders or BK! I doubt he gives a rat's ass about either animals or humans.

by Anonymousreply 136January 26, 2023 2:38 AM

Most animal rights activists are liberal and pro-gay. Anti-abortion activists are far right nuts who hate gays. Don't lump them together

by Anonymousreply 137January 26, 2023 3:31 AM

R136- Thank you for blessing the world with "vergan."

by Anonymousreply 138January 26, 2023 4:38 AM

You're welcome, R138. but don't thank me! Thank my goddamn phone and its "keyboard"!

by Anonymousreply 139January 26, 2023 7:00 AM

Flip side of the same coin r137

by Anonymousreply 140January 26, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote] Most animal rights activists are liberal and pro-gay.

Link.

by Anonymousreply 141January 26, 2023 10:38 PM

Yes, Brigette Bardot is so pro-gay and liberal. lmao

by Anonymousreply 142January 26, 2023 10:39 PM

I did not post that r142, but really? I don’t think Bridgette is representative of the typical animal rights activist. I’ve never even met someone who is into animal rights who leans right. But I’ve met a ton of left-leaning animal rights people.

Either way, I’m sure we can agree that extremists are all nuts, regardless of which side they fall on.

by Anonymousreply 143January 27, 2023 12:51 AM

Brigitte Bardot was born in 1934 and is half crazy (if not whole crazy). And always was. I don't think you can compare her to modern-day left-leaners in America (or anywhere).

by Anonymousreply 144January 27, 2023 1:50 AM

R143, Bo Derek is also a Republican. Many on the Right are animal rights activists. Get out of your bubble.

by Anonymousreply 145January 27, 2023 1:56 AM

Oh dear. Though I live for these semantics sort of arguments on DL. For the record:

"... liberals are far more likely than moderates of conservatives to ditch meat or dairy. The poll found that 11 percent of liberals are vegetarian while 5 percent are vegan. Only 2 percent of convervatives are either vegan or vegetarian... "

Two percent is still a hell of a lot of people and the conservative vegans/vegetarians are probably very likely to be less sane than the garden variety liberal vegan/vegetarian, because it's more of a contradiction to their typical character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 27, 2023 2:02 AM

He was vegan because he thought it would cure the “visual snow” and he posted at length over and over again about it. He was a “health reasons” vegan.

by Anonymousreply 147January 27, 2023 3:41 AM

R147

And so now it looks as if the outcome of that is he will spend a long and healthy life in the graybar hotel. Oh well, these things don’t always work out like you hoped for.

by Anonymousreply 148January 27, 2023 4:14 AM

You are truly rude r145.

by Anonymousreply 149January 27, 2023 4:55 AM

Meat is murder!

by Anonymousreply 150January 28, 2023 2:14 PM

R148 The joke's on you! he will never be able to smoke or get any sun, so who will look younger? He will!

by Anonymousreply 151January 28, 2023 2:15 PM

Prisoners don't get an hour a day on a playground or something? Even death row ones did I thought. Geneva convention or some such.

by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2023 8:28 PM

IIRC, prisoners need to get at least 1 hour (out of 24) outside of their cells.

by Anonymousreply 153January 28, 2023 8:30 PM

This is correct.

In white collar prisons, they are required to have access to 60 minutes a day of free-range, grass-pasture grazing.

by Anonymousreply 154January 28, 2023 8:38 PM

Anyone who is vegan had mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 155January 28, 2023 10:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!